The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Looks like a 65 point haul this GW, which is ok considering Vardy (c) blanked. Liverpool consceding again robbed me of 9 points gr, glad I have dumped Van Dyke
    Looks like a 65 point haul this GW, which is ok considering Vardy (c) blanked. Liverpool consceding again robbed me of 9 points gr, glad I have dumped Van Dyke

van Dijk to Rico added 3 points to my gameweek score. Happy enough with that. Of course Jota scored when I dropped him, so that's annoying.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

van Dijk to Rico added 3 points to my gameweek score. Happy enough with that. Of course Jota scored when I dropped him, so that's annoying.

Your score will be good I suspect, its early days and happy with keeping a good average though I need to start hitting higher scores and have a better Captain pic outcome, my Captain pic is what is keeping me away from big points otherwise I am doing reasonably well
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,279

Your score will be good I suspect, its early days and happy with keeping a good average though I need to start hitting higher scores and have a better Captain pic outcome, my Captain pic is what is keeping me away from big points otherwise I am doing reasonably well

Yes, can't say I'm disappointed this gameweek (haven't checked how much it will actually end up being after subs). Still haven't nailed the captaincy picks though, if not counting the vice captaincy of De Bruyne this weekend.

A few good captaincy picks the upcoming gameweeks can works wonders for the overall rank, I think.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,327
    Just checked my overall rank with subs I am just outside 500'000 at this stage much better than my debut season, my guts says Abraham will be a good differential Captain on occasion over the next 6 weeks, certainly at home.
    Just checked my overall rank with subs just I am outside 500'000 at this stage much better than my debut season, my guts says Abraham will be a good differential Captain on occasion over the next 6 weeks, certainly at home.

That's a good overall rank at this point of the season. It's so close between the teams still, and a few decent scores will see you climb to an even better rank.
    Just checked my overall rank with subs just I am outside 500'000 at this stage much better than my debut season, my guts says Abraham will be a good differential Captain on occasion over the next 6 weeks, certainly at home.

That's a good overall rank at this point of the season. It's so close between the teams still, and a few decent scores will see you climb to an even better rank.

A couple of 90+ point weeks and those rankings can be climbed quite easy, in reality to win this whole thing you have to be hitting ridiculous scores from the start though its fun to play and improve, listening to an FPL phone in this really has become a religion for some. There was one person nearly in tears because he had a bad week or two, last year though I did feel the FPL stress :))

A couple of 90+ point weeks and those rankings can be climbed quite easy, in reality to win this whole thing you have to be hitting ridiculous scores from the start though its fun to play and improve, listening to an FPL phone in this really has become a religion for some. There was one person nearly in tears because he had a bad week or two, last year though I did feel the FPL stress :))

It's strange how this game can impact the mood! Yes, in order to win the whole thing you probably have to have a good gameweek every gameweek. However, I've heard of players having a bad start to the season, only to climb to very impressive ranks at the end of the season.

Here's a good example!

It's strange how this game can impact the mood! Yes, in order to win the whole thing you probably have to have a good gameweek every gameweek. However, I've heard of players having a bad start to the season, only to climb to very impressive ranks at the end of the season.

Here's a good example!

Just watching Fantasy Football Scout, some people who appear on the show were hacked
    Another weekend of football is finished, and congratulations goes to Anfield FC, our gameweek 6 winner! Give us a shout on the thread if you see this!

cobSjS3.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC

And here's how the league managed in gameweek 6. 11 out of 19* teams managed to equal or beat the average gameweek score of 52. Well done!

*it seems like Teluk Gong FC have left our league.

League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 77 - TOT 371
    2. Team Extreme GW 65 - TOT 355
    3. Anfield FC GW 85 - TOT 347
    4. Anotherwastedcorner GW 53 - TOT 342
    5. AFC Fritzson GW 47 - TOT 340
    6. GoldyTheRef GW 48 - TOT 339
    7. 11 FishFingers GW 54 - TOT 337
    8. EMRE CAN Fan GW 50 - TOT 329
    9. Benny's Blues GW 38 - TOT 327
    10. bliblikadek GW 71 - TOT 327
    11. LVLA Skopje 05 GW 58 - TOT 312
    12. George'sRetroRockets GW 58 - TOT 308
    13. DICKLESS TOWN GW 52 - TOT 307
    14. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a GW 47 - TOT 305
    15. Overload GW 54 - TOT 297
    16. bobby’sfashionsense GW 48 - TOT 293
    17. Flitwick Flyers GW 62 - TOT 284
    18. MEJICO POWA GW 40 - TOT 267
    19. Manchester United GW 42 - TOT 92

Here's a good example!

Just watching Fantasy Football Scout, some people who appear on the show were hacked

Yes, it looks so. Being hacked is serious enough, but from a FPL perspective it must be really infuriating. All that time spent preparing for each gameweek.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Congrats to Anfield FC.
    Got a terrible score this week. Despite having Aguero as captain.
    Made a change to my backline, hoping for a better week ahead.
    [-O<
    Benny wrote: »
    Congrats to Anfield FC.
    Got a terrible score this week. Despite having Aguero as captain.
    Made a change to my backline, hoping for a better week ahead.
    [-O<

Bad luck having only two playing defenders this gameweek! I'm sure with a transfer to change the backline, that won't happen again! :-)
    Well done Anfield FC

FPL is a funny game the current top two in our league have never got the highest score of any GW
    Just checked my squad value £101.6 that's a decent increase in six weeks, I am paying more attention to that aspect of the game this year.

In a way I am glad I have already played my Wildcard as last year not really being clued up on the game I lost a lot of value in my team when I used the chip.
    Well done Anfield FC

FPL is a funny game the current top two in our league have never got the highest score of any GW

It really just shows that getting a decent overall rank sometimes might come down to consistency rather than gameweek scores that are high or low. 6 gameweeks is very little to go by though; all of our teams will very likely expect varying scores throughout the season. It's just guesswork we're doing here, when you think of it! :))
    Well done Anfield FC

It really just shows that getting a decent overall rank sometimes might come down to consistency rather than gameweek scores that are high or low. 6 gameweeks is very little to go by though; all of our teams will very likely expect varying scores throughout the season. It's just guesswork we're doing here, when you think of it! :))

That's true though you do have to have a strategy of sorts, I am looking beyond the next fixture more this year and not making knee jerk moves. Last year I used hits like confetti, last year I could get 95 points then the next week 38 (the latter more often).

Early in the season I said to myself I need to try to maintain a 65 point average early on, currently my average is 59 points so kind of on target with that, just got to get my captain picks right, choosing Vardy this week was a gamble that failed.
    Mane is a doubt with a dead leg/knock on bone for upcoming games
    Well done Anfield FC

That's true though you do have to have a strategy of sorts, I am looking beyond the next fixture more this year and not making knee jerk moves. Last year I used hits like confetti, last year I could get 95 points then the next week 38 (the latter more often).

Early in the season I said to myself I need to try to maintain a 65 point average early on, currently my average is 59 points so kind of on target with that, just got to get my captain picks right, choosing Vardy this week was a gamble that failed.

It definitely helps having a strategy – one of the best being (as you write) looking beyond the next fixture. Ideally I try to look three-four gameweeks ahead, but given the unpredictability of FPL, that's not always an option.

One of the top FPL managers (James Egersdorff I think it was) predicted that an average of 60 is usually enough to give you a good overall ranking by the end of the season. No season is the same though, so that was just a ballpark figure.
    Mane is a doubt with a dead leg/knock on bone for upcoming games

That's bad news for Liverpool. I've considered Mané over Salah, either as a free transfer or on wildcard, in order to upgrade a few players. Might have to look at other ways of doing that now.

There's also the midweek cup games to keep an eye on. Things might happen in those games that might affect planned transfers.
    LETS TALK FPL was hacked he says that it takes 21 days to delete the account so they are trying to salvage his account (If he does not get his account back he will try to continue, people have offered to give him their team), it makes sense to keep checking our accounts and rotating passwords, though it does appear the main targets are well known content creators
    LETS TALK FPL was hacked he says that it takes 21 days to delete the account so they are trying to salvage his account (If he does not get his account back he will try to continue, people have offered to give him their team), it makes sense to keep checking our accounts and rotating passwords, though it does appear the main targets are well known content creators

Certainly looks like there's well-known FPL managers that have been hacked. Good that it takes a while before the account is actually completely removed, which might mean that FPL are able to restore them.

Wonder what the chances are of the person(s) responsible getting caught is.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Judging by some of my gameweek scores I think I’ll use the excuse I’ve been hacked too ;)

Certainly looks like there's well-known FPL managers that have been hacked. Good that it takes a while before the account is actually completely removed, which might mean that FPL are able to restore them.

That piece of information is encouraging regarding timescale, it would appear all is not lost. Perhaps FPL will look to include a 2 Step Verification login
    DCisared wrote: »
    Judging by some of my gameweek scores I think I’ll use the excuse I’ve been hacked too ;)

Early days yet mate, at least your side (Liverpool) is doing well on the pitch

That piece of information is encouraging regarding timescale, it would appear all is not lost. Perhaps FPL will look to include a 2 Step Verification login

Good point, that's something they should consider. If it happens this season is probably unlikely, but next season should be a good opportunity to include it.

DCisared wrote: »

Early days yet mate, at least your side (Liverpool) is doing well on the pitch

Agree, it's early days and a lot will happen throughout the season!

Let's Talk FPL got his team back though 90+ transfers made.

That's great - but shame about those transfers. He hasn't played his wildcard yet though.

That's great - but shame about those transfers. He hasn't played his wildcard yet though.

I am surprised his chips were not activated, you wonder what goes through people's minds to ruin things for others
    I was wise to make the transfers early looking at price rises, changed my password again ;))

I am surprised his chips were not activated, you wonder what goes through people's minds to ruin things for others

Indeed. Can't believe the behaviour of some people!
    I was wise to make the transfers early looking at price rises, changed my password again ;))

Missed out on some price changes already this week. Will have to take a few hits soon if I want to get in the players I want…

Looks like the hacking was a very targeted attack. I'm sure we're pretty safe. :-)

Missed out on some price changes already this week. Will have to take a few hits soon if I want to get in the players I want…

Looks like the hacking was a very targeted attack. I'm sure we're pretty safe. :-)

Have you heard something about targeted attack's? With VPN's will be difficult to track the culprits.

I have a lot of value in my side already 101.8m if I did not act early would have not been able to get Son or Abraham in

Have you heard something about targeted attack's? With VPN's will be difficult to track the culprits.

I have a lot of value in my side already 101.8m if I did not act early would have not been able to get Son or Abraham in

Nothing beyond those affected really, but it looks like those affected have all (I think) been well-known names in the FPL community – on Twitter and streams. It will probably be difficult to track the one(s) responsible, so we can only hope it was a one time only incident.

It's 101.6m here (if included the amount in the bank). Really want to get Abraham and Son in too, but I still can't find a way to do it…