The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited May 2023 Posts: 17,280
    Was away yesterday, so I missed the game – fortunately one might say. Surprised that this young team managed to keep up for so long, which tells a lot of Arteta's success in the rebuild of Arsenal.

As one journalist pointed out on Twitter a few weeks back though: with Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United failing at keeping up with City, it makes the similarities with Bayern München and the Bundesliga very apparent. They are – like City – totally dominant in their respective leagues, and it will likely be a long time before we see anyone else finish above them.

The chasing pack need to recruit well in the transfer market to even get close to City, Man United could have been closer as we have literally had no striker all season or strikers not top tier. if we were to get Kane that would give us an extra 20 goals a season which is vital to even mount a challenge. Man United need a CF maybe 2, a CDM, CB.

There was reports yesterday Kim Min Jae wants to join United, the Napoli defender is world class.

Indeed. Reports suggest that Arsenal will invest heavily this summer. Expect nothing less from United either – especially considering the number of players leaving Old Trafford.

Kane will be a great signing for United. It will be interesting to see if he makes the move, or commits to Spurs.
    Toney banned from all football for 8 months, that is one transfer I need to make.

Bad news for Toney and Brentford, this. He's no doubt been on the list for other clubs too, who might now look to other options instead.
    Let's have a quick look at gameweek 35 and 36 before the gameweek 37 deadline tomorrow! These past two gameweeks couldn't have been much more different points wise; gameweek 35 was a rather disappointing gameweek where lesser owned players filled the Team of the Week. The average gameweek score was just 39 points. Gameweek 36 on the other hand, was an eventful double gameweek with an average score of 65 points.

The scores in our league very much reflected the average score for each of these gameweeks, but we had two very impressive gameweek winner scores. Anfield F.C, our gameweek 35 winner, scored 72 points, which in a low scoring gameweek resulted in an impressive gameweek rank of 24 819! Our gameweek 36 winner, CSAC, finished gameweek 36 with a three digit score of 124, and a gameweek rank of 196 884. Congratulations to both winners! =D>

xgIQ2zN.jpg
    oFURyjm.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 23: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 24: MEJICO POWA
    GW 25: AC Miami
    GW 26: ابو كاتم
    GW 27: AC Miami
    GW 28: Cremonese-killen & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 30: Cremonese-killen
    GW 31: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 32: MEJICO POWA
    GW 33: Goldy’sDreamSquad
    GW 34: Team Xtreme
    GW 35: Anfield F.C
    GW 36: CSAC
    _______
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    My team is a mess no idea what to do.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I need to make a decision quick as will not be here for deadline, with so many teams almost achieving there goals for the season a lot of fringe players could feature in the second games of the Double GW which is problematic.
    I'm not sure what to do either. I could end up doing anything from a -4 to nothing at all!
    Here are the gameweek 37 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 12
    De Bruyne: 2
    Toney: 1
    Trippier: 1
    Salah: 1
    Mitoma: 1

"As usual", Haaland is yet again the most captained player in our league, with a double gameweek against Chelsea and Brighton. De Bruyne is the only other player backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    Made a reckless decision or two bad GW incoming. Why I did not sell Toney or Rashford is beyond me, oh well season almost over.
    Regret not selling Rashford too, but I couldn't find any reliable rumours before the deadline, and kept him. Hopefully he plays the second game and is available in gameweek 38.

Disappointing result yet again by Arsenal yesterday. Not surprised though, as they've looked tired and leggy for quite some time. Seeing the title slip out of their hands have also been a factor, no doubt – but it raises questions about the mentality of the team. They should have done everything in their power to keep getting results, but for these last two games they've been on the beach.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 23,337
    The Forest loss is not surprising, I heard Arsenal played awful though the title had gone so basically had nothing to play for.

Not even checked my GW score I know its been a disaster :))
    The Forest loss is not surprising, I heard Arsenal played awful though the title had gone so basically had nothing to play for.

Not even checked my GW score I know its been a disaster :))

The final two games will decide whether my gameweek is a success or not. Expect there will be points to be gained in both fixtures!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Erling and kdb starting today.
    1-1 at the moment i type this. Would be fun if Brighton get something from this game!
    Good win for United, we need some semblance of form going into the Cup Final.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Should be a good cup final.
    Last year chelsea had the better chances against us but we won both cups on pens.

Should be a good cup final.
    Last year chelsea had the better chances against us but we won both cups on pens.

Yeah I watched the games.

Man United we have to keep it tight, my worst nightmare will be City thrashing us and then winning the treble. In recent weeks our defense has been good, hopefully it being a derby is will turn into a bit of a fight,
    Let's have a look at how the penultimate gameweek went before gameweek 38 kicks off tomorrow! The last double gameweek of the season, gameweek 37 was a gameweek to target for those chasing, and one not to take many punts for those trying to secure their spots in the overall ranking. Some points variance was to be expected, which was also the case in our league. The average score was 52 points, which might not be that much for a double gameweek, to be honest. Still, some teams did manage great scores, of which Liverpool Richmond did best in our league, scoring 81 points. Congratulations! =D>

kRKpWAT.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 23: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 24: MEJICO POWA
    GW 25: AC Miami
    GW 26: ابو كاتم
    GW 27: AC Miami
    GW 28: Cremonese-killen & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 30: Cremonese-killen
    GW 31: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 32: MEJICO POWA
    GW 33: Goldy’sDreamSquad
    GW 34: Team Xtreme
    GW 35: Anfield F.C
    GW 36: CSAC
    GW 37: Liverpool Richmond
    _______

We're heading into the final gameweek of the season, with a 15:00 UK time kick-off tomorrow. It's all to play for, so have your teams ready by then!
    Haven't been able to set aside as much time as I've wanted for FPL lately, so it's OK to get a break after this weekend.

I do hope we get the rumours and news we need before the deadline tomorrow. With one free transfer, I just hope I won't have to take any hits!
    With so many teams with nothing to play for I expect a lot of my players not to feature as youth and fringe players come in, my team is not in any position to get any decent points.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 23,337
    NxYl702.png

I think Everton will survive.

oSHTWVi.png
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'm glad I kept one of my Wildcards. Totally planned for this. Yes.

;)

;)

Good luck with selecting a team of players that will start, handy chip to have left.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

;)

Good luck with selecting a team of players that will start, handy chip to have left.

I'm honestly at a loss. I haven't a clue. It's a shot in the dark. One thought is to ignore the top half of the table and bring in some of the better players from teams in the relegation battle, because they still have survival to play for.
    Just made one transfer, unlikely I will gain ground on players above me and I don't think the player below can catch up so resigned to the finishing position i am in. Overall a disappointing and very long season I will be glad for the break from FPL until August. As much as I enjoyed the World Cup FPL it took away some of my enthusiasm for Premier League FPL.

;)

I'm honestly at a loss. I haven't a clue. It's a shot in the dark. One thought is to ignore the top half of the table and bring in some of the better players from teams in the relegation battle, because they still have survival to play for.

If it were me I would maybe bring in Alverez if you don't have him, saying that Pep may still go relatively strong with the Cup Final's coming up he may not want to lose momentum, problem with Pep its tough to guess either way.
    With so many teams with nothing to play for I expect a lot of my players not to feature as youth and fringe players come in, my team is not in any position to get any decent points.

I fear the same for my team. Will just have to hope for the best.

;)

It's impressive to hang on to that chip for so long! Make sure to have a good bench :-)
    Just got back from cycling thought I missed the deadline, I may take a hit for the sake of it to try and get a few more points.
    Took a -8 for a bit of fun on the last day.
    Kane and Eze in for a -4. Not expecting much, but I needed to make a couple of transfer to get a best possible starting eleven with the funds available.
    Kane and Eze in for a -4. Not expecting much, but I needed to make a couple of transfer to get a best possible starting eleven with the funds available.

I brought in Kane, Tarkovski and Alvarez, i was tipped off that Haaland was rested.

Sold Shaw, Toney and Haaland.
    Its Bank holiday here tomorrow so got a few beers in, will watch the Everton game to start off with.