The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Richarlison goal forgotten man Digne with the assist
    Glad I benched Söyüncü I had a feeling Southampton would score.

I had too, but didn't want to play Kelly or Rico…

Söyüncü was certainly the best choice from them, I expected Arsenal to score today.

Will Lacazette step up with Aubameyang suspended?

Chelsea penalty

I don't know. Lacazette isn't in goalscoring form these days, so I'm not counting on it. Could be a chance for Martinelli to get a few games, but given the opposition, I'm not expecting Arsenal to get anything from the games Aubameyang misses.

Did Pope > Foster earlier this week. Hoping it will pay off.

Rashford scored, Mata assist

Jorginho goal, Willian assist

Came close to transferring out Rashford despite the fixture (in order to bring in Salah).

When I looked at Rashford stats I was surprised I am reluctant to sell now.

Abraham goal get in a bit of a differential for me

I really regret selling Abraham for Jiménez. Might have to reverse that move.

Went with Sarr in midfield as my Alli replacement, but Richarlison was also one I considered…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Söyüncü was certainly the best choice from them, I expected Arsenal to score today.

Chelsea penalty

I don't know. Lacazette isn't in goalscoring form these days, so I'm not counting on it. Could be a chance for Martinelli to get a few games, but given the opposition, I'm not expecting Arsenal to get anything from the games Aubameyang misses.

Came close to transferring out Rashford despite the fixture (in order to bring in Salah).

Went with Sarr in midfield as my Alli replacement, but Richarlison was also one I considered…

I think Jiminez has done better or they are at least similar points over recent weeks, Burnley are poor Abraham had a great chance to score today though not convinced he will hit his earlier season form. I think both Abraham and Jiminez are players that will give points now and then.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,108
    Rashford goal (penalty) Williams assist.
    Martial goal also Get in... Mata assist
    Rashford taken off straight down the tunnel? On 58 minutes gr
    Southampton penalty? Söyüncü yellow card

No penalty

Chelsea penalty

I think Jiminez has done better or they are at least similar points over recent weeks, Burnley are poor Abraham had a great chance to score today though not convinced he will hit his earlier season form. I think both Abraham and Jiminez are players that will give points now and then.

They are, but in the period I've had Jiménez, Abraham has been getting the goals. Will have to monitor how good Jiménez performs going forward.

Rashford taken off straight down the tunnel? On 58 minutes gr

Injury?
    Not sure about Rashford though Greenwood scored
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Greenwood makes it 4-0 for United. Super sub.
    Martial off
    Maddison injured?
    Ings scored and beating Leicester, Ings took his shirt off, Yellow :))
    Not sure about Rashford though Greenwood scored

Damn, a mini league rival in a different league I'm in started Greenwood…
    Ings scored and beating Leicester, Ings took his shirt off, Yellow :))

Every gameweek not owning Ings turns into a red arrow now…
    Thankfully my strikers all scored points which softens Ings blow.

Salah assist so matching Vardy thankfully, Salah my Captain need a goal now for a nice green arrow

Gomez yellow card gr

Salah assist so matching Vardy thankfully, Salah my Captain need a goal now for a nice green arrow

Gomez yellow card gr

Not owning Salah has increased the red arrow by the looks of it. Not going well this gameweek…

Gomez yellow card gr

Not owning Salah has increased the red arrow by the looks of it. Not going well this gameweek…

I am on 55 points currently and 54k in the world, a double clean sheet now would propel me into the top 50K [-O<
    Mane off Origi on ten minutes to go, still 1 - 0 to Liverpool... Come on Salah get that goal

Salah substituted in injury time, Spurs unlucky not to be level they have had good chances in the second half
    66 points with KDB to play. currently 47K in the world which is my highest rank in the 18 months I have played FPL

Liverpool work rate is the reason they do so well ends 1 - 0

Got through another round in the cup with a day to go this GW
    66 points with KDB to play. currently 47K in the world which is my highest rank in the 18 months I have played FPL

Damn, that's impressive! 37 points here (pre bonus). Haven't checked the ranking yet, but expect it will be 150-165k-ish, going by the results from earlier today.

Still in the cup? I went out long ago, haha!

Damn, that's impressive! 37 points here (pre bonus). Haven't checked the ranking yet, but expect it will be 150-165k-ish, going by the results from earlier today.

You have quite a few players left?

I have got lucky in the cup, winning by a couple of points on two occasions.

200K to 50K is very close a few decent GW's can change things, I just need to keep getting scores to maintain my position. Traoré I think was a mistake since I got him in got nothing. Thankfully I have two transfers the burning question is do I risk selling an inform Rashford, we have Liverpool next then Burnley at home which will be good for United strikers.

I may sacrifice Abraham to upgrade Traoré

Owning five players for the Liverpool v United game is a concern

Edited: Hmm Rashford has 8 more FPL points than Salah and playing in a currently inferior side, no way I can sell Rashford now.

200K to 50K is very close a few decent GW's can change things, I just need to keep getting scores to maintain my position. Traoré I think was a mistake since I got him in got nothing. Thankfully I have two transfers the burning question is do I risk selling an inform Rashford, we have Liverpool next then Burnley at home which will be good for United strikers.

Edited: Hmm Rashford has 8 more FPL points than Salah and playing in a currently inferior side, no way I can sell Rashford now.

Foster, Sarr, KDB and Grealish. Out of those, I only expect something from KDB.

Nothing better than those narrow wins, haha!

I likely have to sell Rashford to get Salah. There's really no other way for me to get him. Unless I go for a defensive double-up, of course.

I likely have to sell Rashford to get Salah. There's really no other way for me to get him. Unless I go for a defensive double-up, of course.

It's a tricky one I may just use one transfer and keep the other, I will see what Rashford injury is like.

Just saw Aubameyang tackle that could have been nasty
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,241

It's a tricky one I may just use one transfer and keep the other, I will see what Rashford injury is like.

Just saw Aubameyang tackle that could have been nasty

I definitely want to save my transfer until we know more about the injury. If it keeps him from playing next weekend, then the transfer will be easy to make.

Very unfortunate and reckless. You knew it was a red even before the replays. It's strange he only got a yellow to start with. But then there were more than a few strange decisions from the ref. Ayew made seven fouls – yet received no yellow card, for example.
    Rashford a major doubt for the weekend, I may use my two free transfers.

I've already transferred him out. Decided that with him potentially being out, I'd rather downgrade him to Ings and settle on a plan for the double gameweek.

________

Had a bit of trouble with uploading the gameweek winner banner, but finally managed to get it uploaded – and our gameweek 22 winner is Team Extreme! Congratulations! =D>

IA1GF8Q.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload
    GW 19: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 20: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 21: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 22: Team Extreme

And here is the current league standings:
    1. Team Extreme: GW 75 - TOT 1297
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 62 - TOT 1276
    3. AFC Fritzson: GW 60 - TOT 1223
    4. 11 FishFingers: GW 63 - TOT 1217
    5. Anfield FC: GW 55 - TOT 1190
    6. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 51 - TOT 1181
    7. bliblikadek: GW 61 - TOT 1175
    8. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 47 - TOT 1167
    9. Overload: GW 42 - TOT 1165
    10. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 35 - TOT 1164
    11. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 45 - TOT 1149
    12. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 45 - TOT 1134
    13. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 41 - TOT 1131
    14. Benny's Blues: GW 42 - TOT 1096
    15. GoldyTheRef: GW 42 - TOT 1081
    16. MEJICO POWA: GW 54 - TOT 1080
    17. Flitwick Flyers: GW 46 - TOT 1060
    18. George'sRetroRockets: GW 27 - TOT 1057
    19. Manchester United: GW 73 - TOT 790

The average gameweek points was 57 points in gameweek 22, which is quite high. Our league did quite well I think, with plenty of good scores!

It's a regular Saturday deadline this gameweek, with the gameweek 23 deadline at 11:30 UK time.

I've already transferred him out. Decided that with him potentially being out, I'd rather downgrade him to Ings and settle on a plan for the double gameweek.

________

Had a bit of trouble with uploading the gameweek winner banner, but finally managed to get it uploaded – and our gameweek 22 winner is Team Extreme! Congratulations! =D>

IA1GF8Q.jpg

Gameweek winners:

The average gameweek points was 57 points in gameweek 22, which is quite high. Our league did quite well I think, with plenty of good scores!

It's a regular Saturday deadline this gameweek, with the gameweek 23 deadline at 11:30 UK time.

Congratulations to Team Extreme and recent GW winners.

I am thinking Ings I should never have sold him (hindsight is a wonderful thing) just need to decide who to bring in for Traoré
    Still not used my two free transfers, glad I held off as the Southampton manager is saying Ings maybe rotated.

I am seriously thinking of keeping Rashford for the next game at home v Burnley
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I just used my 2 free transfers, here's my team for Gameweek #23:

Ryan
    Soyuncu, Dunk, Lundstram
    Moutinho, Salah, De Bruyne, Martial
    Abraham, Vardy (C), Jimenez.

________

IA1GF8Q.jpg

Gameweek winners:

Congratulations to Team Extreme and recent GW winners.

I am thinking Ings I should never have sold him (hindsight is a wonderful thing) just need to decide who to bring in for Traoré

There's aways a few transfers you regret doing each season. It's strange how some players find form/keeps on scoring when you transfer them out, haha!

How much money can you spend for a Traoré replacement? Maybe someone like Sarr could be an option?

Still not used my two free transfers, glad I held off as the Southampton manager is saying Ings maybe rotated.

I am seriously thinking of keeping Rashford for the next game at home v Burnley

The one time I make an early transfer! :(

If your bench is strong enough, then keeping Rashford might be worth it. I took his injury as an oportunity to plan for double gameweek, with Ings replacing him (which now might've been a bad idea) and Salah in for Grealish, for what is my third hit of the season.
    I just used my 2 free transfers, here's my team for Gameweek #23:

Ryan
    Soyuncu, Dunk, Lundstram
    Moutinho, Salah, De Bruyne, Martial
    Abraham, Vardy (C), Jimenez.

Looking strong! Double Brighton might pay off as well :-)
    Here's my team at the moment. I think I'm set on bench order, but not at all on captaincy.

Foster
    Söyüncü - Alexander-Arnold - Rico
    Salah - Mané - De Bruyne - Sarr
    Jiménez - Ings - Vardy(C)
    (McGovern - Lundstram - Saka - Kelly)
    And here are the gameweek 23 captaincy picks!
    Vardy: 8
    De Bruyne: 2
    Mané: 2
    Salah: 2
    Kane: 1
    Sterling: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Agüero: 1

There are several players trusted with the armband this gameweek, but Vardy is by far the most captained in our league. Those of us who have Vardy as captain are surely hoping for a baby goal celebration today!