The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Mctominay out for four weeks maybe more

How will that affect United, you think?
    _______

Looks like you won this gameweek, by the way! 83 points!

(Haven't had time to make the gameweek winner post yet, but will do so soon!)

Bad for United as Pogba only just had his cast removed, Ole has not rested Mctominay so the injury does not surprise me. Matic will have to come back in

I noticed Mctominay in a few FPL sides recently

Didn't know Pogba's injury was so serious that a cast was needed!

I've noticed McTominay in a few teams too. At 5.1 for a side like United, you can understand he's an option for many. Martial is the only United player on my list currently. Rashord and James are too expensive, I feel.

I have Martial, I agree Rashford is too inconsistent for his price there are better options. I think FPL probably think they have to up some prices simply because its Man United. Man United barring a few players should be bargain basement

I suspect it's a combination of things; how the teams have performed in the past and where they will traditionally end up on the league table is surely a factor in how the players are priced. With Chelsea it'ss a bit different this season though, with such a young team there are several bargain priced players. The Arsenal players are overpriced as well (Aubameyang and Lacazette aside).

It's funny how player price influences managers regarding starts and captain choices. I try to ignore the prices of players with choosing captain

I've definitely found myself being influenced by player prices. It automatically feels more of a risk captaining a 7.0 player than a 12.0 player. The price tags comes with an expectation of returns.

Which makes sense as many decisions are based on history, I have stayed away from Aguero this season because of his age and ignored history as I think he is on the decline and his game time is reduced.

Many decisions certainly are!

I don't know about Agüero. He probably isn't as fast as he used to be (?), but he's still a very good player. The fact that he has to share playing time with the (still) up-and-coming Gabriel Jesus, makes him a more risky pick. I haven't owned him this season either, but I won't rule out owning him at some point – especially since City will be desperately trying to close the gap to Liverpool.

I said to someone a few weeks ago I think Aguero will be a good choice for the run in leading up to the end of the season, Pep will need him the most then I think.

What do you know about Haaland, Man United have been linked with the striker.

Agree, as long as City have a chance getting the title, Agüero will be someone to consider in the run in. A lot will depend on the cheaper options, I think. If they keep equalling or doing better than the premium strikers, then the funds required to bring in Agüero might be better spent elsewhere.

But you also have to consider ownership of players and whatever the "template" team is at any given time. If Agüero becomes a differential, then there's definitely a case to consider him.
    ________

As for Erling Braut Håland: he's the son of former Leeds and Nottingham Forest defender Alf-Inge Håland, and has played for Solskjær already at Molde. He's in great form at the moment, having scored 27 goals in 18 club appearances this season, doing really well in the CL too.

Football journalist Lars Sivertsen describes him like this:
    “He’s got the body of a big centre-half, except he plays up front. The thing that’s remarkable about him is that he’s not slow either.

“He gets about the pitch, he’s quite fluid in his movement. He’s decent with the ball and he’s a decent finisher. He’s got a lot of good ingredients for an absolutely terrifying striker."

Time will tell if he can keep delivering like this, but he's certainly the talking point of Norwegian football at the moment. He's been linked with a lot of clubs, so where he'll end up is difficult to tell. He dreams about winning the PL with Leeds, so I won't be surprised if he ends up there at some point!

Apparently Bayern are interested also, United do need another forward. We have been linked with Mandžukić though I think that would be a bad signing, personally I would go for Haaland sounds like he would offer something different to United more of a battering ram type player

I think it depends on how United approaches the transfer market; if they want a "quick fix"/shorter term kind of player, then they will likely go for Mandžukić. Ifthey're investing for the future they will probably try and get someone like Håland. The issue is that Håland will be very expensive.

Edit: I've been writing his name as Håland, as his father's name is written that way – but it looks like he's changed his name to Haaland recently, in order to make his name more easy to use internationally. Strange.

The club keeps peddling this go with youth philosophy so if we got Mandžukić it would be hypocrisy IMO.

My spelling is poor I tend to google names are wrongly rely on spellcheck

In Haaland's case you were right with the spelling since he actually changed his name!

I'm not too familiar with United and how they're likely to operate, but if they want to fight for a top four finish and are within reach come tha January window, I'm not surprised if they go for Mandžukić. I highly doubt Haaland will be sold already in January.

Mohamed Salah injury concern for Liverpool with ankle problem return date unclear
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-salah-injury-concern-liverpool-20886687.amp
    I missed this news, looks like a hit for me to switch to Mané on the cards

Heard some talks about this on TV a few days back. I think there was an image of him wearing a protective boot, so it might be something that keeps him out of play for a few gameweeks. But this is just something we need to keep an eye on. If Salah is unavailable, that might affect Liverpool's attacking threat - and Mané.

For as good as Liverpool are they rely heavily on Salah, they just don't have the depth of City squad. I will likely get Mané in because of fixtures, KDB is the only other player I would consider, Son despite getting some returns is a risk I think.

I may just keep Salah this week and bench him, not keen on taking a hit

Sometimes reports are wrong, so I would at least keep Salah until more news about his injury.

I'm currently struggling with what to do with my two free transfers. Should I keep the City double-up of KDB/Sterling or look to replace one of them to strengthen the midfield? A lot to think about until this weekend's deadline!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

_______

Bad for United as Pogba only just had his cast removed, Ole has not rested Mctominay so the injury does not surprise me. Matic will have to come back in

I've noticed McTominay in a few teams too. At 5.1 for a side like United, you can understand he's an option for many. Martial is the only United player on my list currently. Rashord and James are too expensive, I feel.

I have Martial, I agree Rashford is too inconsistent for his price there are better options. I think FPL probably think they have to up some prices simply because its Man United. Man United barring a few players should be bargain basement

I suspect it's a combination of things; how the teams have performed in the past and where they will traditionally end up on the league table is surely a factor in how the players are priced. With Chelsea it'ss a bit different this season though, with such a young team there are several bargain priced players. The Arsenal players are overpriced as well (Aubameyang and Lacazette aside).

It's funny how player price influences managers regarding starts and captain choices. I try to ignore the prices of players with choosing captain

I've definitely found myself being influenced by player prices. It automatically feels more of a risk captaining a 7.0 player than a 12.0 player. The price tags comes with an expectation of returns.

Which makes sense as many decisions are based on history, I have stayed away from Aguero this season because of his age and ignored history as I think he is on the decline and his game time is reduced.

I don't know about Agüero. He probably isn't as fast as he used to be (?), but he's still a very good player. The fact that he has to share playing time with the (still) up-and-coming Gabriel Jesus, makes him a more risky pick. I haven't owned him this season either, but I won't rule out owning him at some point – especially since City will be desperately trying to close the gap to Liverpool.

I said to someone a few weeks ago I think Aguero will be a good choice for the run in leading up to the end of the season, Pep will need him the most then I think.

Agree, as long as City have a chance getting the title, Agüero will be someone to consider in the run in. A lot will depend on the cheaper options, I think. If they keep equalling or doing better than the premium strikers, then the funds required to bring in Agüero might be better spent elsewhere.

But you also have to consider ownership of players and whatever the "template" team is at any given time. If Agüero becomes a differential, then there's definitely a case to consider him.
    ________

As for Erling Braut Håland: he's the son of former Leeds and Nottingham Forest defender Alf-Inge Håland, and has played for Solskjær already at Molde. He's in great form at the moment, having scored 27 goals in 18 club appearances this season, doing really well in the CL too.

“He’s got the body of a big centre-half, except he plays up front. The thing that’s remarkable about him is that he’s not slow either.

“He gets about the pitch, he’s quite fluid in his movement. He’s decent with the ball and he’s a decent finisher. He’s got a lot of good ingredients for an absolutely terrifying striker."

Time will tell if he can keep delivering like this, but he's certainly the talking point of Norwegian football at the moment. He's been linked with a lot of clubs, so where he'll end up is difficult to tell. He dreams about winning the PL with Leeds, so I won't be surprised if he ends up there at some point!

Apparently Bayern are interested also, United do need another forward. We have been linked with Mandžukić though I think that would be a bad signing, personally I would go for Haaland sounds like he would offer something different to United more of a battering ram type player

I think it depends on how United approaches the transfer market; if they want a "quick fix"/shorter term kind of player, then they will likely go for Mandžukić. Ifthey're investing for the future they will probably try and get someone like Håland. The issue is that Håland will be very expensive.

Edit: I've been writing his name as Håland, as his father's name is written that way – but it looks like he's changed his name to Haaland recently, in order to make his name more easy to use internationally. Strange.

The club keeps peddling this go with youth philosophy so if we got Mandžukić it would be hypocrisy IMO.

In Haaland's case you were right with the spelling since he actually changed his name!

I'm not too familiar with United and how they're likely to operate, but if they want to fight for a top four finish and are within reach come tha January window, I'm not surprised if they go for Mandžukić. I highly doubt Haaland will be sold already in January.

Mohamed Salah injury concern for Liverpool with ankle problem return date unclear
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-salah-injury-concern-liverpool-20886687.amp

Heard some talks about this on TV a few days back. I think there was an image of him wearing a protective boot, so it might be something that keeps him out of play for a few gameweeks. But this is just something we need to keep an eye on. If Salah is unavailable, that might affect Liverpool's attacking threat - and Mané.

For as good as Liverpool are they rely heavily on Salah, they just don't have the depth of City squad. I will likely get Mané in because of fixtures, KDB is the only other player I would consider, Son despite getting some returns is a risk I think.

Sometimes reports are wrong, so I would at least keep Salah until more news about his injury.

I'm currently struggling with what to do with my two free transfers. Should I keep the City double-up of KDB/Sterling or look to replace one of them to strengthen the midfield? A lot to think about until this weekend's deadline!

I used my transfer a week last Friday, I probably won't make changes and remove Salah a week after if long term.

I think City will score a few against Chelsea, I still have Sterling and expect returns in fact he is my current captain

_______

________

I used my transfer a week last Friday, I probably won't make changes and remove Salah a week after if long term.

I think City will score a few against Chelsea, I still have Sterling and expect returns in fact he is my current captain

If your team looks strong enough with Salah on the bench and the injury is only a small one, then it might be a smart move. I have Mané and feel he is a good option, but Salah is on pens, so…

I think there will be goals both ways in that game, but City will probably win. The question is by how many goals, and who'll be involved. If Mendy plays, then Sterling won't necessarily play that wide - which might make him more likely to be involved with the goals.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

_______

________

If your team looks strong enough with Salah on the bench and the injury is only a small one, then it might be a smart move. I have Mané and feel he is a good option, but Salah is on pens, so…

I think there will be goals both ways in that game, but City will probably win. The question is by how many goals, and who'll be involved. If Mendy plays, then Sterling won't necessarily play that wide - which might make him more likely to be involved with the goals.

This GW could be a low points one so clinging onto points, some of the games look tight on paper a hit could easily fail. Palace away could be tricky without Salah and no guarantee Mané will recoup a hit

_______

________

This GW could be a low points one so clinging onto points, some of the games look tight on paper a hit could easily fail. Palace away could be tricky without Salah and no guarantee Mané will recoup a hit

Agree, this gameweek might be a tricky one. With two free transfers I'm unlikely to take a hit as well – unless press conference news/rumours forces me to make an additional transfer.

_______

________

Agree, this gameweek might be a tricky one. With two free transfers I'm unlikely to take a hit as well – unless press conference news/rumours forces me to make an additional transfer.

Only an Everton asset may temp me with them playing Norwich at home, Richarlison probably best choice though not a player I would want to keep.

_______

________

Only an Everton asset may temp me with them playing Norwich at home, Richarlison probably best choice though not a player I would want to keep.

Could be worth a punt if you're looking at short-term options. I find it difficult to target games when making transfers - often they don't work out the way you hope.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,271

_______

________

Could be worth a punt if you're looking at short-term options. I find it difficult to target games when making transfers - often they don't work out the way you hope.

I still have Cantwell in my squad I need to get rid, I think Norwich are in free fall. Early season I thought if they continue to play too open they are in trouble, I can't see Farke changing things. I think most teams will beat Norwich easily certainly in home games

_______

________

I still have Cantwell in my squad I need to get rid, I think Norwich are in free fall. Early season I thought if they continue to play too open they are in trouble, I can't see Farke changing things. I think most teams will beat Norwich easily certainly in home games

It doesn't look promising for Norwich, that's for sure. Them not having a full squad available is a big contributing factor I think. I mean, I think Tettey has played in defence for them in the last two-three games; I don't think he's ever played there in his professional career - certainly not at Rosenborg, where he played as a CM/DM.

_______

________

It doesn't look promising for Norwich, that's for sure. Them not having a full squad available is a big contributing factor I think. I mean, I think Tettey has played in defence for them in the last two-three games; I don't think he's ever played there in his professional career - certainly not at Rosenborg, where he played as a CM/DM.

Poch being sacked it will be interesting to see how Spurs and there assets respond

_______

________

Poch being sacked it will be interesting to see how Spurs and there assets respond

A new manager bounce is my guess! Will be looking at Sp*rs assets going forward (although this weekend might be too early).

_______

________

A new manager bounce is my guess! Will be looking at Sp*rs assets going forward (although this weekend might be too early).

I have a feeling a mass exodus will be on the cards at Spurs
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,272

_______

________

Could happen. It's essentially a team that's very much "Poch's team". Eriksen is likely to leave anyway, and as far as the rest of the team goes, it will depend on whoever comes in to manage them.

_______

________

Could happen. It's essentially a team that's very much "Poch's team". Eriksen is likely to leave anyway, and as far as the rest of the team goes, it will depend on whoever comes in to manage them.

I can't see Levi splashing the cash, short term Spurs could be in transition I would not be surprised if Kane went to somewhere like Real Madrid

_______

________

I can't see Levi splashing the cash, short term Spurs could be in transition I would not be surprised if Kane went to somewhere like Real Madrid

Can't see that happening either. Whoever comes in must work with what he got, most likely.

I think Kane will stay, actually. He'll be so expensive that I can see even Real Madrid going for other alternatives.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Really shocked at all this Spurs stuff! And never thought Jose would go there either?!!
    Unfortunately I think Sp*rs will see a positive effect with Mou in charge…

Would you have liked him at Arsenal Torgeirtrap?
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I know most Arsenal fans would've been against that idea because of his history with Wenger (although they seem to be on more friendly terms now), how he's sometimes like and how Arsenal want to play. However, playing like they do now and conceding goals for fun, I think a different approach - like appointing Mourinho - would've been interesting!

I know most Arsenal fans would've been against that idea because of his history with Wenger (although they seem to be on more friendly terms now), how he's sometimes like and how Arsenal want to play. However, playing like they do now and conceding goals for fun, I think a different approach - like appointing Mourinho - would've been interesting!

Missed opportunity then possibly?

In my opinion, yes!

I recon Arsenal will stick with Emery no matter the results, until the end of the season. Then an extension of the contract if they manage top four or win the EL. Don't think they'll manage either, though…
    _____

What about Norwich; will they stick with Farke if the results continues like this?

In my opinion, yes!

I recon Arsenal will stick with Emery no matter the results, until the end of the season. Then an extension of the contract if they manage top four or win the EL. Don't think they'll manage either, though…
    _____

What about Norwich; will they stick with Farke if the results continues like this?

I certainly hope they will stand by Farke. He has been like a breath of fresh air to everything at the club. We have just been massively unlucky with injuries. All I hope for is a 17th place finish come the end of the season? Either way? I will always be a proud Norwich fan. :-bd

In my opinion, yes!

_____

I certainly hope they will stand by Farke. He has been like a breath of fresh air to everything at the club. We have just been massively unlucky with injuries. All I hope for is a 17th place finish come the end of the season? Either way? I will always be a proud Norwich fan. :-bd

I hope so too. Norwich have been really unlucky with injuries, and that has definitely had an impact on performances. Still plenty of points to play for!
    For various reasons I've been unable to make the usual end of gameweek round-ups, but here's finally a gameweek 11 and gameweek 12 update!

The winner of gameweek 11 was…me actually. Really happy about that!

uMEFVMn.jpg

And the gameweek 12 winner was Team Extreme - congratulations! =D>

HSqBchH.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme

And here is how our league performed in gameweek 12. 14 out of 19 beat the gameweek average of 48 points - well played!
    League table standings:

1. Team Extreme: GW: 83 - TOT 672
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 68 - TOT 669
    3. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 75 - TOT 652
    4. 11 FishFingers: GW 68 - TOT 640
    5. AFC Fritzson: GW 76 - TOT 639
    6. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 59 - TOT 633
    7. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 53 - TOT 630
    8. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 74 - TOT 620
    9. Anfield FC: GW 62 - TOT 611
    10. Overload: GW 57 - TOT 604
    11. bliblikadek: GW 59 - TOT 599
    12. George'sRetroRockets: GW 34 - TOT 586
    13. GoldyTheRef: GW 43 - TOT 579
    14. Benny's Blues: GW 71 - TOT 575
    15. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 65 - TOT 574
    16. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 39 - TOT 571
    17. Flitwick Flyers: GW 31 - TOT 538
    18. MEJICO POWA: GW 59 - TOT 537
    19. Manchester United: GW 29 - TOT 306
    ________

It's a regular deadline this gameweek - tomorrow at 11:30 (UK time).
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,271
    Congratulations to the GW winners

Just listening to Football Scout, Salah and Robertson are doubts, Odoi unlikely and Pulisic a doubt, also game maybe to early for Jiminez after a long trip after International duty. Any Henderson (Sheffield United) owners he can't play against Man United (parent club)

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,690
    My team for this Gameweek:

Ryan
    Aké, Janmaat, Chiwell, Lundstram
    Pulisic, Salah, H Wilson
    Vardy (C), Aguero, Abraham

I'm hoping to get big points from Vardy to make up for being stuck with 2 goalies (Gueita + Ryan) with tough fixtures.
    Ryan
    Soyoncu, TAA, Lundstrum
    Salah, Sterling, Martial, Mount
    Jiminez, Vardy, Abraham

I am undecided about my captain

Ryan
    Pulisic, Salah, H Wilson

I'm hoping to get big points from Vardy to make up for being stuck with 2 goalies (Gueita + Ryan) with tough fixtures.

There is always a chance Ryan will get good save points
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,690

Ryan
    Pulisic, Salah, H Wilson

There is always a chance Ryan will get good save points

With my luck he is more likely to get yellow carded instead. :-))