The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Jimenez gives Wolves the lead. 3-2 now.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 17,279
    Jimenez gives Wolves the lead. 3-2 now.

Great result for Wolves!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2020 Posts: 23,327
    Well after yesterday my red arrow was not that bad in the end, horrible GW for most

I am thinking Wolves treble up, if Vardy is still out I will do it for sure
    Well after yesterday my red arrow was not that bad in the end, horrible GW for most

That looks like a viable option, IMO. I'm stressing over Firmino likely dropping in price tonight, which forces me to make an early -4 hit…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

That looks like a viable option, IMO. I'm stressing over Firmino likely dropping in price tonight, which forces me to make an early -4 hit…

I think I am getting Jota, Doherty in for a hit, there fixtures warrant it

If I could get a Wolves triple-up easily, I would. I'm likely stuck with an injured Traoré for this gameweek, so I can't make the same moves.

If I could get a Wolves triple-up easily, I would. I'm likely stuck with an injured Traoré for this gameweek, so I can't make the same moves.

My defense is in trouble so a Kelly to Doherty switch with Vardy money is possible I forgot to check yesterday's line up of Wolves did they continue with 352?

My defense is in trouble so a Kelly to Doherty switch with Vardy money is possible I forgot to check yesterday's line up of Wolves did they continue with 352?

Didn't watch the game, but they started the game with both Jota and Traoré. I saw the formation when the lineup was announced, but can't remember how it looked like. Maybe it's on Wolves' Twitter account?

Didn't watch the game, but they started the game with both Jota and Traoré. I saw the formation when the lineup was announced, but can't remember how it looked like. Maybe it's on Wolves' Twitter account?

Cheers I will have a look, I know as a wing back Doherty has been playing further up the field. Still not made any transfers yet, reluctant to sell Vardy before that Villa home game, I kind of hope he is injured still, on FPL he is listed as Calf injury last I checked nothing about teeth lol

Only just realized there are F.A. Cup games during the week, I will hold off longer on making a move.

Cheers I will have a look, I know as a wing back Doherty has been playing further up the field. Still not made any transfers yet, reluctant to sell Vardy before that Villa home game, I kind of hope he is injured still, on FPL he is listed as Calf injury last I checked nothing about teeth lol

Only just realized there are F.A. Cup games during the week, I will hold off longer on making a move.

Yes! Arsenal played (and won) in the F.A Cup tonight, which means they will blank in gameweek 31 – as will Southampton. If that game hadn't been moved, I would probably have saved it, but as things stands, I will most likely have to play free hit in gameweek 31.

Yes! Arsenal played (and won) in the F.A Cup tonight, which means they will blank in gameweek 31 – as will Southampton. If that game hadn't been moved, I would probably have saved it, but as things stands, I will most likely have to play free hit in gameweek 31.

Interesting as Southampton are blanking I may go Ings to Jota and keep Vardy, though then that blocks my Doherty move. I need to be careful as I have a few players still in the F.A. Cup. I will definitely wait until Friday to make any moves.

Interesting as Southampton are blanking I may go Ings to Jota and keep Vardy, though then that blocks my Doherty move. I need to be careful as I have a few players still in the F.A. Cup. I will definitely wait until Friday to make any moves.

It's definitely worth waiting if you can; the more information we have the better. Wish I could do the same!

It's definitely worth waiting if you can; the more information we have the better. Wish I could do the same!

I did consider Alonso also though soon as Chelsea get there wingers back I can see them reverting to 4 at the back, Lampard only seems keen on Alonso as a wing back.

I am irritated by Vardy as i have lost 0.3m on him so it has to be last chance this GW assuming he is fit, I really am undecided on what transfers to do.

I did consider Alonso also though soon as Chelsea get there wingers back I can see them reverting to 4 at the back, Lampard only seems keen on Alonso as a wing back.

I am irritated by Vardy as i have lost 0.3m on him so it has to be last chance this GW assuming he is fit, I really am undecided on what transfers to do.

I've been looking at Alonso too, but if there's any chance he's rotated, I'm not interested in spending that much on a defender.

I hate it when these price drops happens when you want to hold on to/have to keep that player. I did an early move of Boly to Doherty earlier (for free); a bit sideways maybe, but if Doherty can keep up his scores, then I don't wan to lose out on those points. He's lowly owned in another league I'm competing in as well.

And on the subject of price drops: it looked likely that Firmino would drop last night, and I had exact cash to do Firmino > Aubameyang. I hate making early moves (especially for a hit), but Aubameyang is a player that's also not highly owned in that other league, so I jumped at the chance, hoping for the best. Checking the prices earlier today though, I saw that Firmino's price was the same…

I've been looking at Alonso too, but if there's any chance he's rotated, I'm not interested in spending that much on a defender.

I hate it when these price drops happens when you want to hold on to/have to keep that player. I did an early move of Boly to Doherty earlier (for free); a bit sideways maybe, but if Doherty can keep up his scores, then I don't wan to lose out on those points. He's lowly owned in another league I'm competing in as well.

And on the subject of price drops: it looked likely that Firmino would drop last night, and I had exact cash to do Firmino > Aubameyang. I hate making early moves (especially for a hit), but Aubameyang is a player that's also not highly owned in that other league, so I jumped at the chance, hoping for the best. Checking the prices earlier today though, I saw that Firmino's price was the same…

Still undecided what to do with my team, the Double GW changes things or does it. Looking at the games in question the fixtures are not that good, I don't want to jump on any other assets really. Arsenal wont do much at City and West Ham at home in London Derby hmm. I may just stick captaincy on KDB, I can see goals from both sides in the Manchester Derby at Old Trafford.

Still undecided what to do with my team, the Double GW changes things or does it. Looking at the games in question the fixtures are not that good, I don't want to jump on any other assets really. Arsenal wont do much at City and West Ham at home in London Derby hmm. I may just stick captaincy on KDB, I can see goals from both sides in the Manchester Derby at Old Trafford.

I'm 90% sure I'l play the free hit in the upcoming blank (gameweek 31). I see there are several managers that are playing it later in one of the double gameweeks (which is probably the ideal solution), but my team isn't at all looking great for gameweek 31, so I might as well just play the free hit and use the following gameweeks to sort out the team for the doubles.

I read some quote from Pep about De Bruyne being a doubt for the derby… Currently, my captaincy is on De Bruyne, but it might be on Aubameyang by the deadline, depending on news.

I'm 90% sure I'l play the free hit in the upcoming blank (gameweek 31). I see there are several managers that are playing it later in one of the double gameweeks (which is probably the ideal solution), but my team isn't at all looking great for gameweek 31, so I might as well just play the free hit and use the following gameweeks to sort out the team for the doubles.

I read some comment from Pep about De Bruyne being a doubt for the derby… Currently, my captaincy is on him, but it might be on Aubameyang depending on news.

Not looked at GW31 yet so not sure how my team will set up for that, after United game tonight I will see which transfers to make tomorrow. I need to make sure Martial and Fernandes are ok.

I read some comment from Pep about De Bruyne being a doubt for the derby… Currently, my captaincy is on him, but it might be on Aubameyang depending on news.

Not looked at GW31 yet so not sure how my team will set up for that, after United game tonight I will see which transfers to make tomorrow. I need to make sure Martial and Fernandes are ok.

Yeah, it's best to wait doing any transfers if you can. I'm nervously waiting for news, hoping that I won't be forced to make another -4 transfer…

Yeah, it's best to wait doing any transfers if you can. I'm nervously waiting for news, hoping that I won't be forced to make another -4 transfer…

KDB is a tricky one for me as any other week no problem at all missing United game lol We really need to beat City though our recent home form v City is not good, no KDB good chance of winning. I heard rumors yesterday Pogba may be back tonight for United also.

As far as hits I will make one at maximum if I can help it.

Edited: Just looked at GW31, not good for anyone, currently with my current side I could only field four maybe five players.

KDB is a tricky one for me as any other week no problem at all missing United game lol We really need to beat City though our recent home form v City is not good, no KDB good chance of winning. I heard rumors yesterday Pogba may be back tonight for United also.

Edited: Just looked at GW31, not good for anyone, currently with my current side I could only field four maybe five players.

How will Pogba's potential return affect Fernandes' positioning on the pitch?

Those that have triple Liverpool, one or two Burnley players and triple (or double) Wolves already are those that can approach gameweek 31 without trouble; those of us that aren't at all close to having that team structure, are forced to take hits to field a decent team – or simply use the free hit. We might get doubles in gameweek 34/37, and ideally, the free hit could be used then.

Those that have triple Liverpool, one or two Burnley players and triple (or double) Wolves already are those that can approach gameweek 31 without trouble; those of us that aren't at all close to having that team structure, are forced to take hits to field a decent team – or simply use the free hit. We might get doubles in gameweek 34/37, and ideally, the free hit could be used then.

At a stretch and using only one hit I could maybe field seven/eight players (if Kelly is involved), though it means planning my subs now. With so little games I am tempted to right off the GW31 and rely on Wolves and Liverpool to get me points and save the Free Hit, the reality is are there any points to really chase in GW31?

Triple up now on Wolves would aid my GW31, so maybe its not all bad, though those moves mean I am totally ignoring this double GW and banking on KDB to be fit. Or... I could just go crazy with hits and throw caution to the wind.

Pogba not involved against Derby, unsure if he will be back for City game. Ole would have to either play Fernandes on the right flank, play a diamond like we did against Everton or go with only one holding midfielder and play a 4123 to fit Pogba in.
    We're close to another deadline, so it's time to do an update on our gameweek winners. Since the last time we've had two gameweeks and two winners - DICKLESS TOWN in gameweek 27, and bobby’sfashionsense in gameweek 28. Congratulations! =D>

yQD3TKD.jpg
    yG7ym2p.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload
    GW 19: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 20: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 21: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 22: Team Extreme
    GW 23: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 24: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 25: Anfield FC / Team Extreme
    GW 26: Manchester United
    GW 27: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 28: bobby’sfashionsense
    League table standings:

1. Team Extreme: GW 32 - TOT 1641
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 37 - TOT 1613
    3. 11FishFingers: GW 34 - TOT 1597
    4. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 36 - TOT 1560
    5. Anfield FC: GW 23 - TOT 1529
    6. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 34 - TOT 1477
    7. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 30 - TOT 1473
    8. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 26 - TOT 1462
    9. AFC Fritzson: GW 23 - TOT 1449
    10. bliblikadek: GW 22 - TOT 1449
    11. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 18 - TOT 1417
    12. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 44 - TOT 1404
    13. Overload: GW 25 - TOT 1393
    14. MEJICO POWA: GW 34 - TOT 1360
    15. GoldyTheRef: GW 28 - TOT 1338
    16. Flitwick Flyers: GW 37 - TOT 1330
    17. Benny’s Blues: GW 25 - TOT 1313
    18. George’sRetroRockets: GW 33 - TOT 1311
    19. Manchester United: GW 31 - TOT 1067
    ________

Remember the gameweek 29 deadline tomorrow at 11:30 UK time!

At a stretch and using only one hit I could maybe field seven/eight players (if Kelly is involved), though it means planning my subs now. With so little games I am tempted to right off the GW31 and rely on Wolves and Liverpool to get me points and save the Free Hit, the reality is are there any points to really chase in GW31?

Triple up now on Wolves would aid my GW31, so maybe its not all bad, though those moves mean I am totally ignoring this double GW and banking on KDB to be fit. Or... I could just go crazy with hits and throw caution to the wind.

Pogba not involved against Derby, unsure if he will be back for City game. Ole would have to either play Fernandes on the right flank, play a diamond like we did against Everton or go with only one holding midfielder and play a 4123 to fit Pogba in.

I'm not sure really; I imagine gameweek 31 will be a low average kind of gameweek, with many taking hits, some using the free hit, and some only fielding the team they got. That's why Free hit is an option for me, although I really wish I could save it.

I don't know if going hits crazy is the solution; a few could be plenty – if needed. I will likely make a move for a Wolves player for next gameweek, then decide if gameweek 31 is worth planning for.

In any case, Ole will likely play both Pogba and Fernandes, right?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for Gameweek #29:

Transfer made: Firmino --> Jota.

Guaita
    Soyuncu, Baldock, Lundstram
    Salah, Traoré, Martial, Snodgrass
    Ings, Jota (C), Jimenez.

I'm not sure really; I imagine gameweek 31 will be a low average kind of gameweek, with many taking hits, some using the free hit, and some only fielding the team they got. That's why Free hit is an option for me, although I really wish I could save it.

I don't know if going hits crazy is the solution; a few could be plenty – if needed. I will likely make a move for a Wolves player for next gameweek, then decide if gameweek 31 is worth planning for.

If both fit will play both for sure, there are stories Pogba may stay.

Guaita
    Ings, Jota (C), Jimenez.

Jota captain is a bold move though on current form a good one.

I still have made zero transfers, still undecided what to do. I need to check all the player reports.

Guaita
    Ings, Jota (C), Jimenez.

I like the double Wolves attack (and the captaincy)! :-bd

If both fit will play both for sure, there are stories Pogba may stay.
    It will be interesting to see how they'll play when both are on the pitch. Fernandes might be in my team for a while, so I'm depending on him to get points!

Guaita
    Ings, Jota (C), Jimenez.

Jota captain is a bold move though on current form a good one.

I still have made zero transfers, still undecided what to do. I need to check all the player reports.

Haven't looked at my team since Wednesday. I'm thinking i better leave it as it is unless there are some late news/rumours. I've probably been overthinking my planning lately, so a different approach might be needed.
    Another deadline has passed, so here are the gameweek 29 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 5
    Aubameyang: 5
    De Bruyne: 3
    Kane: 1
    Sterling: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Jota: 1
    Agüero: 1
    Jiménez: 1

Salah and Aubameyang are the most captained players in our league this gameweek, closely followed by De Bruyne. The latter two will of course have a double gameweek, with a fixture this weekend, as well as a game on Wednesday. Good luck everyone!
    Had to deal with something so missed deadline and did nothing :))
    Bournemouth 1-0 Liverpool!
    Had to deal with something so missed deadline and did nothing :))

Blessing in disguise, perhaps? :-D
    Bournemouth 1-0 Liverpool!

Wow! :-O