The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Interesting read regarding Stats, this season the bench certainly has been more important than usual. Personally I have been haphazard in my decisions.

I was just watching the final MoD of the season and it occurred to me this season I have rarely watched games other than Man united and not bothered with them on occasion, I really neglected the Eye Test.

FPL aside Football just is not Football without the crowds and so glad to see them back.

Hoping for a fun and good Fantasy Euro 2020, I am off for three weeks during the Finals so will get into to the games to the max hopefully get some FPL enthusiasm back as I recognise I have been too negative since before Christmas lol

Well played everyone.
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 17,267
    Interesting read regarding Stats, this season the bench certainly has been more important than usual. Personally I have been haphazard in my decisions.

I was just watching the final MoD of the season and it occurred to me this season I have rarely watched games other than Man united and not bothered with them on occasion, I really neglected the Eye Test.

FPL aside Football just is not Football without the crowds and so glad to see them back.

Hoping for a fun and good Fantasy Euro 2020, I am off for three weeks during the Finals so will get into to the games to the max hopefully get some FPL enthusiasm back as I recognise I have been too negative since before Christmas lol

Well played everyone.

Indeed, I can't remember a season where the bench has been as useful as this season. Some managers have benefited massively from having strong benches, while other managers that tend to place most of the budget in the starting eleven have suffered from their style of playing.

In contrast to you, I have been too careful in my decision making this season (very much due to this being a very unpredictable one), not trusting my gut feeling enough to take the chances I should have. Looking back, I think the difference could have been significant had I done so. Something to remember for next season! As for the matches, I haven't watched that many games either; the lack of fans have made many games a bit boring. The difference watching these final matches with fans back has been very noticeable. It's been so much more fun to watch those fixtures.

I had completely forgot about Fantasy Euro 2020. Is the game live? The Euros could be a fun warm up for more FPL in August :D
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have just signed up to the 2020 Uefa website though cant find where to select Fantasy Team as yet, will keep checking.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,263
    Edited: found the direct link, I watched a FPL manager go through it on YouTube lol

Create a team link...
    https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020

There must be issues with the site, some managers have been able to access create a team, it wont let me at the moment for some reason. I will see if there is a mobile App version.

Edited: Just uploaded the App is live and running, time to make some draft teams lol The App is far easier to navigate.

Edited: I have got the create a team working on Edge browser, here are the top priced players...
    Jl2I1GE.png

Chrome browser is blocking the Fantasy Football part of the site for some reason?

Edited: Busy all week, will have a good look at the site on Friday night or Saturday and get a league set up.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Thanks for hosting @Torgeirtrap been fun as always.
    Looking forward to more of the same for the 2021/2022 season.
    Edited: found the direct link, I watched a FPL manager go through it on YouTube lol

Create a team link...

There must be issues with the site, some managers have been able to access create a team, it wont let me at the moment for some reason. I will see if there is a mobile App version.

Edited: Just uploaded the App is live and running, time to make some draft teams lol The App is far easier to navigate.

Edited: I have got the create a team working on Edge browser, here are the top priced players...
    Jl2I1GE.png

Chrome browser is blocking the Fantasy Football part of the site for some reason?

Edited: Busy all week, will have a good look at the site on Friday night or Saturday and get a league set up.

Just checked, and it works well in Chrome on my Macbook. Will be fun to make a few drafts! Haven't seen the groups, so I don't know which teams to target.

If I find the time, I can try and get a league set up sometime this week ;-)
    Benny wrote: »
    Thanks for hosting @Torgeirtrap been fun as always.
    Looking forward to more of the same for the 2021/2022 season.

Thanks, @benny! Let's hope the 2021/22 season will be just as (if nor more) fun :-)
    @Torgeirtrap I am going to have to do some research on many of the other teams players, thankfully there is great content on the UEFA site to look through regarding qualification etc. I may avoid English players all together.
    @Torgeirtrap I am going to have to do some research on many of the other teams players, thankfully there is great content on the UEFA site to look through regarding qualification etc. I may avoid English players all together.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. I struggle picking any English players too; who do we think are certain to start?

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. I struggle picking any English players too; who do we think are certain to start?

England I suspect will go...
    Pickford
    Walker Stones Coady/Maguire Chilwell
    Phillips/Henderson Rice
    Mount
    Sterling Foden
    Kane

Henderson and Maguire unlikely to be fit enough for first match v Croatia. I don't think Sancho will start, neither will Greenwood if he goes. Rashford and Grealish not at full fitness. England will have insane quality on the bench not even mentioned TAA or Shaw.

The reason I may avoid England is because we never score that many goals at the Euro's and if we get out of the group we face either France, Germany or Portugal.
    Introduction to Euro 2020 Fantasy League...

Pickford
    Phillips/Henderson Rice
    Mount
    Sterling Foden
    Kane

Henderson and Maguire unlikely to be fit enough for first match v Croatia. I don't think Sancho will start, neither will Greenwood if he goes. Rashford and Grealish not at full fitness. England will have insane quality on the bench not even mentioned TAA or Shaw.

The reason I may avoid England is because we never score that many goals at the Euro's and if we get out of the group we face either France, Germany or Portugal.

I guess the two City boys – Sterling and Foden – can be worth considering, but they too can be rotated with the other attacking options, like Sancho for example. Picking players from the England team looks difficult, Kane (and probably Pickford) aside.

Nice! It can be very useful with some Euro Fantasy content up until and throughout the competition.

Pickford
    Phillips/Henderson Rice
    Mount
    Sterling Foden
    Kane

I guess the two City boys – Sterling and Foden – can be worth considering, but they too can be rotated with the other attacking options, like Sancho for example. Picking players from the England team looks difficult, Kane (and probably Pickford) aside.

Nice! It can be very useful with some Euro Fantasy content up until and throughout the competition.

Forget what I said regarding England players, after watching Andy's video I realised there is Unlimited Transfers after group stages anyway.
    ---

Watching build up to the Europa League Final, Untied should batter these with our fire power. A loss will be failure.

Pickford
    Phillips/Henderson Rice
    Mount
    Sterling Foden
    Kane

Forget what I said regarding England players, after watching Andy's video I realised there is Unlimited Transfers after group stages anyway.
    ---

Watching build up to the Europa League Final, Untied should batter these with our fire power. A loss will be failure.

Looking at it briefly just now, I like the transfer solution in this game. It makes it a bit easier to play the game.

Didn't watch the EL final, but it's a bit strange that United didn't have the title in the bag. How did the teams play?

Pickford
    Phillips/Henderson Rice
    Mount
    Sterling Foden
    Kane

---

Looking at it briefly just now, I like the transfer solution in this game. It makes it a bit easier to play the game.

Didn't watch the EL final, but it's a bit strange that United didn't have the title in the bag. How did the teams play?

United were garbage Ole reverted back to default mode, safety first tactics, he made no subs or tactical changes in the first 90 minutes.

Will have a good look at Euro 2020 site tonight, start building a draft team etc.
    Chrome still blocking me from Fantasy Football Euros 2020, think it must be my security system. To be honest fed up with Chrome, so bloody slow at times.

Pickford
    Phillips/Henderson Rice
    Mount
    Sterling Foden
    Kane

---

United were garbage Ole reverted back to default mode, safety first tactics, he made no subs or tactical changes in the first 90 minutes.

Will have a good look at Euro 2020 site tonight, start building a draft team etc.

Very strange. You'd think he'd want to change things up a bit throughout the match…
    Chrome still blocking me from Fantasy Football Euros 2020, think it must be my security system. To be honest fed up with Chrome, so bloody slow at times.

Any other browser works? I use Chrome myself, and it seems to work alright for me. As you mention, it might be a security issue. In that case, it's probably worth having a look at the browser settings.

Pickford
    Phillips/Henderson Rice
    Mount
    Sterling Foden
    Kane

---

Very strange. You'd think he'd want to change things up a bit throughout the match…

Any other browser works? I use Chrome myself, and it seems to work alright for me. As you mention, it might be a security issue. In that case, it's probably worth having a look at the browser settings.

Just re installed Firefox though remembered why i got rid of it lol going to check if i can access the Euro 2020 site.

Deleted Firefox, gone with Edge Browser its improved quite a bit, also just found YouTube enhancer extension which blocks all adds on YouTube, Adds was one of the reasons I have not been using Edge, Euro 2020 site works perfect. After I have done some training will start looking at my team.

No idea what issue is with Chrome.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Pickford
    Phillips/Henderson Rice
    Mount
    Sterling Foden
    Kane

---

Who won the EFL ?....... Eurovision FL 👍
    @Torgeirtrap Do you want me to set up the Euro 2020 League? or do you want to do it, happy for you to do it if you want.

Just done my first draft to get ball rolling, unlikely I will keep any of the players lol

Pickford
    Phillips/Henderson Rice
    Mount
    Sterling Foden
    Kane

---

Just re installed Firefox though remembered why i got rid of it lol going to check if i can access the Euro 2020 site.

Deleted Firefox, gone with Edge Browser its improved quite a bit, also just found YouTube enhancer extension which blocks all adds on YouTube, Adds was one of the reasons I have not been using Edge, Euro 2020 site works perfect. After I have done some training will start looking at my team.

No idea what issue is with Chrome.

Very strange. It works fine for me. Haven't set up a team yet, so there might still be some issues with Chrome that I just haven't encountered yet.
    @Torgeirtrap Do you want me to set up the Euro 2020 League? or do you want to do it, happy for you to do it if you want.

Just done my first draft to get ball rolling, unlikely I will keep any of the players lol

Sure, go ahead setting up the league! I'm likely to register my team tonight or tomorrow :-)

Pickford
    Phillips/Henderson Rice
    Mount
    Sterling Foden
    Kane

---

Who won the EFL ?....... Eurovision FL 👍

:))
    0Z7JgmY.png

Hi all FPL fans come join the fun with Euro 2020 Fantasy Football, the code for joining the Back of the Net! league is...

60L0PQKP04

Here is the Link to register and set up your Team...

Here is the League Link...

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/leagues/60L0PQKP04/004200610063006B0020006F006600200074006800650020004E006500740021/

wtip4Py.png
    Joined! :-bd

On my fifth draft team, already getting excited for the tournament :))

Going with a very strong 5 man midfield currently.

Haha, that's the "curse" of Fantasy football – the endless amount of drafts!

I struggle finding a good balance in my team. I will most likely have to drop one of the premium players.

I struggle finding a good balance in my team. I will most likely have to drop one of the premium players.

The way my team is structured currently its either Bruno or KDB though after last night will have to see how bad KDB injury is.

The way my team is structured currently its either Bruno or KDB though after last night will have to see how bad KDB injury is.

De Bruyne is in my team right now. Easy switch to anyone else though, should he not be available.

Nice! It's great that these videos are rather short. Makes it easier to get through more content before the Euros start.

De Bruyne is in my team right now. Easy switch to anyone else though, should he not be available.

Nice! It's great that these videos are rather short. Makes it easier to get through more content before the Euros start.

A couple of points Andy made got me rethinking a few moves I was considering, agree bite size videos are the way to go.
    ---
    Made another draft my team is getting more into focus, there a midweek International friendlies and at the weekend also, will give us a better idea of player likely to start games.

A couple of points Andy made got me rethinking a few moves I was considering, agree bite size videos are the way to go.
    ---
    Made another draft my team is getting more into focus, there a midweek International friendlies and at the weekend also, will give us a better idea of player likely to start games.

I will likely set aside time closer towards the weekend. I have a few players I'm considering, but I haven't locked to a formation so anything can happen yet.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,263
    DE BROKEN Kevin De Bruyne huge doubt for Euro 2020 after suffering TWO broken bones in face after grim Rudiger clash for Man City
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15112568/kevin-de-bruyne-doubt-euro-2020/

“Hi guys just got back from the hospital,” De Bruyne wrote on Twitter. “My diagnosis is acute nose bone fracture and left orbital fracture. I feel okay now. Still disappointed about yesterday obviously but we will be back.”

Nasty injury could play with face guard though very risky if gets a bump, I would be shocked if he played any of the group games, if any games in the tournament. Doctors probably wont clear him.

---

Man United have withdrawn Mason Greenwood from England Euro 2020 Squad due to injury, shame as Greenwood would have been a good impact sub off the bench, apparently he has had a long term injury United have been protecting.