The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Just got Rashford back in as he is due back May 17th, if this season does at some point resume he could do well if he recapture his previous form.

I got Calvert-Lewin in last week. I'm still not sure what more changes I want to do with my team; I might do a couple of transfers, but it's not something I have to do.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2020 Posts: 23,327
    Just got Rashford back in as he is due back May 17th, if this season does at some point resume he could do well if he recapture his previous form.

I got Calvert-Lewin in last week. I'm still not sure what more changes I want to do with my team; I might do a couple of transfers, but it's not something I have to do.

I have Calvert-Lewin also...

For what it's worth lol my team...
    Henderson
    TAA, Gomez, Lundstram
    KDB, Salah, Martial, Fernandes
    Calvert-Lewin, Rashford, Jiminez

Bench...
    Ryan, Cantwell, Taylor, Kelly

Kelly will be upgraded after Friday's deadline with my next free transfer

Been playing Fifa 20 to get my football fix, I sold Pogba for 100 million, I would be shocked in current times if United managed to get that much for him now. The price of players will plummet.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,279

Henderson
    TAA, Gomez, Lundstram

Bench...

Mine is looking like this right now:

Henderson
    Alexander-Arnold - Doherty - Stephens
    Traoré - De Bruyne - Fernandes - Salah
    Jiménez - Calvert-Lewin - Aubameyang
    (McCarthy - Stevens - Fernández - Hayden)

I might look to replacing either Stephens or McCarthy for a Burnley defender/Pope, and Traoré for another midfielder. Fernández might be worth replacing too, but I don't think I'll transfer him out until we know how the rest of the season will be like.

Been playing Fifa 20 to get my football fix, I sold Pogba for 100 million, I would be shocked in current times if United managed to get that much for him now. The price of players will plummet.

I wish I had a PS4 right now, haha! I could brush the dust off the PS3 and give Fifa 14 a spin, though. :))

Allsvenskan Fantasy (the Swedish fantasy game) was released earlier today, so I will probably spend time working on my gameweek 1 squad to get my football fix. No games will be played until June though (if that soon), so there will be plenty of time to work on it! The same goes for Eliteserien Fantasy, of course (the Norwegian fantasy game).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Henderson
    TAA, Gomez, Lundstram

Bench...

Henderson

I might look to replacing either Stephens or McCarthy for a Burnley defender/Pope, and Traoré for another midfielder. Fernández might be worth replacing too, but I don't think I'll transfer him out until we know how the rest of the season will be like.

I wish I had a PS4 right now, haha! I could brush the dust off the PS3 and give Fifa 14 a spin, though. :))

Allsvenskan Fantasy (the Swedish fantasy game) was released earlier today, so I will probably spend time working on my gameweek 1 squad to get my football fix. No games will be played until June though (if that soon), so there will be plenty of time to work on it! The same goes for Eliteserien Fantasy, of course (the Norwegian fantasy game).

I also have Soccer Manager 19 on Steam on my PC, its a decent football manager game.

Xbox have knocked 60% of alot of games so finally bought Fifa 20, despite poor reviews I think it's good. Previously I was still playing Fifa 18 on my tenth season lol

Soon as FPL starts I want my team ready, a United triple up maybe risky though there remaining fixtures are good.

Henderson
    TAA, Gomez, Lundstram

Bench...

Henderson

I also have Soccer Manager 19 on Steam on my PC, its a decent football manager game.

Xbox have knocked 60% of alot of games so finally bought Fifa 20, despite poor reviews I think it's good. Previously I was still playing Fifa 18 on my tenth season lol

Soon as FPL starts I want my team ready, a United triple up maybe risky though there remaining fixtures are good.

I haven't played any Fifa games since the 2014 one myself, so I imagine it will be a great upgrade if I end up getting a console again, and Fifa 20! I have never played Football Manager though, so I might have to give that one a try at some point.

I might be looking at getting Rashford for a United double-up eventually, but it's not possible with my current team structure.

They mention Virtual FPL created by the person who has the site Live FPL, its the same as FPL the only difference is virtual matches. I am signing up. · The Virtual FPL Gameweek 1 deadline is on Saturday 11 April at 19:00 BST
    https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2020/04/10/sign-up-now-as-new-fantasy-management-game-virtual-fpl-launches-this-weekend/
    There is a link on the above page.

My provisional team for Virtual FPL GW1...

Player Team Cost
    Henderson Sheffield Utd 5.2
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Lundstram Sheffield Utd 4.8
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Calvert-Lewin Everton 6.4
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:
    My team is all ready, I totally scrapped the players above as I was a player short :))

The Virtual League should be fun for anyone interested, if anything it's a welcome distraction. Lundstram on this game is actually listed as a midfielder, though with his points haul a very good cheap asset to have.

They mention Virtual FPL created by the person who has the site Live FPL, its the same as FPL the only difference is virtual matches. I am signing up. · The Virtual FPL Gameweek 1 deadline is on Saturday 11 April at 19:00 BST
    https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2020/04/10/sign-up-now-as-new-fantasy-management-game-virtual-fpl-launches-this-weekend/

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:
    My team is all ready, I totally scrapped the players above as I was a player short :))

The Virtual League should be fun for anyone interested, if anything it's a welcome distraction. Lundstram on this game is actually listed as a midfielder, though with his points haul a very good cheap asset to have.

Just signed up myself. Mistakenly put in my team name in the manager name field, but it doesn't look like it's possible to correct this…

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Just signed up myself. Mistakenly put in my team name in the manager name field, but it doesn't look like it's possible to correct this…

I did the same lol so my team and manager name is the same. Used same name as I did for the FPL league.

Keep an eye on GW's as there will be four in a week at some point.

I did a few friendlys to see how the predictor works. I think as the GW's progress there will be tweaks to the game.
    Edited:
    Still tweaking my team, undecided on my keeper and third striker.

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

I did the same lol so my team and manager name is the same. Used same name as I did for the FPL league.

I did a few friendlys to see how the predictor works. I think as the GW's progress there will be tweaks to the game.
    Edited:

I got in touch with the guy behind the site an hour ago, and he sorted it out for me. It wasn't a big deal, but it's nice that he had time to sort it out for me!

I haven't run any friendlies so far, and I'm likely to just play the team I have now.

There's an issue with the site. Here's what the guy who runs the site writes on fantasyfootballscout.co.uk:
    Something is wrong, I have to take the website down to check what's going on. Apologies.

Hopefully just a minor issue!

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

I got in touch with the guy behind the site an hour ago, and he sorted it out for me. It wasn't a big deal, but it's nice that he had time to sort it out for me!

I haven't run any friendlies so far, and I'm likely to just play the team I have now.

There's an issue with the site. Here's what the guy who runs the site writes on fantasyfootballscout.co.uk:
    Something is wrong, I have to take the website down to check what's going on. Apologies.

Thanks for update, it's no problem at all as it's not dictated by real time events. I recall reading the first week was about making sure the site works properly.

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

Thanks for update, it's no problem at all as it's not dictated by real time events. I recall reading the first week was about making sure the site works properly.

Yes, we have to expect a few issues, I think. It's up and running again now, though!

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

Yes, we have to expect a few issues, I think. It's up and running again now, though!

Great stuff, though I think I need to put it through a browser with adblocker lol

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

Great stuff, though I think I need to put it through a browser with adblocker lol

Haha, that might be a good idea, if possible!

Very difficult fielding a decent team, but I think I've settled on this one:

McCarthy
    Alexander-Arnold - Pereira - Lacselles
    Saka - Mané - Martial - Sarr
    Aubameyang - Vardy - Jota
    (Pope - Taylor - Egan - Lundstram)

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

McCarthy

Just watching Live points lol

Ryan
    TAA, Holgate, Gomez
    Salah, Fernandes (C), KDB, Martial
    Ayew, Jiminez, Ings

Button, Taylor, Dunk, Lundstram

Adblocker got rid of every add

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

McCarthy

Ryan
    TAA, Holgate, Gomez
    Ayew, Jiminez, Ings

There's a live points update too?

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

McCarthy

Ryan
    TAA, Holgate, Gomez
    Ayew, Jiminez, Ings

Yeah there is a sub menu at top of page

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

McCarthy

Ryan
    TAA, Holgate, Gomez
    Ayew, Jiminez, Ings

Hadn't noticed that! Doesn't seem to have updated yet though.

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

McCarthy

Ryan
    TAA, Holgate, Gomez
    Ayew, Jiminez, Ings

Yeah the adds were covering up stuff on the page, on my phone adblocker browser app from Google Play Store solved the issue

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

McCarthy

Ryan
    TAA, Holgate, Gomez
    Ayew, Jiminez, Ings

Yeah the adds were covering up stuff on the page, on my phone adblocker browser app from Google Play Store solved the issue

Is that adblocker available for desktop too? I've been meaning to try an adblocker, but haven't had too much use for it – yet.
    Looks like you can see the result of the first match now - either by running simulation, or jumping to full-time.

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

McCarthy

Ryan
    TAA, Holgate, Gomez
    Ayew, Jiminez, Ings

Is that adblocker available for desktop too? I've been meaning to try an adblocker, but haven't had too much use for it – yet.

Just go to your store there should be one, I am Microsoft, you got Apple? There should be an equivalent, I will only use the adblocker for Virtual FPL.
    Looks like you can see the result of the first match now - either by running simulation, or jumping to full-time.

Awesome Ayew got a goal and an assist, no bonus though. But a decent start from the first game
    Next game is in one minute, every 15 minutes a new game starts.

2004 people playing which is great, I am currently ranked 157 lol

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

McCarthy

Ryan
    TAA, Holgate, Gomez
    Ayew, Jiminez, Ings

Just go to your store there should be one, I am Microsoft, you got Apple? There should be an equivalent, I will only use the adblocker for Virtual FPL.

Yes, I use Apple products, but I imagine there should be an alternative.

Awesome Ayew got a goal and an assist, no bonus though. But a decent start from the first game

That's a great rank! I considered both Ayew and van Aanholt, but neither made my final team…
    Points! Glad I picked Aubameyang. That Arsenal-Burnley game looked really close to what an actual game between the two could have played out.

Player Team Cost
    Robertson Liverpool 7.0
    Wan-Bissaka Man Utd 5.3
    Boly Wolves 4.8
    Taylor Burnley 4.3
    Söyüncü Leicester 5.0
    Mané Liverpool 12.4
    Fernandes Man Utd 8.5
    Martial Man Utd 8.0
    De Bruyne Man City 10.6
    Jiménez Wolves 8.1
    Vardy Leicester 9.6

Edited:

Edited:

McCarthy

Ryan
    TAA, Holgate, Gomez
    Ayew, Jiminez, Ings

Yes, I use Apple products, but I imagine there should be an alternative.

That's a great rank! I considered both Ayew and van Aanholt, but neither made my final team…

Just dropped a few hundred as Aubameyang hit a brace in a 3 - 1 home win v Burnley lol
    Just dropped a few hundred as Aubameyang hit a brace in a 3 - 1 home win v Burnley lol

He's just as important in virtual games as actual ones!
    The Virtual game is said to be based on a sophisticated algorithm of accrued data. Time will tell of course as if the obvious players score every week then it will be easy to predict lol

I have Martial so he is likely to get injured soon lol

13 points from Jiminez (3 Bonus) get in lol
    The Virtual game is said to be based on a sophisticated algorithm of accrued data. Time will tell of course as if the obvious players score every week then it will be easy to predict lol

Went Jota over Jiménez…The algorithm looks accurate!

Went Jota over Jiménez…The algorithm looks accurate!

Any look finding a adblocker? There will be some to download online though make sure it's from a legit source.