The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

The Virtual game is said to be based on a sophisticated algorithm of accrued data. Time will tell of course as if the obvious players score every week then it will be easy to predict lol

I have Martial so he is likely to get injured soon lol

13 points from Jiminez (3 Bonus) get in lol

Went Jota over Jiménez…The algorithm looks accurate!

Any look finding a adblocker? There will be some to download online though make sure it's from a legit source.

Haven't checked yet. I'll probably take my time finding a good (and reliable) one, just to be sure!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2020 Posts: 23,327
    Man United away to Norwich next... [-O< praying for points to the Virtual FPL God's
    Man United away to Norwich next... [-O< praying for points to the Virtual FPL God's

Looks like the game is postponed until tomorrow:
    "Small technical issue, so I will delay the fifth game till tomorrow, don't want to mess with the progress made so far.

See you all tomorrow!"
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

"Small technical issue, so I will delay the fifth game till tomorrow, don't want to mess with the progress made so far.

See you all tomorrow!"

LOL I was just checking, in my head I was thinking there must be virtual flood light issues
    16 points for me with 8 players to go

Just noticed all the Chips are now in play for GW2
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,279

See you all tomorrow!"

LOL I was just checking, in my head I was thinking there must be virtual flood light issues

That would have been too realistic!

I'm on 42 points, with 6 to go and Vardy (C) having played. Aubameyang's points helped a lot, but it would have been more if he wasn't my VC.

Yes, it looks like all the site features are in place. The guy running the site must have used quite some time making it!

See you all tomorrow!"

I'm on 42 points, with 6 to go and Vardy (C) having played. Aubameyang's points helped a lot, but it would have been more if he wasn't my VC.

Yes, it looks like all the site features are in place. The guy running the site must have used quite some time making it!

They said on Football Scout that he had been working on it for about a month.

I am on 22 points not 16 lol

See you all tomorrow!"

I'm not surprised! With all the people registering, getting the algorithms to work as they should; it must be time consuming.

See you all tomorrow!"

I'm not surprised! With all the people registering, getting the algorithms to work as they should; it must be time consuming.

It's a good alternative and I have already spent a few hours on it so it's a good distraction already, hopefully more will join up though already having a few thousand makes it competitive.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,279

See you all tomorrow!"

It's a good alternative and I have already spent a few hours on it so it's a good distraction already, hopefully more will join up though already having a few thousand makes it competitive.

I enjoyed those games more than I thought I would, haha! It's as close as we'll get to the real thing, and I imagine more people will join in. Over 2000 already isn't bad for the first gameweek.

See you all tomorrow!"

I enjoyed those games more than I thought I would, haha! It's as close as we'll get to the real thing, and I imagine more people will join in. Over 2000 already isn't bad for the first gameweek.

When I have more time I won't skip to the result and watch events unfold in slower mode.

Match of the Day are playing classic games, just showed highlights from Arsenal 2 - 4 Man United (2005) great game, I remember the pub I watched it in vividly, good comeback from Ronaldo inspired United.

See you all tomorrow!"

When I have more time I won't skip to the result and watch events unfold in slower mode.

Match of the Day are playing classic games, just showed highlights from Arsenal 2 - 4 Man United (2005) great game, I remember the pub I watched it in vividly, good comeback from Ronaldo inspired United.

The simulation goes quite fast actually, so you will get the results quite fast.

Fortunately, I never saw that game myself :))
    TV2 showed that game in full too, a couple of weeks back (along with several other matches. Still waiting for them to show a game where Arsenal won!
    2 goals and 1 assist from my Captain Fernandes and 3 bonus I will take that. I like this game lol

Martial also got an assist in 3 - 1 Norwich away win.
    2 goals and 1 assist from my Captain Fernandes and 3 bonus I will take that. I like this game lol

Forgot it had started! Couldn't afford Fernandes…

Just woke so no idea when United game was rescheduled for. Next games at 2000. I decided to put my budget more into midfield than strikers, though I suspect it will even out.

Just woke so no idea when United game was rescheduled for. Next games at 2000. I decided to put my budget more into midfield than strikers, though I suspect it will even out.

I might shuffle things around towards a "power midfield" eventually too. I need to see the first gameweek in full first though.

I might shuffle things around towards a "power midfield" eventually too. I need to see the first gameweek in full first though.

I thought that yesterday after a few GW's get more of a picture of how to move forward. I based my current team on reputation for the most part, not on fixtures. Once we see a league table the tactics will come into play. I am currently 80 in rank (6 players left) , as with FPL it will all be down to captain picks.
    Sheffield United 0 - 1 Liverpool Salah goal Mané assist. My Liverpool defence double up paid off again. 23 points from that game, 86 points in total 3 players left.

Dam Holgate did not feature and Everton got a clean sheet, hopefully Taylor will do something off the bench. (Scrap that Burnley played already, Taylor Nil points :)) )

I thought that yesterday after a few GW's get more of a picture of how to move forward. I based my current team on reputation for the most part, not on fixtures. Once we see a league table the tactics will come into play. I am currently 80 in rank (6 players left) , as with FPL it will all be down to captain picks.

80? Wow! I'm 886 as I type this (Sarr's points helping out a lot today).

Sheffield United 0 - 1 Liverpool Salah goal Mané assist. My Liverpool defence double up paid off again. 23 points from that game, 86 points in total 3 players left.

Dam Holgate did not feature and Everton got a clean sheet, hopefully Taylor will do something off the bench. (Scrap that Burnley played already, Taylor Nil points :)) )

I considered a Liverpool double-up, but didn't go for it in the end. It looks like every variation of a starting eleven I didn't go for, would have done better!

I considered a Liverpool double-up, but didn't go for it in the end. It looks like every variation of a starting eleven I didn't go for, would have done better!

I was ranked 30 though down to 57 after Holgate not featuring. Ings and KDB left, hopefully break the 100 points mark.

I had Mané for a while to free up money though swapped to Salah, I expect them two will get similar points over the 38 games.
    KDB with a haul and Ings points now I am ranked 16 :-O 104 point total for GW1

I was ranked 30 though down to 57 after Holgate not featuring. Ings and KDB left, hopefully break the 100 points mark.

I had Mané for a while to free up money though swapped to Salah, I expect them two will get similar points over the 38 games.

I think 100 points is very likely with two attacking players left! Only McCarthy left for me.

I did try a Salah/Mané double-up as well, but it took to much funds out of the rest of the team.

Wow! :-O

I think 100 points is very likely with two attacking players left! Only McCarthy left for me.

I did try a Salah/Mané double-up as well, but it took to much funds out of the rest of the team.

Not a bad start at all, the team is very similar to my real FPL side lol

Not a bad start at all, the team is very similar to my real FPL side lol

Mine is slightly different (thought it was just as well going for something else). I might need to address a few issues though; Pereira might become Gomez, for example. Can't get a decent midfield without dropping Aubameyang though, but I think he's worth keeping for now given the points he got.
    At 25 rank now the last game affected my rank.

Not going with a premium striker may hurt my team at some point, Ayew may prove to be a good differential short term.

Not going with a premium striker may hurt my team at some point, Ayew may prove to be a good differential short term.

Down to 1106 here. Not the best start, but there's so little to go by with only one gameweek played. Tempted to just stick with my current team and save a free transfer.

Down to 1106 here. Not the best start, but there's so little to go by with only one gameweek played. Tempted to just stick with my current team and save a free transfer.

That's my thinking going to bank my free transfer, I am thinking of getting rid of Holgate though I can bring in someone else for him of the bench short term.
    Interesting just looking at Rankings the Top 25, I am 25th, several managers ahead of me have already used triple captain and another had used bench boost.

That's my thinking going to bank my free transfer, I am thinking of getting rid of Holgate though I can bring in someone else for him of the bench short term.

Yes, I'm looking at just benching a couple of players too, instead of making a transfer. Some players, like Lundstram, I planned on benching in the first game anyway, and will only be an option starting this weekend.
    Interesting just looking at Rankings the Top 25, I am 25th, several managers ahead of me have already used triple captain and another had used bench boost.

That was early! They probably wanted to get off to a good start; we see that in the actual FPL game too. I never considered playing a chip that early, as I was (and am) curious how the simulations will play out.
    7 hours or so left until Virtual FPL deadline, I am still undecided who to pick as Captain. I will miss today's games due to work unfortunately so will have to check results later.