The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    silly question, can i change my team now after first week? I've tried to look around but can't figure it out. help appreciated.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,235
    silly question, can i change my team now after first week? I've tried to look around but can't figure it out. help appreciated.

Yes, if you want to do transfers, you can do so under the "Transfers" page (only one free transfer each gameweek though – if not taking -4 points for each additional transfer). To change who's in your starting eleven, you do so under "My Team".
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Spurs playing tonight hopefully Kane can match Sterling

With Heaton in goal in my team, I hope not!

After GW2 Sterling is a must I must be crazy not to have him in my side, I should have gone with three premium attackers they will make up for weaknesses elsewhere

Sp*rs up next for City though. Sterling's price might go up, but I doubt he'll get the same score next week.

Yeah thats why I said after GW2, City v Spurs will probably be tight game. Price going up is a worry though I am not taking a hit this early

Read a bit too quickly too notice that, sorry!

Definitely think you can get away with waiting until after next gameweek. You could save up two free transfers to get Sterling in – or make an additional (mini wildcard) transfer for -4 if needed.

I think that's what I will do save two free transfers, when do you think you will play your wild card?

I've tried to pick a squad where I'm only a -4 away from (almost) any player, so I'm likely to hold on to it as long as possible. From experience though, I'm likely to play it some time during the first 4-6 gameweeks.

I think a lot will depend on how the premium strikers perform in the first few games.

Just woke to see Kane got a brace and mildly amused as so many online doubled and trebled up on Bournemouth which I found baffling as Sheffield United are decent defensively. Other than Sterling I am OK with my team at the moment.

You can at anytime though you currently only have one free transfer, any transfers after that will cost four points.
    You also have chips here is a breakdown...
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/790143
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,060
    I hope Greenwood does not play as Tarkovski has 6 points on my bench, risky move by me with Greenwood

Ryan bagged me 9 points, nice!

After GW2 Sterling is a must I must be crazy not to have him in my side, I should have gone with three premium attackers they will make up for weaknesses elsewhere

Sp*rs up next for City though. Sterling's price might go up, but I doubt he'll get the same score next week.

Yeah thats why I said after GW2, City v Spurs will probably be tight game. Price going up is a worry though I am not taking a hit this early

Definitely think you can get away with waiting until after next gameweek. You could save up two free transfers to get Sterling in – or make an additional (mini wildcard) transfer for -4 if needed.

I think that's what I will do save two free transfers, when do you think you will play your wild card?

I've tried to pick a squad where I'm only a -4 away from (almost) any player, so I'm likely to hold on to it as long as possible. From experience though, I'm likely to play it some time during the first 4-6 gameweeks.

I think a lot will depend on how the premium strikers perform in the first few games.

Just woke to see Kane got a brace and mildly amused as so many online doubled and trebled up on Bournemouth which I found baffling as Sheffield United are decent defensively. Other than Sterling I am OK with my team at the moment.

Went with Wilson+Fraser myself. Wilson was a decent option given the opening fixtures (got an (FPL) assist today), while Fraser was an attacking option at a decent price bracket. Him getting a booking to deliver only 1 point was a bit disappointing. Also don't think Bournemouth played that well.

I'm tempted to make a transfer before next gameweek, but it's probably a better idea to bank a transfer instead. The FPL team selection doubt is back! :))
    I hope Greenwood does not play as Tarkovski has 6 points on my bench, risky move by me with Greenwood

That's unlucky. On the other hand it's a tough fixture. They might want to use Greenwood more in the easier fixtures…?

Went with Wilson+Fraser myself. Wilson was a decent option given the opening fixtures (got an (FPL) assist today), while Fraser was an attacking option at a decent price bracket. Him getting a booking to deliver only 1 point was a bit disappointing. Also don't think Bournemouth played that well.

I'm tempted to make a transfer before next gameweek, but it's probably a better idea to bank a transfer instead. The FPL team selection doubt is back! :))

I may get rid of King for Jota though Wolves have United next in GW2, though Jota does well against us

I may get rid of King for Jota though Wolves have United next, though Jota does well against us

I'd definitely wait and see how Jota plays tomorrow first. My worry re. him and Wolves is that they had a long trip back after the Europa League fixture Thursday.

I may get rid of King for Jota though Wolves have United next, though Jota does well against us

I'd definitely wait and see how Jota plays tomorrow first. My worry re. him and Wolves is that they had a long trip back after the Europa League fixture Thursday.

True though apparently they made light work of it in the EL match, and some key players were substituted early. I will definitely wait until after all GW1 games are played
    The Brighton result was surprising, Match of the Day is a must tonight for the Eye Test

True though apparently they made light work of it in the EL match, and some key players were substituted early. I will definitely wait until after all GW1 games are played

Yeah, Jota only played 60-something minutes, I think - which is why I have him in my gameweek 1 squad.
    The Brighton result was surprising, Match of the Day is a must tonight for the Eye Test

The game wasn't on TV here so I don't know how they played, but it was definitely a good result for Brighton. Graham Potter did wonders at Östersund (it's worth checking out what he managed in Sweden if you're unfamiliar with it), so it will be interesting to follow them going forward.

Yeah, Jota only played 60-something minutes, I think - which is why I have him in my gameweek 1 squad.

The game wasn't on TV here so I don't know how they played, but it was definitely a good result for Brighton. Graham Potter did wonders at Östersund (it's worth checking out what he managed in Sweden if you're unfamiliar with it), so it will be interesting to follow them going forward.

Great start for Brighton though Watford are easily one of the most unpredictable teams in the league, I don't often buy there players.

I noticed the bonus points are being processed quicker this year.

I am currently on 65 points with four players still to play, reasonably happy with that

Great start for Brighton though Watford are easily one of the most unpredictable teams in the league, I don't often buy there players.

I noticed the bonus points are being processed quicker this year.

I am currently on 65 points with four players still to play, reasonably happy with that

Good point re. Watford. They can be brilliant sometimes, and not so much other times.

The site was a bit slow last night (understandable given it was the deadline), but yes, they have probably done a few changes this season, making the processing of bonus points etc. quicker.

That's a good score so far! I'm on 77 at the moment, with Jota and Pérez to play. Tomorrow's games will have an impact on the overall ranks, I imagine. There are some highly owned players in those matches.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    edited August 2019 Posts: 221
    thank you guys.

changed my team and it is the best team in our league. next week will see my team climb to the top of back of the net. no seriously, it will, no seriously it will. i'm over the moon and you'll be sick as a parrot as i've become a baller manager blud. man is going get fed all up in your grill. word.
    thank you guys.

changed my team and it is the best team in our league. next week will see my team climb to the top of back of the net. no seriously, it will, no seriously it will. i'm over the moon and you'll be sick as a parrot as i've become a baller manager blud. man is going get fed all up in your grill. word.

That's the spirit!
    Greenwood on the Bench for United, Tammy Abraham starting up top for Chelsea would appear he is first choice striker...
    Leicester 0 - 0 Wolves not many FPL points to be had here from attackers
    Leicester 0 - 0 Wolves not many FPL points to be had here from attackers

Not the result many of us were hoping for in that game.
    Pogba assist get in, United not been great though strikers lethal
    Greenwood on there goes my Tarkovski points
    No United coverage in my team is certainly having an impact on the overall rank today…
    No United coverage in my team is certainly having an impact on the overall rank today…

I have three United players, clean sheet and two Pogba assists was welcome today. Shame Greenwood came on as I would have got 90 points this GW. Hopefully I'll get bonus from Maguire and Pogba

I have three United players, clean sheet and two Pogba assists was welcome today. Shame Greenwood came on as I would have got 90 points this GW. Hopefully I'll get bonus from Maguire and Pogba

A high-scoring gameweek it seems – especially for those with United defenders and/or attackers in their teams!

A high-scoring gameweek it seems – especially for those with United defenders and/or attackers in their teams!

I am in one League where many FPL managers were already in the 110+ points bracket yesterday some managers are on another level
    This GW is very high scoring so keeping in touch with the top is something

I am in one League where many FPL managers were already in the 110+ points bracket yesterday some managers are on another level

Did many of them play Triple Captain already?

Don't think the last two seasons had such high scores in gameweek 1. It will be a race to keep up with these point hauls!

Don't think the last two seasons had such high scores in gameweek 1. It will be a race to keep up with these point hauls!

Good point a bet a few Triple Captains on Sterling were played

Good point a bet a few Triple Captains on Sterling were played

It was a good gameweek to play the TC chip on either Salah or Sterling, and I bet plenty of the high scores involved chips in play. I'm likely to spend the chips later in the season, but as with the previous two seasons, I'm sure the scores will be minimal when I do play them, haha!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Ha, clearly I should have made Sterling my captain, as opposed to Kane. Should have taken a second look at my team selection last week, really. But it was a busy week.

All things considered, though, a decent start after so long away from this thing. :)
    St_George wrote: »
    Ha, clearly I should have made Sterling my captain, as opposed to Kane. Should have taken a second look at my team selection last week, really. But it was a busy week.

All things considered, though, a decent start after so long away from this thing. :)

How many points did you get?
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    St_George wrote: »

How many points did you get?

67 points.

Nine behind you (I assume that's you at the top of the league, at present?)... ;)