The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited July 2020 Posts: 17,280
    Just woke and see Jiminez scored and clean sheet for Coady thankfully, this GW not going to be a high scoring one.

As things stand I am still in the top 40K not having Antonio or Sterling this week has not hurt my rank.

Same here. Sterling in particular has pushed me down to 150k-ish. All depends on the players I have left now, but as they're highly owned, I expect I'll be where I'm at now once the gameweek is finished. Already looking towards next GW to try and set my team for the remaining games…

I suspect many have a United double or treble up. I am regreting getting Salah in now (which is now Sterling) that's a - 8 over two GW's that were unnecessary. I get Son scores later lol

I think many of the active teams have some form of United cover – probably a triple-up or a double-up. That might affect rank if you don't have it, but if you do, it won't necessarily make much difference (overall rank depending). Many will have captained Fernandes as well.

I expect Sp*rs to come back to form against Arsenal. Arsenal are too easy to challenge defensively, and Mou knows it. Son/Kane hat-trick incoming!

The problem with Kane when I watched some of the Bournemouth game is he was literally in CDM CB position at times which is ridiculous, watching Spurs is like watching Man United Under Jose, he really is out of touch with the modern game. United players have proved to be much better than Jose claimed now that they have got there confidence back. I was wrong about Ole

That's true for those games, but if there's one game for Kane to turn into a Ronaldo like beast, it's this match. No matter their current form, I expect Sp*rs will absolutely destroy Arsenal. If not, I recon they will get a few dodgy pens to settle the game.

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on a home win.

I understand the Derby rivalary though with no crowd and Spurs being utter garbage lol I think Arsenal will get a draw at least. A major issue that Spurs have is there defence in too slow, Arsenal can exploit that if Spurs attempt to push forward. Jose will likely defend lol

That is Arsenal's only hope, I think - no crowd factor and Sp*rs' form. But I will never underestimate Mou's ability to get a win, no matter how they play. Arsenal's defence isn't good either…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2020 Posts: 23,336
    Just woke and see Jiminez scored and clean sheet for Coady thankfully, this GW not going to be a high scoring one.

As things stand I am still in the top 40K not having Antonio or Sterling this week has not hurt my rank.

Same here. Sterling in particular has pushed me down to 150k-ish. All depends on the players I have left now, but as they're highly owned, I expect I'll be where I'm at now once the gameweek is finished. Already looking towards next GW to try and set my team for the remaining games…

I suspect many have a United double or treble up. I am regreting getting Salah in now (which is now Sterling) that's a - 8 over two GW's that were unnecessary. I get Son scores later lol

I think many of the active teams have some form of United cover – probably a triple-up or a double-up. That might affect rank if you don't have it, but if you do, it won't necessarily make much difference (overall rank depending). Many will have captained Fernandes as well.

I expect Sp*rs to come back to form against Arsenal. Arsenal are too easy to challenge defensively, and Mou knows it. Son/Kane hat-trick incoming!

The problem with Kane when I watched some of the Bournemouth game is he was literally in CDM CB position at times which is ridiculous, watching Spurs is like watching Man United Under Jose, he really is out of touch with the modern game. United players have proved to be much better than Jose claimed now that they have got there confidence back. I was wrong about Ole

That's true for those games, but if there's one game for Kane to turn into a Ronaldo like beast, it's this match. No matter their current form, I expect Sp*rs will absolutely destroy Arsenal. If not, I recon they will get a few dodgy pens to settle the game.

I understand the Derby rivalary though with no crowd and Spurs being utter garbage lol I think Arsenal will get a draw at least. A major issue that Spurs have is there defence in too slow, Arsenal can exploit that if Spurs attempt to push forward. Jose will likely defend lol

That is Arsenal's only hope, I think - no crowd factor and Sp*rs' form. But I will never underestimate Mou's ability to get a win, no matter how they play. Arsenal's defence isn't good either…

Pepe just then his lack of effort to track Moura was alarming after a mistake

Thunderbolt from Lacazette, Xhaka assist

:)) Son had to go and score, mistake from Sideshow Bob

Sp*rs to win this. Arsenal are shocking.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Could go either way I think, how David Luiz got a new contract is beyond me

Aurier Yellow Card, did you bench him?

Could go either way I think, how David Luiz got a new contract is beyond me

Aurier Yellow Card, did you bench him?

Arsenal are reliant on Luiz' agent for signings. I think that's a key factor. Lot's of favours in play…

Yes, expected cards in this game, so I didn't fancy playing him.

______

As expected. Arsenal are destined for mid-table now.
    I see Son got an assist as well, typical does nothing for weeks then I sell and he gets points.

I guess Jose bought some time with that win.
    I see Son got an assist as well, typical does nothing for weeks then I sell and he gets points.

I guess Jose bought some time with that win.

This game was the perfect opportunity for Son to get into goalscoring form again…

Mou will probably buy himself the summer and start of the next season with this result. They have a shot at EL now, so that's something. Arsenal on the other hand are in big trouble; a season without European competition can be an advantage with less games to play, but with Arsenal's financial situation, missing out is very much a disadvantage. This is just a continuing trend with Arsenal, and is very likely what lies ahead for the club. They're an Everton in the making.
    Just seen the Bournemouth score :-O
    United must win tomorrow now

Congrats on Vardy points

Congrats on Vardy points

Expected more from Leicester in this game to be honest, but wow, that's a massive result for Bournemouth. The relegation battle might be a bit more interesting than we thought!

Congrats on Vardy points

Expected more from Leicester in this game to be honest, but wow, that's a massive result for Bournemouth. The relegation battle might be a bit more interesting than we thought!

I like Eddie Howe and he has worked wonders in previous years, last few games shows the players are fighting for him.

Congrats on Vardy points

I like Eddie Howe and he has worked wonders in previous years, last few games shows the players are fighting for him.

Makes you wonder though, where that fight was in the games before. Howe is a much better coach than what the league position suggests, so it would be a shame if Bournemouth gets relegated.

Congrats on Vardy points

Makes you wonder though, where that fight was in the games before. Howe is a much better coach than what the league position suggests, so it would be a shame if Bournemouth gets relegated.

I looked at the table earlier and all relegation threatened teams fixtures. I really can't see past Villa and Bournemouth going down. Bournemouth attackers not performed this season, C Wilson was out a long time, Brooks (think that's his name) was out, Fraser nowhere near the form of last season.

Congrats on Vardy points

I looked at the table earlier and all relegation threatened teams fixtures. I really can't see past Villa and Bournemouth going down. Bournemouth attackers not performed this season, C Wilson was out a long time, Brooks (think that's his name) was out, Fraser nowhere near the form of last season.

Fraser isn't even part of the club now, is he? Didn't he refuse to sign an extension, seeing his contract last the season?

Villa and Bournemouth need plenty of luck if they're going to stay up. The teams ahead are all capable of getting hard fought results, while I'm not sure those two teams are. Again, it would be a shame with bournemouth – but we will likely have some interesting teams promoted from the Championship!

Congrats on Vardy points

Fraser isn't even part of the club now, is he? Didn't he refuse to sign an extension, seeing his contract last the season?

Villa and Bournemouth need plenty of luck if they're going to stay up. The teams ahead are all capable of getting hard fought results, while I'm not sure those two teams are. Again, it would be a shame with bournemouth – but we will likely have some interesting teams promoted from the Championship!

Of course we are in July and deadline has passed, where did Fraser go or is he a free agent. I recall he was linked with Arsenal.

Watford has some tough fixtures I think them slipping up is Bournemouths only hope really.

Congrats on Vardy points

Of course we are in July and deadline has passed, where did Fraser go or is he a free agent. I recall he was linked with Arsenal.

Watford has some tough fixtures I think them slipping up is Bournemouths only hope really.

I don't know, really. Haven't seen his named been mentioned much. He was linked with Arsenal last season, but the interest has apparently cooled down. I think Sp*rs have been linked with him more recently, so I won't be surprised if he ends up there.

Agree, though I think they have a chance picking up points against West Ham and Arsenal. Arsenal effectively ended their season yesterday, so it's anyone's guess how the remaining fixtures go for them.

Congrats on Vardy points

I don't know, really. Haven't seen his named been mentioned much. He was linked with Arsenal last season, but the interest has apparently cooled down. I think Sp*rs have been linked with him more recently, so I won't be surprised if he ends up there.

Agree, though I think they have a chance picking up points against West Ham and Arsenal. Arsenal effectively ended their season yesterday, so it's anyone's guess how the remaining fixtures go for them.

Liverpool at home next, surely the players will be up for that.

Congrats on Vardy points

Liverpool at home next, surely the players will be up for that.

The should, but I don't think they will… I think Arsenal will aim for the FA Cup now, even though they're just as unlikely to progress there. After that, they're definitely on the beach.
    Same starting line up for United again and Ings starts for Southampton.

Hoping for a 5 - 2 to United, Ings grabbing a brace lol
    1 - 1 Rashford goal Martial assist, I sold Rashford :))

Martial cracker 2 - 1 Fernandes assist
    Nasty head collision Williams and Walker Peters

Ten men United conceded late on [-(

Southampton have played well, United looked tired in second half.

Small Green Arrow to 35K if only I had kept Rashford and Son ~X(

Red arrow for me. Down to 147k as Fernandes "only" got an assist. I'm already looking towards making some changes before tomorrow's deadline, but any moves I can see myself doing, are risky ones… Also have Bench Boost to worry about, but I think I just have to play that in gameweek 37.

Red arrow for me. Down to 147k as Fernandes "only" got an assist. I'm already looking towards making some changes before tomorrow's deadline, but any moves I can see myself doing, are risky ones… Also have Bench Boost to worry about, but I think I just have to play that in gameweek 37.

I already made my transfers two days ago which was risky on reflection, I am stumbling on a top 50K finish, I nay play my triple Captain City v Bournemouth though Pep Roulette worries me lol

I already made my transfers two days ago which was risky on reflection, I am stumbling on a top 50K finish, I nay play my triple Captain City v Bournemouth though Pep Roulette worries me lol

The Pep roulette is worrying me too. Right now I'm torn between going all in on the Pep roulette, or target Chelsea's fixture against Norwich. The trouble getting a Chelsea player now, is the fact that I want to be without Chelsea assets GW 37/38. So I might just need to target players for the remaining games, not just specific fixtures.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,690
    My team for Gameweek #36+:

Chip used: free hit.

Patricio
    Doherty, Digne, Dunk
    Fernandes (C), Pulisic, Antonio, Martial
    Jimenez, Vardy, Jesus
    My team for Gameweek #36+:

Chip used: free hit.

Patricio
    Doherty, Digne, Dunk
    Fernandes (C), Pulisic, Antonio, Martial
    Jimenez, Vardy, Jesus

Clever chip playing strategy, @DaltonCraig007! This is a good gameweek to target specific fixtures, and I see you have several of the in-form players. A good gameweek score is very likely with that team!
    Another gameweek is finished, which means we have another gameweek winner. This time it was George'sRetroRockets that managed getting the most points – congratulations! =D>

dqPRXuw.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload
    GW 19: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 20: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 21: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 22: Team Extreme
    GW 23: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 24: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 25: Anfield FC / Team Extreme
    GW 26: Manchester United
    GW 27: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 28: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 29: Overload
    GW 30+: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 31+: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 32+: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 33+: Team Extreme
    GW 34+: MEJICO POWA
    GW 35+: George'sRetroRockets
    League table standings:

Team Extreme: GW 61 – TOT 2126
    Dinamo Skruknott: GW 50 – TOT 2061
    11FishFingers: GW 57 – TOT 2025
    LVLA Skopje 05: GW 46 – TOT 1993
    Anfield FC: GW 38 – TOT 1934
    AFC Fritzson: GW 50 – TOT 1894
    Anotherwastedcorner: GW 31 – TOT 1881
    MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 31 – TOT 1863
    DICKLESS TOWN: GW 38 – TOT 1841
    EMRE CAN Fan: GW 41 – TOT 1836
    Overload: GW 46 – TOT 1835
    bobby’sfashionsense: GW 50 – TOT 1832
    bliblikadek: GW 32 – TOT 1829
    MEJICO POWA: GW 45 – TOT 1798
    Flitwick Flyers: GW 43 – TOT 1738
    Benny’sBlues: GW 40 – TOT 1718
    GoldyTheRef: GW 25 – TOT 1678
    George’sRetroRockets: GW 71 – TOT 1657
    Manchester United: GW 16 – TOT 1381
    ______

Remember the 19:15 (UK time) deadline tonight, and have your teams ready!
    Congratulations George'sRetroRockets

My Team for this GW...
    Henderson
    TAA, Egan, Coady
    Sterling (c), KDB (v), Martial, Fernandes, Antonio
    Ings, Jiminez

Greenwood first Sub

I will likely change this three or four times in the next few hours

My Team for this GW...
    Henderson
    TAA, Egan, Coady
    Ings, Jiminez

Greenwood first Sub

I'd be much more confident in a decent gameweek rank with that team than the one I'm stressing over, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Still working on which transfer(s) to make. Will likely leave it until minutes before the deadline before deciding.

My Team for this GW...
    Henderson
    TAA, Egan, Coady
    Ings, Jiminez

Greenwood first Sub

I'd be much more confident in a decent gameweek rank with that team than the one I'm stressing over, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Still working on which transfer(s) to make. Will likely leave it until minutes before the deadline before deciding.

I was a bit hasty in my transfers not taking into consideration the F. A. CUP at the weekend, I now have this awful feeling KDB and Sterling may be rested.

My Team for this GW...
    Henderson
    TAA, Egan, Coady
    Ings, Jiminez

Greenwood first Sub

I was a bit hasty in my transfers not taking into consideration the F. A. CUP at the weekend, I now have this awful feeling KDB and Sterling may be rested.

I fear one of them will see limited minutes at least, but who? My hunch says De Bruyne, but I have nothing to base that on. Just a feeling.

My bench is weak, so I might be looking at a very bad gameweek if rotation hits hard.