The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Just got a lot worse as a few late first half goals have wiped out any clean sheet potential I had

Same here (Söyüncü and Pope)…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am switching off from FPL until full time hopefully when I check later things will look better :))
    I am switching off from FPL until full time hopefully when I check later things will look better :))

Sometimes that works! :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,271
    What a load of rubbish :)) FPL gods dam you
    Pukki yellow card just gets better
    Pukki yellow card just gets better

Typical FPL…
    No Aguero, my decision to dump Mahrez appears to be a good one. Mendy returning is encouraging for Sterling as he will likely cut in more.
    No Aguero, my decision to dump Mahrez appears to be a good one. Mendy returning is encouraging for Sterling as he will likely cut in more.

The gameweek I get rid of Sterling. Might have to take him back for a hit now that Mendy's back!

The gameweek I get rid of Sterling. Might have to take him back for a hit now that Mendy's back!

With City defence in crisis its difficult to predict Pep line up even more than before, moving forward I am thinking going top heavy with Liverpool and City attackers
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,690
    I'm starting to be convinced now that Pep Guardiola has an FPL team and bases Man City's starting XI specifically to mess with his FPL opponents.
    I'm starting to be convinced now that Pep Guardiola has an FPL team and bases Man City's starting XI specifically to mess with his FPL opponents.

That would not surprise me at all

I have been wary of getting in Aguero since Jesus complained to Pep about not starting enough

With City defence in crisis its difficult to predict Pep line up even more than before, moving forward I am thinking going top heavy with Liverpool and City attackers

Liverpool will have a nice run a fixtures (City game aside) from November going forward. You're probably on to something here!

Many FPL managers think so!

FoolishGivingChihuahua-small.gif

…and he's probably loving it!
    I am happy KDB did not punish me, points wise everyone is much of a muchness many big players not delivering.... Again
    I am happy KDB did not punish me, points wise everyone is much of a muchness many big players not delivering.... Again

He had plenty of opportunities to get a decent score. It's incredible it didn't happen!

Looks like yet another difficult gameweek for a lot of managers. Many will be hoping for returns tomorrow and Monday.

He had plenty of opportunities to get a decent score. It's incredible it didn't happen!

Looks like yet another difficult gameweek for a lot of managers. Many will be hoping for returns tomorrow and Monday.

Already made a transfer Jiminez for Greenwood, will bring KDB in for a hit if all well after CL game, Son is out for me Spurs are poor

Already made a transfer Jiminez for Greenwood, will bring KDB in for a hit if all well after CL game, Son is out for me Spurs are poor

Keep in mind Wolves play Thursday. I'd at least wait doing the De Bruyne transfer for as long as possible.

Didn't notice Hudson-Odoi got an assist today. That + 3 bonus points (!) came as a nice surprise!

Keep in mind Wolves play Thursday. I'd at least wait doing the De Bruyne transfer for as long as possible.

Didn't notice Hudson-Odoi got an assist today. That + 3 bonus points (!) came as a nice surprise!

Too late Jiminez in, to be honest it's difficult to see who is going to do well so not over thinking it too much.

Hudson-Odoi could be a steal if he goes on a run, he is a very good player I am not sure he will always start so went for Mount

Too late Jiminez in, to be honest it's difficult to see who is going to do well so not over thinking it too much.

But you haven't transferred De Bruyne in yet, right? Unless price changes (or drops) makes the transfer difficult, I'd wait getting him until after Wolves play Thursday. You never know what might happen.
    Hudson-Odoi could be a steal if he goes on a run, he is a very good player I am not sure he will always start so went for Mount

I have Mount too, so getting Hudson-Odoi was a risky differential move. Paid off this weekend, but I'm not sure yet if he'll start every game.

But you haven't transferred De Bruyne in yet, right? Unless price changes (or drops) makes the transfer difficult, I'd wait getting him until after Wolves play Thursday. You never know what might happen.

I have Mount too, so getting Hudson-Odoi was a risky differential move. Paid off this weekend, but I'm not sure yet if he'll start every game.

Took a hit to get KDB back, got him in at what I sold him for and gained 0.1 on Son sale, can't risk a price shift for either player.

I am happy with my team now, I am thinking of ignoring FPL for a few weeks as my interest has wained a bit, the low scoring has not helped

Watching highlights, VAR is a joke

Took a hit to get KDB back, got him in at what I sold him for and gained 0.1 on Son sale, can't risk a price shift for either player.

Then it's not that bad a transfer, I think. I've often lost out on getting players for being patient – and when not, it's backfired! It's the unpredictability of the game, I guess.

I am happy with my team now, I am thinking of ignoring FPL for a few weeks as my interest has wained a bit, the low scoring has not helped

Watching highlights, VAR is a joke

Feeling a bit similar towards FPL at the moment. Scores are pretty much average at best, and no matter what I do, there's little progress. Still early though, so things might change quickly.

The problem is how they use VAR, and the rules of "clear and obvious" etc. - which clearly doesn't work. VAR works much better in other countries, so the PL needs to do what they do in other leagues.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Oh to have hindsight. Another shocking week collecting only 20 points so far, with only Salah left to give me any hope. Doesn't help that Aguero didn't play and he's my captain. And had Ederson on the bench.
    Ahh well, it's only a game. And of course, there's always next week. ;)
    Benny wrote: »
    Oh to have hindsight. Another shocking week collecting only 20 points so far, with only Salah left to give me any hope. Doesn't help that Aguero didn't play and he's my captain. And had Ederson on the bench.

The average is 23 though, so 20 points isn't bad so far! Salah might get something today too. ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

The average is 23 though, so 20 points isn't bad so far! Salah might get something today too. ;-)

No Salah for today. :(

No Salah for today. :(

That's bad luck! Didn't hear anything about Salah potentially missing out earlier, so this was a bit of a surprise.
    Not surprised by the United result very much de ja Vue.

Unless Lundstrum scores a few goals tomorrow this is my worst GW ever

I think many will have a worst gameweek ever by the looks of it! :(

I was asleep so missed the build up, Salah injury was a blow FPL wise, looks like Ole has stalled his inevitable departure. Guaranteed he will continue to park the bus at Norwich which will be appalling

I was asleep so missed the build up, Salah injury was a blow FPL wise, looks like Ole has stalled his inevitable departure. Guaranteed he will continue to park the bus at Norwich which will be appalling

Norwich aren't on their best right now either. Fancy United to win that fixture.

Norwich aren't on their best right now either. Fancy United to win that fixture.

United should flat out have a go at Norwich though they won't