The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited February 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Man City v West Ham rescheduled for 19th Feb and will remain part of this GW

With only De Bruyne from City in my team I would probably have preferred to see the game moved to another gameweek. Oh well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

With only De Bruyne from City in my team I would probably have preferred to see the game moved to another gameweek. Oh well.

Likewise

This GW gets worse for me Traoré on bench tonight

Likewise

Oh no! Another not so successful wildcard pick…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,105

Likewise

As things stand I want Traoré to stay benched, Greenwood stay benched so I can get Lundstram 7 points :)) that's how bad this GW could be

The huge City news means the race for top five is on

Likewise

As things stand I want Traoré to stay benched, Greenwood stay benched so I can get Lundstram 7 points :)) that's how bad this GW could be

Boly, Fernandéz and Hayden are my bench players; don't know what to hope for!

Haven't read up on the City news. Will that mean that whoever finishes fifth qualifies for CL?

Likewise

Haven't read up on the City news. Will that mean that whoever finishes fifth qualifies for CL?

City will appeal though that could last months, as things stand 5th will get Champions League it would seem. City have a 2 year all European Competition ban and £25 million fine.

Likewise

City will appeal though that could last months, as things stand 5th will get Champions League it would seem. City have a 2 year all European Competition ban and £25 million fine.

This would certainly make points all the more important now! Shame Arsenal are too far behind already.

Likewise

This would certainly make points all the more important now! Shame Arsenal are too far behind already.

I have not looked at the table in ages, though with all the teams involved for top 4/5 a few weeks of bad results will no doubt change things quickly.

I am tempted to put money on Sheffield United getting into the CL, they are as consistent as anyone in that bracket and have a good run of fixtures

Likewise

I have not looked at the table in ages, though with all the teams involved for top 4/5 a few weeks of bad results will no doubt change things quickly.

I am tempted to put money on Sheffield United getting into the CL, they are as consistent as anyone in that bracket and have a good run of fixtures

Indeed; it's so little that separate those teams, that good or bad performances can have a big impact.

Agree re. Sheffield United – they look really strong now, and Sander Berge is a great signing for them. It's a good chance they might get that CL spot.
    Goalless between Wolves and Leicester, this could be my lowest score ever for a GW. Also Abraham a doubt for Chelsea Gr.

After this long drawn GW I am taking a hit with my two free transfers and changing three attackers.
    Goalless between Wolves and Leicester, this could be my lowest score ever for a GW. Also Abraham a doubt for Chelsea Gr.

After this long drawn GW I am taking a hit with my two free transfers and changing three attackers.

Might be the lowest scoring ever for me too, the way things are going. My pre-wildcard would have been on 35 points (before WOL-LEI baps) from 5 players – my wildcard team is on 6 points from 4…

Might be the lowest scoring ever for me too, the way things are going. My pre-wildcard would have been on 35 points (before WOL-LEI baps) from 5 players – my wildcard team is on 6 points from 4…

Ouch! Just shows how unpredictable FPL is, though if you feel confident your team will do well going forward sometimes you have to write off a GW. The moves I will make I have planned for a few weeks, because this GW was so uncertain I was reluctant to take more hits to do the moves earlier.

Ouch! Just shows how unpredictable FPL is, though if you feel confident your team will do well going forward sometimes you have to write off a GW. The moves I will make I have planned for a few weeks, because this GW was so uncertain I was reluctant to take more hits to do the moves earlier.

Yes, you have to just take those gameweeks as they come. The next one will hopefully be different. There was no point sticking with my previous team anyway; there weren't a lot of clean sheets or big scores around.

Yes, you have to just take those gameweeks as they come. The next one will hopefully be different. There was no point sticking with my previous team anyway; there weren't a lot of clean sheets or big scores around.

I have noticed some FPL managers and these have channels on YouTube have knee jerk reactions to one GW and go crazy with transfers chips and hits. Two things I have learnt in my second season is 1) Trust my gut instinct 2) Play the long game. Many have got rid of Vardy, I held on for some poor GW's though he now has great fixtures ahead

I have noticed some FPL managers and these have channels on YouTube have knee jerk reactions to one GW and go crazy with transfers chips and hits. Two things I have learnt in my second season is 1) Trust my gut instinct 2) Play the long game. Many have got rid of Vardy, I held on for some poor GW's though he now has great fixtures ahead
    To me it looks like they are either very knee jerk-y, or playing it very patiently and safe. The latter group usually tends to do better, but I've seen a few managers that play the high-risk/(potentially) high reward brilliantly. I've started to get a bit more impatient after Christmas, but I hope having played wildcard will make it easier for me to go back to playing more safe again.

I got rid of Vardy, but I definitely understand those who kept him. For me it was mostly about doing something different. I have Firmino in that spot now, but switching back to Vardy is easy, if needed.
    This GW is making me consider quitting, its FPL depression inducing :)) I am having flashbacks to last season :-S
    Salah please score and save us from FPL poverty [-O<

Edited: Mané Goal, Henderson assist

Edited: Ends 1 - 0 to Liverpool, 22 points from that game, though most people have a Liverpool triple up and probably got more points

Edited: Ends 1 - 0 to Liverpool, 22 points from that game, though most people have a Liverpool triple up and probably got more points

Mané scoring makes yet another player that delivers once I've dropped him on wildcard…

Mané scoring makes yet another player that delivers once I've dropped him on wildcard…

My Liverpool Double defence kinda of bails me out again, Gomez and TAA got 8 points

How much would your pre Wildcard team have now?

My Liverpool Double defence kinda of bails me out again, Gomez and TAA got 8 points

Foster (2 pts), Söyüncü (7 pts), Lundstram (7 pts), Alexander-Arnold (6pts - pre bonus), Salah (C) (6 pts), Mané (5 pts), Doucouré (9 pts), Calvert-Lewin (11 pts), Jiménez (2 pts).

So, 53 points (before bonus points from the Norwich-Liverpool game), with De Bruyne and Aubameyang left to play. My current team has 28 (also not including bonus points from the Norwich-Liverpool game, with Son and De Bruyne left to play.

Foster (2 pts), Söyüncü (7 pts), Lundstram (7 pts), Alexander-Arnold (6pts - pre bonus), Salah (C) (6 pts), Mané (5 pts), Doucouré (9 pts), Calvert-Lewin (11 pts), Jiménez (2 pts).

So, 53 points (before bonus points from the Norwich-Liverpool game), with De Bruyne and Aubameyang left to play. My current team has 28 (also not including bonus points from the Norwich-Liverpool game, with Son and De Bruyne left to play.

It's impossible to predict, when the City game is done I will be happy. It will feel like normal service will resume after this so called mid season break.

It's impossible to predict, when the City game is done I will be happy. It will feel like normal service will resume after this so called mid season break.

I'll be very happy to just be done with this gameweek. I hope the red arrow won't be too big, but it's not looking good with just two players left.

Finally getting a regular gameweek again will be great!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Aston Villa takes the early lead against Spurs, thanks to an own goal by Alderweireld.

Edit: Alderweireld has scored again, this time for the correct team. 1-1
    Aston Villa takes the early lead against Spurs, thanks to an own goal by Alderweireld.

And Son makes i 1-2.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,686

And Son makes i 1-2.

Engels equalizes for Villa!

Edit: Son scores the winning goal at the 94th minute.

And Son makes i 1-2.

Engels equalizes for Villa!

Edit: Son scores the winning goal at the 94th minute.

(For non-FPL reasons – damn!)
    Abraham not even on the bench for Chelsea, makes it easier for me to sell him. If Greenwood stays on the bench I will get Lundstrams 7 points, Ighalo is on the United bench and Baily is back starting for United, with Baily back I think we will win this.
    Get in my man Martial scores, AWB with the assist
    Chelsea goal disallowed by VAR
    Get In Maguire goal another great header, Bruno with the assist. UNITED UNITED UNITED!!!

Fernández delivery is good something we have lacked, almost scored again

Fred also emerging as a leader, good signs for United

Edited: Chelsea goal ruled offside by VAR

Greenwood stays on the bench...
    giphy.gif