The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Looks like Casemiro is signing for United, world class player should get a good 2 or 3 years from him.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12676798/casemiro-manchester-united-agree-59-5m-deal-for-real-madrid-midfielder

=D> Too right!

---

Edited: Glazers opening the piggy bank big time, we are still after de Jong and made a new bid of 90 Million Euro's for Antony.

Manu should try and get James Maddison instead ?
    Darwin out for 3 weeks so looking for a new forward.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Looks like Casemiro is signing for United, world class player should get a good 2 or 3 years from him.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12676798/casemiro-manchester-united-agree-59-5m-deal-for-real-madrid-midfielder

=D> Too right!

---

Edited: Glazers opening the piggy bank big time, we are still after de Jong and made a new bid of 90 Million Euro's for Antony.

United close to signing Gapko and still after Antony who has gone on strike at Ajax according to reports. It would appear Ronny will leave if we get these two attackers in.

I think Maddison is too similar to the likes of Bruno and Erikson even DVDB, we are well stacked in that area.

---

Not the best of fixtures for me this GW especially with having a strong bench, do I risk benching Newcastle assets on the assumption they will get nothing vs City. A big risk certainly when they are at home.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Some reports suggesting Chelsea are interested in Maguire... PLEASE PLEASE TAKE HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D> Too right!

---

United close to signing Gapko and still after Antony who has gone on strike at Ajax according to reports. It would appear Ronny will leave if we get these two attackers in.

I think Maddison is too similar to the likes of Bruno and Erikson even DVDB, we are well stacked in that area.

---

Not the best of fixtures for me this GW especially with having a strong bench, do I risk benching Newcastle assets on the assumption they will get nothing vs City. A big risk certainly when they are at home.

Glazers opening up their wallets big time now. Protests cancelled.? :)>-

=D> Too right!

---

---

Glazers opening up their wallets big time now. Protests cancelled.? :)>-

One suspects they are panicking a bit, or the penny has dropped that our squad is shambolic. There were report's that the Glazers allegedly will be looking for loans or further investment to extend Old Trafford.

Plans to extend Old Trafford using yet more debt causing uproar among fans
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/plans-extend-old-trafford-using-23749546
    I made a few last minute changes not sure if I beat the deadline...
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,325
    Spurs 1 - 0 Wolves Kane goal Perisic assist. Wolves were good for the first half though really struggle to score goals.
    Spurs 1 - 0 Wolves Kane goal Perisic assist. Wolves were good for the first half though really struggle to score goals.

Really wanted to bring in Perišić, but last night's price changes made it impossible to make the transfer…

Really wanted to bring in Perišić, but last night's price changes made it impossible to make the transfer…

My concern with Perišić was game time so thought I would wait and see, Spurs have good options in that area of the pitch.
    Here are the gameweek 3 captain picks!
    Salah: 8
    Jesus: 6
    Haaland: 2
    De Bruyne: 2
    Kulusevski: 1

We only have five different captaincy picks for gameweek 3, with the majority hoping for points from Salah facing a United in poor form, or Jesus who faces the newly promoted Bournemouth. Good luck everyone!

My concern with Perišić was game time so thought I would wait and see, Spurs have good options in that area of the pitch.

That's the reason I didn't make an early move for him last night before the price changes – in case there would be late news or rumours of him not starting. I went against my gut feeling on this one, so I can only hope I won't get punished by this decision…

In any case I would have brought him in for a few games only, with the idea of moving him on to whoever stands out a couple of gameweeks later.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,353
    Jesus captain for me this gw.

We only have five different captaincy picks for gameweek 3, with the majority hoping for points from Salah facing a United in poor form, or Jesus who faces the newly promoted Bournemouth. Good luck everyone!

4 boring games on atm. :))
    Watkins and Zaha already scored in Palcace v Villa, Zaha I will consider for sure.
    I went Salah though after was thinking I should maybe have gone for Jesus as captain, United have been awful though you just never know vs Liverpool at home.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,353
    Watkins and Zaha considered but i chose Toney.
    Mitrovic considered too.
    8 points on the bench so far.
    Exclusive: Man Utd push to complete three more transfers as Erik ten Hag spends way out of crisis
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfers-spending-casemiro-27790309

Panic mode activated, potential £300 million spend.

The fact a week ago we were trying to sign Rabiot and Arnotavic is mind boggling.

---

Think I have learned my lesson with Ward, Leicester appear incapable of a clean sheet.

Watching the Fulham-Brentford game myself. Very fun match!
    Exclusive: Man Utd push to complete three more transfers as Erik ten Hag spends way out of crisis
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfers-spending-casemiro-27790309

The fact a week ago we were trying to sign Rabiot and Arnotavic is mind boggling.

---

Think I have learned my lesson with Ward, Leicester appear incapable of a clean sheet.

United are probably forced to spend for short term and long term gain. Question is if they can get the right players…

Had Ward in my starting eleven all week, but looking at my team this morning before the deadline, my gut feeling made me change the goalkeeper spot to Sánchez. We'll know which is the better decision tomorrow!

---

United are probably forced to spend for short term and long term gain. Question is if they can get the right players…

Had Ward in my starting eleven all week, but looking at my team this morning before the deadline, my gut feeling made me change the goalkeeper spot to Sánchez. We'll know which is the better decision tomorrow!

Fulham-Brentford was fun.Toney scored 3 goals,2 offside though.
    Gunners on fire 🔥
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,279

---

Fulham-Brentford was fun.Toney scored 3 goals,2 offside though.

Toney and Mitrović delivering is making the 3 man attack very tempting!
    Gunners on fire 🔥

Good start, but they need to keep going for that third goal.
    Saliba goal thank you very much.

And what a goal!

And what a goal!

Saliba looks a player, I heard he really impressed in pre season so that's why I got him in.
    Sterling goes very close after 35 seconds.

Gallagher starting for Chelsea, I really rate him.
    Sterling goal offside... Leeds have started well.
    West Ham 0 - 1 Brighton Mac Allister goal, Welbeck assist. My Brighton assets are on the bench, really regretting not starting Sanchez, come on West Ham get a goal lol
    Oh my lord Mendy howler, Leeds take the lead through Aaronson.
    Koulibaly and Sterling on Yellow cards, Chelsea look rattled.

2 - 0 Leeds Rodrigo header.

Chelsea doing a Man United.

Chelsea look a shadow of the team they were last season never mind the team they were when they won the Champions League. They are missing Kante and Kovavic and the departures.

And what a goal!

Saliba looks a player, I heard he really impressed in pre season so that's why I got him in.

He's been impressive on loan in Ligue 1, but wasn't deemed ready for PL action until this season. He's been one of the standout players for Arsenal so far this season, so you wonder how Arsenal would have finished their 21/22 season if he wasn't sent out on loan again.

Chelsea look a shadow of the team they were last season never mind the team they were when they won the Champions League.

Couldn't afford Perišić, so I had to settle for Cucurella. The points gap between the two this gameweek will be massive…

And what a goal!

He's been impressive on loan in Ligue 1, but wasn't deemed ready for PL action until this season. He's been one of the standout players for Arsenal so far this season, so you wonder how Arsenal would have finished their 21/22 season if he wasn't sent out on loan again.

Chelsea look a shadow of the team they were last season never mind the team they were when they won the Champions League.

Couldn't afford Perišić, so I had to settle for Cucurella. The points gap between the two this gameweek will be massive…

Cucurella has looked lively in the games I have watched he could have had an assist for Sterling in this game.