The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Thinking towards gameweek 31, I could save a transfer this GW (depending on usual stuff like injuries etc), then do a mini wildcard in gameweek 31, fielding a team of:

(no GK)
    TAA -Doherty - (X) - (X)
    Salah - Traoré (inury depending)
    Jiménez - (X)

(Not playing: Henderson, McCarthy, Aubameyang, Hayden, Fernandes, Stevens, De Bruyne)

This is all depending on Traoré; Fielding eight players could be enough, fielding seven (if I have to transfer Traoré out), might be one too few – and a -8 is a bit much for a gameweek involving so few teams. Also, the key here will be to bring in players I want beyond that gameweek, not just for that gameweek only (or short term).

As things stand my GW31 team is...

X
    TAA, Gomez, Kelly, X
    Salah, X, X, X
    X, Jiminez, X

Five that feature though Kelly I am not confident will be involved for Palace. Also it occurred to be the potential danger of players being rested. The free hit will be usefull late on... so with me having 3 free transfers before GW31 hmm. Going to have to make my mind up after the Leicester game tonight.

Another problem is I bet some will take hits to get the semblance of a good side, though generally I am happy with my usual side so would not transfer many out and would lose value anyway.

Three transfers would see you fielding eight players (depending on Kelly), which might be enough. Many might make -8 or -12 even, and not taking too many hits (or any) in preparation for the blank gameweek might be an advantage in itself. I would not bring in players you wouldn't want to own beyond GW 31.

If I don't use the Free hit, I will need to look for players with a nice run of fixtures after gameweek 31.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Thinking towards gameweek 31, I could save a transfer this GW (depending on usual stuff like injuries etc), then do a mini wildcard in gameweek 31, fielding a team of:

(no GK)
    TAA -Doherty - (X) - (X)
    Jiménez - (X)

(Not playing: Henderson, McCarthy, Aubameyang, Hayden, Fernandes, Stevens, De Bruyne)

This is all depending on Traoré; Fielding eight players could be enough, fielding seven (if I have to transfer Traoré out), might be one too few – and a -8 is a bit much for a gameweek involving so few teams. Also, the key here will be to bring in players I want beyond that gameweek, not just for that gameweek only (or short term).

X
    TAA, Gomez, Kelly, X
    Salah, X, X, X
    X, Jiminez, X

Five that feature though Kelly I am not confident will be involved for Palace. Also it occurred to be the potential danger of players being rested. The free hit will be usefull late on... so with me having 3 free transfers before GW31 hmm. Going to have to make my mind up after the Leicester game tonight.

Another problem is I bet some will take hits to get the semblance of a good side, though generally I am happy with my usual side so would not transfer many out and would lose value anyway.

Three transfers would see you fielding eight players (depending on Kelly), which might be enough. Many might make -8 or -12 even, and not taking too many hits (or any) in preparation for the blank gameweek might be an advantage in itself. I would not bring in players you wouldn't want to own beyond GW 31.

If I don't use the Free hit, I will need to look for players with a nice run of fixtures after gameweek 31.

Jota, Boly/Doherty I am happy to have in my team for four weeks or so, that makes the transfers much easier to make. I am really just hanging on as I am in two minds whether to keep Vardy one more week, I will see how he does tonight.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Vardy on the bench for Leicester not happy, he better come on and score lol
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 17,280

(no GK)
    TAA -Doherty - (X) - (X)
    Jiménez - (X)

X
    TAA, Gomez, Kelly, X
    Salah, X, X, X
    X, Jiminez, X

Jota, Boly/Doherty I am happy to have in my team for four weeks or so, that makes the transfers much easier to make. I am really just hanging on as I am in two minds whether to keep Vardy one more week, I will see how he does tonight.
    Vardy on the bench for Leicester not happy, he better come on and score lol

There was a pre-match quote by Rodgers saying he will be involved, so he will likely feature in second half!
    edited March 2020 Posts: 23,336
    Vardy scores immediately after coming on, get in. I was just looking at transfer possibilitys with my team.

Vardy gets a second get in, and currently on 3 Bonus
    Vardy scores immediately after coming on, get in. I was just looking at transfer possibilitys with my team.

I'm on 30k + rank drop from this game alone. Soon out of the top 100k…

Really, I was hoping Villa would score that would likely elevate me further. Barnes scored and on 3 Bonus now. Come on Vardy get a Hatrick

Really, I was hoping Villa would score that would likely elevate me further. Barnes scored and on 3 Bonus now. Come on Vardy get a Hatrick

Really should have got Barnes when I had the chance a while back. Oh well…

Was just listening to a pod cast, some FPL managers regretting not ignoring this GW. I may hang onto Vardy for one more week, and use one of my free transfers for a Burnley defender.

On 70 points, not sure if I want KDB to start midweek as a few would have double captained him. Saying that I don't want - 1 Holgate off the bench.

Was just listening to a pod cast, some FPL managers regretting not ignoring this GW. I may hang onto Vardy for one more week, and use one of my free transfers for a Burnley defender.

On 70 points, not sure if I want KDB to start midweek as a few would have double captained him. Saying that I don't want - 1 Holgate off the bench.

I'm sure there are plenty who regret the moves they made for this GW; some of them were quite risky. I had no Leicester cover anyway, so there was no way I would target this game with 31 in the horizon. I fear that 31 will be just the same as this gameweek, with less games rather than more, so I'm not sure how to approach it yet. Free hit would have been the easy way, but I have doubts about playing it now.

You want a De Bruyne cameo appearance, I think! Think I saw a quote saying he was likely to play Wednesday (bad luck for Arsenal…), but we'll see.

I'm sure there are plenty who regret the moves they made for this GW; some of them were quite risky. I had no Leicester cover anyway, so there was no way I would target this game with 31 in the horizon. I fear that 31 will be just the same as this gameweek, with less games rather than more, so I'm not sure how to approach it yet. Free hit would have been the easy way, but I have doubts about playing it now.

You want a De Bruyne cameo appearance, I think! Think I saw a quote saying he was likely to play Wednesday (bad luck for Arsenal…), but we'll see.

Yeah taking hits for GW31 is risky, one goal or assist from KDB would not hurt too much if he plays. Maybe Arteta will nullyfy City to an extent.

Not sure if anyone in our league has any Spurs assets, though there woes continue Bergwijn is possibly out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury.

Yeah taking hits for GW31 is risky, one goal or assist from KDB would not hurt too much if he plays. Maybe Arteta will nullyfy City to an extent.

Not sure if anyone in our league has any Spurs assets, though there woes continue Bergwijn is possibly out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury.

To nullify City will be Arteta and Arsenal's only hope!

Interesting. They're out of the CL as well; we'll see if they'll bounce back trying to finish inside top 5.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Arsenal vs Manchester City has been postponed due to the coronavirus situation.
    Arsenal vs Manchester City has been postponed due to the coronavirus situation.

Just read the article, I think its out of order regarding Wolves still having to travel to Greece UEFA refusing to postpone the game.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11954997/manchester-city-v-arsenal-postponed-over-coronavirus-fears
    Looks like Arsenal's fixture against Brighton Saturday will go ahead as planned.
    With the City-Arsenal game postponed we didn't get the double gameweek we were expecting, and the gameweek is now finished. Still, even with fewer games than scheduled, we still saw great scores in our league – and the team that came out of this gameweek with the best score, was Overload. Congratulations! =D>

rGU7CwO.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload
    GW 19: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 20: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 21: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 22: Team Extreme
    GW 23: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 24: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 25: Anfield FC / Team Extreme
    GW 26: Manchester United
    GW 27: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 28: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 29: Overload
    League table standings:
    1. Team Extreme: GW 69 - TOT 1710
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 47 - TOT 1656
    3. 11FishFingers: GW 39 - TOT 1624
    4. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 59 - TOT 1619
    5. Anfield FC: GW 62 - TOT 1591
    6. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 55 - TOT 1528
    7. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 42 - TOT 1515
    8. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 52 - TOT 1514
    9. AFC Fritzson: GW 65 - TOT 1514
    10. bliblikadek: GW 55 - TOT 1504
    11. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 66 - TOT 1483
    12. Overload: GW 75 - TOT 1468
    13. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 38 - TOT 1442
    14. MEJICO POWA: GW 61 - TOT 1421
    15. GoldyTheRef: GW 51 - TOT 1389
    16. Flitwick Flyers: GW 59 - TOT 1389
    17. Benny’s Blues: GW 50 - TOT 1363
    18. George’s RetroRockets: GW 49 - TOT 1360
    19. Manchester United: GW 50 - TOT 1117

Given the current situation with the virus, we won't know how the next gameweek will be like (or the games beyond that), so I suggest holding your transfers until close to the deadline. There might be late news regarding the games.
    Congratulations Overload
    ---
    I made a transfer two days ago to prepare for GW31, it will be interesting to see if the season gets delayed or canceled outright. I will be shocked if Euro 2020 goes ahead, maybe the prem season could finish in summer? assuming things improve.
    Congratulations Overload
    ---
    I made a transfer two days ago to prepare for GW31, it will be interesting to see if the season gets delayed or canceled outright. I will be shocked if Euro 2020 goes ahead, maybe the prem season could finish in summer? assuming things improve.

I saw a tweet (which I can't find now), which commented on the possibility that the postponed Euros will make room for the PL fixtures to be held during the summer, if things look better then. It was speculation of course, and there are a lot of factors at play – for example: what about players on contracts that ends in June? Will they leave, or will they stay to finish the season?
    Lets hope things get back to normal eventually, and that we can look forward to the remaining gameweeks!
    Lets hope things get back to normal eventually, and that we can look forward to the remaining gameweeks!

I was listening to a media broadcaster from Norway called Andre Einherjar, he said the response in your country has been slow.

Hopefully in a month or sooner things will get better, how things pan out in China and then Italy will be good indicators.

I was listening to a media broadcaster from Norway called Andre Einherjar, he said the response in your country has been slow.

Hopefully in a month or sooner things will get better, how things pan out in China and then Italy will be good indicators.

Never heard about him before, but yes, the response could definitely have been quicker. At least now that's changed, with the measures taken by the government. All sports events, all the way down to lower leagues, and matches for kids etc. have been stopped. Eliteserien, which was due to start early April, has been pushed back a month - for now.

Hopefully it will. But I hope they won't rush getting back to playing games.

Never heard about him before, but yes, the response could definitely have been quicker. At least now that's changed, with the measures taken by the government. All sports events, all the way down to lower leagues, and matches for kids etc. have been stopped. Eliteserien, which was due to start early April, has been pushed back a month - for now.

People do need to realize all these measures are to help, its easy to say keep calm though its the only way to deal with this. Spain are about to declare state of emergency and all schools closed also.

People do need to realize all these measures are to help, its easy to say keep calm though its the only way to deal with this. Spain are about to declare state of emergency and all schools closed also.

Yes, it's very important that people see the needs of these measures. It will lead to many economical consequences naturally, but in the bigger picture, it's necessary that the appropriate measures are taken.

Yes, it's very important that people see the needs of these measures. It will lead to many economical consequences naturally, but in the bigger picture, it's necessary that the appropriate measures are taken.

Looking out my window shops, pubs closed hardly anyone on the street. Looking at things objectively for a second its very surreal.

Looking out my window shops, pubs closed hardly anyone on the street. Looking at things objectively for a second its very surreal.

No doubt! Surreal times, this…
    ______

An update from FPL:

Thread:

Further info regarding hits and chips

Whenever (or if) we get to the final gameweeks of the season, this will make things interesting from an FPL point of view. Could make for some huge captaincy scores if we get a triple gameweek or something like that!

Whenever (or if) we get to the final gameweeks of the season, this will make things interesting from an FPL point of view. Could make for some huge captaincy scores if we get a triple gameweek or something like that!

Indeed there could be some large points hauls, I am glad I still have three chips left.

Indeed there could be some large points hauls, I am glad I still have three chips left.

I'm not feeling optimistic having played the triple captain already!