The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2020 Posts: 23,267
    Congratulations George'sRetroRockets

My Team for this GW...
    Henderson
    TAA, Egan, Coady
    Sterling (c), KDB (v), Martial, Fernandes, Antonio
    Ings, Jiminez

Greenwood first Sub

I will likely change this three or four times in the next few hours

I'd be much more confident in a decent gameweek rank with that team than the one I'm stressing over, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Still working on which transfer(s) to make. Will likely leave it until minutes before the deadline before deciding.

I was a bit hasty in my transfers not taking into consideration the F. A. CUP at the weekend, I now have this awful feeling KDB and Sterling may be rested.

I fear one of them will see limited minutes at least, but who? My hunch says De Bruyne, but I have nothing to base that on. Just a feeling.

My bench is weak, so I might be looking at a very bad gameweek if rotation hits hard.

I am thinking KDB also as Sterling was rested a few games ago.
    Decided to leave my Triple Captain Chip until GW38 City at home to Norwich.
    Do I risk benching KDB for Jiminez. Though the five subs makes it unlikely certain players will stay benched.
    Congratulations George'sRetroRockets

My Team for this GW...
    Henderson
    TAA, Egan, Coady
    Sterling (c), KDB (v), Martial, Fernandes, Antonio
    Ings, Jiminez

Greenwood first Sub

I will likely change this three or four times in the next few hours

I'd be much more confident in a decent gameweek rank with that team than the one I'm stressing over, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Still working on which transfer(s) to make. Will likely leave it until minutes before the deadline before deciding.

I was a bit hasty in my transfers not taking into consideration the F. A. CUP at the weekend, I now have this awful feeling KDB and Sterling may be rested.

I fear one of them will see limited minutes at least, but who? My hunch says De Bruyne, but I have nothing to base that on. Just a feeling.

My bench is weak, so I might be looking at a very bad gameweek if rotation hits hard.

I am thinking KDB also as Sterling was rested a few games ago.
    Decided to leave my Triple Captain Chip until GW38 City at home to Norwich.
    Do I risk benching KDB for Jiminez. Though the five subs makes it unlikely certain players will stay benched.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Sterling might be more likely to start. But guessing what Pep does is impossible!

Triple captain might be a good chip for gameweek 38. I think many have played it already, which will make it a good way to get a good rank "boost" in the final gameweek.

Oooh, that's risky given City's fixture. Go with your gut feeling with this one!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Tempted to take another hit and get Alonso in :)) Though knowing Chelsea they will likely consede to Norwich

Just played Russian Roulette with Triple Captain Chip [-O<
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,272
    Alright, ended up doing this:

Mahrez + Vardy > David Silva(!) + Jesus (-4). Puntiest of punts taking out Mahrez for Silva for a hit; gambling on Silva to play more the remaining games. :-SS

McCarthy
    Alexander-Arnold - Doherty - Aurier
    David Silva - De Bruyne - Fernandes (C) - Salah
    Jesus - Greenwood - Rashford
    (Foster - Stephens - Fernández - Hayden)

Tempted to take another hit and get Alonso in :)) Though knowing Chelsea they will likely consede to Norwich

What did you end up doing in the end?
    I think my Triple Captain Chip is active lol

On who?

Mahrez + Vardy > David Silva(!) + Jesus (-4). Puntiest of punts taking out Mahrez for Silva for a hit; gambling on Silva to play more the remaining games. :-SS

McCarthy

Not sure if Aurier will be involved Jose left decision to player, Aurier brother just died.

On who?

Sterling, before the deadline I did the activate, de activitate, activate etc... Not sure what it landed on

McCarthy

Not sure if Aurier will be involved Jose left decision to player, Aurier brother just died.

I know (terrible news to read), but I decided to just leave him in the starting eleven even so. I expect he won't play, and that Stephens will come on from the bench.

On who?

Sterling, before the deadline I did the activate, de activitate, activate etc... Not sure what it landed on

He could make a great Triple Captain for this gameweek! We'll see soon if the chip was played.

McCarthy

I know (terrible news to read), but I decided to just leave him in the starting eleven even so. I expect he won't play, and that Stephens will come on from the bench.

On who?

He could make a great Triple Captain for this gameweek! We'll see soon if the chip was played.

If my Triple Captain fails so be it, these games since the restart my decisions have been pretty poor. I am resorting to blind luck now lol

Very sad about Aurier brother, totally needless act of cowardice from the gunman.

McCarthy

On who?

If my Triple Captain fails so be it, these games since the restart my decisions have been pretty poor. I am resorting to blind luck now lol

Very sad about Aurier brother, totally needless act of cowardice from the gunman.

Same here. I have to go with differential picks and see how that plays out. Might even do a -8 next gameweek!

Has the gunman been caught? In the article I read, it said the person was still at large.

McCarthy

On who?

Same here. I have to go with differential picks and see how that plays out. Might even do a -8 next gameweek!

Has the gunman been caught? In the article I read, it said the person was still at large.

Article I read said the same not been caught yet.

My Triple Captain in active, I need assistance from the FPL God's lol

I think I will bank a transfer next GW and save two for the final GW. Shame season is almost over, was just getting back into football, though we still have Europe

McCarthy

On who?

I think I will bank a transfer next GW and save two for the final GW. Shame season is almost over, was just getting back into football, though we still have Europe

Let's hope they're able to.

Just saw that, going through each team for the captaincy picks! Wish I could have Sterling too, but I didn't have enough funds to get him…

Yeah, it's a shame it's almost already over. Has the date been set for the kick-off of the 2020-2021 season?
    Here are the gameweek 36+ captaincy picks!
    Salah: 4
    De Bruyne: 3
    Sterling: 3
    Fernandes: 2
    Mané: 2
    Kane: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Foden: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Mahrez: 1

Salah is the most captained player in our league this gameweek, with a good fixture against an Arsenal team that continues to struggle defensively. De Bruyne and Sterling are next on the list, also playing a team that struggles with goals against – Bournemouth. A varied list of captains this time around, so it will be interesting to see which captains scores the highest. Good luck everyone!

McCarthy

On who?

Just saw that, going through each team for the captaincy picks! Wish I could have Sterling too, but I didn't have enough funds to get him…

Yeah, it's a shame it's almost already over. Has the date been set for the kick-off of the 2020-2021 season?

I have heard 12th of September, it will be interesting to see how that impacts the Cup competitions, some have speculated that the League Cup may be sacrificed to fit all the League games in. (Not forgetting that Euro 2020 (21) is scheduled for next summer). The F.A. will likely not budge at all regarding the F.A. Cup to accommodate the Premier League.

McCarthy

On who?

I have heard 12th of September, it will be interesting to see how that impacts the Cup competitions, some have speculated that the League Cup may be sacrificed to fit all the League games in. (Not forgetting that Euro 2020 (21) is scheduled for next summer). The F.A. will likely not budge at all regarding the F.A. Cup to accommodate the Premier League.

Thanks! It would be nice to get the league back again that early. I almost expected them to wait even longer (like October), but I guess that would make things difficult re. other competitions.

McCarthy

On who?

Thanks! It would be nice to get the league back again that early. I almost expected them to wait even longer (like October), but I guess that would make things difficult re. other competitions.

For teams going far in the the CL and Europa they wont have much time to recover before the league starts, though at this point I would think most players will just keep training as though the season never stopped.

McCarthy

On who?

For teams going far in the the CL and Europa they wont have much time to recover before the league starts, though at this point I would think most players will just keep training as though the season never stopped.

Yeah, they probably won't have regular vacations after the league finishes. They will have to have some time off of course, then go back to prepare for the next season.
    Sterling and KDB both benched, nightmare scenario

At this point I hope Sterling stays benched, then my Captaincy will go to Bruno
    Sterling and KDB both benched, nightmare scenario

At this point I hope Sterling stays benched, then my Captaincy will go to Bruno

I feared something like this would happen, which was part of my thinking taking out Mahrez for David Silva. But it might backfire though, because Mahrez (and Sterling/De Bruyne) can come on an get plenty of points even if not starting the game.
    Deep FPL depression kicking in lol Sterling on at half time, hopefully he can do something. Son scored again, should never have sold him. So many bad decisions I will be glad when this FPL season is over lol

To make things even worse just noticed Greenwood has a Yellow flag and is injured he would come in for KDB, rest of my bench wont play ~X(
    Deep FPL depression kicking in lol Sterling on at half time, hopefully he can do something. Son scored again, should never have sold him. So many bad decisions I will be glad when this FPL season is over lol

To make things even worse just noticed Greenwood has a Yellow flag and is injured he would come in for KDB, rest of my bench wont play ~X(

FPL at it's most ruthless!

Any news re. Greenwood's potential injury? Is he likely to feature in tomorrow's game?

Any news re. Greenwood's potential injury? Is he likely to feature in tomorrow's game?

Liverpool at full strength, not sure about Greenwood must be a result of that dodgy challenge during the Southampton game when Romeu should have been sent off.

Wolves conceding late just my luck lol

Just occurred to me because I got Sterling in for a hit my Triple Captain scored me - 1 points :))

Liverpool at full strength, not sure about Greenwood must be a result of that dodgy challenge during the Southampton game when Romeu should have been sent off.

Just occurred to me because I got Sterling in for a hit my Triple Captain scored me - 1 points :))

Hm… Will have Stephens (for a double Southampton defence) coming on for De Bruyne, and Fernandéz (0 points) if Greenwood doesn't play. Not good…

Didn't check the predicted rank before the Burnley goal, but I think that helped my overall rank ever so slightly.

Ouch! Would have got Sterling for a hit myself, if I had the funds. Luckily, I got some points from David Silva, but even that did hardly help my rank…

Hm… Will have Stephens (for a double Southampton defence) coming on for De Bruyne, and Fernandéz (0 points) if Greenwood doesn't play. Not good…

Didn't check the predicted rank before the Burnley goal, but I think that helped my overall rank ever so slightly.

Ouch! Would have got Sterling for a hit myself, if I had the funds. Luckily, I got some points from David Silva, but even that did hardly help my rank…

I have been wreckless hoping my wild decision making would propel me toward the top 10K, I should have just played it safe which I will do for the remaining 2 GW's.

I have been wreckless hoping my wild decision making would propel me toward the top 10K, I should have just played it safe which I will do for the remaining 2 GW's.

I think once you're inside or around the top 50k this close to the end of the season, you're likely faced with the decision if you want to push for a better overall rank by taking risks, or playing it safe by only taking low-risk decisions.

I'm chasing to get inside the top 100k, so I'm left with no choice but to go for it (which is not good, because I like to play the game without taking too many risks).
    Greenwood, Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford and Martial all start.

Damage limitation for me, my SU assets doing nothing, I will likely get my lowest score of the season at this rate.

Damage limitation for me, my SU assets doing nothing, I will likely get my lowest score of the season at this rate.

Phew! That makes things easier for my Bench Boost (should Greenwood be alright to play next gameweek).

It's a difficult gameweek for sure. Several highly-owned players have not been able to get good scores.

Phew! That makes things easier for my Bench Boost (should Greenwood be alright to play next gameweek).

It's a difficult gameweek for sure. Several highly-owned players have not been able to get good scores.

That's my only consolation that my disaster GW is happening on a bad GW for the majority of people.

Relieved Greenwood is OK, my bench is full of none playing players lol

That's my only consolation that my disaster GW is happening on a bad GW for the majority of people.

Relieved Greenwood is OK, my bench is full of none playing players lol

Yes, it was noted on a FPL Youtube video I watched this afternoon, that it was "a good gameweek to have a ba gameweek".

My bench is very weak too, so him starting was very good news.