The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Dam Pulisic not even in squad, 67 (Bednerak first sub Lascelles second sub Gr) points all out got some decisions very wrong Gr.

Seriously thinking of hitting Wildcard

Had a feeling Pulisic wouldn't start – but not feature at all, that's surprising! That's part of my reasoning going with Havertz, who would feature, no matter what.

I'm getting Mitchell on for Vinagre, so that saves my gameweek a bit. Will try and stick to the plan, but if anything happens that makes me think otherwise before the deadline, I'll be wildcarding. Prefer to get gameweek 2 out of the way first though.

Backing Spurs, SU and Southampton totally back fired, Spurs look like they are heading for melt down so may jump off Son immediately.

I know! Owning Davies and McCarthy doesn't look promising, so I will no doubt look at options as soon as possible.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Thankfully my Chelsea blunder did not hurt me too much.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,241

Expected more from Chelsea, to be honest. But missing so many players definitely affected them.

I'm happy with my points score, but I'm also unsure what to do now: Vinagre was a gamble that didn't pay off, and there are several other issues to look at. It's very tempting to play the wildcard already, but I don't know; maybe a hit is enough.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Expected more from Chelsea, to be honest. But missing so many players definitely affected them.

I'm happy with my points score, but I'm also unsure what to do now: Vinagre was a gamble that didn't pay off, and there are several other issues to look at. It's very tempting to play the wildcard already, but I don't know; maybe a hit is enough.

The only thing that will be stopping me from wildcarding is knowing which City and United assets are on form or rather match fit. Clearly a lack of preseason is effecting teams/players.

The only thing that will be stopping me from wildcarding is knowing which City and United assets are on form or rather match fit. Clearly a lack of preseason is effecting teams/players.

Yes, same here. I'm considering all opportunities until the deadline, but if I want to wildcard, I need to do so before the price rises.
    That's gameweek 1 finished, folks! Three days of football fun, and lots of good scores, looking at our league table standings. Two teams both finished the round on 74 points, sharing the top spot – ☆Fa3inho FC☆ and False 9 FC. Congratulations! =D>

lhKb3Af.jpg

And here are the league table standings (can also be found here).
    League table standings:
    1. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 74 – TOT 74
    1. False 9 FC: GW 74 – TOT 74
    3. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 72 – TOT 72
    4. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 71 – TOT 71
    5. Team Extreme: GW 67 – TOT 67
    6. El professor: GW 66 – TOT 66
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 58 – TOT 58
    8. Cremonese-killen: GW 55 – TOT 55
    9. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 54 – TOT 54
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 54 – TOT 54
    11. Shoots...he scores: GW 53 – TOT 53
    12. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 49 – TOT 49
    13. Anfield FC: GW 43 – TOT 43
    13. Ayew Crazy: GW 43 – TOT 43
    15. Honesty FC: GW 39 – TOT 39
    15. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 39 – TOT 39
    17. Raging Bulls: GW 28 – TOT 28
    18. Liverpool Richmond: GW 17 – TOT 17
    ________

I hope to make a new gameweek winner banner design at some point. But for now, the old one will have to do!
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    71 points - Not bad 😁
    71 points - Not bad 😁

It is – and that City double-up on the bench will make your team look even better this weekend!
    Congratulations to ☆Fa3inho FC☆ and False 9 FC.

---

I am hitting my Wild Card already.

---

What made you decide on playing it?
    edited September 2020 Posts: 23,105

---

Too many players look out of form and I wanted to bring in 3 United and City assets immediately. I pulled the trigger, last year i think i wildcarded GW3, also this Wildcard is only until GW16.

Also price rises KDB apparently going up in price tonight and people will pile on other assets.

---

Too many players look out of form and I wanted to bring in 3 United and City assets immediately. I pulled the trigger, last year i think i wildcarded GW3, also this Wildcard is only until GW16.

Also price rises KDB apparently going up in price tonight and people will pile on other assets.

That seems a fair decision to make, given the price rises and results during the weekend. I'm sitting here trying to decide before the price rises. I could wildcard and sort out the worst issues straight away, but – and it's a big but – the price points and players I want to cover aren't an option until gameweek 3… So I might just make a single transfer or take a hit, then wildcard in gameweek 3. I can let a few player go up in price, I think.
    Alright, just made an early transfer (and only one for now). This was the move I originally intended to do, so I'm sticking with it. However, it will put me at a disadvantage as far as price rises go, and I'm pretty certain I need to wildcard in gameweek 3.

Other options (which admittedly looked a bit better) would be for a hit. I have a few issues that might have to be looked at before the deadline, and making another transfer on top of taking a -4 hit would be too much. The question then would be of it isn't better to play the wildcard anyway, but it just feels a bit too early given the fixtures.
    Alright, just made an early transfer (and only one for now). This was the move I originally intended to do, so I'm sticking with it. However, it will put me at a disadvantage as far as price rises go, and I'm pretty certain I need to wildcard in gameweek 3.

Other options (which admittedly looked a bit better) would be for a hit. I have a few issues that might have to be looked at before the deadline, and making another transfer on top of taking a -4 hit would be too much. The question then would be of it isn't better to play the wildcard anyway, but it just feels a bit too early given the fixtures.

I hate having the wildcard so tend to get rid of it also so I can accrue greater value in m team. Second Wildcard I use almost immediately in the past.

I have just a couple of players to decide on with my Wildcard players thankfully that wont increase in value any time soon.

I hate having the wildcard so tend to get rid of it also so I can accrue greater value in m team. Second Wildcard I use almost immediately in the past.

I have just a couple of players to decide on with my Wildcard players thankfully that wont increase in value any time soon.

I think this season, using the wildcard early might be worth it. There will always be a case for saving it just a little while longer, but you have to weight up the advantage you might get from playing it early too.

The predicted price rises I worried about didn't happen last night after all, so that buys me another afternoon/evening to wonder if I should spend the wildcard or not. I'm going to spend a bit of time looking at possible transfers, then (hopefully) decide what to do before I go to bed tonight.

I think this season, using the wildcard early might be worth it. There will always be a case for saving it just a little while longer, but you have to weight up the advantage you might get from playing it early too.

The predicted price rises I worried about didn't happen last night after all, so that buys me another afternoon/evening to wonder if I should spend the wildcard or not. I'm going to spend a bit of time looking at possible transfers, then (hopefully) decide what to do before I go to bed tonight.

Right now my team has no Liverpool defense, as currently have four City and United assets. Do I risk no Liverpool defense?
  • MJH1973MJH1973 North West, UK

Right now my team has no Liverpool defense, as currently have four City and United assets. Do I risk no Liverpool defense?

I'm a Liverpool supporter and after that performance Vs Leeds, I'd be inclined not to 😂. However, you have to look at the assist points that TAA & AR might bring you. I certainly have, however I'm 3rd from bottom already 😬
    MJH1973 wrote: »

I'm a Liverpool supporter and after that performance Vs Leeds, I'd be inclined not to 😂. However, you have to look at the assist points that TAA & AR might bring you. I certainly have, however I'm 3rd from bottom already 😬

I will try to fit TAA or at least Van VVD in, I am just deciding which player to downgrade, I am trying to fit too many high priced midfielders into my team lol

There's a case fot going without, I think. But at the same time, you need to have a way to get them back easily if you go that route. Still thinking about what to do myself, but selling Alexander-Arnold and going without Liverpool defence hasn't been in my thinking (so far).

There's a case fot going without, I think. But at the same time, you need to have a way to get them back easily if you go that route. Still thinking about what to do myself, but selling Alexander-Arnold and going without Liverpool defence hasn't been in my thinking (so far).

TAA is a big risk as one of very few defenders of having a haul not having him could be disastrous, trying to squeeze Foden into my team, I may have to forget that idea.

TAA is a big risk as one of very few defenders of having a haul not having him could be disastrous, trying to squeeze Foden into my team, I may have to forget that idea.

Is it a case of Foden vs Alexander-Arnold?

It's currently VVD and Foden vs TAA and a 5 million midfielder

Edited: Found a way to have Foden and TAA

Interesting! Foden is reasonably priced, but there's quite the jump from 5.0 to 6.5. Did you have to do a bit of sacrificing elsewhere to make it possible?

I've been looking at potential wildcard drafts tonight, and I got one I could settle for. But I couldn't bring myself to sacrifice Aubameyang and Salah in that draft, so I'd be setting myself up for transfers beyond the wildcard as well, which is probably not ideal. Interestingly, that same draft got 0.5 to spare with Salah and Aubameyang in it, so I could actually let the price rises happen and yet be able to play it in gameweek 3. Knowing that I'll be able to get a team I'd be reasonably happy with, I think I might stick to just making 1-2 transfers this gameweek, then – if I don't change my mind after the games this weekend – play the wildcard for gameweek 3, which I have been targeting as a possibility.

The downside is that I'm quite certain I'll be setting myself up for a red arrow this gameweek, though I hope with some more games played (and some data to look at), I can make up the points lost eventually. Of course, this is all depending on team news; I can't risk a player or two missing out I think, so if anything like that is confirmed, then I'll have to wildcard anyway.

Interesting! Foden is reasonably priced, but there's quite the jump from 5.0 to 6.5. Did you have to do a bit of sacrificing elsewhere to make it possible?

I've been looking at potential wildcard drafts tonight, and I got one I could settle for. But I couldn't bring myself to sacrifice Aubameyang and Salah in that draft, so I'd be setting myself up for transfers beyond the wildcard as well, which is probably not ideal. Interestingly, that same draft got 0.5 to spare with Salah and Aubameyang in it, so I could actually let the price rises happen and yet be able to play it in gameweek 3. Knowing that I'll be able to get a team I'd be reasonably happy with, I think I might stick to just making 1-2 transfers this gameweek, then – if I don't change my mind after the games this weekend – play the wildcard for gameweek 3, which I have been targeting as a possibility.

The downside is that I'm quite certain I'll be setting myself up for a red arrow this gameweek, though I hope with some more games played (and some data to look at), I can make up the points lost eventually. Of course, this is all depending on team news; I can't risk a player or two missing out I think, so if anything like that is confirmed, then I'll have to wildcard anyway.

I had to sacrifice one of my strikers though still not sure of the move, still two days to change it again lol

I am just making sure I have a bench of likely starting players, I wanted to get an Arsenal defender in so I may still make that move.

I had to sacrifice one of my strikers though still not sure of the move, still two days to change it again lol

I am just making sure I have a bench of likely starting players, I wanted to get an Arsenal defender in so I may still make that move.

I've been thinking a bit about strikers this week, and I wonder how many of them will be must-haves. There is so much quality in midfield, but what if all these strikers starts banging in goals? I can see a scenario where we'll have to be flexible and able to change things up quickly. Sacrificing a striker to be able to get Alexander-Arnold and Foden might work out though; you get the clean sheet points plus more points for goals scored and assists.

"I wanted to get an Arsenal defender" is something you don't hear often! From a price point of view, they might be worth looking at. On the other hand, there are good options from other teams as well.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    zddl7xeol6ku.png

This is my line up for game week 2
    Not unhappy with it, but wouldn’t mind strengthening my defence.
    I think that defence looks good for this weekend, @Benny! Potentially good fixtures for all your defenders – van Dijk aside. But as we all know, he can get attacking returns as well.

I've been thinking a bit about strikers this week, and I wonder how many of them will be must-haves. There is so much quality in midfield, but what if all these strikers starts banging in goals? I can see a scenario where we'll have to be flexible and able to change things up quickly. Sacrificing a striker to be able to get Alexander-Arnold and Foden might work out though; you get the clean sheet points plus more points for goals scored and assists.

"I wanted to get an Arsenal defender" is something you don't hear often! From a price point of view, they might be worth looking at. On the other hand, there are good options from other teams as well.

I had Gabriel in one draft, I just think Arteta has tightened things up. I opted for Wolves instead though that may change. I had Calvert Lewin in as his fixtures are great though sacrificed him for TAA and Foden. I wanted Bamford though his price rise made me 0.1 points short lol
    Benny wrote: »
    zddl7xeol6ku.png

This is my line up for game week 2
    Not unhappy with it, but wouldn’t mind strengthening my defence.

That's a good side, I have been considering Willian certainly at home v West Ham.

I have Lascelles and Taylor over the season several clean sheets there I think from both teams.

I had Gabriel in one draft, I just think Arteta has tightened things up. I opted for Wolves instead though that may change. I had Calvert Lewin in as his fixtures are great though sacrificed him for TAA and Foden. I wanted Bamford though his price rise made me 0.1 points short lol

Wolves are more secure at the back than Arsenal, so I think waiting to see more of that Arsenal defence before investing in them is the best thing to do. For Calvert-Lewin vs TAA+Foden, I'll probably go with the latter. I wouldn't be surprised if the points Everton get, is shared between their attacking players.

As for Bamford, he is likely to be rotated, isn't he? I considered him for my gameweek 1 team, but shifted funds around a bit instead.

Wolves are more secure at the back than Arsenal, so I think waiting to see more of that Arsenal defence before investing in them is the best thing to do. For Calvert-Lewin vs TAA+Foden, I'll probably go with the latter. I wouldn't be surprised if the points Everton get, is shared between their attacking players.

As for Bamford, he is likely to be rotated, isn't he? I considered him for my gameweek 1 team, but shifted funds around a bit instead.

Bamford now has competition though Biesla is fiercely loyal to Bamford. I may still get a Leeds midfielder in yet.