The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Not surprised by the United result very much de ja Vue.

Unless Lundstrum scores a few goals tomorrow this is my worst GW ever

I think many will have a worst gameweek ever by the looks of it! :(

I was asleep so missed the build up, Salah injury was a blow FPL wise, looks like Ole has stalled his inevitable departure. Guaranteed he will continue to park the bus at Norwich which will be appalling

Norwich aren't on their best right now either. Fancy United to win that fixture.

United should flat out have a go at Norwich though they won't

It's a good opportunity to get a win though, so you never know. They might go for it.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Went through my captaincy picks this season so far, and it turns out I’ve made the wrong choice between captains and vice captains all but two gameweeks: gameweek 6 when I got De Bruyne's 17 points from Sterling who didn’t play, and gameweek 8 when Sterling (captain) and Salah (vice captain) both got two points each.

Player points from each gameweek (without added points for having the captaincy):

GW 1: Salah 12 - Sterling (VC) 20
    GW 2: Salah 3 - Sterling (VC) 6
    GW 3: Sterling 8 - Salah (VC) 15
    GW 4: Sterling 3 - Salah (VC) 6
    GW 5: Sterling 2 - Salah (VC) 9
    GW 6: KDB VC 17
    GW 7: Sterling 7 - KDB (VC) 9
    GW 8: Sterling 2 - Salah (VC) 2
    GW 9: Abraham 2 - KDB (VC) 3

Captaincy total (incl. KDB’s VC points in GW 6): 56
    Vice captaincy total: 87

Looks like I should do things differently going forward, captaining the player I only want as vice-captain!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Went through my captaincy picks this season so far, and it turns out I’ve made the wrong choice between captains and vice captains all but two gameweeks: gameweek 6 when I got De Bruyne's 17 points from Sterling who didn’t play, and gameweek 8 when Sterling (captain) and Salah (vice captain) both got two points each.

Player points from each gameweek (without added points for having the captaincy):

Looks like I should do things differently going forward, captaining the player I only want as vice-captain!

Interesting I bet mine is similar, I will have a look shortly just woke up, need a pizza

Interesting I bet mine is similar, I will have a look shortly just woke up, need a pizza

You can never go wrong with pizza!
    ________

1-0 Sheffield United. Predicted Arsenal to lose this, and it looks like it will happen. Arsenal are horrible.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,102

________

1-0 Sheffield United. Predicted Arsenal to lose this, and it looks like it will happen. Arsenal are horrible.

GW 1 – (c) Salah 24 (v) Kane 13

GW 2 - (c) Kane 4 (v) Salah 3

GW 3 - (c) Kane 4 (v) Salah 15

GW 4 - (c) Sterling 6 (v) Salah 6

GW 5 - (c) Salah 18 (v) Sterling 2

GW 6 - (c) Vardy 4 (v) Sterling 0

GW 7 - (c) Abraham 4 (v) KDB 9

GW 8 - (c) Sterling 4 (v) Pukki 1

GW 9 - (c) Abraham 4 (v) Sterling 5

My big points generally have been outside my Captaincy and Vice Captaincy picks

Watching the game Arsenal should have done better with that corner, hoping for a Lunstrum clean sheet

________

Watching the game Arsenal should have done better with that corner, hoping for a Lunstrum clean sheet

Looks like you you're in the same boat as me when it comes to captains/vice captains this season! Frustrating, isn't it. :-(

You have good chances of a Lundstram clean sheet. Arsenal aren't creating anything, and won't get anything from this game.

________

Looks like you you're in the same boat as me when it comes to captains/vice captains this season! Frustrating, isn't it. :-(

You have good chances of a Lundstram clean sheet. Arsenal aren't creating anything, and won't get anything from this game.

Looking through my GW's I did miss big points my Captaincy pics are rubbish, I may resort to flipping a coin, or create a Captaincy Roulette spinning wheel

________

Looking through my GW's I did miss big points my Captaincy pics are rubbish, I may resort to flipping a coin, or create a Captaincy Roulette spinning wheel

I'm thinking of captaining the player I'd rather have as a vice captain!

________

You could try that for a few weeks, I find I am influenced by fixtures which blind sides me

________

You could try that for a few weeks, I find I am influenced by fixtures which blind sides me

Currently have De Bruyne captain and Aubameyang vice captain for next gameweek. De Bruyne certainly looks more tempting for the armband…
    I have KDB as captain and Sterling as Vice, either could do well though I have gone with them in case one is dropped :))
    I have KDB as captain and Sterling as Vice, either could do well though I have gone with them in case one is dropped :))

That might be a good idea as you never know with Pep!

I got caught out last time one was dropped, if its a home game I feel if one gets dropped the other should play in normal circumstances... though maybe that's a bad idea and I should captain a player from another team, I still have Salah and Spurs are rubbish, you can tie yourself in knots though what I have been doing is not working so far

I got caught out last time one was dropped, if its a home game I feel if one gets dropped the other should play in normal circumstances... though maybe that's a bad idea and I should captain a player from another team, I still have Salah and Spurs are rubbish, you can tie yourself in knots though what I have been doing is not working so far

We can go back and forth with these decisions all week, but I think that unless there are injuries, just picking a captain and sticking to it is the best decision.

I know I will fail doing so though! :))

We can go back and forth with these decisions all week, but I think that unless there are injuries, just picking a captain and sticking to it is the best decision.

I think I will try names in a hat approach :)) and I will stick to it, will do it now I will put four names in... first pick (c) second (v)

I think I will try names in a hat approach :)) and I will stick to it, will do it now I will put four names in... first pick (c) second (v)

Let us know who you ned up with!

Oh cr@p...

First pick and my Captain is... TAA, Second and Vice is KDB, Third is Sterling and Fourth is Salah

Oh cr@p...

First pick and my Captain is... TAA, Second and Vice is KDB, Third is Sterling and Fourth is Salah

Could be worse! Just keep an eye on who plays midweek and if there's any injuries.

Oh cr@p...

Could be worse! Just keep an eye on who plays midweek and if there's any injuries.

Sterling and Salah will come in if the top two miss out, to be honest its impossible to pick players as Captain this season, TAA could easily get an assist and clean sheet against Spurs at home
    Son dropped in price today I was wise to make a quick transfer to KDB

Oh cr@p...

Sterling and Salah will come in if the top two miss out, to be honest its impossible to pick players as Captain this season, TAA could easily get an assist and clean sheet against Spurs at home

This season has been completely unpredictable. Two seasons back I just stuck to captaining Salah most gameweeks, and it worked out fine.
    Son dropped in price today I was wise to make a quick transfer to KDB

Price drops are the worst. Good you went through with the transfer at the right time!
    Sheffield hanging on they have played well so far

Pepe a flop?
    31 points this GW thanks to my top points haul from Lundstrum :))
    After 9 games...
    Lundstrum *(4.6m) 45points
    Pepe *(9.3) 29 points

*current price

Pepe a flop?

He hasn't settled with the team, that's for sure. Will have to give him more time though.

32 here!
    After 9 games...
    Pepe *(9.3) 29 points

*current price

It's a good idea to follow points pr. million. We need players that are good value in our teams.

Pepe a flop?

He hasn't settled with the team, that's for sure. Will have to give him more time though.

32 here!
    After 9 games...
    Pepe *(9.3) 29 points

*current price

It's a good idea to follow points pr. million. We need players that are good value in our teams.

I was tipped to get Lunstrum in preseason he has been a great signing as a cheap option, I play him most weeks

Pepe a flop?

32 here!
    After 9 games...
    Pepe *(9.3) 29 points

*current price

I was tipped to get Lunstrum in preseason he has been a great signing as a cheap option, I play him most weeks

It was only because I support Arsenal I didn't play him this gameweek. Going forward I will have to play against Arsenal in FPL.
    Because United have been so poor this season going forward it has removed club bias, United actually have a decent defense though because we cant attack it constantly puts pressure on our defense. If United could grab the elusive second goal in games it would make the world of difference with regards to getting defensive assets. Ole is way too cautious even more so when we get a lead, we can always see the equalizer coming from the opposition
    Because United have been so poor this season going forward it has removed club bias, United actually have a decent defense though because we cant attack it constantly puts pressure on our defense. If United could grab the elusive second goal in games it would make the world of difference with regards to getting defensive assets. Ole is way too cautious even more so when we get a lead, we can always see the equalizer coming from the opposition

It's easy to fall for the trap of club bias I think. I brought in Aubameyang knowing the issues Arsenal have, and I got punished for it this gameweek. I'm tempted to bring in Vardy instead so I can use funds in midfield instead.
    I think I forgot to write about our gameweek 8 winner, so here's to 11 FishFingers - congratulations! =D>

r5vbNEm.jpg

Gameweek 9 is also finished, and for the first time we have not only one, but two gameweek winners! Congratulations to LVLA Skopje 05 and EMRE CAN Fan! =D>

Gtp8kDB.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan

And here's how the league managed in gameweek 9. 9 out of 19 teams managed to beat the average gameweek score of 37. This was a particularly difficult gameweek, so here's hoping next gameweek will be a better one!
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 32 - TOT 485
    2. Team Extreme: GW 31 - TOT 471
    3. George'sRetroRockets: GW 39 - TOT 470
    4. 11 FishFingers: GW 35 - TOT 470
    5. Anfield FC: GW 42 - TOT 463
    6. GoldyTheRef: GW 44 - TOT 462
    7. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 25 - TOT 456
    8. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 48 - TOT 456
    9. bliblikadek: GW 32 - TOT 453
    10. AFC Fritzson: GW 34 - TOT 451
    11. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 43 - TOT 449
    12. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 48 - TOT 449
    12. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 47 - TOT 449
    14. Overload: GW 32 - TOT 429
    15. Benny's Blues: GW 24 - TOT 426
    16. Flitwick Flyers: GW 30 - TOT 413
    17. bobby’sfashionsense: GW39 - TOT 397
    18. MEJICO POWA: GW 30 - TOT 381
    19. Manchester United: GW 41 - TOT 214
    _________

Gameweek 10 deadline will be this Friday at 19:00 UK time, so remember to have your teams ready by then!