The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Everton have sacked their manager, Marco Silva.

I really wonder who his replacement will be. Do they go for a short term option, or will they look for a manager with a long term project?
    _______

Saint-Maximin scores for Newcastle (Manquillo assist).

Someone please find David Moyes' whereabouts right now!
    Everton have sacked their manager, Marco Silva.

I really wonder who his replacement will be. Do they go for a short term option, or will they look for a manager with a long term project?
    _______

Saint-Maximin scores for Newcastle (Manquillo assist).

Someone please find David Moyes' whereabouts right now!

Wouldn't be surprised if he's on the list!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Got my team sorted for GW16.

Patricio
    van Dijk, Lundstram, Kelly
    Mane (c), Neves, Willian, Maddison
    Vardy (vc), Pukki, Abraham

Bench - Ederson, Diop, Lerma, Alonso

I had Abraham on the bench for GW15, thinking he wouldn't play. D'oh!
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Benny wrote: »
    Got my team sorted for GW16.

Patricio
    van Dijk, Lundstram, Kelly
    Mane (c), Neves, Willian, Maddison
    Vardy (vc), Pukki, Abraham

Bench - Ederson, Diop, Lerma, Alonso

I had Abraham on the bench for GW15, thinking he wouldn't play. D'oh!

I was about to say that this was early, but there's a new gameweek already on Saturday of course!

This team looks good for the weekend – particularly in defence :-)
    Bad luck with the Abraham benching!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Going to possibly bank my free transfer there are two players I am looking at after the next fixtures, one player I am thinking of dumping is Martial
    Going to possibly bank my free transfer there are two players I am looking at after the next fixtures, one player I am thinking of dumping is Martial

I might save a free transfer as well. There are several spots in the team I want to look at however, so I can't rule out making a transfer – or a hit even.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I might save a free transfer as well. There are several spots in the team I want to look at however, so I can't rule out making a transfer – or a hit even.

I am looking forward to the wild card as I will change a few things going forward, Mané/Robertson I am looking at rather than my current Salah/TAA for starters though I need to prioritise what to do with Martial first I will keep him if fit for City then may get rid

I am looking forward to the wild card as I will change a few things going forward, Mané/Robertson I am looking at rather than my current Salah/TAA for starters though I need to prioritise what to do with Martial first I will keep him if fit for City then may get rid

Any news about Martial's injury? City looks capable of conceding a couple of goals every match, so if i fit, I wouldn't be surprised if Martial gets something from that game.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,270

Any news about Martial's injury? City looks capable of conceding a couple of goals every match, so if i fit, I wouldn't be surprised if Martial gets something from that game.

Martial likely to miss the Derby though not confirmed, I am trying not to take a hit. Cantwell is at home to Southampton so a chance of a return from Cantwell though Norwich could easily lose that game

I could go Martial to Pulisic or Madson with my free transfer, though after this GW I want Rashford in, i may have to dump TAA again to free up points

Martial likely to miss the Derby though not confirmed, I am trying not to take a hit. Cantwell is at home to Southampton so a chance of a return from Cantwell though Norwich could easily lose that game

I could go Martial to Pulisic or Madson with my free transfer, though after this GW I want Rashford in, i may have to dump TAA again to free up points

Well worth following press conferences or news updates about Martial. Holding on to Abraham even though he wasn't sure to start worked well this gamweek – it might do re. Martial as well, if he's in contention to play. Cantweel looks to have become an option again, so you could always play him against Southampton. Could be goals both ways in that match.

Pulisic and Maddison both looks like good options. I've been considering Maddison for a long time, but as he's a popular option in another mini league I'm competing in, I might have to look at other players just so my team won't too similar to the other ones.

Well worth following press conferences or news updates about Martial. Holding on to Abraham even though he wasn't sure to start worked well this gamweek – it might do re. Martial as well, if he's in contention to play. Cantweel looks to have become an option again, so you could always play him against Southampton. Could be goals both ways in that match.

Pulisic and Maddison both looks like good options. I've been considering Maddison for a long time, but as he's a popular option in another mini league I'm competing in, I might have to look at other players just so my team won't too similar to the other ones.

Ole said Martial may be on the bench which, I will ponder what do do over the next few hours as I want to remove another two players next GW. I may keep Martial it's whether to bench him and play Cantwell instead or hope even from the bench he can get something against City?
    The next gameweek is just around the corner but before that, congratulations goes to
    MysticWarlordsOfKa’a - our gameweek 15 winner!

Nw6Q9BH.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a

And here's how our league did this gameweek. 10 out of 19 teams beat or equalled the gameweek average of 49 points – well done!
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 57 -TOT 845
    2. Team Extreme: GW 56 - TOT 831
    3. AFC Fritzson: GW 70 -TOT 823
    4. 11 FishFingers: GW 69 - TOT 820
    5. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 48 - TOT 810
    6. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 73 - TOT 807
    7. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 65 - TOT 797
    8. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 58 - TOT 795
    9. Overload: GW 47 - TOT 768
    10. Anfield FC: GW 43 - TOT 765
    11. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 38 - TOT 763
    12. bliblikadek: GW 47 - TOT 762
    13. George'sRetroRockets: GW 49 - TOT 745
    14. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 57 - TOT 744
    15. Benny's Blues: GW 56 - TOT 733
    16. GoldyTheRef: GW 38 - TOT 726
    17. Flitwick Flyers: GW 47 - TOT 693
    18. MEJICO POWA: GW 40 - TOT 688
    19. Manchester United: GW 37 - TOT 441

Regular deadline again tomorrow - 11:30 (UK time)!

Ole said Martial may be on the bench which, I will ponder what do do over the next few hours as I want to remove another two players next GW. I may keep Martial it's whether to bench him and play Cantwell instead or hope even from the bench he can get something against City?

Ooh, that's tricky! Martial is capable of getting points coming off the bench in that game, and with Cantwell you have a player that's likely to play most of the game… Which players are you looking to remove?

I wonder if this will be another gameweek with surprise benchings, so I'm wondering if I should save a transfer, strengthen the bench or look at the goalkeeper spot.
    @Torgiertrap After this GW Jiminez fixtures not so good and Rashford much better so direct swap, though I will perhaps get rid of TAA for either a cheaper option with similar points haul or trust in my other defenders usually benched as they often have points I don't get and down grade further to free up more money, plus Liverpool have a blank week and just can't keep clean sheets. Down grading TAA further ensures I keep a strong fourth midfielder (Martial or replacement)
    @Torgiertrap After this GW Jiminez fixtures not so good and Rashford much better so direct swap, though I will perhaps get rid of TAA for either a cheaper option with similar points haul or trust in my other defenders usually benched as they often have points I don't get and down grade further to free up more money, plus Liverpool have a blank week and just can't keep clean sheets. Down grading TAA further ensures I keep a strong fourth midfielder (Martial or replacement)

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns That looks like decent moves! I'm looking at the Jiménez > Rashford move myself. I can't do it as a straight swap though, so I just now downgraded Cahill to Kelly – with the hope of doing the Rashford transfer before next gameweek. It's not the coolest move to make, but if Cahill misses this gameweek, I have at least one more playing option.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns That looks like decent moves! I'm looking at the Jiménez > Rashford move myself. I can't do it as a straight swap though, so I just now downgraded Cahill to Kelly – with the hope of doing the Rashford transfer before next gameweek. It's not the coolest move to make, but if Cahill misses this gameweek, I have at least one more playing option.

I could make a move for Rashford now though Jiminez v Brighton away vs take a hit for Rashford v City away seems a risky move for me

I could make a move for Rashford now though Jiminez v Brighton away vs take a hit for Rashford v City away seems a risky move for me

Jiménez do have the more favourable fixture, and he's always capable of delivering points. I don't know if I would've made the Rashford transfer this gameweek even for free; I would only consider it if price changes forced an early transfer.

That being said, he can manage something against City – but in order for that move to pay off immediately, you're relying on Rashford to outscore Jiménez by enough points to make up for that hit.
    Didn't notice that there's the cup qualifier this gameweek! Here's from the official site:

Qualifying
    The top 4 194 304 ranked teams in Gameweek 16 will enter the first round. If there are more than 4 194 304 qualifiers then there will be a random draw amongst the lowest scorers to see who qualifies.

How the cup works
    Each qualifying team will be randomly drawn against another in the first round. The winner (the team with the highest Gameweek score minus any transfer points), will progress to the second round and another random draw, the losers are out! This process continues until the final round when the two remaining teams contest the cup final.

If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:

Most goals scored in the Gameweek
    Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
    Virtual coin toss

FPL Cup Winner 2019/20 prize
    VIP hospitality at one 2020/21 Premier League match
    Includes travel and 2 nights’ accommodation
    Copy of FIFA 20 and a games console
    Tablet computer
    Bluetooth speaker
    Nike manager jacket
    FPL goody bag consisting of a rucksack, t-shirt, mug, water bottle, stress ball, pen, pad and key ring
    I am around the 500 000 mark so that counts me out, I was totally oblivious to the Cup last year and lost my first game :))
    I have no idea who to pick as Captain this GW, maybe Salah v Bournemouth
    I am around the 500 000 mark so that counts me out, I was totally oblivious to the Cup last year and lost my first game :))

Haha! I've never progressed far into the cup (I don't think I've lasted more than three gameweeks…). It requires both luck and an incredibly good run of gameweeks!
    I'm between Son and Vardy at the moment. Tempted to just leave the captaincy with Vardy and not worry more about it, but will have to think about it until the deadline.

Haha! I've never progressed far into the cup (I don't think I've lasted more than three gameweeks…). It requires both luck and an incredibly good run of gameweeks!
    I'm between Son and Vardy at the moment. Tempted to just leave the captaincy with Vardy and not worry more about it, but will have to think about it until the deadline.

Vardy is on course to catch his own scoring in consecutive games record, Vardy maybe the safer bet with Salah not quite in top form. Salah's points haul is considerably lower than Mané right now a shocking 34 points difference.

Vardy is on course to catch his own scoring in consecutive games record, Vardy maybe the safer bet with Salah not quite in top form. Salah's points haul is considerably lower than Mané right now a shocking 34 points difference.

Vardy is in great form, which makes him a good captaincy option. Salah might be a good differential, and he must surely play tomorrow's match as he didn't play midweek.

Mané has certainly done better points wise so far this season. Won't be surprised if it evens out a bit throughout the season.

Vardy is in great form, which makes him a good captaincy option. Salah might be a good differential, and he must surely play tomorrow's match as he didn't play midweek.

Mané has certainly done better points wise so far this season. Won't be surprised if it evens out a bit throughout the season.

I am jumping to Mané sooner rather than later I think the ankle issue with Salah won't go away. I think as you mentioned Mané could get a rest this GW as Salah has missed last two games, saying that Klopp may not rest Mané as a player on form IMO should not be rested.

I am jumping to Mané sooner rather than later I think the ankle issue with Salah won't go away. I think as you mentioned Mané could get a rest this GW as Salah has missed last two games, saying that Klopp may not rest Mané as a player on form IMO should not be rested.

It's difficult to predict what will happen this gameweek, that's for sure! For that reason I won't be captaining or even vice-captaining Mané, in case he's rested.

Liverpool will only have two games before they blank in gameweek 18, so it might just be worth to wait transferring out Salah until gameweek 19 or thereabouts.

It's difficult to predict what will happen this gameweek, that's for sure! For that reason I won't be captaining or even vice-captaining Mané, in case he's rested.

Liverpool will only have two games before they blank in gameweek 18, so it might just be worth to wait transferring out Salah until gameweek 19 or thereabouts.

I am thinking Everton maybe be vulnerable, Abraham Captaincy is a differential of sorts

I am thinking Everton maybe be vulnerable, Abraham Captaincy is a differential of sorts

Very true, Abraham could be an option as well. It's Duncan Ferguson that will be the interim head coach at Everton, right?

Very true, Abraham could be an option as well. It's Duncan Ferguson that will be the interim head coach at Everton, right?

Not sure who is in charge though if it's Ferguson he will perhaps scare them into a performance lol

Heard rumours Mané and TAA maybe rested for Liverpool
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
    My team for gameweek #16:

Guaita
    Soyuncu, Willems, Lundstram, Alex-Arnold
    Pulisic, D Silva, Salah
    Vardy (C), Jimenez, Abraham

Not sure who is in charge though if it's Ferguson he will perhaps scare them into a performance lol

Heard rumours Mané and TAA maybe rested for Liverpool

That leaves me very short on bench options! :-O
    My team for gameweek #16:

Guaita
    Soyuncu, Willems, Lundstram, Alex-Arnold
    Pulisic, D Silva, Salah
    Vardy (C), Jimenez, Abraham

Looking very strong this team!
    ______

This is my team this gameweek. Vardy captain again; did consider and had the armband on Son for a while, but I guess Vardy will be highly captained again. In fear of missing out on potential points from him, Vardy is my captain again.

Pope
    TAA - Söyüncü - Lundstram
    Mané - KDB - Son - Zaha
    Abraham - Jiménez - Vardy (C)
    (McGovern - Kelly - Saka - Rico)