The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited May 2021 Posts: 17,279
    Fine margins in your position, random points I am happy with lol no chance I will finish in top 300k now.

Every point counts, that's for sure!

You got a nice differential in Wood though. He's on form, and can deliver against a Liverpool side that hasn't been good defensively this season.

I expect Liverpool to win (I captained Salah) though am hoping Wood will score vs that defence.

Salah captain here as well. Without Fernandes, he seemed the go-to option. I could have tried something more exciting for the captaincy, but opted for something safe.
    Fulham scored 1 - 1United had chances though not got there shooting boots on.

Was counting on a United clean sheet tonight. Not the best start to this gameweek…

Cancelo -3 for me :((

Ouch, that was bad luck. Cancelo was a great pick on paper this gameweek.
    End of season games with hindsight best to back the players with something still to play for, which is few and far between at this stage admittedly. That was my logic captaining Salah.

My team next GW will be decimated for sure with City and United players rested for there European finals.

I hope we get some news who might and might not play this gameweek. I'll be happy just to field an entire starting eleven, actually.
    The penultimate gameweek of the 2020/21 season is over, and it was a rather average one as several highly owned players failed to deliver. Most gameweek scores in our league were close to or slightly the overall average of 43 points, but Para bailar Lallana! – or gameweek winner – managed a very good 63 points. Congratulations! =D>

NXJRlFI.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC
    GW 27: BAMSI BEYYEM/Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 28: Shoots...he scores
    GW 29: Team Extreme
    GW 30: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 31: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 32: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 33: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 34: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 35: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 36: BAMSI BEYYEM
    GW 37: Para bailar Lallana!

League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 44 - TOT 2400
    2. Team Extreme: GW 46 - TOT 2246
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 52 - TOT 2237
    4. Ayew Crazy!: GW 42 - TOT 2184
    5. Liverpool Richmond: GW 43 - TOT 2180
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 50 - TOT 2133
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 40 - TOT 2053
    8. Honesty FC: GW 58 - TOT 2044
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 45 - TOT 2021
    10. False 9 FC: GW 49 - TOT 2009
    11. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 37 - TOT 1997
    12. Shoots...he scores: GW 50 - TOT 1879
    13. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 44 - TOT 1870
    14. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 63 - TOT 1856
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 34 - TOT 1800
    16. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 29 - TOT 1721
    17. Anfield FC: GW 25 - TOT 1637
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 55 - TOT 1552
    _________

Remember the final gameweek deadline of the season on Sunday at 14:30 UK time. Hopefully we'll get some early team news to help us navigate the final games!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have 5 million in the bank, may take a hit as well as my free transfer as need points. Also have a few dud's in my team unlikely to start.
    I have 5 million in the bank, may take a hit as well as my free transfer as need points. Also have a few dud's in my team unlikely to start.

The 5.0m will give you some options to choose from, no doubt! Haven't had a look at team news yet, and I don't know what to do with my team for this gameweek. Maybe Pickford out if I don't need to prioritise any other transfers.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Well I thought I had 5 million in the Bank, I did a week ago lol I was still able to bring in the player I wanted.

Concerned about five City and United players as all could be benched, I will wait till Sunday to decide who to sell, 8 point Hit inevitable.
    Well I thought I had 5 million in the Bank, I did a week ago lol I was still able to bring in the player I wanted.

Concerned about five City and United players as all could be benched, I will wait till Sunday to decide who to sell, 8 point Hit inevitable.

Good! It's so annoying when you have just too little funds to bring in the player(s) you want.

I share that concern, and won't rule out a hit either. Team rotations for other teams is inevitable too, so taking hits might backfire, unless we know for sure the players we're considering start.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Going for broke in the final round. Playing my Free Hit chip, and have an almost new squad,. Let’s see how it pans out.
    Benny wrote: »
    Going for broke in the final round. Playing my Free Hit chip, and have an almost new squad,. Let’s see how it pans out.

You have done well to keep that chip until the last GW.
    Benny wrote: »

Really wish I still had that chip available! Good luck!
    Got an idea of my two transfers for a hit though looking for team leaks its going to be a last minute move.
    Got an idea of my two transfers for a hit though looking for team leaks its going to be a last minute move.

Same here! It looks like I'm forced to make a defence transfer, but it would be great to at least get some predicted lineups before making a decision. I might take a hit as well, though it's not something I want to do.
    Gr hearing nothing, do I just stick and hope my assets start... time ticking...
    Took a -8 though my PC froze lol I was panicking. Two City players out, I cant risk only having 8 or 9 players starting.
    Took a -8 though my PC froze lol I was panicking. Two City players out, I cant risk only having 8 or 9 players starting.

-8 feels a bit much, though with the risk of having just 8 or 9 players, it's a sensible move. I decided to just make one transfer in the end, as there were so few team news/leaks/rumours. Not that confident in my team for this gameweek, so I can only hope the potential red arrow won't be that huge.

-8 feels a bit much, though with the risk of having just 8 or 9 players, it's a sensible move. I decided to just make one transfer in the end, as there were so few team news/leaks/rumours. Not that confident in my team for this gameweek, so I can only hope the potential red arrow won't be that huge.

Dam went Foden to Raphina and Foden starts, kept Mahrez and Dias both start thankfully. Sold Shaw who is benched and brought in Dallas so that worked out.

Did not expect such a strong City line up.
    Bruno is the only benched player in my starting line up I think, Lingard first sub.
    Bruno and Pogba not in match day squad.
    Here are the final captaincy picks of the 2020/21 season!
    Salah: 9
    Fernandes: 2
    Kane: 2
    De Bruyne: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Sterling: 1
    Bamford: 1
    Rodrigo: 1

With the added factor of rotation, it was interesting to see who everyone has picked for the final games of the season. As we see from this list, most managers have picked Salah as their captain – a player we were pretty sure would feature this afternoon. Fernandes (not in the squad) and Kane makes the only other players picked by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

Dam went Foden to Raphina and Foden starts, kept Mahrez and Dias both start thankfully. Sold Shaw who is benched and brought in Dallas so that worked out.

Did not expect such a strong City line up.

Raphinha is a good pick for this gameweek though. As a Raphinha owner myself, I hope it works out fine playing him!
    Bruno is the only benched player in my starting line up I think, Lingard first sub.

Greenwood the only benched player for me, as far as I can tell. Dias first on the bench, so I have a bit of cover.
    Hopefully Leeds will do a demolition job on WBA.
    Hopefully Leeds will do a demolition job on WBA.

Yes! Nearly went with Bamford in for a hit, but he's on the bench for Leeds.
    ________-

Impressive looking free Hit squad you got, @benny! :-bd
    Mahrez and Raphina getting assists for me good start.
    Mahrez and Raphina getting assists for me good start.

Really wish I had some attacking City options. Mahrez will deliver this afternoon, no doubt!
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,327
    Dam Newcastle scored then I realised Areola did not even start lol Martinez will come in.

Willock scored, Arsenals player of the season?
    Dam Newcastle scored then I realised Areola did not even start lol Martinez will come in.

Willock scored, Arsenals player of the season?

Martinez is a good option this afternoon. He can score big.

Yes, as often is the case, Arsenal players do better when not playing for the club anymore. Seven in a row for Willock has matched the longest run of consecutive scoring in the Premier League of any Arsenal player.
    Firmino assist glad I got him in, hopefully that will keep him on the pitch.

Mane scored.
    Dam Kane scored.
    Firmino assist glad I got him in, hopefully that will keep him on the pitch.

Mane scored.

Firmino was a clever pick!
    Dam Kane scored.

Yes, damn! (and I say that as an owner :)) )
    Season ends with a whimper, I should not have taken those hits would have got more points oh well. Congratulations to @Torgiertrap on winning this years mini league =D>
    wp-content%252Fgallery%252Freasons-to-stay-home-on-nye%252Fgandalf-fireworks.gif%252Ffit-in__850x850.gif?signature=AXBJnOpgNHES95H0XU7tCyiXP44=&source=https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com
    Season ends with a whimper, I should not have taken those hits would have got more points oh well. Congratulations to @Torgiertrap on winning this years mini league =D>
    wp-content%252Fgallery%252Freasons-to-stay-home-on-nye%252Fgandalf-fireworks.gif%252Ffit-in__850x850.gif?signature=AXBJnOpgNHES95H0XU7tCyiXP44=&source=https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com

Thank you! I'll do a short writeup of the season tomorrow, looking at some stats etc. (if I can find a good source for it).
    And that's it, the 2020/21 season PL is over, and so is FPL! That means there's only one thing left to do, and that's to check the final scores in our league. First, our gameweek 38 winners were False 9 FC and Eze Peze JapanEze – both scoring 68 points, finishing on a gameweek rank of 599 369 and 610 304 respectively. Congratulations! =D>

DngAyQw.jpg

Secondly, the Back of the net! 2020/21 winner is Dinamo Skruknott, finishing the season with 2459, and an overall rank of 24 472. =D>

mzEA5yQ.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC
    GW 27: BAMSI BEYYEM/Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 28: Shoots...he scores
    GW 29: Team Extreme
    GW 30: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 31: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 32: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 33: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 34: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 35: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 36: BAMSI BEYYEM
    GW 37: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 38: False 9 FC and Eze Peze JapanEze
    Final league table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 59 - TOT 2459
    2. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 64 - TOT 2301
    3. Team Extreme: GW 50 - TOT 2288
    4. Liverpool Richmond: GW 57 - TOT 2237
    5. Ayew Crazy!: GW 44 - TOT 2228
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 57 - TOT 2190
    7. Honesty FC: GW 49 - TOT 2093
    8. MEJICO POWA: GW 40 - TOT 2093
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 56 - TOT 2077
    10. False 9 FC: GW 68 - TOT 2077
    11. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 66 - TOT 2055
    12. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 68 - TOT 1938
    13. Shoots...he scores: GW 52 - TOT 1931
    14. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 62 - TOT 1918
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 51 - TOT 1851
    16. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 53 - TOT 1774
    17. Anfield FC: GW 52 - TOT 1689
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 37 - TOT 1589

As a season review, I think it can be interesting to look up some stats as well. For example, as we see from this list of gameweek wins that it was tight competition for most gameweek wins, with 12 managers becoming the gameweek winner more than once. 15 out of 18 teams managed to become the gameweek winner at least once. Cool!

Number of gameweek wins:

Dinamo Skruknott: 6
    False 9 FC: 4
    Honesty FC: 4
    MEJICO POWA: 3
    Colombian Sly Foxes: 3
    Liverpool Richmond: 3
    Mesut Özil (later BAMSI BEYYEM): 3
    Para bailar Lallana!: 3
    Team Extreme: 3
    ☆Fa3inho FC☆: 2
    LVLA Skopje 05: 2
    Ayew Crazy!: 2
    Cremonese-killen: 1
    Shoots...he scores: 1
    Eze Peze JapanEze: 1

I also pulled up the Fantasy Football What-if Machine, to see how our league would have looked if no teams made any transfers at all after gameweek 1. The What-if Machine also includes points from the bench, and the captain/vice captain you picked in the first round. What this tells us, is that Honesty FCs team would by far have performed best in our league throughout the season, with 654 points(!) coming on from the bench. Honesty FCs total points of 2093, means that the transfers made and captaincy choices have been worth a total of 165 points. Everyone can check their own team using the link above :-)
    Honesty FC: 1928
    MEJICO POWA: 1780
    Team Extreme: 1768 points
    LVLA Skopje 05: 1735
    ☆Fa3inho FC☆: 1734
    False 9 FC: 1702
    Liverpool Richmond: 1678 points
    Raging Bulls: 1646
    Dinamo Skruknott: 1646 points
    Ayew Crazy!: 1630
    Cremonese-killen: 1628
    Eze Pese JapanEze: 1580
    Anfield FC: 1566
    Para bailar Lallana!: 1504
    Shoots…he scores: 1471
    Colombian Sly Foxes: 1469 points
    BAMSI BEYYEM: 1449
    GoldyTheRefStars: 1368

_________

I tried finding some more stats as well, but couldn't find stats that covered leagues as a whole – just separate teams. If I find any more later, I'll post them here.
    _________

I'm ending this comment thanking everyone for playing FPL this season. No fans in the stadiums has been an additional factor to playing FPL this season, making it more challenging and unpredictable than it might normally have been. Still, I hope we all had fun playing, and that everyone wants to challenge for the Back of the net! 2021/22 title in a few months time!

I'll try and keep this thread somewhat active throughout the summer, and of course give a heads up when the game is updated for next season. I expect that will happen a month or so before the season starts, probably early to mid July or something like that. :-)