The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Glad I unbenched Cantwell due to Salah having a blank gameweek - he just scored for Norwich!

Well played!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Vardy opens the score for Leicester, 1-0 against Manchester City.
    Vardy opens the score for Leicester, 1-0 against Manchester City.

He's incredible these days. Won't be surprised to see him end up being the top scorer this season!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Glad I unbenched Cantwell due to Salah having a blank gameweek - he just scored for Norwich!

I wish I had done the same instead of bringing in Richarlison and wasting a free transfer. Cantwell points stuck on my bench
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mahrez with a typical Mahrez goal, benching Soyuncu not cost me clean sheet wise
    Soyuncu yellow
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,105
    Penalty to City won by Sterling
    VAR check
    Gundugan goal
    KDB assist could have had more, City looking back to there best, Leicester well beaten. Mahrez looking sharp, Sterling still off form IMO
    KDB off injured looks like cramp, Aguero on. Aguero could do well in coming weeks
    KDB off injured looks like cramp, Aguero on. Aguero could do well in coming weeks

Didn't watch the second half, do I didn't see the KDB cramp situation. Maybe he'll be rested soon?

Didn't watch the second half, do I didn't see the KDB cramp situation. Maybe he'll be rested soon?

He was OK when interviewed, yeah rest was my concern though one major positive is how advanced he is playing, he created 7 chances against the leagues best defence.
    Cantwells 10 points on my bench are painfull

How KDB did not get bonus points makes FPL look farcical, KDB was by far the best player on the pitch.

Fans turning on AFTV, there seems to be a backlash against Fan Channels, The United Stand have had United fans turning on them also, Fan Channels being labelled as toxic.
    Edited: not good scenes @Torgeirtrap

---
    Pogba is back for United unsure if he will start, though good for the likes of Martial and Rashford, Ole needs to play Pogba in an advanced number 10 position IMO.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,241

He was OK when interviewed, yeah rest was my concern though one major positive is how advanced he is playing, he created 7 chances against the leagues best defence.

Hm… might be time to sort of the bench, just in case. Who knows, maybe Mané and Alexander-Arnold are due a rest after the Club World too.

How KDB did not get bonus points makes FPL look farcical, KDB was by far the best player on the pitch.

That's bad luck! In another league I'm competing in, those that have him started him, unfortunately…

The bonus point system is flawed, no doubt – and only covers certain aspects of how players play. Maybe someday they'll change those things.

Fans turning on AFTV, there seems to be a backlash against Fan Channels, The United Stand have had United fans turning on them also, Fan Channels being labelled as toxic.

---
    Pogba is back for United insure if he will start, though good for the likes of Martial and Rashford, Ole needs to play Pogba in an advanced number 10 position IMO.

I'm sure that fan channels are behind a lot of the toxic environment around clubs – Arsenal in particular. AFTV regulars were very much in the #WengerOut camp, something that probably actually led to the club making him resign in the first place. And we saw with Emery that they probably would've been just as well off keeping Wenger a bit longer.

The AFTV people probably got to feel today that all Arsenal fans views doesn't necessarily align with theirs. My views rarely does.

How are The United Stand viewed within the United fan base?
    ________

How long has Pogba been out for? Can't remember the last time he played.

Hm… might be time to sort of the bench, just in case. Who knows, maybe Mané and Alexander-Arnold are due a rest after the Club World too.

That's bad luck! In another league I'm competing in, those that have him started him, unfortunately…

The bonus point system is flawed, no doubt – and only covers certain aspects of how players play. Maybe someday they'll change those things.

---
    Pogba is back for United insure if he will start, though good for the likes of Martial and Rashford, Ole needs to play Pogba in an advanced number 10 position IMO.

I'm sure that fan channels are behind a lot of the toxic environment around clubs – Arsenal in particular. AFTV regulars were very much in the #WengerOut camp, something that probably actually led to the club making him resign in the first place. And we saw with Emery that they probably would've been just as well off keeping Wenger a bit longer.

The AFTV people probably got to feel today that all Arsenal fans views doesn't necessarily align with theirs. My views rarely does.

My own experience of watching fan channels is they can chop and change from negative to positive to keep there own narrative going, IMO its all down to making money and angry fans can be exploited.

---

My own experience of watching fan channels is they can chop and change from negative to positive to keep there own narrative going, IMO its all down to making money and angry fans can be exploited.

It's certainly something they can do, and probably do. It's like an extreme/alternative form of online influencers – but where ordinary "influencers" isn't something you're exposed to unless you want to, these fan channels are a topic you're likely to hear about in football shows, podcasts etc. As for AFTV, they certainly can be a bad influence, and I hope they will see more criticism.

---

It's certainly something they can do, and probably do. It's like an extreme/alternative form of online influencers – but where ordinary "influencers" isn't something you're exposed to unless you want to, these fan channels are a topic you're likely to hear about in football shows, podcasts etc. As for AFTV, they certainly can be a bad influence, and I hope they will see more criticism.

AFTV can be knee jerk one bad result and they are on there manager.
    ---
    I have already got Salah back got rid of Richarlison that transfer was a waste of time. I am happy with Sheffield United double defence short term they have delivered 27 points in last two GW's and they have Watford at home next, so I will hold off on bringing back TAA for now.

---

---
    I have already got Salah back got rid of Richarlison that transfer was a waste of time. I am happy with Sheffield United double defence short term they have delivered 27 points in last two GW's and they have Watford at home next, so I will hold off on bringing back TAA for now.

Very much so! It's not like they're all bad, but they certainly tend to be in the extreme opposite ends of the scale when it comes to reactions – be it good results or bad results.

Would've expected Richarlision to do more, but I wonder if he was a bit sick today? He vomited on the pitch at one point.

I've been trying to work myself towards a Sheffield United double defence, but there's always other fires to put out first! I might need to just take a -8 or something and sort things out long-term, bringing in whoever I want going forward.

---

---

Very much so! It's not like they're all bad, but they certainly tend to be in the extreme opposite ends of the scale when it comes to reactions – be it good results or bad results.

Would've expected Richarlision to do more, but I wonder if he was a bit sick today? He vomited on the pitch at one point.

I've been trying to work myself towards a Sheffield United double defence, but there's always other fires to put out first! I might need to just take a -8 or something and sort things out long-term, bringing in whoever I want going forward.

Not seen the highlights though heard there was a sickness bug at Everton last week when we played them.

Liverpool have a tough run of fixtures though I think there attackers will always score, though until GW 25 not convinced there defence will get many clean sheets, of course there full backs assists can be an issue if not having TAA or Robertson.

My team is OK with Tomori back in contention my bench looks better with the fixture pile up.

My main question mark is Abraham, really wish I had kept Jiminez instead though Abraham may get a goal against Spurs. I can see a swap there if Tammy keeps blanking.
    @Torgiertrap At work missed end of that post...

Because United Stand is not Manchester based, the people involved are from London and the Middlands I think, Top Reds supporters label them fake fans and a fake channel.

Pogba has been out for over two months now maybe longer, Fred and Mctominay have built a partnership as deep midfielders so Pogba should play more advanced now, prior he was too deep which is a waste. If he does play number 10 I will get him back in very quickly into my team.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Watford 1-0 Manchester United.

Edit:

Watford 2-0 Manchester United.
    Just woke and glad I missed the United game, appears we were woeful. I don't think I will have double United attack for much longer. I can't trust Ole and after losing to the worst team in the league has me even less confident in United.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Solskjaer’s winning % without penalties is 7%. Ole's only 2 wins (in 26 games) without a penalty are against Watford at the end of last season and against Brighton.
    Spurs down to 10 men as Son gets red carded. Chelsea were 2-0 up already (both goals by Willian).
    Solskjaer’s winning % without penalties is 7%. Ole's only 2 wins (in 26 games) without a penalty are against Watford at the end of last season and against Brighton.

Shocking stats, If Ole was not a club legend he would have been sacked.

Looks like my plans to get Son in have changed.
    Abraham off with injury, hope it's nothing serious I was going to be patient with my current side for next GW.
    Despite a poor GW I have won my cup match by 1 point lol

---

---

Not seen the highlights though heard there was a sickness bug at Everton last week when we played them.

Liverpool have a tough run of fixtures though I think there attackers will always score, though until GW 25 not convinced there defence will get many clean sheets, of course there full backs assists can be an issue if not having TAA or Robertson.

My team is OK with Tomori back in contention my bench looks better with the fixture pile up.

My main question mark is Abraham, really wish I had kept Jiminez instead though Abraham may get a goal against Spurs. I can see a swap there if Tammy keeps blanking.

Ah, that probably explains what happened on the pitch.

I'm thinking the same; transferring out TAA until the wildcard is definitely something I'm considering. Tomori might be a replacement for TAA, actually. Chelsea still have decent fixtures.

I regret transferring out Jiménez too. I'm thinking of potentially replacing Abraham with Jiménez, but I might need to prioritise other transfers first.

Because United Stand is not Manchester based, the people involved are from London and the Middlands I think, Top Reds supporters label them fake fans and a fake channel.

Pogba has been out for over two months now maybe longer, Fred and Mctominay have built a partnership as deep midfielders so Pogba should play more advanced now, prior he was too deep which is a waste. If he does play number 10 I will get him back in very quickly into my team.

Didn't know that! United have a large fan base, so having a United fan channel nor based in Manchester might not be as surprising.

Pogba did get minutes today, didn't he?
    Spurs down to 10 men as Son gets red carded. Chelsea were 2-0 up already (both goals by Willian).
    Abraham off with injury, hope it's nothing serious I was going to be patient with my current side for next GW.

Haven't watched the games today, but this looks like a nightmare gameweek for me! @-)

---

---

I'm thinking the same; transferring out TAA until the wildcard is definitely something I'm considering. Tomori might be a replacement for TAA, actually. Chelsea still have decent fixtures.

I regret transferring out Jiménez too. I'm thinking of potentially replacing Abraham with Jiménez, but I might need to prioritise other transfers first.

Didn't know that! United have a large fan base, so having a United fan channel nor based in Manchester might not be as surprising.

According to people who watched the game Pogba was best player despite only playing 30 minutes, I'll hang onto Rashford and Martial for Newcastle, hopefully Pogba will get them firing.

Haven't watched the games today, but this looks like a nightmare gameweek for me! @-)

I got 40 points in the end total right off, I expect Boxing day fixtures to be much better. Son has a three match ban I wanted to get him in.

---

---

According to people who watched the game Pogba was best player despite only playing 30 minutes, I'll hang onto Rashford and Martial for Newcastle, hopefully Pogba will get them firing.

Interesting! Newcastle are a bit hit and miss in terms of results, so it might be a game that can provide points from Rashford, Martial – and maybe even Pogba.

I got 40 points in the end total right off, I expect Boxing day fixtures to be much better. Son has a three match ban I wanted to get him in.

At least it narrows down the list of potential candidates to transfer in – and makes it easy for me to look at alternatives!