The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

We have a Friday night deadline this week, so let's have a quick look at gameweek 24 before gameweek 25 kicks off! Gameweek 24 was a low-scoring gameweek, with the gameweek average at 44 points. The league average wasn't that high either, except for our gameweek 24 winner MEJICO POWA, scoring impressive 70 points. Congratulations! =D>

xr9752m.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 23: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 24: MEJICO POWA
    _______

Don't forget the gameweek 25 deadline tomorrow, at 18:30 UK time!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have made my transfers 3 in total including one Hit, I brought in 2 Liverpool players lol
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I used my free-hit for this gameweek.

Ederson
    Gabriel, Perisic, Dias
    Andreas, Odegaard, Salah, Saka (C)
    Haaland, Watkins, Darwin.
    I'm currently looking at -12! Bringing in double gameweek players, though keeping an eye on the gameweeks ahead as well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Missed the deadline so my team is as it was yesterday, I need a decent score the past month has been poor.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,347
    My vice captain is Douglas Luiz :)) I really am phoning it in of late, when i first started playing FPL four years ago i was obsessive now I am totally at the other end of the scale.

I got into the World Cup Fantasy Football maybe that has damped my enthusiasm for FPL.

I hope I don't regret not taking more Hits and not bringing in a Wolves asset.
    The interest and time you invest in FPL can be hard to keep up at times. I've spent considerably less time with FPL this winter than previous years. Time simply hasn't been there to watch content and using time on transfer decisions. Still very much fun playing FPL though!
    Here are the gameweek 25 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 6
    Saka: 6
    Salah: 5
    De Bruyne: 1

For probably the first time this season, the captaincy is quite close between not just two, but three players. Haaland and Saka are the most captained players, backed by six managers each, closely followed by Salah, captained by five managers in our league. De Bruyne makes the last and only other player in our captaincy list this gameweek. Good luck everyone!
    The interest and time you invest in FPL can be hard to keep up at times. I've spent considerably less time with FPL this winter than previous years. Time simply hasn't been there to watch content and using time on transfer decisions. Still very much fun playing FPL though!

True I have been very busy with work and when I have had time off not dedicated much to FPL. I wish I had focused more as I was in the top 100K I really should have stepped it up when I was and not meandered, I have barely changed my team since the restart and hung onto players not delivering for way too long.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 17,281

True I have been very busy with work and when I have had time off not dedicated much to FPL. I wish I had focused more as I was in the top 100K I really should have stepped it up when I was and not meandered, I have barely changed my team since the restart and hung onto players not delivering for way too long.

I've been too careful not to take hits when I should have, and taken hit's when I shouldn't – leaving me with players that I've hung on to for too long, or replaced players with others that have done nothing to help my rank. It's a difficult season to get things right it seems…
    Chelsea manager Graham Potter reacts to Spurs defeat

Things are not improving for Chelsea, relegation form.

The background behind him! :))

Shocking to see how bad Chelsea have got this season. I think James McNicholas, AKA Gunnerblog is right about Chelsea here:

The background behind him! :))

Shocking to see how bad Chelsea have got this season. I think James McNicholas, AKA Gunnerblog is right about Chelsea here:

:)) I missed the wall of sacked managers when i first watched it.

Cup final not really got going, Man United not looking sharp, Newcastle the better team so far though still not great.
    Casemiro GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    VAR really does take away from the moment. Onside.
    Rashford 2 - 0 great work from Weghorst.
    Looks to become a comfortable win for United, and ten Hag's first trophy at the club. With the managerial merry-go-round United have been through, it looks like they've finally found the right manager for the job.
    Looks to become a comfortable win for United, and ten Hag's first trophy at the club. With the managerial merry-go-round United have been through, it looks like they've finally found the right manager for the job.

Man United not played that well so need to be careful, ideally get a third and kill the game off. Newcastle going all out attack now.

Man United not played that well so need to be careful, ideally get a third and kill the game off. Newcastle going all out attack now.

Not watching the game, so I don't know how well the teams have played. Obviously, this being a final makes it a bit different to a league game. Nothing to lose for Newcastle anyway, so they might as well go for it.

Not watching the game, so I don't know how well the teams have played. Obviously, this being a final makes it a bit different to a league game. Nothing to lose for Newcastle anyway, so they might as well go for it.

Man United defending well though have no outlet at present, they look tired Ten hag needs to bring on fresh players as its all Newcastle at moment Saint Maximam is a menace causing problems.

Newcastle getting closer to scoring.
    Sabitzer and Mctominay on, Ten Hag packing midfield.
    At 70 minutes played, I can see how United might want to defend the lead as much as going for the third. ten Hag is good at managing the game though, so I'll be surprised if Newcastle come back from this.
    United! good win in the end, Man United defended extremely well despite not being at there best. We still had all the best chances despite Newcastle having waves of attack.

This is the start of something for the first time in ten years I really believe it.

Whats great is seeing how much this means to Casemiro and Varane and they have won the lot already.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Well done Manchester United. Hard fought win.
    Looking at Man United's schedule there is no let up with a game every 3 days it seems for a long time. Ten Hag has been smart with his rotation hopefully we can keep fighting on all fronts and grab more silverware.
    Having already won silverware United can already call this season a success, and can use this as a motivation for what's left of the season.
    Will be away for a few days starting tomorrow, so I'll try and update the thread with the gameweek winner from this gameweek when I'm home again. Enjoy tonight's games!
    Good comeback by United in the F.A. Cup. Garnacho really impressed what a player he already is.

Totally forgot about the midweek games, got a good green arrow and my highest GW score of the season.
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,347
    Harry Kane...Prisoner of Hottenham Totspur

:))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for this gameweek:

Ramsdale
    Mee, Shaw, Trippier
    Odegaard, Rashford, Mitoma, Almiron, Saka (C)
    Haaland, Kane.