The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Saka... scores 1 - 1 good pen.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Nketiah very close again...
    1 - 2 Grealish paying back some of that 100 million.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,327
    United would prefer a draw here, come on Arsenal get an equalizer.
    Haaland 1 - 3 game over. Arsenal's defense not been up to it in this game.
    This game has saved my GW especially with Lewis staying on the bench. This season Double GW players are not out scoring single GW players as much certainly in my team.
    Certainly not a great gameweek for me so far either. Wish I had the Triple Captain chip left; I'm sure you'll find good use for it in one of the upcoming double gameweeks, for example!

Disappointing result for Arsenal today. They couldn't afford to lose two points after the Everton game. The title is in City's hands now.

I think the only consolation after seeing recent games is no one appears to be consistent and is suffering with fatigue.

That is true. This is where squad depth becomes a massive factor – which is one thing City don't lack.

Will be interesting to see how City do against a Unai Emery Villa today, if City continue to struggle there squad depth wont count for much.

Surely KDB will start, I kept him my team for the double.

Although Unai's Villa is a different team to that of Gerrard, I expect City to walk all over them.

This makes yesterday's result all the more difficult to swallow. Not the first time this season Arsenal have dropped points due to refereeing errors. Oh what could have been.

Not really had a good look at the game was it Toney's goal?

Yes, the VAR ref forgot to draw lines to check for offside…
    For 80 minutes I was a bag of nerves, Leeds really gave us a tough game great win in the end, an important win.

Up to second for a few hours, City have two games in hand. If the City vs Arsenal games end in draws we could really get in the mix... Wishful thinking on my part.

Can't rule out anything this season! Only thing I'm sure of is that Arsenal will bottle it.

Could be very costly at the end of the season.

Mason is relieved of his duties this weekend. Nt surprised if he's back refereeing the following weekend…
    Rodri goal after 4 minutes. City's defense does not look right, Villa may get opportunities if they don't capitulate.

Ake coming on blocked Shaw's points from the bench for me. Also have March on my bench ~X(

Seems like every Sky video is blocked from viewing here. What was Will Ferrell doing there?

He has a team in the MLS I think he was scouting for players lol, he knew Keane from a charity game years ago also, Neville looked star struck.

When I have my VPN switched on it does not let me watch Sky videos.

---

I am watching the big game tonight, recent form suggests this maybe a draw. Arteta not rotating players in recent months maybe his undoing.

Yes, that's true – he did feature in a charity match some years ago, haha!
    This game has saved my GW especially with Lewis staying on the bench. This season Double GW players are not out scoring single GW players as much certainly in my team.

Horrible gameweek for me. I just can't seem to straighten out my team enough to make any progress. At some point I'll have to start taking some punts.

As for the game yesterday, I fully expected City to win. Even though they aren't playing their very best right now, they are still by far the best team in the Prem. Arsenal should just focus on nailing that top four spot now; I think this will be the proper turning point where Arsenal starts dropping big points.
    We have another gameweek starting tomorrow, but before that let's have a look at gameweek 23! Gameweek 23 was another double gameweek, and as expected, the average score was pretty high. Our league saw plenty of good scores as well, but none as high as Liverpool Richmond's 95 points. Congratulations! =D>

4tWn3UG.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 23: Liverpool Richmond
    _______

Don't forget the gameweek 24 deadline tomorrow, at 11.00 UK time!
    Certainly not a great gameweek for me so far either. Wish I had the Triple Captain chip left; I'm sure you'll find good use for it in one of the upcoming double gameweeks, for example!

Disappointing result for Arsenal today. They couldn't afford to lose two points after the Everton game. The title is in City's hands now.

I think the only consolation after seeing recent games is no one appears to be consistent and is suffering with fatigue.

That is true. This is where squad depth becomes a massive factor – which is one thing City don't lack.

Will be interesting to see how City do against a Unai Emery Villa today, if City continue to struggle there squad depth wont count for much.

Although Unai's Villa is a different team to that of Gerrard, I expect City to walk all over them.

This makes yesterday's result all the more difficult to swallow. Not the first time this season Arsenal have dropped points due to refereeing errors. Oh what could have been.

For 80 minutes I was a bag of nerves, Leeds really gave us a tough game great win in the end, an important win.

Up to second for a few hours, City have two games in hand. If the City vs Arsenal games end in draws we could really get in the mix... Wishful thinking on my part.

Can't rule out anything this season! Only thing I'm sure of is that Arsenal will bottle it.

Mason is relieved of his duties this weekend. Nt surprised if he's back refereeing the following weekend…
    Rodri goal after 4 minutes. City's defense does not look right, Villa may get opportunities if they don't capitulate.

Ake coming on blocked Shaw's points from the bench for me. Also have March on my bench ~X(

Seems like every Sky video is blocked from viewing here. What was Will Ferrell doing there?

He has a team in the MLS I think he was scouting for players lol, he knew Keane from a charity game years ago also, Neville looked star struck.

---

I am watching the big game tonight, recent form suggests this maybe a draw. Arteta not rotating players in recent months maybe his undoing.

Horrible gameweek for me. I just can't seem to straighten out my team enough to make any progress. At some point I'll have to start taking some punts.

As for the game yesterday, I fully expected City to win. Even though they aren't playing their very best right now, they are still by far the best team in the Prem. Arsenal should just focus on nailing that top four spot now; I think this will be the proper turning point where Arsenal starts dropping big points.

Relatively speaking my GW did nothing for my rank in the bigger picture. I know the players I need in though still not willing to Hit my wildcard as I want to get to the blank GW which in hindsight has no doubt lost me points. I am going to have to sell Newcastle and Man United players very soon.

---

Relatively speaking my GW did nothing for my rank in the bigger picture. I know the players I need in though still not willing to Hit my wildcard as I want to get to the blank GW which in hindsight has no doubt lost me points. I am going to have to sell Newcastle and Man United players very soon.

That blank gameweek causes me some headache too. Really not sure what to do with my team going forward. Can't wait to hit the wildcard button, but it's not time for that yet.

---

That blank gameweek causes me some headache too. Really not sure what to do with my team going forward. Can't wait to hit the wildcard button, but it's not time for that yet.

I am off tomorrow so will have a few hours to decide what to do, I have not even looked at the fixtures yet been so busy.
    Lee Mason: Official leaves referees' body PGMOL after VAR error
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/64683971.amp
    Made a solitary transfer, carrying my second free transfer into next weeks blank GW. The transfer I made was a forced one due to injury.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 17,279

Surprised he didn't just get suspended for X amount of games, but this is hardly the first time he's got things wrong. PGMOL need to sort out their ranks and prove that they are capable of getting crucial match decisions right.
    Made a solitary transfer, carrying my second free transfer into next weeks blank GW. The transfer I made was a forced one due to injury.

Makes sense, I see a lot of managers choosing to bank a transfer this gameweek in order to have more information about Liverpool. I'm not as excited about Liverpool's double as many are, but saving a transfer myself, I at least have the option of maybe bringing in a Liverpool player or two.

Pretty safe team for me this gameweek. Captaining Haaland since many other will, and starting Mitrović over March – my only benching dilemma.
    Here are the gameweek 24 captaincy pics!
    Haaland: 12
    Rashford: 2
    Saka: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Salah: 1
    Kane: 1

The gameweek 24 captaincy picks gives us no surprises, with Haaland yet again topping the list, backed by 12 managers. Rashford is the only other player captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    To say Newcastle are having a nightmare is an understatement, what was Pope thinking.

Surprised he didn't just get suspended for X amount of games, but this is hardly the first time he's got things wrong. PGMOL need to sort out their ranks and prove that they are capable of getting crucial match decisions right.

Makes sense, I see a lot of managers choosing to bank a transfer this gameweek in order to have more information about Liverpool. I'm not as excited about Liverpool's double as many are, but saving a transfer myself, I at least have the option of maybe bringing in a Liverpool player or two.

Pretty safe team for me this gameweek. Captaining Haaland since many other will, and starting Mitrović over March – my only benching dilemma.

Worst GW of the season incoming for me, its been a disaster.
    Because of Popes Red he misses next weeks final vs Man United.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Which means Karius will be in goal. What a day!
    Chelsea just can't get going though Potter even before the influx of more players seems incapable of creating a settled side or formation. Potters comments after today's game were a bit weak, he is reminding me of Moyes at United someone way out of there depth.

Worst GW of the season incoming for me, its been a disaster.

If it's any consolation, I'm not having a good one either!
    Which means Karius will be in goal. What a day!

Totally forgot he's with Newcastle!
    Chelsea just can't get going though Potter even before the influx of more players seems incapable of creating a settled side or formation. Potters comments after today's game were a bit weak, he is reminding me of Moyes at United someone way out of there depth.

You understand how Potter wanted to jump at the chance of a job at one of the big clubs, and if he'd ended up at the right club he might have got off to a better start. But he definitely picked one of the most difficult jobs he could have been offered; Chelsea with new ownership and influx of players… you'd think he might have been better off staying at Brighton just a little bit longer.
    Really, really happy with how Arsenal managed to pick themselves up yesterday. They'll no doubt be working with what went wrong in the first half against Villa, but it's good to see a response from the team when they come behind. The important thing now is to try to keep momentum up as long as possible.
    Really, really happy with how Arsenal managed to pick themselves up yesterday. They'll no doubt be working with what went wrong in the first half against Villa, but it's good to see a response from the team when they come behind. The important thing now is to try to keep momentum up as long as possible.

I had no doubt Arsenal would still be in the hunt, I found it bizarre some in the media were saying they were no longer favorites and were likely to fall away when they were joint top with a game in hand. In the long run I think City's defense will stop them winning the league, and they need to solve the Haaland problem as it is definitely impacting them now.

Good result for United, Leicester were good in the first half though a few tweaks from Ten hag and we blew them away in the second it could have easily been 6 or 7 nil. Its the best I have seen United play in quite a few years and that's pretty good considering we are missing both Casemiro and Erickson.

I kept watching Sabitizer and he was doing some good work in midfield he is improving quick and is a very shrewd loan signing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

The gameweek 24 captaincy picks gives us no surprises, with Haaland yet again topping the list, backed by 12 managers. Rashford is the only other player captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

I am one of those 2 who captained Rashford! Made the decision to swap the captaincy from Haaland to Rashford a few minutes before deadline. These last minute decisions always tend to blow up in my face, so I quite shocked that for once I managed to make up some ground!
    I considered Rashford though convinced myself City/Haaland would make easy work of Forest which was a mistake.

I had no doubt Arsenal would still be in the hunt, I found it bizarre some in the media were saying they were no longer favorites and were likely to fall away when they were joint top with a game in hand. In the long run I think City's defense will stop them winning the league, and they need to solve the Haaland problem as it is definitely impacting them now.

Good result for United, Leicester were good in the first half though a few tweaks from Ten hag and we blew them away in the second it could have easily been 6 or 7 nil. Its the best I have seen United play in quite a few years and that's pretty good considering we are missing both Casemiro and Erickson.

I kept watching Sabitizer and he was doing some good work in midfield he is improving quick and is a very shrewd loan signing.

City's defence isn't at their best currently, but over the course of what remains of this season, I think both the defence and attack will sort itself. I mean, even though they aren't having their best period, Haaland is still scoring plenty of goals.

Sabitizer has the opportunity to make himself difficult to drop if he keeps on improving. Good signing by Ten Haag and United.

I am one of those 2 who captained Rashford! Made the decision to swap the captaincy from Haaland to Rashford a few minutes before deadline. These last minute decisions always tend to blow up in my face, so I quite shocked that for once I managed to make up some ground!

Congratulations, @DaltonCraig007! I was tempted to captain Rashford too, but didn't seriously think of taking the armband off Haaland. It just shows that in FPL, it's sometimes worth to take a few chances!
    FPL DOUBLE GAMEWEEK 29 ANNOUNCED | MY THOUGHTS AND REACTION | FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE 2022/23 TIPS

12 Teams have a Double GW, this will take some planning :))
    FPL DOUBLE GAMEWEEK 29 ANNOUNCED | MY THOUGHTS AND REACTION | FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE 2022/23 TIPS

12 Teams have a Double GW, this will take some planning :))

Indeed, I have no idea what to do currently, haha!
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,327
    I fell asleep when Liverpool were winning 2 - 0 in the CL. I had to check my eyes when I just woke up and saw the final result what a disaster. I was even considering Liverpool assets yesterday.

Just watched the highlights, Liverpool very slow to 50/50 balls, any team that has any intensity will cause this Liverpool side problems.
    I fell asleep when Liverpool were winning 2 - 0 in the CL. I had to check my eyes when I just woke up and saw the final result what a disaster. I was even considering Liverpool assets yesterday.

Just watched the highlights, Liverpool very slow to 50/50 balls, any team that has any intensity will cause this Liverpool side problems.

Very surprising result given that Liverpool had a 2-0 lead. I didn't see the game, but followed the match through text highlights from a live feed. It certainly doesn't make it any easier to bring in Liverpool assets for the double…