The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The new season will be here quick this year is flying by, its crazy Baddiel and Skinner's Fantasy Football was over 20 years ago, madness.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,267
    The new season will be here quick this year is flying by, its crazy Baddiel and Skinner's Fantasy Football was over 20 years ago, madness.

I'm still not used to writing/saying 2019 instead of 2018, haha!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Summer has finally shown up here, though I am all too aware it wont last long.

Summer has finally shown up here, though I am all too aware it wont last long.

It's a bit warmer here too now, but I wouldn't call it summer just yet. Hopefully it will feel even more like summer in a few weeks. Perhaps FPL is up and running again by then too!
    Went to the beach earlier today the tourists are out in mass, as much as I like the Sun I hate crowds of people lol
    Went to the beach earlier today the tourists are out in mass, as much as I like the Sun I hate crowds of people lol

I've never been one for beaches really – most of all crowded ones. Give me a nice, quiet outdoor location where I can read my books, and I'll be happy!

I've never been one for beaches really – most of all crowded ones. Give me a nice, quiet outdoor location where I can read my books, and I'll be happy!

I am used to the coast I go as often as possible, though sand clogs up my Mountain Bike which is irritating, I tend to head into the country side when the weather is great. I probably do more cycling this year as there are no major football tournaments on

I am used to the coast I go as often as possible, though sand clogs up my Mountain Bike which is irritating, I tend to head into the country side when the weather is great. I probably do more cycling this year as there are no major football tournaments on

That seems like a nice way to spend the summer! I only live a few minutes walk from the nearest shore, but it's the rocky kind, not a sandy beach, so it's not the ideal place to lay down reading – unless you bring sitting pads or similar.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!

Yes, it's closer to 25, rather than 20, years ago, I'm afraid.

I'm reaching a milestone age this summer - been feeling rather reflective since the turn of the year and tuned into how much time's passed since my youth. Not always an enjoyable experience, to be honest. Hey-ho. ;)

Anyway, yes; roll on the new season! :)
    Just finished watching that! Based on the fixture list, I've noted down a few players to target for the first few gameweeks. All will depend on prices though, as I can see plenty of players coming at much higher prices than last year.
    Just finished watching that! Based on the fixture list, I've noted down a few players to target for the first few gameweeks. All will depend on prices though, as I can see plenty of players coming at much higher prices than last year.

Just watching now, not convinced by Everton despite end of season form. For a minute the team selection anxiety came back :))
    For complete fixture list of the 2019/2020 season, check out the link below:
    https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures

Great stuff will have a look later

Just watching now, not convinced by Everton despite end of season form. For a minute the team selection anxiety came back :))

Haha, I'm feeling that already too! I think Digne and Sigurðsson might be worth looking at, but they won't be cheap options.

It's only the fixture list, but it's handy having the link to it in case of fixture changes etc.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 23,263

Haha, I'm feeling that already too! I think Digne and Sigurðsson might be worth looking at, but they won't be cheap options.

It's only the fixture list, but it's handy having the link to it in case of fixture changes etc.

Will our league carry over from last season or do new leagues have to be set up and FPL managers re apply
    I have just reregistered my details on the app
    Can't seem to remember all the details, but I remember logging in after the game launched, and registered my team for the season. All details like team name etc. had to be registered again. As for leagues I think they need to be reregistered, but I think it's a simple thing to do.

I've been thinking of how to improve the thread for next season. Any suggestions? I would really like to keep things interesting, and have as many members as possible not only joining the game, but also participating in the discussion here.
    Can't seem to remember all the details, but I remember logging in after the game launched, and registered my team for the season. All details like team name etc. had to be registered again. As for leagues I think they need to be reregistered, but I think it's a simple thing to do.

I've been thinking of how to improve the thread for next season. Any suggestions? I would really like to keep things interesting, and have as many members as possible not only joining the game, but also participating in the discussion here.

It's good when it's spontaneous discussions, and more the merrier when games are playing and we discuss ongoing events.

It's good when it's spontaneous discussions, and more the merrier when games are playing and we discuss ongoing events.

Indeed! I'm just wondering if there's any possibilities to keep make interesting as far as content goes. I'll probably be updating the very first post with some more info, links etc, as there's so much content out there worth mentioning (Fantasy Football Scout etc.)

I also did the weekly captaincy picks throughout the season (and weekly league standings, until I forgot updating it), and stuff like that might be worth keep doing. Maybe there's more that can be done for each gameweek?
    Might be worth keeping an eye on the official FPL Twitter account the coming days!

Indeed! I'm just wondering if there's any possibilities to keep make interesting as far as content goes. I'll probably be updating the very first post with some more info, links etc, as there's so much content out there worth mentioning (Fantasy Football Scout etc.)

I also did the weekly captaincy picks throughout the season (and weekly league standings, until I forgot updating it), and stuff like that might be worth keep doing. Maybe there's more that can be done for each gameweek?

I will try to think of some idea's, you could have Mr/Mrs FPL each game week. Whoever gets the most points that GW gets the crown

I will try to think of some idea's, you could have Mr/Mrs FPL each game week. Whoever gets the most points that GW gets the crown

Like a weekly winner thing?

Yeah if anything its a positive thing, I had many bad game weeks and if I got the best score one week I felt like I achieved something

Yeah if anything its a positive thing, I had many bad game weeks and if I got the best score one week I felt like I achieved something

Good point; everyone is likely to get a few high scores, so it might be worth having a gameweek winner thing. Actually, we can have multiple winner competitions: weekly (gameweek) winner, monthly winner and overall winner. In addition we can also have a most gameweeks won winner too, as that might actually end up a different player than the overall winner!

Good point; everyone is likely to get a few high scores, so it might be worth having a gameweek winner thing. Actually, we can have multiple winner competitions: weekly (gameweek) winner, monthly winner and overall winner. In addition we can also have a most gameweeks won winner too, as that might actually end up a different player than the overall winner!

thats a good way to get people more involved

Let's hope so! It might be a bit time consuming, but I might consider making a banner for each gameweek, month, etc., announcing the winner. Just to make something more of the competition. Here's how FPL have done it:

MOTW-GW7.png

Let's hope so! It might be a bit time consuming, but I might consider making a banner for each gameweek, month, etc., announcing the winner. Just to make something more of the competition. Here's how FPL have done it:

MOTW-GW7.png

That look great I think it will help maintain interest within the mini league

MOTW-GW7.png

I'll definitely need to simplify it somewhat, making a simple, editable template file. But it could just be a simple background, headline and team name, etc.

MOTW-GW7.png

I'll definitely need to simplify it somewhat, making a simple, editable template file. But it could just be a simple background, headline and team name, etc.

I would not over think it you did a great job with the thread last season