The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I still have Boly though only playing three at the back so I can cover it short term, though soon as International Break is over he is gone, his price has already dropped I noticed Gr I could get rid now though I want TAA back and can't do a straight swap.

I could get rid of Boly and one of KDB or Sterling and bring in Martial and TAA for a hit, I can't make my mind up.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,265
    Tempted I can just make that transfer with current prices, I think TAA and Martial will get more points than KDB, so logically long term a good move?
    AridInsistentAngelwingmussel-small.gif
    I still have Boly though only playing three at the back so I can cover it short term, though soon as International Break is over he is gone, his price has already dropped I noticed Gr I could get rid now though I want TAA back and can't do a straight swap.

I could get rid of Boly and one of KDB or Sterling and bring in Martial and TAA for a hit, I can't make my mind up.

Those moves could pay off, but a hit for TAA who plays against City. Personally I'd rather just do one of the transfers to avoid the hit. I've been making a lot of mistakes this season though, so don't listen to me, haha!
    Tempted I can just make that transfer with current prices, I think TAA and Martial will get more points than KDB, so logically long term a good move?

In other words you can't make the transfers if there's a price rise on one of them? If so, that changes things. It could pat off if it's long term moves.

Those moves could pay off, but a hit for TAA who plays against City. Personally I'd rather just do one of the transfers to avoid the hit. I've been making a lot of mistakes this season though, so don't listen to me, haha!

In other words you can't make the transfers if there's a price rise on one of them? If so, that changes things. It could pat off if it's long term moves.

Both have good fixtures and despite United being terrible Martial is there key player, I have a feeling Liverpool will beat City and TAA is on fire with assist potential, he could get points against that City defence and Rodri out makes City more vulnerable at the back
    My starting 11...
    Ryan
    Soyuncu, Lundstrum, TAA
    Mount, Martial, Sterling, Salah
    Jiminez, Vardy (C), Abraham (V)

Thought of swapping Pieters for Lundstrum though even at Spurs I am afraid to drop Lord Lundstrum :))
    Cantwell my first Sub if Mount does not play
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,270

Both have good fixtures and despite United being terrible Martial is there key player, I have a feeling Liverpool will beat City and TAA is on fire with assist potential, he could get points against that City defence and Rodri out makes City more vulnerable at the back
    My starting 11...
    Ryan
    Soyuncu, Lundstrum, TAA

Thought of swapping Pieters for Lundstrum though even at Spurs I am afraid to drop Lord Lundstrum :))

Looks like you went ahead with the hit! Might pay off long-term ;-)

My team is:
    Pope
    Alexander-Arnold - Söyüncü - Lundstram - Rico
    Mount - De Bruyne - Sterling - Mané
    Vardy (C) - Abraham
    (McGovern - Connolly - Saka - Boly)

This might be the first gameweek where I had no doubts about who to captain. Vardy against Arsenal seemed the best option, IMO.

Edit: Wouldn't dream about benching Lundstram! He's a gift to this season's FPL!

My starting 11...
    Ryan
    Soyuncu, Lundstrum, TAA

My team is:
    Pope
    Vardy (C) - Abraham

This might be the first gameweek where I had no doubts about who to captain. Vardy against Arsenal seemed the best option, IMO.

Edit: Wouldn't dream about benching Lundstram! He's a gift to this season's FPL!

Vardy has a good record against Arsenal so I went with the history

I can get KDB back in if I removed one of my strikers down the line. Also I do have the option of Sterling to KDB or Salah to Mané, I will see how they do long term.

I went with my gut and took the hit, decided to go with my gut more as playing safe this season has not really worked for me. Gut decisions have been OK, not including Captain choices :))
    Watford goal vs Norwich, Deulofeu scored

Cantwell on bench for Norwich, I hope he stays there I already regret having him as first sub

My starting 11...
    Ryan
    Soyuncu, Lundstrum, TAA

My team is:
    Pope
    Vardy (C) - Abraham

He certainly has. Unfortunately…
    I can get KDB back in if I removed one of my strikers down the line. Also I do have the option of Sterling to KDB or Salah to Mané, I will see how they do long term.

It's always a good idea to have an easy way to get players back. One of the Fantasy Football Scout guys mentioned a while back that he likes to structure his team so he's only a hit away from getting just about any player.
    I went with my gut and took the hit, decided to go with my gut more as playing safe this season has not really worked for me. Gut decisions have been OK, not including Captain choices :))

I haven't trusted my gut feeling enough this season either – instead sticking to a plan. That worked last season, but but it certainly hasn't so far this season. Just shows how different each season can be really.

Cantwell on bench for Norwich, I hope he stays there I already regret having him as first sub

That was early!

My starting 11...
    Ryan
    Soyuncu, Lundstrum, TAA

My team is:
    Pope
    Vardy (C) - Abraham

It's always a good idea to have an easy way to get players back. One of the Fantasy Football Scout guys mentioned a while back that he likes to structure his team so he's only a hit away from getting just about any player.

I haven't trusted my gut feeling enough this season either – instead sticking to a plan. That worked last season, but but it certainly hasn't so far this season. Just shows how different each season can be really.

That was early!

I would be surprised if anyone is still at the Pukki Party

It's wise to be able to swap premium assets certainly in Midfield, Strikers this season not so much Kane, Aguero and Aubameyang this season so far I don't worry about not owning

My starting 11...
    Ryan
    Soyuncu, Lundstrum, TAA

My team is:
    Pope
    Vardy (C) - Abraham

That was early!

I would be surprised if anyone is still at the Pukki Party
    23.7% still is! Although there might be a few ghost teams among these.

It's wise to be able to swap premium assets certainly in Midfield, Strikers this season not so much Kane, Aguero and Aubameyang this season so far I don't worry about not owning

Yeah, being able to jump between mids has been important so far, I think. You could totally get away without the premium strikers. A bit surprising really, but it gives you more funds to spend elsewhere.
    Here are the gameweek 12 captaincy picks!
    Vardy: 8
    Abraham: 4
    Aubameyang: 2
    Salah: 2
    Kane: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Sterling: 1

Vardy is by far the most popular option this gameweek, facing a struggling Arsenal side. Abraham is also a popular option, playing Crystal Palace at home.

Good luck everyone!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    If I don't get an improvement in points this week, GW13 it's free hit time.

GW12
    Patricio
    van Dijk, Lundstram, Kelly, Diop
    Salah, Silva, Neves
    Abraham (vc), Vardy (c), Pukki
    Benny wrote: »
    If I don't get an improvement in points this week, GW13 it's free hit time.

GW12
    Patricio
    van Dijk, Lundstram, Kelly, Diop
    Salah, Silva, Neves
    Abraham (vc), Vardy (c), Pukki

No returns for Pukki last night, but your team looks promising for the rest of the games this weekend!
    Mount starts for Chelsea with Kante also starting which is an extra positive for Mount owners like me :D
    Mount starts for Chelsea with Kante also starting which is an extra positive for Mount owners like me :D

I expected him to be benched, so this is very positive!

Very positive for me also I think he may get a return today, I would have been kicking myself if Cantwell had to come off the bench so relieved

Very positive for me also I think he may get a return today, I would have been kicking myself if Cantwell had to come off the bench so relieved

Mount has been very involved in goals and chances so far this season, so if Chelsea scores there's a good chance he'll either be the goalscorer or the one delivering the assist!
    Not many of my team has played yet, onto Vardy and Soyuncu hope thet can deliver.

Just made a transfer before any price rises, Tomori in, Pieters out, long term a shrewd move I think
    I'm sure both Vardy and Söyüncü will deliver; they're playing against Arsenal after all.

Is Tomori playing during the international break?
    I'm sure both Vardy and Söyüncü will deliver; they're playing against Arsenal after all.

Unlikely Tomori will play much if at all, again I had to make the move now before any price change I needed to get a Chelsea defender in and Pieters was dropped today, for the first time in ages my defense is looking as good as my midfield and attack

Unlikely Tomori will play much if at all, again I had to make the move now before any price change I needed to get a Chelsea defender in and Pieters was dropped today, for the first time in ages my defense is looking as good as my midfield and attack

If Tomori isn't playing it's probably a safe long-term move. I'm considering a Chelsea defender too, but will need time to think about alternatives first.

If Tomori isn't playing it's probably a safe long-term move. I'm considering a Chelsea defender too, but will need time to think about alternatives first.

A Leicester goal is looking likely

Very.

(unfortunately)

Very.

(unfortunately)

Both teams will score I think

Very.

(unfortunately)

Both teams will score I think

Arsenal have at times looked inaccurate and sluggish so far. Don't think they'll have many goalscoring opportunities. Vardy will score as usual.
    Shock horror I am getting captain points

Your defense is an issue, some players just can't build from the back, wrong personnel for tactics
    Vardy assist get in
    Does Arsenal realise they are losing, poor reaction
    Does Arsenal realise they are losing, poor reaction

They are done. This season is over for them.

Will those in charge will act on it; I don't think so.