The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Up to 74 points now, if the Leicester clean-sheet holds!

Well done! Haven't checked my score yet, but it's definitely better than last gameweek.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Kelly did not start though I will take that Soyuncu goal

That's what a decent bench is for!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I have 0 points coming off my bench as Pieters and Boly are back up defence, I started Soyuncu
    Vardy goal get in, a decent score this GW at last
    Vardy, Jiminez and Abraham all scored this week, my hit was worth it thank god
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,104
    76 points this GW if Vardy picks up 1 bonus point, not bad haul considering my whole midfield blanked

I have 0 points coming off my bench as Pieters and Boly are back up defence, I started Soyuncu

My bad! I see teams with Söyüncü benched, so it could be worse!
    76 points this GW if Vardy picks up 1 bonus point, not bad haul considering my whole midfield blanked

That's a great score this GW!

I still cant catch up to you in first, another dud captain did not help :))
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,241

We're in the same boat when it comes to captains! Don't think I'll manage to hold on to the lead much longer; there's plenty of issues to sort out, and a lot of players I don't own that keeps on scoring/assisting!

We're in the same boat when it comes to captains! Don't think I'll manage to hold on to the lead much longer; there's plenty of issues to sort out, and a lot of players I don't own that keeps scoring/assisting!

I am relatively happy with my side just TAA to bring in and decide which premium asset to downgrade, maybe one will get injured and make my choice easy, getting rid of a premium asset is a worry if they start scoring. Or i could just go without TAA? though I think that's a risk also

We're in the same boat when it comes to captains! Don't think I'll manage to hold on to the lead much longer; there's plenty of issues to sort out, and a lot of players I don't own that keeps scoring/assisting!

I am relatively happy with my side just TAA to bring in and decide which premium asset to downgrade, maybe one will get injured and make my choice easy, getting rid of a premium asset is a worry if they start scoring. Or i could just go without TAA? though I think that's a risk also

I think one question you could ask yourself is, what could you do with the money saved with not bringing in TAA? I'm not looking to get rid after that assist yesterday, but I don't know if I'd be worried going without a Liverpool defender - yet.

Liverpool have decent games after City, so jumping on either a Liverpool defender or an additional Liverpool attacking option then might be something to consider.

I think one question you could ask yourself is, what could you do with the money saved with not bringing in TAA? I'm not looking to get rid after that assist yesterday, but I don't know if I'd be worried going without a Liverpool defender - yet.

Liverpool have decent games after City, so jumping on either a Liverpool defender or an additional Liverpool attacking option then might be something to consider.

It's really waying up which players are likely to score more points.

Andre Gomes injury was awful, Son looked so distressed.

Same here! I have no idea what to do going forward though. Boly is an issue - as is Pope, but I also want to save a transfer…

That's a horrific injury for André Gomes. Can only hope he comes back playing as well as he's done for Everton. One of their better players, IMO.

Same here! I have no idea what to do going forward though. Boly is an issue - as is Pope, but I also want to save a transfer…

That's a horrific injury for André Gomes. Can only hope he comes back playing as well as he's done for Everton. One of their better players, IMO.

It reminded me of the Cisse injury, certainly wish a safe recovery

Had completely forgot about that one @-)
    An international match, wasn't it?

It was whilst he was playing for Liverpool, one of my family had a similar injury nasty.

---
    Scoutcast - Learning from mistakes in FPL

---
    Mason Mount: Chelsea midfielder is injured against Ajax and could miss England games
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50310911

This could force either a earlier move for TAA or I may get Pulisic in instead
    After 11 GW's I have had 8 Captain fails and only 3 Captains that have delivered, this has got to improve

It was whilst he was playing for Liverpool, one of my family had a similar injury nasty.
    I seem to only remember one he got in an international match. Maybe he had two nasty injuries?
    ---

---
    Mason Mount: Chelsea midfielder is injured against Ajax and could miss England games

Damn! Think I'll just have to bench Mount this GW. Forces me to find a Boly replacement though.
    After 11 GW's I have had 8 Captain fails and only 3 Captains that have delivered, this has got to improve

You and me both! Really need a good captain score to climb in the overall rankings.

I seem to only remember one he got in an international match. Maybe he had two nasty injuries?
    ---

---

Damn! Think I'll just have to bench Mount this GW. Forces me to find a Boly replacement though.

You and me both! Really need a good captain score to climb in the overall rankings.

Regarding Mount I later realized that its the international break after this GW so i'll just bank my transfers for a few weeks, I will bring Cantwell on if need be as a replacement for Mount, Cantwell may get something at home to Watford.

Just watched the Liverpool leg break again its proper nasty, he broke his leg twice

---

---

Regarding Mount I later realized that its the international break after this GW so i'll just bank my transfers for a few weeks, I will bring Cantwell on if need be as a replacement for Mount, Cantwell may get something at home to Watford.

Good point – had completely forgot about the international break. Should really try to save a transfer so I have two free transfers to use after the internationals, but I think the Mount and Boly injuries forces me to make one to bring in a replacement for the latter.

Just watched the Liverpool leg break again its proper nasty, he broke his leg twice
    Ouch! That's really unlucky. At least he managed to come back from those injuries.

---

---

Good point – had completely forgot about the international break. Should really try to save a transfer so I have two free transfers to use after the internationals, but I think the Mount and Boly injuries forces me to make one to bring in a replacement for the latter.

Ouch! That's really unlucky. At least he managed to come back from those injuries.

I am in the same boat though reluctant to take a hit this week just to get Boly out, I am going to rely on Cantwell and Kelly to be backup. Though don't be surprised if I have made a transfer by Friday deadline :))

---

---

I am in the same boat though reluctant to take a hit this week just to get Boly out, I am going to rely on Cantwell and Kelly to be backup. Though don't be surprised if I have made a transfer by Friday deadline :))

Cantwell might be a good option to start this gameweek; Watford might concede a few goals on current form.

Looking at my team, I think there's a case for saving a transfer, if starting Connolly for Mount (if Mount is out, that is). Will probably be tempted to do a Friday night transfer too, haha! :))

---

---

Cantwell might be a good option to start this gameweek; Watford might concede a few goals on current form.

Looking at my team, I think there's a case for saving a transfer, if starting Connolly for Mount (if Mount is out, that is). Will probably be tempted to do a Friday night transfer too, haha! :))

Do I make any changes? In a ideal world the Liverpool v City will be 2 - 2 or 2 - 3 with all assets doing well. Some FPL managers are saying to get rid of City assets because of upcoming fixtures. Personally I think City are fixture proof its really down to whether they turn up, so I am reluctant to get rid of KDB or Sterling as both can have hauls.

I am looking at ways of getting in Martial possibly for Mount, though as much as I rate Martial the service from the rest of United for me is the issue as to whether he will deliver or not.

---

---

Do I make any changes? In a ideal world the Liverpool v City will be 2 - 2 or 2 - 3 with all assets doing well. Some FPL managers are saying to get rid of City assets because of upcoming fixtures. Personally I think City are fixture proof its really down to whether they turn up, so I am reluctant to get rid of KDB or Sterling as both can have hauls.
    I'm asking myself the same question! Still yet to read up on press conference news, but I think I might try and save a transfer personally.

I'm a bit wary of transferring out City assets. I did it with Sterling and Zinchenko, and Sterling started getting returns as soon as I did. He's not been delivering to his price in FPL though, but it wouldn't surprise me if he starts picking up bigger returns soon.
    I am looking at ways of getting in Martial possibly for Mount, though as much as I rate Martial the service from the rest of United for me is the issue as to whether he will deliver or not.
    My issue with Martial is that he has a good run, and as soon you bring him in, he gets injured…

---

---

I'm asking myself the same question! Still yet to read up on press conference news, but I think I might try and save a transfer personally.

I'm a bit wary of transferring out City assets. I did it with Sterling and Zinchenko, and Sterling started getting returns as soon as I did. He's not been delivering to his price in FPL though, but it wouldn't surprise me if he starts picking up bigger returns soon.
    My issue with Martial is that he has a good run, and as soon you bring him in, he gets injured…

Just listened to Football Scout, City are without Ederson, David Silva and Rodri though that's if you trust Pep, If true KDB will likely play deeper.

Mount is in the squad for Chelsea and will be assessed though I am wondering if he may come of the bench or be rested depending how the game goes against Palace

I will have to take a hit for Martial unless i do a swap for KDB which I am reluctant to do

---

---

Just listened to Football Scout, City are without Ederson, David Silva and Rodri though that's if you trust Pep, If true KDB will likely play deeper.

Not what you want to hear as a KDB owner, although he's good enough to get returns even from a deeper position.
    Mount is in the squad for Chelsea and will be assessed though I am wondering if he may come of the bench or be rested depending how the game goes against Palace
    Hm…If I didn't have value tied up in him, I'd be tempted to make a transfer. Will likely just keep him until after the international break.
    I will have to take a hit for Martial unless i do a swap for KDB which I am reluctant to do

Who are you transferring out for a hit if you're getting Martial?

---

---

Not what you want to hear as a KDB owner, although he's good enough to get returns even from a deeper position.
    Hm…If I didn't have value tied up in him, I'd be tempted to make a transfer. Will likely just keep him until after the international break.

I think I will just not do anything, United could easily mess up at home against Brighton not taking the risk, I will look at Martial after the International break when I have two transfers

---

---

I think I will just not do anything, United could easily mess up at home against Brighton not taking the risk, I will look at Martial after the International break when I have two transfers

Having two free transfers can be a huge advantage too. A lot can happen in those international matches. I'm still thinking if I should deal with Boly now, or just save the transfer.