The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Son goal get in!!!!

Wow, you must be high up in the rankings now!

:-O 18K in the World

Impressive! I'm down to 72k right now, so I have to rely on a wildcard boost.

Son must have lost a bonus point dropped slightly, 16 points off top 10K. Stark contrast to my debut season, remarkably I have only taken 3 Hits.

I will ponder my transfers for a few days, not entirely sure what I will do yet. I thought this GW was going to be a disaster which ended up being the opposite.
    Son goal get in!!!!

Son must have lost a bonus point dropped slightly, 16 points off top 10K. Stark contrast to my debut season, remarkably I have only taken 3 Hits.

I will ponder my transfers for a few days, not entirely sure what I will do yet. I thought this GW was going to be a disaster which ended up being the opposite.

Would think he was in for bonus points, but I guess a clean sheet for Sp*rs might have something to do about that.

It was as expected for me; I didn't really have much of a team to play really, and Aubameyang was my only shot at some differential points. Anyway, it's a week of wildcard tinkering ahead now!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Son goal get in!!!!

Would think he was in for bonus points, but I guess a clean sheet for Sp*rs might have something to do about that.

It was as expected for me; I didn't really have much of a team to play really, and Aubameyang was my only shot at some differential points. Anyway, it's a week of wildcard tinkering ahead now!

I think Pep will leave, with David Silva and Aguero amongst others aging and needing two center backs will he get the money he needs? No idea why both Silva's were on the bench today
    Son goal get in!!!!

I think Pep will leave, with David Silva and Aguero amongst others aging and needing two center backs will he get the money he needs? No idea why both Silva's were on the bench today

Yeah, it looks like Pep is heading towards the end of his City stay, that's for sure. And City does look to be in a transitional period of sorts after Kompany left.
    Son goal get in!!!!

Yeah, it looks like Pep is heading towards the end of his City stay, that's for sure. And City does look to be in a transitional period of sorts after Kompany left.

City have too many 50 million defenders that don't play, Stones he appears to have lost all faith in, Mendy always injured a few others that I have forgotten there name, god knows what has happened to Sterling's form. They have missed Sane admittedly him rotating with Sterling did wear teams down. Kompany is a huge miss, City not getting Maguire was our gain and there mistake, as poor as United are at attacking there is a great defence emerging and the likes of Williams and Wan Bissaka are young
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 17,280
    Son goal get in!!!!

City have too many 50 million defenders that don't play, Stones he appears to have lost all faith in, Mendy always injured a few others that I have forgotten there name, god knows what has happened to Sterling's form. They have missed Sane admittedly him rotating with Sterling did wear teams down. Kompany is a huge miss, City not getting Maguire was our gain and there mistake, as poor as United are at attacking there is a great defence emerging and the likes of Williams and Wan Bissaka are young

Agree, as good as City's squad looks, they are showing signs of weakness now, which I didn't expect going into this season. Losing Laporte to injury earlier in the season didn't help either. I wonder what they'll do in the summer.
    @Torgeirtrap is there any way to view FPL history, for example view a previous season?
    @Torgeirtrap is there any way to view FPL history, for example view a previous season?

Sorry for the late reply @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! I'm not sure if there's any way to view each single gameweek from previous seasons, but you have the oportunity to see the final overall rank from each season under View Gameweek history (at the bottom, under Previous Seasons).

Sorry for the late reply @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! I'm not sure if there's any way to view each single gameweek from previous seasons, but you have the oportunity to see the final overall rank from each season under View Gameweek history (at the bottom, under Previous Seasons).

That's a shame though will be interesting to see what last year's total was, I will check later after work. Cheers

That's a shame though will be interesting to see what last year's total was, I will check later after work. Cheers

Yes, it would be really interesting to compare specific gameweeks (in particularly those where a chip was played); but I guess that the developers of the game don't want to keep that kind of data. It's the same with the Norwegian and Swedish version of the game as well.

Yes, it would be really interesting to compare specific gameweeks (in particularly those where a chip was played); but I guess that the developers of the game don't want to keep that kind of data. It's the same with the Norwegian and Swedish version of the game as well.

Makes sense with 7 million plus playing the game that's a lot of info to hang onto.

Makes sense with 7 million plus playing the game that's a lot of info to hang onto.

Indeed! And it takes a while for them to update the game already (gameweek updates, overall ranking updates etc.)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,690
    My team for Gameweek #26:

Transfer made: Vardy --> Firmino.

Ryan
    Lundstram, Dunk, Rico
    Traoré, Salah (C), De Bruyne, Martial
    Ings, Jimenez, Firmino.

My team for Gameweek #26:

Transfer made: Vardy --> Firmino.

Ryan
    Lundstram, Dunk, Rico
    Traoré, Salah (C), De Bruyne, Martial
    Ings, Jimenez, Firmino.

Strong team! Looking at Salah (C) as well, but as I'm on my wildcard right now, nothing is set!
    My team is a bit of a mess this GW, decided to do nothing and hope for the best. If a few of my big hitters do OK I will take that. There is no point in me panic transferring, I will let two transfers build up and see how things are for the next GW.
    My team is a bit of a mess this GW, decided to do nothing and hope for the best. If a few of my big hitters do OK I will take that. There is no point in me panic transferring, I will let two transfers build up and see how things are for the next GW.

I've wildcarded, but I feel like this might be the wrong gameweek to do it as it's a tricky one. On the other hand I had no choice but to play it.

_______

Here are the gameweek 26 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 10
    De Bruyne: 2
    van Dijk: 2
    Agüero: 2
    Kane: 1
    Sterling: 1
    Aubameyang: 1

Salah is by far the most captained player in out league this gameweek, with a good fixture against Norwich. We won't see how that game plays out until next Saturday though! Good luck everyone!
    I hope people who captained Salah picked a good Vice Captain, apparently Salah wife is due very soon... Could Salah get time off?
    Holgate on the bench for Everton and Kelly (injured) and Lundstram (out of favour) are my back up. :-S
    I hope people who captained Salah picked a good Vice Captain, apparently Salah wife is due very soon... Could Salah get time off?

She's given birth apparently!
    Holgate on the bench for Everton and Kelly (injured) and Lundstram (out of favour) are my back up. :-S

Ouch! I guess this will be a tricky gameweek (as expected)…
    Holgate on for the last five mins + added time.
    Lundstram on 7 points as it stands, Holgate on for 5 minutes ouch!

Man City v West Ham called off due to Storms, its been rough where I am so not surprised.

Man City v West Ham called off due to Storms, its been rough where I am so not surprised.

I'm on 3 points from 2 at the moment (Henderson/Stevens). My pre-wildcard team would've had 31 from 5!

I'm on 3 points from 2 at the moment (Henderson/Stevens). My pre-wildcard team would've had 31 from 5!

Got 3 points myself from two players, not liking this split week lol

Got 3 points myself from two players, not liking this split week lol

Me neither!
    What actually happens with City players, will this now be a blank week for them and we get players off the bench?
    What actually happens with City players, will this now be a blank week for them and we get players off the bench?

I believe so. It's the first time this happens in three years of playing FPL, so I can't be sure!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,334
    Just checked fpl live points, KDB is red and it indicates my first bench option Greenwood is active. Interesting to see the Double GW the West Ham game appears in for City, potentional Triple Captain option there for me.

KDB is my Vice Captain this GW so if Salah does not play its doom!!!
    Just checked fpl live points, KDB is red and it indicates my first bench option Greenwood is active. Interesting to see the Double GW the West Ham game appears in for City, potentional Triple Captain option there for me.

KDB is my Vice Captain this GW so if Salah does not play its doom!!!

I'd be surprised if Salah doesn't play! It's interesting that the postponed game might give us another double GW. I only have KDB from City right now, but luckily my wildcard is set up to easily upgrade/downgrade players if needed.
    Man City v West Ham rescheduled for 19th Feb and will remain part of this GW