The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Burnley 1-0 Spurs.
    Burnley 1-0 Spurs.

Come on, Burnley!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2020 Posts: 23,263
    Cracking goal by Mount, Pedro assist
    Edited: Chelsea 2 up now Pedro goal, Barley assist. Everton really have been poor

I wonder how high the ownership of Everton defenders are. 2-0 down now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I benched Holgate thankfully, likely to sell him tonight or next week
    Oh dear Everton should have scored

Liverpool next, then a blank – could work out fine transferring out Holgate now. I've been trying to get Calvert-Lewin into my team for a long time, but other moves had to be prioritised. Now I'll just have to wait.

Liverpool next, then a blank – could work out fine transferring out Holgate now. I've been trying to get Calvert-Lewin into my team for a long time, but other moves had to be prioritised. Now I'll just have to wait.

If Everton play like this in the Derby Liverpool will destroy them, they showed way more fight last week against United, though we did gift them a goal

If Everton play like this in the Derby Liverpool will destroy them, they showed way more fight last week against United, though we did gift them a goal
    This result certainly makes Liverpool assets more interesting as captaincy options. On the other hand it's a derby, and anything can happen.

This result certainly makes Liverpool assets more interesting as captaincy options. On the other hand it's a derby, and anything can happen.

True last few games have been tight for periods, plus it's at Goodison
    KDB not in starting 11, not on bench either.

Oe thing is certain, next gameweek will be difficult as far as captaincy goes!

Not on the bench either…

Not on the bench either…

No I had a feeling he would not make it, that's why I Captained Salah

I hope KDB returns v Arsenal otherwise I have - 1 Holgate coming off the bench lol

Not on the bench either…

No I had a feeling he would not make it, that's why I Captained Salah

I hope KDB returns v Arsenal otherwise I have - 1 Holgate coming off the bench lol

And that's why I captained Aubameyang, which hasn't worked out (so far, at least)…

I'm pretty sure he won't be out for two games, unless the injury is worse than first reported.
    Genius and points for me... Martial goal Fernandes assist

Happy with the Fernandes assist, but Martial scoring isn't good for my overall rank…

Happy with the Fernandes assist, but Martial scoring isn't good for my overall rank…

Upto 13K, the double up has paid off for me in recent weeks and glad I stuck with Martial all this time.

Upto 13K, the double up has paid off for me in recent weeks and glad I stuck with Martial all this time.

Down to 68k at the moment myself. I can't seem to get a decent score these days, and I guess I'll have to be happy if I finish inside 100k at this point.

Down to 68k at the moment myself. I can't seem to get a decent score these days, and I guess I'll have to be happy if I finish inside 100k at this point.

Things can change quick in FPL, I had a few terrible weeks not so long ago and stuck by certain players. I am glad I ignored this double GW, though City or Arsenal assets could still punish me. Hoping my faith in sticking with Vardy one more week pays off tomorrow before I sell him.

Things can change quick in FPL, I had a few terrible weeks not so long ago and stuck by certain players. I am glad I ignored this double GW, though City or Arsenal assets could still punish me. Hoping my faith in sticking with Vardy one more week pays off tomorrow before I sell him.

I wasn't in a position to ignore the double gameweek, as in another league, my rivals have (predictably) jumped on the double GW train; it's as much about blocking points as it is about gaining them, haha!

If I had a slightly better rank, I might have avoided the hit I took – but then the captaincy would have been on De Bruyne. He can deliver of course (I fully expect he will against Arsenal), but he's missed a game, so a bit of the point about captaining him in the first place isn't there anymore.

I wasn't in a position to ignore the double gameweek, as in another league, my rivals have (predictably) jumped on the double GW train; it's as much about blocking points as it is about gaining them, haha!

If I had a slightly better rank, I might have avoided the hit I took – but then the captaincy would have been on De Bruyne. He can deliver of course (I fully expect he will against Arsenal), but he's missed a game, so a bit of the point about captaining him in the first place isn't there anymore.

That makes sense I have been protecting my position with my tactics alot, I will strike at some point with my three remaining chips, so close to top 10K now.

Whoa 2 - 0 at the death come on UNITED UNITED UNITED!!!
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 17,269

That makes sense I have been protecting my position with my tactics alot, I will strike at some point with my three remaining chips, so close to top 10K now.

Some of my rivals have played a few of their chips, so that might be the way for me to climb the mini league ranking as well.

What a horrible game by Ederson. :-O

Some of my rivals have played a few of their chips, so that might be the way for me to climb the mini league ranking as well.

The last 20 minutes were not pretty though United really can fight and defend again, Pep looked shocked. Keepers recently been sloppy.

I need to play my triple captain soon as time is running out, worried that Liverpool will have won the league by the time I can play it.

The last 20 minutes were not pretty though United really can fight and defend again, Pep looked shocked. Keepers recently been sloppy.

I need to play my triple captain soon as time is running out, worried that Liverpool will have won the league by the time I can play it.

The bad thing about this result from an Arsenal point of view, is that City will go mental on Wednesday. 5-0 is my prediction.

There are double gameweeks to come, so unless you plat Bench Boost of Free Hit then, maybe TC will be an option instead?

The bad thing about this result from an Arsenal point of view, is that City will go mental on Wednesday. 5-0 is my prediction.

There are double gameweeks to come, so unless you plat Bench Boost of Free Hit then, maybe TC will be an option instead?

I think I will use bench boost either GW37 or 38, at that stage I will load my team with regularly starting players and throw a few punts in there to try to get a good rank.

What was your final rank last season?

I think I will use bench boost either GW37 or 38, at that stage I will load my team with regularly starting players and throw a few punts in there to try to get a good rank.

That seems a sensible way of planning the remaining gameweeks. Difficult to predict which punts that will deliver points or not though. Might be that a few relegation teams can start putting in performances in the need for points; those teams might be worth targeting.

It's a bit up in the air for me now. I only have five players for gameweek 31 (Traoré included), and I'm not convinced throwing around the team for one gameweek using hits is worth it – so Free Hit might be my only solution, leaving me with planning for gameweeks further ahead. Difficult…

I finished at 37k last year (dropping from 20-something-k in the gameweek before). I'd be surprised if I manage something like that again this season.

That seems a sensible way of planning the remaining gameweeks. Difficult to predict which punts that will deliver points or not though. Might be that a few relegation teams can start putting in performances in the need for points; those teams might be worth targeting.

It's a bit up in the air for me now. I only have five players for gameweek 31 (Traoré included), and I'm not convinced throwing around the team for one gameweek using hits is worth it – so Free Hit might be my only solution, leaving me with planning for gameweeks further ahead. Difficult…

I finished at 37k last year (dropping from 20-something-k in the gameweek before). I'd be surprised if I manage something like that again this season.

That's a great rank, last few games fringe players likely to get game time which I will be mindful of.

Still not looked beyond the next few GW, a free hit in GW31 if you get a defence right could be good.

That's a great rank, last few games fringe players likely to get game time which I will be mindful of.

Still not looked beyond the next few GW, a free hit in GW31 if you get a defence right could be good.

Yes, fringe players getting a run of games is a worry (also something to target, possibly).

For me, using the FH in 31 isn't so much about that gameweek specifically (it's likely a low-scoring one), but rather that I can target players that don't play in 31, which others might not be tempted to bring in. But I have no idea who to bring in.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 17,269
    Thinking towards gameweek 31, I could save a transfer this GW (depending on usual stuff like injuries etc), then do a mini wildcard in gameweek 31, fielding a team of:

(no GK)
    TAA -Doherty - (X) - (X)
    Salah - Traoré (inury depending)
    Jiménez - (X)

(Not playing: Henderson, McCarthy, Aubameyang, Hayden, Fernandes, Stevens, De Bruyne)

This is all depending on Traoré; Fielding eight players could be enough, fielding seven (if I have to transfer Traoré out), might be one too few – and a -8 is a bit much for a gameweek involving so few teams. Also, the key here will be to bring in players I want beyond that gameweek, not just for that gameweek only (or short term).
    Thinking towards gameweek 31, I could save a transfer this GW (depending on usual stuff like injuries etc), then do a mini wildcard in gameweek 31, fielding a team of:

(no GK)
    TAA -Doherty - (X) - (X)
    Salah - Traoré (inury depending)
    Jiménez - (X)

(Not playing: Henderson, McCarthy, Aubameyang, Hayden, Fernandes, Stevens, De Bruyne)

This is all depending on Traoré; Fielding eight players could be enough, fielding seven (if I have to transfer Traoré out), might be one too few – and a -8 is a bit much for a gameweek involving so few teams. Also, the key here will be to bring in players I want beyond that gameweek, not just for that gameweek only (or short term).

As things stand my GW31 team is...

X
    TAA, Gomez, Kelly, X
    Salah, X, X, X
    X, Jiminez, X

Five that feature though Kelly I am not confident will be involved for Palace. Also it occurred to be the potential danger of players being rested. The free hit will be usefull late on... so with me having 3 free transfers before GW31 hmm. Going to have to make my mind up after the Leicester game tonight.

Another problem is I bet some will take hits to get the semblance of a good side, though generally I am happy with my usual side so would not transfer many out and would lose value anyway.