The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2020 Posts: 23,102
    Henderson, Egan, Lundstram and Grealish all start thankfully all in my team.

Phew! I've been going back and forth on the Sheffield United defence. I couldn't decide, and in the end I went with Baldock and Lundstram. Interesting that both Lundstram and Sander Berge are on the pitch.

I brought Egan in as O'Connel had a yellow flag. I changed Martial to Grealish late on as the two games despite not being easy Grealsih can do something from nothing, covering all angles. I swapped Krull for Leno at the very last second.

You never know with double gameweek players, but the likelihood of more game time can be beneficial considering there might be a bit of rotation because of the break.

I have Leno too, but to be honest, I'm not expecting much. Hoping for save points.
    I read that SKY are going to have a fake crowd noise option lol

Really? Haven't read or heard anything about that being an option here.

lol was just thinking of Leno during build up and thought god if City run riot it will be minus points :))

SKY Sports Main Event channel will have the usual crowd noises, I will tell you whether it makes much difference, probably be just like playing FIFA.

I think Leno will go into the second fixture with a minus one at least – hopefully a clean sheet and a few saves in the second [-O<

Please do! I'm curious how it will sound like!

I will take 4 points from Leno now :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Listened with and without crowd sound, opted for the crowd sounds you forget the stadium is empty.
    The fake crowd cheered a Henderson save lol

Phew! I've been going back and forth on the Sheffield United defence. I couldn't decide, and in the end I went with Baldock and Lundstram. Interesting that both Lundstram and Sander Berge are on the pitch.

I brought Egan in as O'Connel had a yellow flag. I changed Martial to Grealish late on as the two games despite not being easy Grealsih can do something from nothing, covering all angles. I swapped Krull for Leno at the very last second.

You never know with double gameweek players, but the likelihood of more game time can be beneficial considering there might be a bit of rotation because of the break.

I have Leno too, but to be honest, I'm not expecting much. Hoping for save points.

lol was just thinking of Leno during build up and thought god if City run riot it will be minus points :))

SKY Sports Main Event channel will have the usual crowd noises, I will tell you whether it makes much difference, probably be just like playing FIFA.

I think Leno will go into the second fixture with a minus one at least – hopefully a clean sheet and a few saves in the second [-O<

Me too, haha! I picked him as I couldn't afford having Henderson on Free Hit.
    Listened with and without crowd sound, opted for the crowd sounds you forget the stadium is empty.

Interesting! Just the match noise here, as in the Bundesliga. I think I can get used to the sound of empty stadiums quite easily, actually.

Haha, the sound engineers (or whatever you might call them) are doing their bit for the match experience, then!

Interesting! Just the match noise here, as in the Bundesliga. I think I can get used to the sound of empty stadiums quite easily, actually.

Haha, the sound engineers (or whatever you might call them) are doing their bit for the match experience, then!

Its like FIFA sound, this game has 0 - 0 written all over it. Water break
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 17,241

I will probably see some clips online what it sounds like throughout the evening. FIFA sound on an actual game sounds so strange!

_______

Here are the gameweek 30+ captaincy picks! I imagine some of these teams are now inactive, but still, here's a look at how we're looking for this round of games:
    De Bruyne: 8
    Salah: 3
    Aubameyang: 2
    Agüero: 2
    Kane: 1
    Sterling: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Vardy: 1

De Bruyne is by far the most captained player this gameweek, a great option for the double gameweek. Salah, Aubameyang and Agüero are the only other players captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

I will probably see some clips online what it sounds like throughout the evening. FIFA sound on an actual game sounds so strange!

_______

Here are the gameweek 30+ captaincy picks! I imagine some of these teams are now inactive, but still, here's a look at how we're looking for this round of games:

De Bruyne is by far the most captained player this gameweek, a great option for the double gameweek. Salah, Aubameyang and Agüero are the only other players captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

Apparently only 25% of FPL managers have been active since restart.
    Blatant goal for SU, ridiculous decision.

_______

That's a low number, but not surprising either, given the brea we've had. I hope the inactive managers in our league return with renewed interest next season.

Why didn't the goal line technology tell the ref it was over the line?! Incredible!

_______

That's a low number, but not surprising either, given the brea we've had. I hope the inactive managers in our league return with renewed interest next season.

Why didn't the goal line technology tell the ref it was over the line?! Incredible!

Apparently the Goal Line Tech is faulty lol

Some may return next week or perhaps already had there sides set up. With such a high percentage out a top 10K is possible.

_______

Apparently the Goal Line Tech is faulty lol

Some may return next week or perhaps already had there sides set up. With such a high percentage out a top 10K is possible.

Isn't that supposed to be the one thing that's always correct?

I guess you're right about that. Now that things have kicked off again, we might see those " active managers" numbers go up.
    Aguero benched, he is my Captain I knew it was a risk.

It's good to have FPL back, isn't it…

The same old stresses lol Aguero will probably score off the bench.

Villa v Sheffield United I will take 0 - 0 now.

I fear the teams with De Bruyne (c) though. It was between him an Agüero or me, and I had to make a late decision – ending up with Kun.

I fear the teams with De Bruyne (c) though. It was between him an Agüero or me, and I had to make a late decision – ending up with Kun.

I almost went with KDB though Aguero fresh I expected a few goals at least which is still possible, Henderson racking up the safe and bonus points... need this clean sheet.

I almost went with KDB though Aguero fresh I expected a few goals at least which is still possible, Henderson racking up the safe and bonus points... need this clean sheet.

I was only 0.2 off having Henderson, I think…

Going without Salah and Mane freed up money for me, still have cash in the bank lol

Going without Salah and Mane freed up money for me, still have cash in the bank lol

I only have Alexander-Arnold from Liverpool this gameweek, but I might be looking towards transferring him and Salah out eventually.

I only have Alexander-Arnold from Liverpool this gameweek, but I might be looking towards transferring him and Salah out eventually.

25 points from that drab game, hopefully my 3 SU defenders can do the same v Newcastle.
    No Ozil or Pepe starting, hope no one brought them in for the Double GW.

Looking at Arsenal starting 11, they could get battered tonight.

25 points from that drab game, hopefully my 3 SU defenders can do the same v Newcastle.

That's a good score!
    No Ozil or Pepe starting, hope no one brought them in for the Double GW.

Looking at Arsenal starting 11, they could get battered tonight.

They are already, with two injuries in only 20 mins…
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Didn't know Hanks was a Villa fan!
    Jiminez delivered again, hope Leno is OK. In fpl terns glad Arsenal lost as make the loss in potential points easier.
    Jiminez delivered again, hope Leno is OK. In fpl terns glad Arsenal lost as make the loss in potential points easier.

My Free Hit is looking like a complete disaster right now, with 56 points against 82, which my original team would have had so far this gameweek. I'm on a huge rank drop as well, and will need my double gameweekers to turn up in their upcoming fixture. Though, I don't think it will do much of a difference, as those players are likely to be owned by others as well.

______

No news yet, but some tweets suggested it might be an ACL injury, which will mean he might miss a big part of next season…

My Free Hit is looking like a complete disaster right now, with 56 points against 82, which my original team would have had so far this gameweek. I'm on a huge rank drop as well, and will need my double gameweekers to turn up in their upcoming fixture. Though, I don't think it will do much of a difference, as those players are likely to be owned by others as well.

______

No news yet, but some tweets suggested it might be an ACL injury, which will mean he might miss a big part of next season…

Likewise after today, literally everything that could have gone wrong has, my squad is a mess. I will have to free hit and hope my team recovers for the GW after.

______

Likewise after today, literally everything that could have gone wrong has, my squad is a mess. I will have to free hit and hope my team recovers for the GW after.

You've got a decent gameweek score so far though! You need to find a Leno replacement though. If you want a playing cheap goalkeeper, Martinez will likely be in goal for Arsenal the rest of the season.

______

You've got a decent gameweek score so far though! You need to find a Leno replacement though. If you want a playing cheap goalkeeper, Martinez will likely be in goal for Arsenal the rest of the season.

Egan red card not good and Henderson cant play United as parent club, so currently have no keeper lol Decent score I guess though with the bench boost should have been better, hopefully Aguero (c) can deliver. And need Salah and Mane to blank, Robertson being out is a bonus, so need a TAA assist and clean sheet.
    lol Watching Everton v Liverpool only just realised Salah is on the bench lol