The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited June 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Kept my VFPL team the same and did a bit better tonight 80 points, though another red arrow :-O game must be broke :))

I took a gamble, downgrading Vardy to Jota and replacing Sané with Salah (c). Got me 94 points and a small green arrow. Still a few issues with my team though.

Good score, I am reluctantly holding onto Sane as he assisted again though having him and KDB is not doing me any favours at the moment. I have two transfers left though I really need to use up Free Hit and Bench Boost chips

Yeah, I decided to just take the chance and transfer out Sané, knowing he might be back again for this gameweek. With Salah you know he'll start, and that made it easier.

I struggle finding a good gameweek to use the chips. Depending on the transfers I do the next few gameweeks, I'll probably just pick a gameweek to play them and hope for the best.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2020 Posts: 23,105
    Kept my VFPL team the same and did a bit better tonight 80 points, though another red arrow :-O game must be broke :))

I took a gamble, downgrading Vardy to Jota and replacing Sané with Salah (c). Got me 94 points and a small green arrow. Still a few issues with my team though.

Good score, I am reluctantly holding onto Sane as he assisted again though having him and KDB is not doing me any favours at the moment. I have two transfers left though I really need to use up Free Hit and Bench Boost chips

Yeah, I decided to just take the chance and transfer out Sané, knowing he might be back again for this gameweek. With Salah you know he'll start, and that made it easier.

I struggle finding a good gameweek to use the chips. Depending on the transfers I do the next few gameweeks, I'll probably just pick a gameweek to play them and hope for the best.

I have a rare day off at home so I will sit down and look at my team and try to come up with a strategy for the next few weeks lol
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

As things stand the only Double GW will be the first GW back, all the rest are single GW's.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June
    18:00 Aston Villa v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports)
    20:15 Man City v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

Friday 19 June
    18:00 Norwich City v Southampton (Sky Sports/Pick)
    20:15 Spurs v Man Utd (Sky Sports)

Saturday 20 June
    12:30 Watford v Leicester City (BT Sport)
    15:00 Brighton v Arsenal (BT Sport)
    17:30 West Ham v Wolves (Sky Sports)
    19:45 AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace (BBC)

Sunday 21 June
    14:00 Newcastle United v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports/Pick)
    16:15 Aston Villa v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
    19:00 Everton v Liverpool (Sky Sports/Pick)*
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June
    20:00 Man City v Burnley (Sky Sports)

Having Unlimited Transfers has thrown me as I don't know where to start, I am reasonably happy with my team as it is.

---
    Just hit the worst free hit ever in VFPL, instantly regret using the chip :))

I have a rare day off at home so I will sit down and look at my team and try to come up with a strategy for the next few weeks lol

I'm just taking it gameweek by gameweek now, haha! Seems to have worked somewhat so far, but I've not been having big jumps in the overall rankings. Aiming for a top 1k finish.

As things stand the only Double GW will be the first GW back, all the rest are single GW's.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

Having Unlimited Transfers has thrown me as I don't know where to start, I am reasonably happy with my team as it is.

---

I saw some FPL youtubers discussing the potential of unlimited transfers last week. This certainly makes thing interesting – but even more so difficult!

I've been having a look at my team as well, and it looks somewhat alright fixtures wise, and without a wildcard I'm not too tempted to load up on double gameweek players…One potential move I thought about earlier tonight, was to just not bother about the unlimited transfers, play the Free Hit (!), then get my current team back the following gameweek. Then I won't have to use transfers on double gameweek players I'm ulikely to want for the remaining fixtures. Feels like wasting a chip though.
    _____

Interesting move captaining Agüero!

I'm just taking it gameweek by gameweek now, haha! Seems to have worked somewhat so far, but I've not been having big jumps in the overall rankings. Aiming for a top 1k finish.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

I saw some FPL youtubers discussing the potential of unlimited transfers last week. This certainly makes thing interesting – but even more so difficult!

I've been having a look at my team as well, and it looks somewhat alright fixtures wise, and without a wildcard I'm not too tempted to load up on double gameweek players…One potential move I thought about earlier tonight, was to just not bother about the unlimited transfers, play the Free Hit (!), then get my current team back the following gameweek. Then I won't have to use transfers on double gameweek players I'm ulikely to want for the remaining fixtures. Feels like wasting a chip though.
    _____

74 points another red arrow, Aguero was a hit and hope move, I should have captained Mané. At least free hit is used up and I probably would have get less points with my fixed team.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

74 points another red arrow, Aguero was a hit and hope move, I should have captained Mané. At least free hit is used up and I probably would have get less points with my fixed team.

Thrown caution to the wind with VFPL now, took a hit doing random moves.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

I feel Free Hit is the most difficult chip in FPL, and Virtual FPL probably even more so!

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

It's not many gameweeks left and I will no doubt take a few chances going forward too. If it doesn't pay off, I'll at least know I gave it a try.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

I feel Free Hit is the most difficult chip in FPL, and Virtual FPL probably even more so!

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

It's not many gameweeks left and I will no doubt take a few chances going forward too. If it doesn't pay off, I'll at least know I gave it a try.

When I was at 71 in the world I took it seriously though been in free fall and with FPL starting not bothered about VFPL I may as well just go for it now.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

When I was at 71 in the world I took it seriously though been in free fall and with FPL starting not bothered about VFPL I may as well just go for it now.

Yeah, with the actual game back it might be just as well to have a bit of fun with it. You will likely still finish with a decent overall rank though!

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Yeah, with the actual game back it might be just as well to have a bit of fun with it. You will likely still finish with a decent overall rank though!

VFPL has indeed been a good distraction, credit to the owner.

Another red arrow for me :))
    Forgot to check my team again... :))

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

I've found it particularly difficult to pick up enough points recently. The average scores have been quite high.

Played the Free Hit, but the FH team hasn't had the best start. Another red arrow is looking likely…

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

I've found it particularly difficult to pick up enough points recently. The average scores have been quite high.

Played the Free Hit, but the FH team hasn't had the best start. Another red arrow is looking likely…

Rubbish score on its way for me, the Wolves v Liverpool game bailed me out as have Salah, TAA and Jiminez

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Dele Alli receives a 1 match ban for making a social media post mocking coronavirus.
    Dele Alli receives a 1 match ban for making a social media post mocking coronavirus.

Think he will miss the Man United game, what a pity lol
    ---

@Torgeirtrap Jiminez injured for 4 weeks in VFPL [-( he lasted mere minutes, I brought in Fernandes for Zaha which paid off.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Rubbish score on its way for me, the Wolves v Liverpool game bailed me out as have Salah, TAA and Jiminez

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

Didn't notice Zaha got a red card! I've been thinking of bringing him in as a punt.

Some players could do with a bit of media training…
    [

@Torgeirtrap Jiminez injured for 4 weeks in VFPL [-( he lasted mere minutes, I brought in Fernandes for Zaha which paid off.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns Damn, there goes my Wolves triple-up option!

I think I either have to stick with a cheap striker duo, or downgrade a premium mid to get one of Aubameyang or Agüero for the last few games. It's probably worth going for a few punts now.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

Didn't notice Zaha got a red card! I've been thinking of bringing him in as a punt.

[

I think I either have to stick with a cheap striker duo, or downgrade a premium mid to get one of Aubameyang or Agüero for the last few games. It's probably worth going for a few punts now.

66 points for me in the end, and shock horror I got a green arrow. Jiminez out for 4 weeks so straight striker swap for me. I got Pukki in thee GW's ago he keeps getting points. Considering dumping Calvert Lewin with Jiminez and getting a premium striker also.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

66 points for me in the end, and shock horror I got a green arrow. Jiminez out for 4 weeks so straight striker swap for me. I got Pukki in thee GW's ago he keeps getting points. Considering dumping Calvert Lewin with Jiminez and getting a premium striker also.

50(-4) here, and a red arrow (again). Took another hit and did Mané(!) and Calvert-Lewin to Mount and Agüero. Could backfire massively, but I have to give it a try.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

50(-4) here, and a red arrow (again). Took another hit and did Mané(!) and Calvert-Lewin to Mount and Agüero. Could backfire massively, but I have to give it a try.

I ended up bringing in Abraham for Jiminez, the Villa at home fixture surely there will be goals for Chelsea in that one. Still not sure about Captain pick...

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

I ended up bringing in Abraham for Jiminez, the Villa at home fixture surely there will be goals for Chelsea in that one. Still not sure about Captain pick...

I thought I had set Agüero as my captain, but it turns out I hadn't saved my changes, and the captaincy is on Jota :-O

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

I thought I had set Agüero as my captain, but it turns out I hadn't saved my changes, and the captaincy is on Jota :-O

Jota did OK in the end, 58 points for me green arrow.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

69(-4) here, and a green arrow for me as well. Jota was my highest scorer, so the captaincy worked out in the end!

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

69(-4) here, and a green arrow for me as well. Jota was my highest scorer, so the captaincy worked out in the end!

I may bank a transfer and have 2 for the last GW, I thought about Jota though got Abraham instead.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

I may bank a transfer and have 2 for the last GW, I thought about Jota though got Abraham instead.

That might be a wise move! I brought in Deeney as my Jota replacement now that Jota is injured, likely playing the triple captain on Agüero. I've yet to play Bench Boost, so I'll be hoping for no more injuries to sort out after this gameweek, as I need all 15 to play the final gameweek.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

That might be a wise move! I brought in Deeney as my Jota replacement now that Jota is injured, likely playing the triple captain on Agüero. I've yet to play Bench Boost, so I'll be hoping for no more injuries to sort out after this gameweek, as I need all 15 to play the final gameweek.

Got a few days off so will listen and watch on Youtube the last 2 VFPL GW's.

Just watched Man United friendly highlights, Rashford looks reasonably sharp. United will be able to field a very strong side v Spurs.

The lack of crowd really does feel like preseason friendly, the competitiveness of the games hopefully will help with the lack of atmosphere.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

Just watched Man United friendly highlights, Rashford looks reasonably sharp. United will be able to field a very strong side v Spurs.

The lack of crowd really does feel like preseason friendly, the competitiveness of the games hopefully will help with the lack of atmosphere.

It will be strange not to play Virtual FPL, it's been a nice substitute while we've been waiting for the real thing to return.

It will be interesting to see how United will perform against Sp*rs. I think I'm settled on playing Free Hit, but I don't know if I'll include any United players, instead focusing on players with a double gameweek. Might have a spot for Fernandes though, depending on how I structure the Free Hit team.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

It will be strange not to play Virtual FPL, it's been a nice substitute while we've been waiting for the real thing to return.

It will be interesting to see how United will perform against Sp*rs. I think I'm settled on playing Free Hit, but I don't know if I'll include any United players, instead focusing on players with a double gameweek. Might have a spot for Fernandes though, depending on how I structure the Free Hit team.

All things considered I may play my free hit also, unlimited transfers don't really help me going forward into the next GW's.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

All things considered I may play my free hit also, unlimited transfers don't really help me going forward into the next GW's.

Although far from perfect, I think my team is alright for gameweek 32 onwards, and I don't want to lose any value I have in my current squad – which leaves me with playing Free Hit. Not that team value is everything of course, but I don't want to risk not being able to bring a player back.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

Although far from perfect, I think my team is alright for gameweek 32 onwards, and I don't want to lose any value I have in my current squad – which leaves me with playing Free Hit. Not that team value is everything of course, but I don't want to risk not being able to bring a player back.

As much as I have enjoyed VFPL I will be glad when its over so I can focus on FPL, hoping Fernandes, Rashford Martial and Pogba will get us to top 4.

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

First set of games...

Wednesday 17 June

Friday 19 June

Saturday 20 June

Sunday 21 June
    *Venue TBC

Monday 22 June

---

_____

Zaha red card hurt

Martial to the rescue

Need a Pukki Party

[

As much as I have enjoyed VFPL I will be glad when its over so I can focus on FPL, hoping Fernandes, Rashford Martial and Pogba will get us to top 4.

Same here, haha! Although I'm playing Fantasy Eliteserien, Fantasy Allsvenskan and Fantasy Faroe Islands going forward!

Hoping for a good season finish for Arsenal, though I doubt they'll move up the table really. Arteta needs more time to make any impact, I think. And one transfer window at least.