The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,109
    Vardy absent from Leicester Squad, oh god I could end up starting 8 players at this point.

Tempted to sell Vardy now, too many weeks without return and I can use his value
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Ryan
    TAA, Gomez, Holgate
    Martial, Fernandes, Salah (C) , Cantwell
    Ings (V) , Vardy, Jiminez

Kelly only outfield player on bench

Thirty minutes to decide whether to take hits or free hit, I will likely just hope for the best and do nothing.
    Vardy absent from Leicester Squad, oh god I could end up starting 8 players at this point.

Tempted to sell Vardy now, too many weeks without return and I can use his value

A small consolation is that several managers are in the same boat re. Vardy. This was a real surprise!

Ended up doing nothing more than my Martial > Fernandes move last night. Came close to taking a hit for a Traoré replacement (Barnes would have been the most likely one), but decided against taking a -4. Barnes hat trick incoming!

______

And here are the gameweek 28 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 10
    Mané: 2
    Kane: 1
    Sterling: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Jiménez: 1

Salah is by far the most captained player this gameweek. Not surprising given the teams that won't play, and Liverpool's form. Good luck everyone!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Last few weeks my luck has dried up though I think I have become a bit apathetic with FPL, I did not even check the team news build up for Leicester etc which is slack. I may have been able to get Vardy out before the deadline.

Edited: Rumours are Vardy has toothache
    Last few weeks my luck has dried up though I think I have become a bit apathetic with FPL, I did not even check the team news build up for Leicester etc which is slack. I may have been able to get Vardy out before the deadline.

Didn't see any pre-deadline rumours myself, but as I wasn't looking to bring anyone in for this match, I didn't really look for rumours either. I think the fact that City don't play (and that we still have no double gameweek news) limits the transfer options, and therefore also a bit of the fun with this gameweek. Next gameweek will surely be more interesting to plan for.

Haha, toothache? :))

Didn't see any pre-deadline rumours myself, but as I wasn't looking to bring anyone in for this match, I didn't really look for rumours either. I think the fact that City don't play (and that we still have no double gameweek news) limits the transfer options, and therefore also a bit of the fun with this gameweek. Next gameweek will surely be more interesting to plan for.

I looked at possible free hit players and the options were not great at all so abandoned that idea immediately.

This GW is gonna be poor got to accept it and make sure I do well the next GW.

I looked at possible free hit players and the options were not great at all so abandoned that idea immediately.

This GW is gonna be poor got to accept it and make sure I do well the next GW.

Indeed, there weren't that many great options for this gameweek, which was partly a reason for me to skip taking a hit to transfer out Traoré. If he plays a few minutes, I'll be happy!

I won't be surprised if the average is low this gameweek, so rank drops/gains might be minimal.
    Leicester losing means 3rd and 4th place is up for grabs IMO, all of a sudden Leicester despite easier fixtures there assets are not as appealing maybe there lack of quality depth is starting to show now.

Saying that assuming his tooth sorts itself out surely Vardy will deliver at home to Villa.
    Leicester losing means 3rd and 4th place is up for grabs IMO, all of a sudden Leicester despite easier fixtures there assets are not as appealing maybe there lack of quality depth is starting to show now.

Saying that assuming his tooth sorts itself out surely Vardy will deliver at home to Villa.

Vardy being out of form (and unavailable for this game) is probably a factor as well. With Ndidi back, they will probably do better. My thinking now, seeing as they didn't get a win against Norwich, is to wait until I see them perform better.

Surely a toothache will be treatable?

Vardy being out of form (and unavailable for this game) is probably a factor as well. With Ndidi back, they will probably do better. My thinking now, seeing as they didn't get a win against Norwich, is to wait until I see them perform better.

For millionaires toothache will be sorted out immediately I would think, though having had serious toothache myself when those nerves are raw it bloody hurts :))

Ndidi is a very key player for them, they concede less when he is in the side, hopefully him and Vardy will start vs Villa.

For millionaires toothache will be sorted out immediately I would think, though having had serious toothache myself when those nerves are raw it bloody hurts :))

Ndidi is a very key player for them, they concede less when he is in the side, hopefully him and Vardy will start vs Villa.

Haha, I can understand that! :))

I would think they both are, which of course makes that Villa fixture an interesting one. I'm cautious bringing in a Leicester asset, but we'll see – given that many own Leicester players, I might have to.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,686
    If Liverpool wins against Watford late today, Leicester are eliminated from the title fight (they would be 32 points adrift, with 30 points left for grabs).
    If Liverpool wins against Watford late today, Leicester are eliminated from the title fight (they would be 32 points adrift, with 30 points left for grabs).

Says a lot about Liverpool's fantastic season!
    _______

Double Southampton defence not going well…
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Says a lot about Liverpool's fantastic season!
    _______

Double Southampton defence not going well…

Liverpool losing 0-3 to Watford! :-O
    Wow I guess it was bound to happen at some point, even though my points are shocking Liverpool losing makes up for it, no unbeaten season.

So far I have only 9 players this week, 8 if Martial is still out :))

Interesting Gomez not in the match day squad, Liverpool's incredible defensive run started when he returned, soon as he is out comes to a grinding halt.
    What a gameweek!
    What a gameweek!

One consolation it looks like everyone has done badly, glad I did not take hits etc
    What a gameweek!

One consolation it looks like everyone has done badly, glad I did not take hits etc

Oh, yes! Not taking a hit is the best thing about this gameweek for me!
    What a gameweek!

Had a bit of a shock yesterday unrelated, though put things in perspective it's mad how seriously some of us managers take FPL :))

Going forward though the pendulum seems to have swung with some assets that seem to have lost form or at least there teams have.
    What a gameweek!

Had a bit of a shock yesterday unrelated, though put things in perspective it's mad how seriously some of us managers take FPL :))

Going forward though the pendulum seems to have swung with some assets that seem to have lost form or at least there teams have.

The danger of this game for sure. You start out casually playing it. Before you know it you'll be looking for Twitter rumours minutes before each deadline! :))

It all feels so up in the air right now – Liverpool with a few bad games on top of it all. I just had a look at my team, and I have no idea what to do with it. Think it will be important to just be patient, watch the cup games and take it from there.
    What a gameweek!

The danger of this game for sure. You start out casually playing it. Before you know it you'll be looking for Twitter rumours minutes before each deadline! :))

It all feels so up in the air right now – Liverpool with a few bad games on top of it all. I just had a look at my team, and I have no idea what to do with it. Think it will be important to just be patient, watch the cup games and take it from there.

Watford at home are tough they beat us convincingly, watching Liverpool highlights Liverpool did not look at it all. Sar looks good though.

On paper my team next GW looks good though that counts for nothing at the moment. I think I got Ings at the wrong time, and my defence is an issue, I need about three free transfers maybe four :))
    What a gameweek!

Watford at home are tough they beat us convincingly, watching Liverpool highlights Liverpool did not look at it all. Sar looks good though.

On paper my team next GW looks good though that counts for nothing at the moment. I think I got Ings at the wrong time, and my defence is an issue, I need about three free transfers maybe four :))

Had Sarr before he got injured. Must admit I'm tempted to bring him back in.

Same here, team looks decent, but I'm not confident it will give me many points. Right now, Firmino and Traoré are my main concerns, so I might have to look at replacements for them.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 23,109
    What a gameweek!

Same here, team looks decent, but I'm not confident it will give me many points. Right now, Firmino and Traoré are my main concerns, so I might have to look at replacements for them.

If Martial is sidelined for a long period I may ger Sarr need to check if he will likely be a certain starter. I am thinking Watford defender also certainly for when Watford are at home.
    What a gameweek!

If Martial is sidelined for a long period I may ger Sarr need to check if he will likely be a certain starter. I am thinking Watford defender also certainly for when Watford are at home.

Sarr could be a good replacement I think. I guess a City mid could be an option as well, if they get a double gameweek soon.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 23,109
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 17,241

Looks like my Fernandes move was a good choice. Almost very time I've transferred out an injured player this Fantasy season, they've miraculously recovered for the fixture I have thought they would miss, or the injuries have been minor – making them miss that one fixture only (which of course have made transferring them out unnecessary).

_____

Or maybe it wasn't a good move…

Looks like my Fernandes move was a good choice. Almost very time I've transferred out an injured player this Fantasy season, they've miraculously recovered for the fixture I have thought they would miss, or the injuries have been minor – making them miss that one fixture only (which of course have made transferring them out unnecessary).

_____

Or maybe it wasn't a good move…

Thank god for that, hopefully he will grab a goal or three [-O<
    edited March 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Everton 1-0 Manchester United. Goal by Calvert-Lewin.

Edit: Both games are 1-1 now. Bruno for United, Bergwijn for Spurs, Doherty for Wolves.
    Not spending the cash to bring in Doherty as my Wolves defender of choice has really backfired…
    @Torgeirtrap Doherty now has an assist too, for Jota's 2-2 goal. Aurier scored the 2nd Spurs goal.
    @Torgeirtrap Doherty now has an assist too, for Jota's 2-2 goal. Aurier scored the 2nd Spurs goal.

Damn, really need to get Doherty…somehow.