The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Certainly not a great gameweek for me so far either. Wish I had the Triple Captain chip left; I'm sure you'll find good use for it in one of the upcoming double gameweeks, for example!

Disappointing result for Arsenal today. They couldn't afford to lose two points after the Everton game. The title is in City's hands now.

I think the only consolation after seeing recent games is no one appears to be consistent and is suffering with fatigue.

That is true. This is where squad depth becomes a massive factor – which is one thing City don't lack.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Certainly not a great gameweek for me so far either. Wish I had the Triple Captain chip left; I'm sure you'll find good use for it in one of the upcoming double gameweeks, for example!

Disappointing result for Arsenal today. They couldn't afford to lose two points after the Everton game. The title is in City's hands now.

I think the only consolation after seeing recent games is no one appears to be consistent and is suffering with fatigue.

That is true. This is where squad depth becomes a massive factor – which is one thing City don't lack.

Will be interesting to see how City do against a Unai Emery Villa today, if City continue to struggle there squad depth wont count for much.

Surely KDB will start, I kept him my team for the double.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,334
    Will Ferrel on Sky Sports with Keano, Neville etc :))
    Leeds playing at there usual 100 miles an hour Man United struggling to get up the pitch. Man United just need to stay in the game and let Leeds burn themselves out.

Martinez and Varane on the bench presumably keeping them fresh for the Barca game midweek, no Antony either.
    Someone is going to get sent off or injured in this game the way tackles are flying in.
    0 - 0 at half time, frantic.

Will be interesting to see how City do against a Unai Emery Villa today, if City continue to struggle there squad depth wont count for much.

Although Unai's Villa is a different team to that of Gerrard, I expect City to walk all over them.

This makes yesterday's result all the more difficult to swallow. Not the first time this season Arsenal have dropped points due to refereeing errors. Oh what could have been.
    Maguire ponderously coming out from the back putting United in trouble, its painful to watch. Defense as it is is a nervous bunch right now, inviting pressure with stupid errors.

Although Unai's Villa is a different team to that of Gerrard, I expect City to walk all over them.

This makes yesterday's result all the more difficult to swallow. Not the first time this season Arsenal have dropped points due to refereeing errors. Oh what could have been.

Not really had a good look at the game was it Toney's goal?
    Martinez and Garnacho on and United improve instantly.
    Maguire is so slow, he has actually had a decent game though in possession he gets caught way to easily.
    Omg Maguire just passed the ball to the opposition under no pressure.
    Get in Rashford...
    Great bit of quality from Sabitiza to Shaw to Rashford.
    VAR...
    Onside thank god.
    Just realized I sold Shaw for a Double GW defender ~X(

Garnacho with a great solo goal. 2 - 0 come on United!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For 80 minutes I was a bag of nerves, Leeds really gave us a tough game great win in the end, an important win.

Up to second for a few hours, City have two games in hand. If the City vs Arsenal games end in draws we could really get in the mix... Wishful thinking on my part.

FPL wise my season has fallen apart in the last month, at least I was in the top 100'000 briefly :))

Yes, the VAR ref forgot to draw lines to check for offside…
    For 80 minutes I was a bag of nerves, Leeds really gave us a tough game great win in the end, an important win.

Up to second for a few hours, City have two games in hand. If the City vs Arsenal games end in draws we could really get in the mix... Wishful thinking on my part.

Can't rule out anything this season! Only thing I'm sure of is that Arsenal will bottle it.

Can't rule out anything this season! Only thing I'm sure of is that Arsenal will bottle it.

Could be very costly at the end of the season.
    Rodri goal after 4 minutes. City's defense does not look right, Villa may get opportunities if they don't capitulate.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 17,280

Mason is relieved of his duties this weekend. Nt surprised if he's back refereeing the following weekend…
    Rodri goal after 4 minutes. City's defense does not look right, Villa may get opportunities if they don't capitulate.

Ake coming on blocked Shaw's points from the bench for me. Also have March on my bench ~X(

Seems like every Sky video is blocked from viewing here. What was Will Ferrell doing there?

Mason is relieved of his duties this weekend. Nt surprised if he's back refereeing the following weekend…

Ake coming on blocked Shaw's points from the bench for me. Also have March on my bench ~X(

Seems like every Sky video is blocked from viewing here. What was Will Ferrell doing there?

He has a team in the MLS I think he was scouting for players lol, he knew Keane from a charity game years ago also, Neville looked star struck.

When I have my VPN switched on it does not let me watch Sky videos.

---

I am watching the big game tonight, recent form suggests this maybe a draw. Arteta not rotating players in recent months maybe his undoing.
    Haaland looks very focused, KDB will be key in this game as he is the only one who really finds Haaland on a regular basis.

Partey huge miss for Arsenal.

Looking at how City have lined up 3 4 3 Saka and Martinelli could have a field day, I think Pep has made a mistake there.
    I need Lewis to stay benched as I have Ream with 9 points as my first sub.
    Nketiah should have scored.
    KDB goal, disastrous defending by Arsenal. FPL points for me. Great goal by KDB.
    Pep never wastes a moment for an impromptu team talk.
    Penalty???

Looks clumsy by Ederson.