The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Torgeirtrap Very interesting stat: before today, Kevin De Bruyne never scored multiple goals in a Premier League game.
    @Torgeirtrap Very interesting stat: before today, Kevin De Bruyne never scored multiple goals in a Premier League game.

@DaltonCraig007 Never? Didn't know that!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Indeed, I had to double check when I heard the commentators mention that.

Indeed, I had to double check when I heard the commentators mention that.

It's strange to even think about, but I guess a lot of his goal involvement are his many assists, rather than actual goals.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,265
    I had a feeling KDB would run riot at Arsenal.
    My Cup game maybe bad luck, currently I have 84 points with Ryan left to play. My Cup apponent has 80 points with Kelly and Dunk left to play (They activated bench boost)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Don't forget GW18 West Ham and Liverpool players are blanking. Thankfully I only have one asset from those sides Salah. Now do I bench Salah and bank the free transfer or bring in one player for a week? I may keep Salah as he looks primed to hit top form and I don't want to lose value, also having two free transfers for GW19 is appealing.
    I had a feeling KDB would run riot at Arsenal.
    My Cup game maybe bad luck, currently I have 84 points with Ryan left to play. My Cup apponent has 80 points with Kelly and Dunk left to play (They activated bench boost)

This could get close! 80+ points is a really good score though; I'm on 67 points + Zaha to play.
    Don't forget GW18 West Ham and Liverpool players are blanking. Thankfully I only have one asset from those sides Salah. Now do I bench Salah and bank the free transfer or bring in one player for a week? I may keep Salah as he looks primed to hit top form and I don't want to lose value, also having two free transfers for GW19 is appealing.

I think it's easier to just bench when you have only one Liverpool player. I have Alexander-Arnolf and Mané, and might be forced to sell one. Team news depending of course.
    I see Zaha scored, a draw suited me in the end I progressed in the cup with a narrow 3 points more over my opponent. How did others get on?
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,270
    I see Zaha scored, a draw suited me in the end I progressed in the cup with a narrow 3 points more over my opponent. How did others get on?

That was a narrow win indeed, but still a win!

Happy with the Zaha points tonight. Much needed for the overall rank! Progressed to the next round of the cup against a team which haven't been touched since gameweek 1 by the looks of it.
    This was my highest points haul this season, with 75 points.
    This was my highest points haul this season, with 75 points.

I ended up with 75 points too! Looking at our league table, I think this must be one of the highest scoring gameweeks for our league this season.

That was a narrow win indeed, but still a win!

Happy with the Zaha points tonight. Much needed for the overall rank! Progressed to the next round of the cup against a team which haven't been touched since gameweek 1 by the looks of it.

Zaha scoring made me drop in rank, though in and around my highest rank of the season.

I got my highest score also beating GW1 by a few points, incidentally my highest points hauls have Salah as my captain.

Captaincy options this week not so obvious

I'm on Rashford currently, but Vardy (despite the fixture), De Bruyne and Son are also in consideration.

I'm on Rashford currently, but Vardy (despite the fixture), De Bruyne and Son are also in consideration.

I may go with KDB though Rashford is a possiblity unfortunately I still don't trust Ole tactics even against Watford.

I may have to bring someone in as I only have one sub on my bench which is a risk if players are rested.

I may go with KDB though Rashford is a possiblity unfortunately I still don't trust Ole tactics even against Watford.

I may have to bring someone in as I only have one sub on my bench which is a risk if players are rested.

I only have one sub this gameweek too, the way my team is set up right now (with Saka in the starting lineup). Have no idea what to do!

I only have one sub this gameweek too, the way my team is set up right now (with Saka in the starting lineup). Have no idea what to do!

I really want to save my free transfer I will wait till the last minute, I have a feeling looking at the fixtures it will be a low points GW, so it would be typical to make a transfer and it be meaningless. I could swap Salah for Son for one GW though that undermines my plans and would mean I would have to take hits to get the team I want in following GW's.
    Mikel Arteta is officially confirmed as Arsenal's new manager.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/mikel-arteta-joining-our-new-head-coach

I really want to save my free transfer I will wait till the last minute, I have a feeling looking at the fixtures it will be a low points GW, so it would be typical to make a transfer and it be meaningless. I could swap Salah for Son for one GW though that undermines my plans and would mean I would have to take hits to get the team I want in following GW's.

If I could, I'd save a transfer as well. Feels like a low points gameweek (as you mention), and if I'm to make a transfer, it should be a long-term one, not a punt.

If the Salah to Son move affects future transfers, I would look at other transfers instead. Salah looks to be in form, and it might be risky dropping him for only one gameweek.

If I could, I'd save a transfer as well. Feels like a low points gameweek (as you mention), and if I'm to make a transfer, it should be a long-term one, not a punt.

If the Salah to Son move affects future transfers, I would look at other transfers instead. Salah looks to be in form, and it might be risky dropping him for only one gameweek.

I am tempted to get someone in for Salah, I will make my mind up after watching football scout team news, I need to chase potential differentials lol

I am tempted to get someone in for Salah, I will make my mind up after watching football scout team news, I need to chase potential differentials lol

Me too! I'm torn between transferring out Zaha, or even take a hit to replace Mané (I might be looking at getting Salah eventually, so it might make sense going forward).

Me too! I'm torn between transferring out Zaha, or even take a hit to replace Mané (I might be looking at getting Salah eventually, so it might make sense going forward).

Richarlison v Arsenal is something I am considering

I'd be surprised if he doesn't score tomorrow!

Is Arteta taking immediate control or is Freddie in charge for the Everton game?

Edited: I got Richarlison in for Salah I won't lose any money on Salah if I get him straight back in. Everton really had a go at Chelsea and United under Big Dunc I can see them really bullying a fragile Arsenal.
    ---
    My team...
    Ryan
    Soyuncu, Lundstram, Baldock
    Alli (C), KDB, Martial, Richarlison
    Vardy, Rashford, Abraham

No confidence with any of my defenders this GW, I may swap Soyuncu for Kelly though Palace are bare bones and St James's is always tough. Tomori away to Spurs no better and unlikely to start, I really need a clean sheet from Sheffield United again [-O<
    My team for gameweek #18:

Guaita
    Soyuncu, Willems, Baldock, Lundstram
    Martial, Traoré, Cantwell
    Abraham, Vardy, Jimenez (C).

Is Arteta taking immediate control or is Freddie in charge for the Everton game?

Edited: I got Richarlison in for Salah I won't lose any money on Salah if I get him straight back in. Everton really had a go at Chelsea and United under Big Dunc I can see them really bullying a fragile Arsenal.
    ---
    My team...
    Ryan
    Soyuncu, Lundstram, Baldock
    Alli (C), KDB, Martial, Richarlison
    Vardy, Rashford, Abraham

No confidence with any of my defenders this GW, I may swap Soyuncu for Kelly though Palace are bare bones and St James's is always tough. Tomori away to Spurs no better and unlikely to start, I really need a clean sheet from Sheffield United again [-O<

Freddie is in charge against Everton, with Arteta in the stands. Rumours are that Arsenal will field several young players. If so, that's mo doubt a message to the more experienced players in the squad.

Looks like a sensible move. Richarlison will have a good day on the pitch the way Arsenal are playing.

Given Liverpool doesn't play, this looks like a strong team! I'm still thinking about taking a hit or not.

My team for gameweek #18:

Guaita
    Soyuncu, Willems, Baldock, Lundstram
    Martial, Traoré, Cantwell
    Abraham, Vardy, Jimenez (C).

Wish my team looked as strong as this for this gameweek!

My team is:
    Pope
    Rico - Kelly - Lundstram
    Saka - Grealish - De Bruyne - Son
    Abraham - Rashford (C) - Vardy
    (McGovern - Alexander-Arnold - Mané - Söyüncü)
    Carlo Ancelotti is officially the new Everton manager.
    Here are the gameweek 18 captaincy picks!
    Kane: 3
    Vardy: 3
    Jiménez: 2
    De Bruyne: 2
    Sterling: 2
    Aubameyang: 2
    Rashford: 2
    van Dijk: 1
    Salah: 1
    Alli: 1

Kane and Vardy are the most captained players in our league this weekend. Vardy is in great form and can be a threat even against City, while Kane is no doubt up for a big match against Chelsea. Good luck everyone!

(I'll come back with the gameweek winners update as soon as possible. It's been a busy week with Christmas preparations and everything.)
    Glad I unbenched Cantwell due to Salah having a blank gameweek - he just scored for Norwich!