The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Utter garbage United need to let Ole go

Who is likely to replace him at this point though? Allegri?
    _________

Alot of major assets blanking this GW

I am not sure the United board will act, though Ole's coaching and tactics clearly are not good enough and there is zero sign of improvement. I will take a proper coach/manager as a replacement

Do you think they will wait for a top manager to become available? There were rumours about Poch, but would he jump from Sp*rs to United?

The International break come at a good time we have Liverpool away next, Liverpool will beat us and we will be floating around relegation. If a good coach is available I would get them in we are in deep trouble. Alternatively get someone in until summer to steady the ship. Ole is making consistent errors and it wont get better, great player though he seems a bit deluded as a coach

I think with that dressing room you need a manager with a clear philosophy – and who's very much a presence (think Allegri, Conte, etc.). Allegri is available now, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the list.
    The way things are I would be happy with Allegri

There have been talks about him learning English, so you never know!

I will be shocked if the United board are not considering a change, just realized we have Liverpool at home next not away, I am really dreading that match

Wasn't it last year that fixture ended in a 0-0 draw?

Back in Feb yeah a draw its the best we can hope for with Ole still in charge, if Ole does go they may wait until after that game as its not the best game for a incoming manager to start with

It would be an odd time to do a decision like that. He's probably safe for now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

_________

I am not sure the United board will act, though Ole's coaching and tactics clearly are not good enough and there is zero sign of improvement. I will take a proper coach/manager as a replacement

Do you think they will wait for a top manager to become available? There were rumours about Poch, but would he jump from Sp*rs to United?

The International break come at a good time we have Liverpool away next, Liverpool will beat us and we will be floating around relegation. If a good coach is available I would get them in we are in deep trouble. Alternatively get someone in until summer to steady the ship. Ole is making consistent errors and it wont get better, great player though he seems a bit deluded as a coach

I think with that dressing room you need a manager with a clear philosophy – and who's very much a presence (think Allegri, Conte, etc.). Allegri is available now, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the list.

I will be shocked if the United board are not considering a change, just realized we have Liverpool at home next not away, I am really dreading that match

Back in Feb yeah a draw its the best we can hope for with Ole still in charge, if Ole does go they may wait until after that game as its not the best game for a incoming manager to start with

Listing to FPL chat a lot of very low score's only a few that would be considered as average, some current high scoring managers with as low as 21 points some 13 (that might not be adjusted yet)

_________

Listing to FPL chat a lot of very low score's only a few that would be considered as average, some current high scoring managers with as low as 21 points some 13 (that might not be adjusted yet)

It certainly seems like a gameweek with a low average. I don't think a bad score this weekend will be as bad as one might have thought.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

_________

It certainly seems like a gameweek with a low average. I don't think a bad score this weekend will be as bad as one might have thought.

I agree I dont think this GW will make that much impact, the list you posted would have had the majority of highly owned players. I will wait until after the break to make moves, there is alot of kneejerk talk ditching Salah, Sterling etc crazy as they will deliver IMO
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,279

_________

I agree I dont think this GW will make that much impact, the list you posted would have had the majority of highly owned players. I will wait until after the break to make moves, there is alot of kneejerk talk ditching Salah, Sterling etc crazy as they will deliver IMO

I'm tinkering with the idea of dropping Salah actually, but I'm not sure yet. I've done an early -4 hit, but that's with the wildcard in mind. I need to find a team I'd want to wildcard for first. If I can't settle on a good team, that -4 will do.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,326

_________

I'm tinkering with the idea of dropping Salah actually, but I'm not sure yet. I've done an early -4 hit, but that's with the wildcard in mind. I need to find a team I'd want to wildcard for first. If I can't settle on a good team, that -4 will do.

Just got Mount in for a free transfer avoiding price rises etc (bye Mahrez), I have 3.2 in the bank so gives me flexibility across my midfield to get KDB in when needed. I am sticking with Pukki away to Bournemouth, if he scores once I will be happy they can leak goals, Cantwell from now on is benched until a easy home game

_________

Just got Mount in for a free transfer avoiding price rises etc (bye Mahrez), I have 3.2 in the bank so gives me flexibility across my midfield to get KDB in when needed. I am sticking with Pukki away to Bournemouth, if he scores once I will be happy they can leak goals, Cantwell from now on is benched until a easy home game

Seems like a good plan, and that 3.2 might come in very handy. I got Abraham in for Pukki myself; I could just as easily kept him one more gameweek, but Abraham is getting too good an option not to own.

_________

Seems like a good plan, and that 3.2 might come in very handy. I got Abraham in for Pukki myself; I could just as easily kept him one more gameweek, but Abraham is getting too good an option not to own.

Chelsea are just attack so there assets do look good.

I think if Liverpool score early they could get a few at Old Trafford I am not giving up on Salah yet, though Salah, Son or Sterling will make way for KDB
    I am tempted to take a hit to get C Wilson in

_________

Chelsea are just attack so there assets do look good.

I think if Liverpool score early they could get a few at Old Trafford I am not giving up on Salah yet, though Salah, Son or Sterling will make way for KDB

I can't help but looking at Mané, really. Cheaper than Salah, matches him points wise - and I also thinks he looks just as good, if not better on the pitch. They seem to be a bit on and off FPL points wise though, with one delivering when the other one doesn't.

I'm glad I kept KDB looking at the scores this weekend. He's likely to drop in price, but that shouldn't be a reason to drop him if he's likely to be fit after the internationals.
    I am tempted to take a hit to get C Wilson in

I have Wilson, and he has been a bit lucky getting returns lately. Bt he does have some nice fixtures, so he's definitely an option. King too.
    I am changing my mind, I may take a punt on Jiminez he is 7.1 M and the fixture at home to Southampton looks appealing to recoup any hit
    I am changing my mind, I may take a punt on Jiminez he is 7.1 M and the fixture at home to Southampton looks appealing to recoup any hit

If Wolves can continue like they did today, he'll be a option to consider for sure. And we know how well he did last season!

If Wolves can continue like they did today, he'll be a option to consider for sure. And we know how well he did last season!

Jimenez started at 7.5 M it's obvious the Europa has effected Wolves though they are a good side, his fixtures are not too bad. Looking at a three striker attack, Greenwood experiment is over he won't be played properly and is in a terrible side currently

Edited: Mexico play twice during the break, I will hold off on Jimenez

Jimenez started at 7.5 M it's obvious the Europa has effected Wolves though they are a good side, his fixtures are not too bad. Looking at a three striker attack, Greenwood experiment is over he won't be played properly and is in a terrible side currently

Wolves have been good in EL, but it has affected them in the PL, no doubt. If Nuno can rotate the team a bit more and get them going properly, then the likes of Jiménez and maybe even Jota (when fit) might be good options.

Greenwood doesn't look likely to get more than a few sub appearances unfortunately. If I hit the wildcard button, he is one of the players I'm likely to transfer out – maybe even switching to a 3-4-3 formation.

Wow that is random, it makes you wonder how many players and celebrities play the game

Wow that is random, it makes you wonder how many players and celebrities play the game

Probably more than we think! There are several Norwegian celebrities that plays the game, but few of them are well-known outside the country. Chess champion Magnus Carlsen is probably the most well-known one, and like with chess, he's always doing great with FPL. His current overall rank is 194!

Probably more than we think! There are several Norwegian celebrities that plays the game, but few of them are well-known outside the country. Chess champion Magnus Carlsen is probably the most well-known one, and like with chess, he's always doing great with FPL. His current overall rank is 194!

I am a novice and know FPL has been around for a while though even over the last year or so online there seems to be increased interest. Alot of new channels emerging on YouTube for example, I can see in a few seasons maybe 10 million. plus managers

I am a novice and know FPL has been around for a while though even over the last year or so online there seems to be increased interest. Alot of new channels emerging on YouTube for example, I can see in a few seasons maybe 10 million. plus managers

FPL is no doubt a growing interest. I can't remember how many teams that were registered for last season, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to 1 million managers more playing this season.

This makes the game more difficult too, of course!
    David de Gea: Injured keeper a doubt for Man Utd v Liverpool
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/50064128 :\

Though I can't imagine many FPL managers have him in there team

Pukki scored twice last night for Finland, going to give the Pukki Party a couple more games in FPL
    David de Gea: Injured keeper a doubt for Man Utd v Liverpool
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/50064128 :\

Though I can't imagine many FPL managers have him in there team

Pukki scored twice last night for Finland, going to give the Pukki Party a couple more games in FPL

Pukki will no doubt be a good option now that I replaced him with Abraham on my wildcard!

Really unfortunate for United defence owners if de Gea doesn't play. Sergio Romero is a good goalkeeper though.
    _________

I still have the Wolves GK as my #1 ...De Gea was the back up.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I still have the Wolves GK as my #1 ...De Gea was the back up.

That's an expensive goalkeeper double-up!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Made on change to the squad this round. Added Patricio from Wolves at the expense of Pickford.
    Aguero captain, and Abraham as vice captain.
    Need to do something to my defence over the coming weeks. But I'm happy with my line up.
    Benny wrote: »
    Made on change to the squad this round. Added Patricio from Wolves at the expense of Pickford.
    Aguero captain, and Abraham as vice captain.
    Need to do something to my defence over the coming weeks. But I'm happy with my line up.

Wolves are entering a run of better fixtures now, so that might be a smart move!
    Yep..i have a couple in my team,the GK and 1 defender.
    Yep..i have a couple in my team,the GK and 1 defender.

That looks like a nice double-up going forward!
    Hopefully.....ive got quite a good team now.
    Maddison is confirmed as fit by Brendan Rogers in his press conference,so im just waiting on 1 Norwich midfielder and De Bryne.
    Hopefully.....ive got quite a good team now.
    Maddison is confirmed as fit by Brendan Rogers in his press conference,so im just waiting on 1 Norwich midfielder and De Bryne.

I'm thinking whether I should get Maddison on wildcard or not. Leicester are in good form at the moment.
    In two minds whether to take a hit to get Jiminez in and finally abandon the Greenwood experiment