The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Vardy assist there goes my Ryan clean sheet, points swap basically
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,279
    Just saw I need Salah to stay benched now

If Liverpool can control the game in second half, I think he won't be risked.

I hope as Cantwell currently on 8 points [-O<

Plus bonus, right?

A lot of managers (in our league too) captained Vardy. It's good if he does well this gameweek - but not too good, haha!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ox off for
    Origi
    Bournemouth goal Cook, Fraser assist

Plus bonus, right?

A lot of managers (in our league too) captained Vardy. It's good if he does well this gameweek - but not too good, haha!

Yeah I was hoping Vardy would blank and get Ryan points
    James Ward Prowse goal Southampton retake lead
    Palace scored Zaha and Liverpool have one sub left, oh no Cantwell points in danger
    Vardy goal dam I really need Sterling to deliver now
    Firmino goal for Liverpool
    Firmino substituted for...
    Gomez woooooooohooooooo! Cantwell points off the bench (wipes brow)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'll be getting 13 points via automatic substitutions due to Salah & Janmaat not playing: Traoré (5 points) and Cantwell (8 points).
    Lacazette goal to draw with Southampton
    I'll be getting 13 points via automatic substitutions due to Salah & Janmaat not playing: Traoré (5 points) and Cantwell (8 points).

Bench hauls like that save game weeks
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,327
    34 points (not including bonus) five players left including captain, Cantwell saved me I will keep him for that

Plus bonus, right?

Looks like Mané captain with Vardy vice was a mistake…

Wow! :-O

Plus bonus, right?

Vardy was my vice, I need Sterling (C) to score twice and I will be happy
    Mason Mount on bench for Chelsea [-(

Plus bonus, right?

Vardy was my vice, I need Sterling (C) to score twice and I will be happy

A guy in one of the mini leagues I'm competing in has a really similar team to mine, only he captains different players (this gameweek, Vardy). I'm 70 points behind before this weekend, and i will be more now…
    Sterling disappointing again I may get rid after today, in fact I will get rid he is not delivering at all relative to his value. Third of the season in there are cheaper better options

Tempted to take a 8 point hit to freshen my team up
    Sterling disappointing again I may get rid after today

I was all set to transfer him before the deadline today, but I didn't feel confident enough to do it. Will have to do now though, and I have a few potential transfers I might look at doing.

I was all set to transfer him before the deadline today, but I didn't feel confident enough to do it. Will have to do now though, and I have a few potential transfers I might look at doing.

I am getting rid I edited my above post, I want KDB, Son and Pulisic in

KDB offers more value at this point than Sterling - as do the two others. Son is one of the transfers I'm likely to make. Question is if it's best to wait until midweek games are done, or try and do the transfer before the price rise(s) that's likely to happen.

KDB offers more value at this point than Sterling - as do the two others. Son is one of the transfers I'm likely to make. Question is if it's best to wait until midweek games are done, or try and do the transfer before the price rise(s) that's likely to happen.

Exactly and Sterling has dropped in price I don't want to lose more value, I will likely get KDB after this current match

May go Salah to Mané

Exactly and Sterling has dropped in price I don't want to lose more value, I will likely get KDB after this current match

May go Salah to Mané

It's always a risk doing early moves, but sometimes you're just forced to act quickly. Might get Son tonight, and then - if possible - hold on to that second transfer as long as I can.
    Falling asleep before the deadline is gonna hurt, I would have switched back to Vardy as Captain.

Done a few mock transfers I am trying to fit too many midfielders into my team, you can't have every one. Going with Son and KDB for now
    Falling asleep before the deadline is gonna hurt, I would have switched back to Vardy as Captain.

Done a few mock transfers I am trying to fit too many midfielders into my team, you can't have every one. Going with Son and KDB for now

I was on Vardy as captain for quite some time. Missed out on quite a few points there.

Son and KDB are good transfers I think. Having them will be an asset to your FPL team.

I was on Vardy as captain for quite some time. Missed out on quite a few points there.

Son and KDB are good transfers I think. Having them will be an asset to your FPL team.

My bad Captain is clouding my judgment lol I need to not go crazy with transfers. My teams fixtures are good next GW

Or I could do Son to Sterling and go without City assets for a few weeks there fixtures with a potentially depleted side not great
    Gr Sterling goal ruled out by VAR games finished

Shocking by my midfield so far, Martial needs to bail me out (thank god for Cantwell)

My bad Captain is clouding my judgment lol I need to not go crazy with transfers. My teams fixtures are good next GW

Or I could do Son to Sterling and go without City assets for a few weeks there fixtures with a potentially depleted side not great

I think next week looks more promising, now that the City-Chelsea fixture is done.

I don't think it will be necessary to have that many City players on current form. KDB might be enough for me, given what I can do with the cash from selling him. I can upgrade Connolly or Saka, I can upgrade in defence or even get a second playing goalkeeper.

I think next week looks more promising, now that the City-Chelsea fixture is done.

I don't think it will be necessary to have that many City players on current form. KDB might be enough for me, given what I can do with the cash from selling him. I can upgrade Connolly or Saka, I can upgrade in defence or even get a second playing goalkeeper.

One way of looking at it is the next wildcard is 6 GW's away and I can almost remove myself from Pep Roulette Christmas headache. I am going to Son from Sterling with plenty in the bank and will just play the fixtures. Once we can Wildcard again City will have better fixtures and probably be in better shape

Edited: Done no more Sterling Captain dilema

One way of looking at it is the next wildcard is 6 GW's away and I can almost remove myself from Pep Roulette Christmas headache. I am going to Son from Sterling with plenty in the bank and will just play the fixtures. Once we can Wildcard again City will have better fixtures and probably be in better shape

Good point re. the wildcard. With the next one available so soon, that will make playing the fixture run much easier. I'm sure City can still deliver during this period, but with so many other players with (on paper) easier games, it might be worth going down that route instead of the Pep roulette.

Same here. Don't like making early transfers, but I have one transfer available in case something happens midweek.

Good point re. the wildcard. With the next one available so soon, that will make playing the fixture run much easier. I'm sure City can still deliver during this period, but with so many other players with (on paper) easier games, it might be worth going down that route instead of the Pep roulette.

Same here. Don't like making early transfers, but I have one transfer available in case something happens midweek.

Son looked good from the eye test POV, Jose teams generally don't score lots of goals though Son will be involved with most I think and Bournemouth at home I had to get Son in for that.

I am thinking of getting in Bernard Silva as City cover