The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Taking a gamble on my captaincy
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I've used my wildcard and cleared out all the dead wood.
    Something has to get me out of this bad start to the season.

Mind you,its a cracking looking team now,im quite excited !

Regret not playing the wildcard this week, but two free transfers kept me from doing it. Maybe next week!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I held on to my transfer, think I have made an error not starting Greenwood I think he may start against West Ham I was not quick enough to make the late change
    Here are the gameweek 6 captaincy picks!
    Sterling: 5
    Salah: 3
    Agüero: 3
    Aubameyang: 2
    Kane: 1
    Pukki: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Mané: 1
    Vardy: 1
    van Dijk: 1

Interesting to see so many different captains this week. Sterling is the most popular choice, closely followed by Salah and Agüero. Good luck everyone!

Who will he start instead of? Rashford?

Interesting to see so many different captains this week. Sterling is the most popular choice, closely followed by Salah and Agüero. Good luck everyone!

Pogba and Martial still injured and James is a major doubt, Ole has hinted Greenwood will start

I picked Vardy as concerned about Sterling's minutes as a Captain choice it's a gamble though I want to climb the rankings
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241

Pogba and Martial still injured and James is a major doubt, Ole has hinted Greenwood will start

I picked Vardy as concerned about Sterling's minutes as a Captain choice it's a gamble though I want to climb the rankings

Interesting! He's placed last on my bench this gameweek, though…

I took a gamble on Sterling myself (De Bruyne vice captain). I'm not too confident to be honest, but the fixture is a good one (on paper). As always I considered Salah too, but Chelsea away…I really don't know what to expect from that game.

Vardy is a good punt, I think. Leicester have been good so far.
    I have Aub as my captain and he has single handedly kept my team going until now.With the wildcard hopefully the rest will contribute.
    I expect him to score against Villa tomorrow.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241
    I have Aub as my captain and he has single handedly kept my team going until now.With the wildcard hopefully the rest will contribute.

I hope so too (although he's not in my team at the moment)! One could argue that he's kept Arsenal going as well; he's been so important so far this season, and in Lacazette's absence he'll be even more important.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339

I hope so too (although he's not in my team at the moment)! One could argue that he's kept Arsenal going as well; he's been so important so far this season, and in Lacazette's absence he'll be even more important.

That’s very true Torg,we need him more than anyone,he scares defences and goalkeepers to death .

That’s very true Torg,we need him more than anyone,he scares defences and goalkeepers to death .

I'm surprised he even played in the EL Thursday. They should manage his playing time very carefully.

I'm surprised he even played in the EL Thursday. They should manage his playing time very carefully.

It was to lead the 2 academy lads and give them confidence but yep it was a gamble .

It’s Pepe who needs to step up and Ozil needs to f***k off now....enough.

It was to lead the 2 academy lads and give them confidence but yep it was a gamble .

It’s Pepe who needs to step up and Ozil needs to f***k off now....enough.

It certainly worked! Bukayo Saka was brilliant, as was Joe Willock.

I really hope Pépé starts getting goal involvement soon. Would make him a good FPL option too!
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339
    If we can get our academy lads going and get our Young English loanies back after experience from Leeds etc it’s looking good !!!!
    This GW is a disaster so far
    If we can get our academy lads going and get our Young English loanies back after experience from Leeds etc it’s looking good !!!!

Indeed! Nketiah is doing well at Leeds, so hopefully he can fill that striker spot in a few years time – and be a good option to Lacazette/Aubameyang until then.

Indeed. No Sterling or Zinchenko, Mount injured and only Greenwood and Dendoncker to come on…

Indeed! Nketiah is doing well at Leeds, so hopefully he can fill that striker spot in a few years time – and be a good option to Lacazette/Aubameyang until then.

Indeed. No Sterling or Zinchenko, Mount injured and only Greenwood and Dendoncker to come on…

I started mount so hopefully he is out as I have Lundstrum with 9 points currently on bench. Vardy only 4 points for me, should have gone with De Bruyne though Pep Roulette is tough to navigate
    Looks like no Sterling at all so got those Lundstrum points anyway, Greenwood will come in for Mount possibly, so salvageable GW I hope
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,105

I started mount so hopefully he is out as I have Lundstrum with 9 points currently on bench. Vardy only 4 points for me, should have gone with De Bruyne though Pep Roulette is tough to navigate

Just noticed your vice captain, good points there.

After three naff weeks considering dumping Sterling for Mané, Son or Aguero

Lucky vice captaincy for once!

Too bad with Vardy, but with the Sterling no-show, you'll to get those Lundstram points off the bench. He's on three bonus points too, I think.

The City roulette will be difficult to navigate now. First priority for me is looking for a Zinchenko replacement. Have to think about Sterling too.

Too bad with Vardy, but with the Sterling no-show, you'll to get those Lundstram points off the bench. He's on three bonus points too, I think.

The City roulette will be difficult to navigate now. First priority for me is looking for a Zinchenko replacement. Have to think about Sterling too.

Just glad I have two free transfers, that City score was crazy

Just the one transfer here, which does make the wildcard a tempting option this week.

Just the one transfer here, which does make the wildcard a tempting option this week.

Been a bit distracted had some items stolen though had to go to work so will have to sort it tomorrow. I am fuming lol its took my focus off fpl

Been a bit distracted had some items stolen though had to go to work so will have to sort it tomorrow. I am fuming lol its took my focus off fpl

Stolen? How?

Stolen? How?

Some parcels sent to me, I had suspicions though today found a opened parcel addressed to me that was empty. Four parcels are unaccounted for, will report it to police tomorrow
    Much needed clean sheet points from Ryan brings me up to 40 disaster averted with four players with games tomorrow, I need a Liverpool win with a clean sheet, and a debut Greenwood goal

Stolen? How?

Some parcels sent to me, I had suspicions though today found a opened parcel addressed to me that was empty. Four parcels are unaccounted for, will report it to police tomorrow

That's a shame – no wonder you're fuming! Don't know how likely it is you'll ever get the items back, but I hope it will sort itself out somehow!
    Much needed clean sheet points from Ryan brings me up to 40 disaster averted with four players with games tomorrow, I need a Liverpool win with a clean sheet, and a debut Greenwood goal

I suddenly need Greenwood to perform too. Just finished watching Newcastle-Brighton; that sure was a boring match. Brighton came closest, but their best effort was saved on the goal line.

Stolen? How?

That's a shame – no wonder you're fuming! Don't know how likely it is you'll ever get the items back, but I hope it will sort itself out somehow!

I suddenly need Greenwood to perform too. Just finished watching Newcastle-Brighton; that sure was a boring match. Brighton came closest, but their best effort was saved on the goal line.

Cheers I will sort it

The bore draws do pay dividends with clean sheets, I was considering Dunk replacing Van Dyk to free up cash which I am still likely to do with my double transfer

Stolen? How?

Cheers I will sort it

The bore draws do pay dividends with clean sheets, I was considering Dunk replacing Van Dyk to free up cash which I am still likely to do with my double transfer

Seems like a sensible move given Liverpool's lack of clean sheets. Went with Rico as my van Dijk replacement, but that was mostly to free up some much needed cash.

Stolen? How?

Cheers I will sort it

Seems like a sensible move given Liverpool's lack of clean sheets. Went with Rico as my van Dijk replacement, but that was mostly to free up some much needed cash.

Rico move paid off, Callum Wilson doing very well fpl extra points every week so far, I missed than one
    Bonus points have bailed me out got 49 points with four players left so Sterling and bad Captain choice not hurting as much as first thought, I should maintain my 58 point average which at this stage is decent