The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Vardy scored again he is bailing me out, a Sterling goal would give me an OK score. I really need more luck with my Captain picks
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Losing Laporte clean sheet points is hurting
    Vardy scored again he is bailing me out, a Sterling goal would give me an OK score. I really need more luck with my Captain picks

Same here! Got the captaincy wrong thee times now – although Sterling did get a goal last gameweek when I captained him.

Same here! Got the captaincy wrong thee times now – although Sterling did get a goal last gameweek when I captained him.

Same here three weeks running I have got it wrong, that's 60 points lost maybe more, it makes all the difference
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,060
    My only defencive points are Kelly who is on the bench, typical :))

At least Chelsea drew at home, makes United's result more bearable.
    Hopefully it will be a draw in the North London Derby

Same here three weeks running I have got it wrong, that's 60 points lost maybe more, it makes all the difference

Hopefully the captaincy picks will swing to our benefit soon!
    My only defencive points are Kelly who is on the bench, typical :))

At least Chelsea drew at home, makes United's result more bearable.
    Hopefully it will be a draw in the North London Derby

You know what I'm hoping for!
    TAA assist thought is was a goal dam, Salah looking lively not delivering points yet. I will be lucky to get 50 points this GW at this rate
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,235
    TAA assist thought is was a goal dam, Salah looking lively not delivering points yet. I will be lucky to get 50 points this GW at this rate

It's all about beating the average though. If it's a low-scoring gameweek, 50 points might be a lot!

I can't remember the quote, but I think one of those elite FPL managers with several top 10k finishes mentioned once that if you can get an average around 60 points throughout the season, you'll potentially have a really good overall rank by the end of the season.

It's all about beating the average though. If it's a low-scoring gameweek, 50 points might be a lot!

I can't remember the quote, but I think one of those elite FPL managers with several top 10k finishes mentioned once that if you can get an average around 60 points throughout the season, you'll potentially do quite well by the end of the season.

Alot is riding on Liverpool keeping a clean sheet for me now

I can't remember the quote, but I think one of those elite FPL managers with several top 10k finishes mentioned once that if you can get an average around 60 points throughout the season, you'll potentially do quite well by the end of the season.

Alot is riding on Liverpool keeping a clean sheet for me now

Same here!
    Salah assist I will take that

Definitely. It's a bit strange with FPL; when your captain blanks you want the other captaincy options in your team to do well, but not too well. With that in mind, it was alright that Salah "only" got an assist.

Definitely. It's a bit strange with FPL; when your captain blanks you want the other captaincy options in your team to do well, but not too well. With that in mind, it was alright that Salah "only" got an assist.

Looking at some FPL streams there are alot of low points, generally I have made some good decisions it's really my captain pics that are derailing me

Looking at some FPL streams there are alot of low points, generally I have made some good decisions it's really my captain pics that are derailing me

Yes, it certainly seems like it's the captaincy pick that hasn't worked out for many. I haven't seen any numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sterling was captained by many. Same with Salah for that matter.
    Rumours that Laporte maybe out for months, only just got him in.

Leaves City short on center backs, though they rarely need to defend

Yes, it certainly seems like it's the captaincy pick that hasn't worked out for many. I haven't seen any numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sterling was captained by many. Same with Salah for that matter.

Yeah I briefly considered other options though Sterling is a risk if he does well and you don't Captain him. It's only four games played, two weeks until GW5 due to international break. Hopefully for club reasons players like Martial will have time to shake off injury

At least that gives you an option to make a switch to any defender in the same price range, or to downgrade and switch funds to other spots in the team.

I have Zinchenko myself. Laporte missing games will maybe affect City's clean sheet potential – and with Mendy returning, I might have to look at other alternatives too.

Yeah I briefly considered other options though Sterling is a risk if he does well and you don't Captain him. It's only four games played, two weeks until GW5 due to international break. Hopefully for club reasons players like Martial will have time to shake off injury

Sterling was a good captaincy option, IMO. I did consider De Bruyne, but Sterling is just as capable getting high scores. Salah vs Burnley too, of course, but Burnley have been a bit better defensively at the start of the season than last season.

At least that gives you an option to make a switch to any defender in the same price range, or to downgrade and switch funds to other spots in the team.

I have Zinchenko myself. Laporte missing games will maybe affect City's clean sheet potential – and with Mendy returning, I might have to look at other alternatives too.

Sterling was a good captaincy option, IMO. I did consider De Bruyne, but Sterling is just as capable getting high scores. Salah vs Burnley too, of course, but Burnley have been a bit better defensively at the start of the season than last season.

At least we have two weeks to decide, I have two injured defenders currently so I am going to have to wait and see. I may just bench Laporte to accumulate free transfers if I can then strengthen elsewhere.

At least we have two weeks to decide, I have two injured defenders currently so I am going to have to wait and see. I may just bench Laporte to accumulate free transfers if I can then strengthen elsewhere.

With injury concerns you definitely have to play it safe and wait and see – unless price changes forces a move you're looking to make. The international break can bring new injury concerns too, of course.

The break comes at a bad time for my team, as there's moves I want to make involving hits. The wildcard is an option, but if possible I want to hang on to it a few more gameweeks.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,235
    Jota benched for Wolves. He's already dropped in price, so I can't replace him for free. Wildcard tempting right now.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,060
    Jota benched for Wolves. He's already dropped in price, so I can't replace him for free. Wildcard tempting right now.

Ouch! just woke and saw the Everton result did Jota come on? I have stayed away from Wolves for the moment as being in the Europa League may effect them like it did Burnley last season

Edited: Just realised the game is still on 2 - 2 currently, another game with no clean sheets. Jiminez scored seems to be the best attacking option in that team

Richarlison scored twice though not keen on his price, he never convinced me last season I had him in my team for some time and he blanked alot after a bright start

Ouch! just woke and saw the Everton result did Jota come on? I have stayed away from Wolves for the moment as being in the Europa League may effect them like it did Burnley last season

Edited: Just realised the game is still on 2 - 2 currently, another game with no clean sheets. Jiminez scored seems to be the best attacking option in that team

Richarlison scored twice though not keen on his price, he never convinced me last season I had him in my team for some time and he blanked alot after a bright start

Jota came on to a one-pointer. Not many points on the bench though, so didn't lose anything with him coming on in the second half.

Entertaining game between Everton-Wolves though; five goals and a red card!

Not sure any FPL options presented themselves in the game. Richarlison might be worth looking at, but there are other options to choose from too.
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    5whj8qd2zxik.jpeg

I don’t know how this has happened. But I’m quite happy with it.
    Aguero, Richarlison, Salah, Kelly, Van Djik and Callum Wilson all paying off.
    Don’t know how long this lucky streak is going to last though.
    Another great gameweek for @benny, who's our gameweek 4 winner! =D>

JTEdBfw.jpg

I thought it might be an idea to list the gameweek winners too, just like the league table standings. Here's the first four:
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues

And here's how our league did in gameweek 4! 9 out of 18 teams beat the average gameweek score of 57. A difficult gameweek this IMO, where captaincy returns (or lack of it) might have made an impact for some teams.
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 62 - TOT 246
    2. Benny’s Blues: GW 79 - TOT - 240
    3. Team Extreme: GW 60 - TOT 236
    4. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 73 - TOT 234
    5. AFC Fritzson: GW 65 - TOT 233
    6. GoldyTheRef: GW 44 - TOT 223
    7. 11FishFingers: GW 76 - TOT 219
    8. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 55 - TOT 215
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 59 - TOT 211
    10. George’sRetrorockets: GW 41 - TOT 208
    11. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 65 - TOT 204
    12. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 43 - TOT 203
    13. Anfield FC: GW 58 - TOT 202
    14. bliblikadek: GW 53 - TOT 201
    15. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 39 - TOT 186
    16. MEJICO POWA: GW 56 - TOT 185
    17. Flitwick Flyers: GW 48 - TOT 181
    18. Overload: GW 36 - TOT 178

Reminder: We're now entering the first international break, so keep an eye out for injuries and players returning from injuries!
    Congrats @Benny... Our league is very tight and competitive that's for sure

Just watching England, totally uninspiring

Not a lot happening in that game yet, no. Sums up international games perfectly!

Not a lot happening in that game yet, no. Sums up international games perfectly!

Easy win England have very good attackers though our midfield is ordinary