The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    Indeed..good point...this thread is about me winning the Fantasy League ;)

giphy.gif
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Less than a week to go, folks! How is everyones teams shaping up? Still struggling with how to spread the budget myself, jumping between drafts of a 3-4-3 and a 3-5-2 formation.

Are there any new signings or players from promoted teams you consider starting the season with? :-)

I have stuck with the team and formation I set up last week, I am confident of picking up points next weekend lol

Wish I was so confident in the team! I changed almost my entire team two times yesterday - as well as formation! Looking forward to the Community Shield later today. Might give an indication of what Pep and Sarri will do next weekend - or not! Who knows?

I have gone with players who are likely to play every week.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,235
    Less than a week to go, folks! How is everyones teams shaping up? Still struggling with how to spread the budget myself, jumping between drafts of a 3-4-3 and a 3-5-2 formation.

Are there any new signings or players from promoted teams you consider starting the season with? :-)

I have stuck with the team and formation I set up last week, I am confident of picking up points next weekend lol

Wish I was so confident in the team! I changed almost my entire team two times yesterday - as well as formation! Looking forward to the Community Shield later today. Might give an indication of what Pep and Sarri will do next weekend - or not! Who knows?

That's probably wisest. Still feel I need some City players (either one or more), but who knows which players Pep will start the season with? It'll come down to guesswork, for sure.

Hardly the best performance from Chelsea either. Are Chelsea players worth starting the season with? Fixtures says yes, form and players available probably says no.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

That's probably wisest. Still feel I need some City players (either one or more), but who knows which players Pep will start the season with? It'll come down to guesswork, for sure.

Hardly the best performance from Chelsea either. Are Chelsea players worth starting the season with? Fixtures says yes, form and players available probably says no.

I picked one City player who I know Pep plays alot, and I picked a Chelsea defender who I think will get good game time due to age.

I picked one City player who I know Pep plays alot, and I picked a Chelsea defender who I think will get good game time due to age.

That's what I'm trying to figure out, as well. Really like the City mids, but rotation is heavy there. Currently I have two drafts I'm considering, and a "left field" riskier option which might deliver points, but could easily backfire depending on playing time for certain players.

giphy.gif
    This has been me and my FPL team throughout this week…

That's what I'm trying to figure out, as well. Really like the City mids, but rotation is heavy there. Currently I have two drafts I'm considering, and a "left field" riskier option which might deliver points, but could easily backfire depending on playing time for certain players.

giphy.gif

Ha ha this is my first Fantasy Prem Team i picked it in ten minutes :)) don't over think it. I still need to read the rules lol

giphy.gif

Ha ha this is my first Fantasy Prem Team i picked it in ten minutes :)) don't over think it. I still need to read the rules lol

I'll probably spend next week trying to find pre-season stats, haha! I hope if I can nail down two possible options, it'll make it easier to settle on that final one Friday evening.
    Getting closer now! On my 100th-something draft at the moment…

How many :)) I have made zero drafts lol
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 7,500

giphy.gif

That is one of the main reasons I don´t like the consept of taking part in this game. It is fairly easy to pin down a bunch of players you expect to perform better than others against certain opponents. But how on earth are you supposed to take into account all the variables; day to day form, day to day motivation/ambition, squad rotations, who is happy to save energy on 2-0 and who wants to go for the fifth and sixth goal, refereeing mistakes, surprises, who gets injured after ten minutes, fluke goals/fluke misses, who loses his mind in heated moments etc, etc, etc... (the list could go on for three pages...)

It is basically a game of chance and pure guessing. And knowing how competative I can be, I would most likely go completely insane over this and lose all control, sleep and enjoyment of the actual game... The joy of following the game is to watch these events unfold without having to analyse everything.

How many :)) I have made zero drafts lol

Made one early one this morning as well, haha!
    jobo wrote: »

giphy.gif

That is one of the main reasons I don´t like the consept of taking part in this game. It is fairly easy to pin down a bunch of players you expect to perform better than others against certain opponents. But how on earth are you supposed to take into account all the variables; day to day form, day to day motivation/ambition, squad rotations, who is happy to save energy on 2-0 and who wants to go for the fifth and sixth goal, refereeing mistakes, surprises, who gets injured after ten minutes, fluke goals/fluke misses, who loses his mind in heated moments etc, etc, etc... (the list could go on for three pages...)

It is basically a game of chance and pure guessing. And knowing how competative I can be, I would most likely go completely insane over this and lose all control, sleep and enjoyment of the actual game... The joy of following the game is to watch these events unfold without having to analyse everything.

It's the main issue with FPL, but also a bit of the fun. It's really enjoyable when you expect a player to hit form for a certain run of matches, and it pays off! The most difficult thing is to settle on a team for the first matches, as you never know how those games will play out in comparison to pre-season friendly. After a few weeks, things usually settle a bit more, and you have a better view about which teams and players are likely to do well.
    giphy.gif
    Hours left until the deadline! How are the teams looking? :-)
    giphy.gif

All done days ago...00Bazza reporting for duty.
    giphy.gif

Must be confident in your 15 players! The transfer window is not yet closed over here; still a couple of strikers yet to find their way into the team.
    Going to have one last look at my team taking yesterday's transfers into account
    Going to have one last look at my team taking yesterday's transfers into account

They are a slight factor for me, as well. Not this game week necessarily, but going forward.
    I may include a previous lucky player from the WC
    giphy.gif

Must be confident in your 15 players! The transfer window is not yet closed over here; still a couple of strikers yet to find their way into the team.

I have had to change a few players around but that's about it.
    I may include a previous lucky player from the WC

Does his last name start with a "M" and end with a "ina"? :-D
    giphy.gif

I have had to change a few players around but that's about it.

Nice! Looking at form vs fixtures for a couple of players now. Will probably be the decider for those spots in the team.
    I am not even sure how to draft

Yeah that's the one lol Mina got be a lot of points
    When mentioning drafts, I wasn't referring to the draft game, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns - just making different drafts of the the team in Fantasy. I've never played Fantasy Premier League Draft before.

I expect Mina to deliver points for Everton and Silva - at least on set pieces, where he might make some well placed headers. Not in my team yet; a bit wait and see, I think.
    When mentioning drafts, I wasn't referring to the draft game, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns - just making different drafts of the the team in Fantasy. I've never played Fantasy Premier League Draft before.

I expect Mina to deliver points for Everton and Silva - at least on set pieces, where he might make some well placed headers. Not in my team yet; a bit wait and see, I think.

Nor mine either.
    A bit looking forward to watching Everton, really. I can see it go both ways.
    Everton about to become new City with all the uncertainty about the starting 11? :D
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Everton about to become new City with all the uncertainty about the starting 11? :D

Yesterday's signing won't start, I think. Silva hinted as much earlier today.
    Deadline has PASSED!
    Hate my team already. Went with a few late changes, bringing more into the midfield, and weakening the defence. Damn…

I get you I looked at the Fantasy Draft and swiftly pressed the back button lol

I get you I looked at the Fantasy Draft and swiftly pressed the back button lol

Haven't looked at the rules for that one. Maybe we can set up a Draft league or something too, if people are interested.
    We are 10 people in the league now, by the way! :-)