The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Strange subs for Arsenal are they playing for a draw.
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 17,279
    If the title hadn't been decided before today, it certainly has now. Just for points between City and Arsenal, and City are bound to win their games. Arsenal have just proved that they aren't up for the pressure of a title race. It's sad to see, but the harsh reality; City is a team that thrives with this pressure, Arsenal is a team that crumbles with it.

In the end, I think Arsenal failing comes down to missing Saliba – and today Zinchenko as well. You can't go on to win a league without your best players. Missing Jesus has also been a factor in this campaign. You can bet Arsenal would have had at least a couple more wins with him available.
    edited April 2023 Posts: 23,327
    It could come down to Saka's missed penalty they showed a lack of fight in the second half also, I would not fancy them beating City or Newcastle away on current form.

United have an injury crisis Forest could shock us today.

Shaw
    Varane
    Martinez
    Malacia
    Sabitza
    Rashford
    Garnacho
    Mctominay

all out injured
    United should be leading already, good play.
    Maguire booked already for a rugby tackle ~X(
    Bloody hell Maguire again with dodgy defending.
    It could come down to Saka's missed penalty they showed a lack of fight in the second half also, I would not fancy them beating City or Newcastle away on current form.

Shaw
    Varane
    Martinez
    Malacia
    Sabitza
    Rashford
    Garnacho
    Mctominay

all out injured

Agree. Both of these games are must wins for Arsenal, but they are also the two of the most difficult fixtures they could have ahead of them.

The United injury list could be a factor in their season as well. Getting Rashford back could be the difference between top four or not.

Shaw
    Varane
    Martinez
    Malacia
    Sabitza
    Rashford
    Garnacho
    Mctominay

all out injured

Agree. Both of these games are must wins for Arsenal, but they are also the two of the most difficult fixtures they could have ahead of them.

The United injury list could be a factor in their season as well. Getting Rashford back could be the difference between top four or not.

Antony scored we have looked good going forward, Erickson and Bruno playing well its our defense that concerns me, well Maquire he really needs to be sold in the summer.
    Maguire just missed a great opportunity to score an own goal :))
    How we have not scored a second is beyond me, Navas must have some impressive save points.
    Dalot Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllll! get in great team performance.
    Antony really stepped up in Rashford's absence. I feel more confident of getting top four after this display.
    Important result for United this, especially seeing at the list of absentees!

Lindelof waa superb, Maguire waa better in the second half though he is a big problem vs pace. Not sure when Varane will be back.
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 17,279

Lindelof waa superb, Maguire waa better in the second half though he is a big problem vs pace. Not sure when Varane will be back.

I see Varane is "expected to be out for a few weeks". That's pretty vague of course, but one would think he should be able to feature in some games before the season ends.
    Big win for Liverpool though you could drive a bus through Leeds midfield. TAA got me a few points so thats something, going to have to hit my wildcard for next GW.
    Big win for Liverpool though you could drive a bus through Leeds midfield. TAA got me a few points so thats something, going to have to hit my wildcard for next GW.

I'm on Free Hit and will have 2-3 Liverpool players in my gameweek 32 team. Not decided on who yet though.
    Let's have a quick look at gameweek 31 before the deadline tomorrow! Gameweek 31 was a great gameweek for those owning popular players like Watkins, Salah and Haaland – all delivering double digit scores. Our gameweek winner LVLA Skopje 05 even made the clever decision of captaining Salah, finishing the gameweek with a very good gameweek score of 78 points. Congratulations! =D>

QemLMVQ.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 23: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 24: MEJICO POWA
    GW 25: AC Miami
    GW 26: ابو كاتم
    GW 27: AC Miami
    GW 28: Cremonese-killen & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 30: Cremonese-killen
    GW 31: LVLA Skopje 05
    _______

Don't forget the gameweek 32 deadline tomorrow at 18:30 UK time!
    Here are the gameweek 32 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 11
    Watkins: 2
    De Bruyne: 2
    Martinelli: 2
    Toney: 1

Since City have no fixture this weekend, many are looking to Liverpool for their captaincy. Our league is no different, and 11 managers have put their trust in Salah to deliver. Watkins, De Bruyne and Martinelli are captained by two managers each, with one manager putting the armband on Toney. Good luck everyone!
    Arsenal gifting City the title here. They've completely lost it.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I thought this was going to be a clean sheet.
    Good comeback though to at least get a point.

Unfortunately for Arsenal, that one point wont be enough to compete with City for the title. They really have taken themselves out of the race with recent performances. Expected this to happen, but would have thought that it would have happened earlier. At this point of the season, it's even more heartbreaking…
    Totally forgot the deadline again, fell asleep early yesterday only just seen the Arsenal result talk about throwing away the title. I best check my team see who my Captain is :))
    Salah my Captain at home to Forest not bad, Martinelli scored me some points at least yesterday.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Unfortunately for Arsenal, that one point wont be enough to compete with City for the title. They really have taken themselves out of the race with recent performances. Expected this to happen, but would have thought that it would have happened earlier. At this point of the season, it's even more heartbreaking…

I know what you're going through as we finished 2nd to man c (who have been charged with breaking financial fair play rules around 100 times over a nine-year period) 3 times.

It's not worth worrying about too much as there are more important things in life.
    Salah my Captain at home to Forest not bad, Martinelli scored me some points at least yesterday.

Salah was my captaincy pick as well. Regret not picking Jota for my Free Hit team though.

I know what you're going through as we finished 2nd to man c (who have been charged with breaking financial fair play rules around 100 times over a nine-year period) 3 times.

It's not worth worrying about too much as there are more important things in life.

Indeed there is. It certainly helps that I never really believed they could do it. But it would have felt better if they were failing at chasing City, rather than failing to keep a lead in the title race. The fact that they've been so close to something that – if we are being realistic – probably won't happen again, have probably crept into the players minds. The way they've performed recently shows it.
    It appears Varane as well as Martinez is out for rest of the season., the only hope United have today in the F.A. Cup semi final is if Shaw is fit and plays and CB with Lindelof, If Maguire plays I fear the worse.
    Newcastle v Spurs I need a 0 - 0 draw for FPL purposes and for Man United top 4 hopes.
    Newcastle score after 1 minutes :))

Spurs were just torn apart, you could drive a fleet of ships through that midfield.

Looking at the table a win for Newcastle may suit Man United.