The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,690
    My team for Gameweek #25:

Ryan
    Lundstram, Dunk, Rico
    Martial, De Bruyne, Salah (C), Traoré
    Ings, Vardy, Jimenez.

My only transfer done was to sell Moutinho for Traoré (big points for him lately).
    Just checked rank 29K so a decent green arrow from a average double GW, Mane injury would have hurt a lot of teams and helped us Salah Captainers.

That's a great overall rank! Green arrow here too luckily, but I must admit I hoped for a little more from playing the triple captain. That being said, I don't think I've ever hit double digits from playing that chip before! :))

I did well when I used the triple captain last season I got a hatrick from Aguero (I think I know I scored alot of points), I really need to make sure I use the chip well. City v Arsenal game will be moved to a double GW because City are in the Cup final so points to be had there.

You cant be far behind me on points after today and a few others closing the gap in our league, I think our league is doing well overall

Definitely points there – for City at least… I'm looking at playing my wildcard in preparation for or after the City double gameweek. Just need to settle on a plan.

I'm on 59k now, by the looks of the predicted rankings, so a decent jump. Hopefully an overall rank to build on!

I am sweating on Abraham, it appears they may play him if no striker is signed though that in itself is not encouraging. Do I bench Tammy and rely on my bench for this GW or take a hit for Jiminez or Ings? That's the question

That's a difficult one! If possible, you could leave the decision about transferring him out or keeping until late, in case there's further news/rumours.

Just realised GW 27 starts on 1st Feb and finishes Feb 17th because of the winter break. So if Tammy doesn't play his next match is Feb 17th.

It's a strange gameweek, that's for sure – and good point about Abraham. Has the Chelsea press conference been held, or is it tomorrow?

Press conference today I think.

Man United have been linked with FPL asset Josh King, I would loan him as cover though to buy seems daft. He is an ex United player and Howe has hinted it will happen

When rumours went around that King was an option for United, I really though it would happen, but instead you got Odion Ighalo! Wonder what the odds of that happening was.
    My team for Gameweek #25:

Ryan
    Lundstram, Dunk, Rico
    Martial, De Bruyne, Salah (C), Traoré
    Ings, Vardy, Jimenez.

My only transfer done was to sell Moutinho for Traoré (big points for him lately).

Love that midfield! I'm looking at fielding a midfield trio of Salah, De Bryune and Doucouré myself, so I can't expect the same amount of points from that part of the pitch!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Still undecided on my line up, an issue is I have Vardy and Abraham, going to have to wait till the last minute to see who starts. May need to make at least one emergency transfer...
    Still undecided on my line up, an issue is I have Vardy and Abraham, going to have to wait till the last minute to see who starts. May need to make at least one emergency transfer...

I'm in the same boat, only that I'm either selling Mané for a mid, or making a bold defensive transfer for a hit (which rarely pays off anyway)…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I'm in the same boat, only that I'm either selling Mané for a mid, or making a bold defensive transfer for a hit (which rarely pays off anyway)…

I am been so good with hits as in not taking them, I could go 4 5 1, I have Kelly and Lundstram and they play each other a likely clean sheet for one of them. Generally the fixtures are not great so even if I got Jiminez or Ings in now they both could blank.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,267
    Heard late rumour Abraham and Vardy start so done nothing, not confident this GW. Lundstram rumoured to be benched. Greenwood my first Sub...
    Phew! Thank god rumours were true

Ndidi still out, I can see goals in this game 2 - 2 my prediction

I am been so good with hits as in not taking them, I could go 4 5 1, I have Kelly and Lundstram and they play each other a likely clean sheet for one of them. Generally the fixtures are not great so even if I got Jiminez or Ings in now they both could blank.
    Benched Kelly myself, as I have a hunch Sheffield United will score. But my hunches are often wrong!

Heard late rumour Abraham and Vardy start so done nothing, not confident this GW. Lundstram rumoured to be benched. Greenwood my first Sub...

And they both start!
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 17,272

Do you know the source of the rumours? I heard of this FPL account just now that has a track record of predicting lineups; I think the Twitter account name was FPL Rockstar or something like that.

Do you know the source of the rumours? I heard of this FPL account just now that has a track record of predicting lineups; I think the Twitter account name was FPL Rockstar or something like that.

Someone in chat on Fantasy Football Scout said the source was from Reddit, the name Rockstar was also mentioned.
    Though Joe a few weeks ago named another unknown Twitter poster I can't remember the profile name. I will look back at some point as a few times they have been correct.

Someone in chat on Fantasy Football Scout said the source was from Reddit, the name Rockstar was also mentioned.
    Though Joe a few weeks ago named another unknown Twitter poster I can't remember the profile name. I will look back at some point as a few times they have been correct.

It's something to keep an eye out for, that's for sure! Correctly predicted lineups is a great advantage.

It's something to keep an eye out for, that's for sure! Correctly predicted lineups is a great advantage.

I saw the news literally 2 mins before deadline, because I was unsure of both my strikers it was very handy. The team news was released literally right after the transfer window for this GW had shut.
    Here are the gameweek 25 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 8
    De Bruyne: 3
    van Dijk: 2
    Kane: 1
    Sterling: 1
    Harry Wilson: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Mané: 1

Salah and other Liverpool players are the go-to options for many of us this weekend, with a good fixture against Southampton. Good luck everyone!

I saw the news literally 2 mins before deadline, because I was unsure of both my strikers it was very handy. The team news was released literally right after the transfer window for this GW had shut.

It certainly pays off keeping up with late rumours and news, all the way to the last minutes before a deadline; that leaves you a small window to make transfers. Sometimes however, the news breaks too close to the deadline to make any changes!

It certainly pays off keeping up with late rumours and news, all the way to the last minutes before a deadline; that leaves you a small window to make transfers. Sometimes however, the news breaks too close to the deadline to make any changes!

Well for all the panic, there has been two goals in the early kick off nothing from Vardy or Abraham so far gr

Well for all the panic, there has been two goals in the early kick off nothing from Vardy or Abraham so far gr

Regret starting Söyüncü now!
    2 - 2 :)) still nothing from my players Mount and Tielimans with two assists each
    2 - 2 :)) still nothing from my players Mount and Tielimans with two assists each

Eventful second half!
    _____

Lundstram benched as Sander Berge goes straight into the starting eleven after he signed for Sheffield United. Think this will be the last GW with Lundstram in my team.

Eventful second half!
    _____

Lundstram benched as Sander Berge goes straight into the starting eleven after he signed for Sheffield United. Think this will be the last GW with Lundstram in my team.

Agreed I have been thinking of getting Baldock back in for a few weeks now
    Both Vardy and Abraham were substituted with roughly ten minutes to go, disastrous start to the GW for me.

Eventful second half!
    _____

Kelly on the bench as well! I think I'm in wildcard territory now.
    Both Vardy and Abraham were substituted with roughly ten minutes to go, disastrous start to the GW for me.

Bad luck that! Given that there were four goals, you'd think they should have got something.

Eventful second half!
    _____

Bad luck that! Given that there were four goals, you'd think they should have got something.

Everton conceded there goes my Holgate clean sheet, my team this GW is not good, fixtures are terrible. I will try not to have a knee jerk reaction

Eventful second half!
    _____

Everton conceded there goes my Holgate clean sheet, my team this GW is not good, fixtures are terrible. I will try not to have a knee jerk reaction

Not the best start for me either with Söyüncü only on one point, and Lundstram benched. Time will tell how the rest of the gameweek goes, but the wildcard is looking more and more like the best option for me right now.
    Watford have already conceded two goals. This GW…
    A lot of goals with none of my players involved, though to be fair the people scoring have either not done much before or have been out of form for ages
    A lot of goals with none of my players involved, though to be fair the people scoring have either not done much before or have been out of form for ages

Agree. I don't think the goals scored so far today will make too much difference in the overall ranking. Second halves might change things though.
    Sorry if you mentioned this but only just noticed Kelly and Lunstram were benched, my team has issues going forward
    Sorry if you mentioned this but only just noticed Kelly and Lunstram were benched, my team has issues going forward

Yep, both benched. I don't follow that fixture right now, so I don't know if they're still on the bench or not. As you write, it's definitely an issue; I really don't know what to do right now, so I'll likely just sit tight until after tomorrow's games.
    Firmino assist, Chamberlain goal

All my players blanking

Henderson just scored... another Firmino assist

This GW is going to be my worst all season
    Holgate got an assist which after conceding 2 aint much