The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just noticed I have qualified for the Cup starting in GW17, extra incentive to do well this week.
    Just noticed I have qualified for the Cup starting in GW17, extra incentive to do well this week.

I did too!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Do I risk Captaining Salah instead of Vardy? Do I double up on Sheffield United defense against Villa, a few things undecided for me this GW.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for gameweek 17:

Guaita
    Soyuncu, Willems, Lundstram, Alexander-Arnold
    Martial, Traoré, Salah
    Jimenez, Vardy (C), Abraham
    Ryan
    Soyuncu, Lundstram, Baldock
    KDB, Alli, Martial, Salah (c)
    Abraham, Vardy, Rashford

Subject to changes
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,267
    Do I risk Captaining Salah instead of Vardy? Do I double up on Sheffield United defense against Villa, a few things undecided for me this GW.

Didn't see this before now - looks like you went with Salah! Didn't feel brave enough to captain anyone but Vardy this gameweek myself, instead spending time thinking about transfers.
    My team for gameweek 17:

Guaita
    Soyuncu, Willems, Lundstram, Alexander-Arnold
    Martial, Traoré, Salah
    Jimenez, Vardy (C), Abraham

Looks really strong, @DaltonCraig007!
    Ryan
    Soyuncu, Lundstram, Baldock
    KDB, Alli, Martial, Salah (c)
    Abraham, Vardy, Rashford

Subject to changes
    I like the Baldock pick. Might be a nice differential! Really like that midfield!

_________

Here are the gameweek 17 captaincy picks!
    Vardy: 11
    Kane: 2
    Salah: 2
    van Dijk: 1
    Sterling: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Mané: 1

Vardy is again the by far most captained player, with Kane and Salah making the second most captained players this weekend. Good luck everyone!
    _________

I'll be back with the gameweek winner updates next week. Been a bit busy this week, so I haven't had time to make a gameweek winner banner.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Salah opens the score for Liverpool, thanks to an assist by Mané.

Edit: Salah makes it 2-0, this time from an assist by Origi.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,263
    Some nice Captain points from Salah for me including six bonus points surely on there way too (32 in total)

I need Sheffield United to get a clean sheet to soften the blow of selling TAA
    Some nice Captain points from Salah for me including six bonus points surely on there way too (32 in total)

Great start of the gameweek for you, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Great start of the gameweek for you, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Had a feeling Salah would do well, Klopp midweek said Salah was back to his best. Also Leicester don't tend to score many against Norwich historically so hopefully Vardy will maybe get one goal that will help my overall ranking.
    Pukki goal

Bye bye Soyuncu clean sheet gr
    Vardy goal... SKY are suggesting it maybe an own goal
    Edited: Krull own goal though FPL currently given points to Vardy
    Edited: Vardy given the assist

That will surely be corrected. Krul more or less punched the ball in the net!

Yeah Vardy got the assist, not seen the goal. In UK SKY never play any Premiership games on Saturday at 3pm (unless it's a Christmas game)
    Fleck Goal Lundstram assist

Yeah Vardy got the assist, not seen the goal. In UK SKY never play any Premiership games on Saturday at 3pm (unless it's a Christmas game)

Forgot about that! They show one 3pm game here, and a "goal show" showing all the goals from the 3pm kickoffs.

Nice! Didn't know what to expect from Lundstram this gameweek.

Forgot about that! They show one 3pm game here, and a "goal show" showing all the goals from the 3pm kickoffs.

Nice! Didn't know what to expect from Lundstram this gameweek.

Fleck scored again, having two Sheffield United defenders is nerve racking
    Chelsea losing great for our top 4 chances

I am starting to think that I should have kept Jiminez and sold Abraham
    Get in Sheffield United double defense paid off and Grealish missed a penalty

I was sure Grealish was going to score there!

That thought has crossed my mind as well…

Top four might become tight after that Chelsea loss. Leicester with only one point from the Norwich game too. All up to City, United and Sp*rs to try and put themselves in a better position now.
    The team I have in the cup has played there bench boost

Top four might become tight after that Chelsea loss. Leicester with only one point from the Norwich game too. All up to City, United and Sp*rs to try and put themselves in a better position now.

We need to beat Everton tomorrow no excuses, we need to close the gap top four is possible, apparently Ole met Haaland the other day the transfer could happen, I watched clips he looks good for his age.

Just watching this it gets heated

Which players does that team got?

We need to beat Everton tomorrow no excuses, we need to close the gap top four is possible, apparently Ole met Haaland the other day the transfer could happen, I watched clips he looks good for his age.

It's a good opportunity for United for sure. Massive three points to play for given today's results.

I wouldn't be surprised if United sign him. Ole has managed him before at Molde, and that might become a factor when deciding on a club.

Anything regarding Arsenal has the potential to get heated these days, haha!

It's a good opportunity for United for sure. Massive three points to play for given today's results.

I wouldn't be surprised if United sign him. Ole has managed him before at Molde, and that might become a factor when deciding on a club.

There team is similar to mine, having the bench boost may beat me despite me having a decent score so far, though I have 5 players left so fingers crossed.

I agree that Football Fan channels do exploit fans negativity to make money, at least some do. To be fair Robbie on AFTV seems a decent chap compared to some.

There team is similar to mine, having the bench boost may beat me despite me having a decent score so far, though I have 5 players left so fingers crossed.

I agree that Football Fan channels do exploit fans negativity to make money, at least some do. To be fair Robbie on AFTV seems a decent chap compared to some.

Bad luck getting an opponent with 15 players to play, but you might still get through to the next round!

Robbie from AFTV seems alright, but I'm not too much a fan of some of those appearing on the channel. There's this one guy who was very much a #Wengerout, but once Wenger quit he was full of praise…
    Tottenham 1-0 Wolves.
    Everton 1-0 Man United.
    Tottenham 1-0 Wolves.
    Everton 1-0 Man United.

Sp*rs three points in the end. Just the one for United against Everton.

Expect there will be more goals between Arsenal and City (for City at least).
    @Torgeirtrap You were right, sadly. Man City already 2-0 up after 16 minutes.
    @Torgeirtrap You were right, sadly. Man City already 2-0 up after 16 minutes.

This will be a nasty result, no doubt…