The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,060
    I never expected this GW to be so low scoring, with so many hitting Triple Captain I am happy to a degree.

Though I still expect Liverpool to beat West Ham
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,235
    Jiminez goal, bye bye my double clean sheet, Traoré assist :))

I'm not gonna lie, I was celebrating that goal like the one Martinelli scored for Arsenal against Chelsea :))

I sold Traoré for Son doh! Though I want both players as going to bring Traoré back in (deal done)

Traoré is likely to be my next transfer too, injuries depending.
    I never expected this GW to be so low scoring, with so many hitting Triple Captain I am happy to a degree.

Though I still expect Liverpool to beat West Ham

Looks like playing the TC now was a mistake. It's probably just TAA triple cappers that will benefit from this gameweek.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Game over Liverpool won again, there run is crazy though I think it's down to the rest of the league being average as much as anything.
    Game over Liverpool won again, there run is crazy though I think it's down to the rest of the league being average as much as anything.

They certainly aren't giving Liverpool much competition!

Red arrow for me, going to have to wait six days to see if things will improve, really needing a clean sheet from Liverpool v West Ham

Red arrow for me, going to have to wait six days to see if things will improve, really needing a clean sheet from Liverpool v West Ham

Red arrow for me too. That Jiménez goal made the red arrow a bit smaller luckily, but triple captain is likely a fail unless Salah can deliver something against West Ham.
    Mane injury appears to be just a hamstring twinge according to reports.

Keeping until further notice then. However, I'm taking the chance of doing Vardy > Auba. Know I'm likely to regret that move, but I need to turn things around somehow.

If anything surprising happens between now and the next deadline, I'll just wildcard.

Keeping until further notice then. However, I'm taking the chance of doing Vardy > Auba. Know I'm likely to regret that move, but I need to turn things around somehow.

If anything surprising happens between now and the next deadline, I'll just wildcard.

I just swapped Traoré for Cantwell so my two strikers are Vardy and Abraham both listed injured, hopefully they will be OK by Feb 1st as will keep both one more week, trying not to take hits, not took a hit in several weeks now.

I just swapped Traoré for Cantwell so my two strikers are Vardy and Abraham both listed injured, hopefully they will be OK by Feb 1st as will keep both one more week, trying not to take hits, not took a hit in several weeks now.

That looks like a smart plan! My Aubameyang move is a desperate attempt really to climb back in the overall rankings, but at least I can get Vardy back if needed. Might need to take a hit for Mané though (injury depending), if I don't just bench him/play the wildcard.

That looks like a smart plan! My Aubameyang move is a desperate attempt really to climb back in the overall rankings, but at least I can get Vardy back if needed. Might need to take a hit for Mané though (injury depending), if I don't just bench him/play the wildcard.

Leicester v Chelsea I see goals from both teams, so assuming my strikers are fit I am confident of some returns there, both teams defences not been great. The week after that Ings is back in.

Aubameyang will be fresh thats for sure
    Someone in our league brought in Henderson, well done to them.

Leicester v Chelsea I see goals from both teams, so assuming my strikers are fit I am confident of some returns there, both teams defences not been great. The week after that Ings is back in.

Aubameyang will be fresh thats for sure

That's why I brought Aubameyang in. He won't play this weekend either, which is an advantage. I'm sure Vardy will be fine though, but as we saw in the last match, they have options should they decide to rest him (however unlikely that might be).
    Someone in our league brought in Henderson, well done to them.

Wow, that certainly paid off!

Something to keep an eye on this! Can only hope there won't be too many price drops for Mané until we know for sure if he'll be involved in the next game.
    A bit late but here's the gameweek 23 winner – congratulations to DICKLESS TOWN! =D>

IpNtss0.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload
    GW 19: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 20: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 21: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 22: Team Extreme
    GW 23: DICKLESS TOWN

As we're well underway with gameweek 24, I'll be back with the league standings when this gameweek is finished. :-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2020 Posts: 15,681
    Reports are Man United are in ongoing talks to sign Bruno Fernández, Bruno would be a good FPL asset he is prolific with goals and assists. Though we were linked with him in the sumner so until he has the shirt on I will take it with a pinch of salt.

Bruno Fernandes is traveling to Manchester today. Contract until June 2024.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    26 points from Salah, glad I captained him for this double gameweek for Liverpool.
    I captained Salah though did not use triple captain which I am happy about so far...
    26 points from Salah, glad I captained him for this double gameweek for Liverpool.

Same here!
    Just checked rank 29K so a decent green arrow from a average double GW, Mane injury would have hurt a lot of teams and helped us Salah Captainers.
    Greenwood off with a injury at half time in the derby, I was likely to bench him with a strong five man midfield. United won 1 - 0 though not enough to go through, both teams were poor, City really got nervous surprisingly.
    Just checked rank 29K so a decent green arrow from a average double GW, Mane injury would have hurt a lot of teams and helped us Salah Captainers.

That's a great overall rank! Green arrow here too luckily, but I must admit I hoped for a little more from playing the triple captain. That being said, I don't think I've ever hit double digits from playing that chip before! :))

That's a great overall rank! Green arrow here too luckily, but I must admit I hoped for a little more from playing the triple captain. That being said, I don't think I've ever hit double digits from playing that chip before! :))

I did well when I used the triple captain last season I got a hatrick from Aguero (I think I know I scored alot of points), I really need to make sure I use the chip well. City v Arsenal game will be moved to a double GW because City are in the Cup final so points to be had there.

You cant be far behind me on points after today and a few others closing the gap in our league, I think our league is doing well overall

I did well when I used the triple captain last season I got a hatrick from Aguero (I think I know I scored alot of points), I really need to make sure I use the chip well. City v Arsenal game will be moved to a double GW because City are in the Cup final so points to be had there.

You cant be far behind me on points after today and a few others closing the gap in our league, I think our league is doing well overall

Definitely points there – for City at least… I'm looking at playing my wildcard in preparation for or after the City double gameweek. Just need to settle on a plan.

I'm on 59k now, by the looks of the predicted rankings, so a decent jump. Hopefully an overall rank to build on!

Definitely points there – for City at least… I'm looking at playing my wildcard in preparation for or after the City double gameweek. Just need to settle on a plan.

I'm on 59k now, by the looks of the predicted rankings, so a decent jump. Hopefully an overall rank to build on!

I am sweating on Abraham, it appears they may play him if no striker is signed though that in itself is not encouraging. Do I bench Tammy and rely on my bench for this GW or take a hit for Jiminez or Ings? That's the question

I am sweating on Abraham, it appears they may play him if no striker is signed though that in itself is not encouraging. Do I bench Tammy and rely on my bench for this GW or take a hit for Jiminez or Ings? That's the question

That's a difficult one! If possible, you could leave the decision about transferring him out or keeping until late, in case there's further news/rumours.

That's a difficult one! If possible, you could leave the decision about transferring him out or keeping until late, in case there's further news/rumours.

Just realised GW 27 starts on 1st Feb and finishes Feb 17th because of the winter break. So if Tammy doesn't play his next match is Feb 17th.

Just realised GW 27 starts on 1st Feb and finishes Feb 17th because of the winter break. So if Tammy doesn't play his next match is Feb 17th.

It's a strange gameweek, that's for sure – and good point about Abraham. Has the Chelsea press conference been held, or is it tomorrow?

It's a strange gameweek, that's for sure – and good point about Abraham. Has the Chelsea press conference been held, or is it tomorrow?

Press conference today I think.

Man United have been linked with FPL asset Josh King, I would loan him as cover though to buy seems daft. He is an ex United player and Howe has hinted it will happen