The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

How did everyone do first GW?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,060
    Poor points total for week 1, only one of my big hitters delivered.
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    This week. Not so good.
    Next week. Hoping for better.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,235
    Haven't got around to this earlier. Here's the team ranking after the first set of matches!
    1. LVLA Skopje 05 - GW:85 - TOT:85
    2. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 77 - TOT: 77
    3. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 76 - TOT: 76
    4. The Wizard Rises - GW: 60 - TOT: 60
    5. We Need Help - GW: 59 - TOT: 59
    6. Kloppites - GW: 57 - TOT: 57
    7. alisson wonderland - GW: 50 - TOT: 50
    8. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 40 - TOT: 40
    9. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 39 - TOT: 39
    10. Octobenny - GW:22 - TOT: 22

Team LVLA Skopje 05 is of to a flying start with an impressive 85 points after the first GW! At the other end, team Octobenny starts the season with 22 points. Plenty of games to go, and the scores are close after the first round of matches.

What are your thoughts after finishing GW1? Are anyone thinking of transfers, or are you happy going into the next round with the team you chose?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Not a bad start for me in second place. I assure you that won’t last.
    Not a bad start for me in second place. I assure you that won’t last.

I'm sure it can!

With the new FPL season under way, so is the first price changes. These players seems to be the most popular transfers among managers.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I used my free transfer, I suspect Debruyne value has dropped?
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I used my free transfer, I suspect Debruyne value has dropped?

Not much tbh,only from 10M to 9.9M ..I transferred him out too,brought in Deli Alli.

De Bruyne out for 3 months definite now,according to BBC Sport.,time to transfer him out of your team peeps,unless you want to keep him and replace him with a substitute.
    Used a free transfer myself, but only to catch a price rise. I usually like to save up two transfers and do a "mini wildcard" if needed - making an additional -4 transfer, but couldn't do that this time.

Also, I guess we'll know a lot more with all teams the coming game weeks, when we're more sure about who is likely to start. Man City aside, though. Can't trust Pep, haha!
    That's why I only have Stones from Man City in my team now,too much rotation.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Do you think he's nailed on, or is there a chance he and Laporte will have to fight for their place against Otamendy or Kompany?

Do you think he's nailed on, or is there a chance he and Laporte will have to fight for their place against Otamendy or Kompany?

Exactly !
    Who knows with City...but I think he would start most if not all games,he never seems to be left out,and he had a very good World Cup,playing with confidence.

He is playing his best football ever really,i never used to rate him but he has matured now,especially due to the WC - he surprised me then.

Exactly !
    Who knows with City...but I think he would start most if not all games,he never seems to be left out,and he had a very good World Cup,playing with confidence.

He is playing his best football ever really,i never used to rate him but he has matured now,especially due to the WC - he surprised me then.

Yeah, he's matured as a player; much better performances than in his early days at City. Kompany is often injured though, so they might want to limit his game time, but Otamendi should probably feature more often. We'll know eventually!
    Hopefully I'll pick up some decent points today, I need them
    Etheridge with his second penalty save in two GW's! One to watch.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,060
    Get in Arnoutavic
    Get in Arnoutavic

When did they decide he was first on pens? Thought it was Noble.
    No idea, Richarlison is on fire for Everton I considered transferring for him though did not have enough money.
    No idea, Richarlison is on fire for Everton I considered transferring for him though did not have enough money.

That was my (early) transfer this week. Getting Doherty on for a -1 after Peltier didn't play - and Doherty is (apparently) subbed off injured too, after a tackle by Vardy - who's been sent off.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Oooh Lascelles clean sheet,Miki scoring for Arsenal,Arnautovic for West Ham,Walcott for Everton,Alonso for Chelsea.

A good start !
    Oooh Lascelles clean sheet,Miki scoring for Arsenal,Arnautovic for West Ham,Walcott for Everton,Alonso for Chelsea.

A good start !

Oooh, that's a lot of points already! Will be lucky to get 40 points this week, I think. 11 points from 4 players so far. Looking at Aubameyang missing those chances hurt both me and my team!

A good start !

Oooh, that's a lot of points already! Will be lucky to get 40 points this week, I think. 11 points from 4 players so far. Looking at Aubameyang missing those chances hurt both me and my team!

I didnt see the match....do u think he will improve,did he do a lot ?

A good start !

He missed a couple of chances that he should have easily put in the net, so I don1t think it's anything wrong with his form. Easier fixtures coming up though; West Ham, Cardiff, Everton, Watford Fulham, etc. Both he and Lacazette should get some goals in that period.

A good start !

He missed a couple of chances that he should have easily put in the net, so I don1t think it's anything wrong with his form. Easier fixtures coming up though; West Ham, Cardiff, Everton, Watford Fulham, etc. Both he and Lacazette should get some goals in that period.

Stones only tomorrow and then 2 liverpool players on monday..pickford only let one goal in today as well,missed that.

A good start !

Stones only tomorrow and then 2 liverpool players on monday..pickford only let one goal in today as well,missed that.

I think all these players can deliver points. Stones can easily get a clean sheet - possibly a goal and/or an assist, Milivojevic is on penalties, and the Liverpool guys can go goal crazy - even van Dijk on set pieces.

A good start !

I think all these players can deliver points. Stones can easily get a clean sheet - possibly a goal and/or an assist, Milivojevic is on penalties, and the Liverpool guys can go goal crazy - even van Dijk on set pieces.

Thats the plan ;)

A good start !

Thats the plan ;)

Salah (c), Robertson, Mané, Mahrez, Zaha, Foster and van Aanholt left for me. Not expecting much from Palace this week, but you never know.
    Game week update!
    Oh, what a game week we've had! Agüero hat trick, Etheridge with another penalty save, and Deeney with an assist and a goal. Below is the updated league table. What a GW for team Oh Na Na What’s Mané - 94 points is a really, really good score!
    Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 94 - TOT: 171
    LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 47 - TOT: 132
    We Need Help - GW: 72 - TOT: 131
    Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 51 - TOT: 127
    The Wizard Rises - GW: 52 - TOT: 112
    Kloppites - GW: 53 - TOT: 105
    alisson wonderland - GW: 55 - TOT: 101
    TEAM EXTREME - GW: 59 - TOT: 99
    Flitwick Flyers - GW: 54 - TOT: 93
    Octobenny - GW: 62 - TOT: 56
    ________
    Most transferred n players before GW 3 so far: