The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited August 2022 Posts: 735
    Reece James goal get in FPL points...

He's got to be (along with TAA & Cancelo) an essential FPL pick in defense .... though the Kante hamstring injury poses a threat to his CS points.
    Wow Kane headed goal in the 95th minute from a corner. 2 - 2

Things getting very heated, Tuchel Red Carded.

Chelsea need a CF.

Cracking game Chelsea should have won that, good result for spurs.

Not a Chelsea fan but they were robbed ... clear red for Romero on Cucurella just before the Spurs' equalizer near the end.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Feyador wrote: »

Chelsea need a CF.

Not a Chelsea fan but they were robbed ... clear red for Romero on Cucurella just before the Spurs' equalizer near the end.

Hopefully TAA and Salah will deliver tonight, though as I Captained Haaland maybe it's better if Salah blanked lol
    Ten Hag has taken Martinez off, tough though he was being targeted because of his lack of height.

This was a topic when he signed. More banter than anything else though. Lack of height in his position could be an issue.

Its a baptism of fire for Ten Hag, Martinez often plays in midfield so his lack of suitability at CB may not be a total disaster, Martinez is our biggest signing this season so far, Premier League is unforgiving no matter which team you play, Martinez will get targeted a lot at CB.

Ten Hag needs to take a few steps back and play less expansive. Liverpool will destroy us if we start with the high line we have been playing.

Ten Hag will obviously have to change things up somehow, because Brentford really showed how to exploit United. And that's the difficult balancing act trying to get a team to play the way a manager wants them to, because the players at disposal might not be up for that task – which is why ten Hag needs backing in the transfer market. I draw up the comparison all the time, but United are at a very similar transitional period to where Arsenal have been (and still are).
    Well done Brentford =D>

The headlines will be all United for obvious reasons, but you got to give credit to Brentford, Thomas Frank and the players. It's a huge result for them, and they look strong. Like last season, they can be an exciting team to follow throughout the season.

The fallout is not good, after thinking about it I realize our fan base is part of the problem and we need to back and support our players and manager. It's clear to me many of the players have ability though struggle with the pressure of playing for United.

I knew last season it was going to be a long process for whom ever took the job, I was looking at Klopp's first teams at Liverpool and results, it took Klopp a few years to transform the team.

Again, very similar to Arsenal. The Arsenal fanbase have been so toxic (especially the ones on social media), and it's only now, after many years, the fanbase is starting to get better. That comes as a result of… results and signing the right players, which is what United need to do as well. It will take time though, as there's no quick fix.

Klopp is a good analogy to make as well. I think he overachieved with the squad he had at his disposal when he started out, and they've obviously improved with each season since.
    Here are the gameweek 2 captains!
    Haaland: 11
    Salah: 4
    Jesus: 2
    De Bruyne: 1
    Son: 1

After scoring twice last weekend, we see many managers jumping at the chance to captain Haaland, including 11 managers in our league. There's no gameweek without someone captaining Salah though, and he's backed by four managers. Good luck everyone!

Went Haaland, unfortunately ... but Jesus was on fire against Leicester. Serious captaincy option next GW against Bournemouth, especially with talk of fan protests canceling Salah at United game.

Yes, he could be. I'm vary of captaining Arsenal players though.
    Great win for Forest.

And 4.0 Neco Williams gets the clean sheet and a bonus point. Didn't see the game but apparently he's on set pieces and taking a lot of shots so probably I'll be starting him in my FPL team against Everton in GW3 (with Bailey on the bench or downgraded to a 4.4, hopefully. I'm on 2 FTs so not sure what else to do as I'm reasonably happy elsewhere, Mason Mount notwithstanding...)

Neco Williams might be one of my priority transfers, depending on tonight's result and team news. Great option to bench, and to play in easy fixtures.

Chelsea need a CF.

Cannot understand that Romero got away with it. Taylor had a clear view of the incident as well!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,327
    TAA must be the best crosser/passer in the league, Liverpool totally dominant should be leading. Next week at Old Trafford could be a horror show if we don't improve.
    Zaha goal :)) against the run of play, great finish.

Man united v Liverpool next week could be a relegation battle the way things are going. Zaha in again Palace causing problems.
    Nunez fluffs his lines again...

If I were United i would resign Zaha, we desperately need back up though he would start.
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,279
    Double Liverpool defence has not worked out so far this season. Might need to reconsider that decision…

Zaha is always a threat against any defence. Strange team selection by Klopp starting Philips.
    Double Liverpool defence has not worked out so far this season. Might need to reconsider that decision…

Zaha is always a threat against any defence. Strange team selection by Klopp starting Philips.

I think Matip, Gomez and Konate are injured.

Liverpool missing Mane, his runs used to cause the opposition all sorts of problems.
    Nunez sent off, wow glad I did not bring him in. Head but offense.
    Diaz scores a blinder.

Liverpool missing Mane, his runs used to cause the opposition all sorts of problems.

Gomez on at 63. Bet Klopp regret not starting him…

Had a plan for bringing him in should he have stood out tonight. He did, but not for the right reason!
    Diaz scores a blinder.

Wonderful goal! Diaz might be one to consider too…

Had a plan for bringing him in should he have stood out tonight. He did, but not for the right reason!
    Diaz scores a blinder.

Palace have not really exploited 10 men Liverpool. It will be interesting to see how many games Nunez misses, it maybe more than 3...

Diaz scores a blinder.

Palace have not really exploited 10 men Liverpool. It will be interesting to see how many games Nunez misses, it maybe more than 3...

Yes, they had a chance with Zaha (again), but have not really made too much an effort to get a second goal. Not that a draw at Anfield is a bad result in itself of course.

We won't have to rush to bring Nunez in, that's for sure!

Diaz scores a blinder.

Yes, they had a chance with Zaha (again), but have not really made too much an effort to get a second goal. Not that a draw at Anfield is a bad result in itself of course.

Nunez snapped way to easily, defenders will target him big time when he returns, he could be a liability for Liverpool early days.
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,279

Diaz scores a blinder.

Nunez snapped way to easily, defenders will target him big time when he returns, he could be a liability for Liverpool early days.

Yes, he definitely needs to keep his cool, and not become a liability for the team. It was silly how wound up he got in that situation.
    64 points for me for the second week in a row.
    64 points for me for the second week in a row.

That's a good start to the season. The average gameweek score have been quite high, with 57 points both gameweeks. Scoring 60+ points most gameweeks will give you a very good overall rank by the end of the season. In an article I read some years ago, 50 points and more in each gameweek could give you an overall rank inside the top 100k. There are more players now though, so the average might need to be a few points higher.
    With gameweek 2 finishing off in a dramatic fashion last night, we can finally say the season is really underway. Despite popular players like Salah and Haaland not delivering any goals or assists, the average points in gameweek 2 was 57 points. Several teams in our league beat the average score, but none more so than GuinnessLover, scoring impressive 83 points, and a gameweek rank of 328 230. Congratulations! =D>

BKDLiXv.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover

We have another Saturday deadline this week, at 11:00 UK times. Make sure to have your teams ready by then!
    I think that ManU are in an even worse position than the worst of Arsenal in recent years. Arteta has benefited massively (forced or by choice) from going with younger players last year and the club has finally gotten smart about transfers and an avoidance of "superstars" and over-the-hill players. It now feels like both Arteta & Edu know what their doing. Maybe it'll all go wrong again in a month, but I don’t think so. Yet every day at United there's talk of a new big name coming in with Casemiro being today's 'nom-de-jour' ....
    Elon Musk Tweets He’s Buying England’s Manchester United
    https://www.reuters.com/business/elon-musk-says-he-will-buy-manchester-united-2022-08-17/
    Edited: I don't go on Twitter though just heard he has a habit of trolling.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    With gameweek 2 finishing off in a dramatic fashion last night, we can finally say the season is really underway. Despite popular players like Salah and Haaland not delivering any goals or assists, the average points in gameweek 2 was 57 points. Several teams in our league beat the average score, but none more so than GuinnessLover, scoring impressive 83 points, and a gameweek rank of 328 230. Congratulations! =D>

BKDLiXv.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

We have another Saturday deadline this week, at 11:00 UK times. Make sure to have your teams ready by then!

I'll take it! :)>-
    Congratulations Guiness Lover =D>
    ---
    Billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe now linked with United, far more likely.
    Edited:
    Sir Jim Ratcliffe is interested in buying a stake in Manchester United, his spokesperson has said, with a view to taking full control of the club.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12675446/manchester-united-billionaire-sir-jim-ratcliffe-is-interested-in-buying-a-stake-in-the-club
    I think that ManU are in an even worse position than the worst of Arsenal in recent years. Arteta has benefited massively (forced or by choice) from going with younger players last year and the club has finally gotten smart about transfers and an avoidance of "superstars" and over-the-hill players. It now feels like both Arteta & Edu know what their doing. Maybe it'll all go wrong again in a month, but I don’t think so. Yet every day at United there's talk of a new big name coming in with Casemiro being today's 'nom-de-jour' ....

I struggle to see a clear plan with the names United are linked with as well. Few of these players suggest long term planning, even though they might be decent players. There's still time of course, but I expected more from ten Hag's first transfer window than United being linked with a few established names and former Ajax players. How much does ten Hag have to say about recruitment at United?

BKDLiXv.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

I'll take it! :)>-

Love the team name, @CraigMooreOHMSS! :D
    Congratulations Guiness Lover =D>
    ---
    Billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe now linked with United, far more likely.
    Edited:
    Sir Jim Ratcliffe is interested in buying a stake in Manchester United, his spokesperson has said, with a view to taking full control of the club.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12675446/manchester-united-billionaire-sir-jim-ratcliffe-is-interested-in-buying-a-stake-in-the-club

Is there ant chance that the Glazers might sell?
    According to Swiss Ramble:

"Putting these elements together, I estimate that the Glazers have taken out £1.1 bln from #MUFC (interest £743m, debt repayments £147m, dividends £166m, directors remuneration £55m & management fees £23m). Total cost to United rises to £1.6 bln if £465m share sales are included."

https://t.co/5EfthOfKPs

So is there any chance that the Glazers might sell? Probably not, which is why I think we may see things get really unpleasant from elements in the fan base in an attempt to force them out.
    With United's decline on the pitch fans cancelling subscriptions buying less merchandise etc the Glazers may feel if they were ever to sell now maybe the last chance they can get over 4 billion. (Not sure about current value)

There are protest's set before the Monday night game vs Liverpool, all eyes will be on that after what happened last time.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,353
    With United's decline on the pitch fans cancelling subscriptions buying less merchandise etc the Glazers may feel if they were ever to sell now maybe the last chance they can get over 4 billion. (Not sure about current value)

There are protest's set before the Monday night game vs Liverpool, all eyes will be on that after what happened last time.

Do you think the United fans or yourself would accept the club being bought by oil sheik's ?

I wouldn't be happy if that happens to Liverpool.

Man city and newcastle fans seem to accept it.

It's only 2 games in the season for the manager so it's too early too dismiss his "potential" ?

I remember some fans were protesting against fergie after a few years as well.

If i was the United manager i would try to grind out wins to start off with to give the players more confidence such as playing a more defensive formation and try to get clean sheets and counter on the break, 5-4-1.

Hopefully the protests don't interfere with the game going ahead as both clubs are desperate for a win and it being one of the best derbies in world football.

Do you think the United fans or yourself would accept the club being bought by oil sheik's ?

I wouldn't be happy if that happens to Liverpool.

Man city and newcastle fans seem to accept it.

It's only 2 games in the season for the manager so it's too early too dismiss his "potential" ?

I remember some fans were protesting against fergie after a few years as well.

If i was the United manager i would try to grind out wins to start off with to give the players more confidence such as playing a more defensive formation and try to get clean sheets and counter on the break, 5-4-1.

Hopefully the protests don't interfere with the game going ahead as both clubs are desperate for a win and it being one of the best derbies in world football.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe would almost be the the perfect owner, though I would take any owner at this point that would invest in all that is Man United. It appears the Glazers have had a knee jerk reaction to recent events and are willing to spend a lot of money all of sudden.

Rangnik had to do exactly what you suggested, Ten Hag maybe a bit more stubborn. as things stand we just don't have the players to implement Hags philosophy.
    Looks like Casemiro is signing for United, world class player should get a good 2 or 3 years from him.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12676798/casemiro-manchester-united-agree-59-5m-deal-for-real-madrid-midfielder

=D> Too right!

---

Edited: Glazers opening the piggy bank big time, we are still after de Jong and made a new bid of 90 Million Euro's for Antony.