The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• edited September 2019 Posts: 17,301
    Just woke to see Vardy's haul ~X( typical, at least I am getting Soyoncu cleansheet points

That's FPL for you…

True I got Son and Pieters points I guess, though Van Dyke and Vardy's points are much better. Having two free transfers I feel compelled to use them even when I dont necessarily need to, no doubt most managers fall into the same trap. I may do what a Football Scout host does use single transfers more often keeping a transfer banked

Edited: forgot I had mount last week also gr

If you don't have any transfers planned, you can just use that one free transfer on one of the cheap players for a potentially better replacement, saving the other one – or if there absolutely nothing you see yourself wanting to change, you can just burn the transfer too.

Since I started playing FPL last season I have never burned a transfer, I need to get out of that habit. I fell into the collective 'we need to get Abraham' in trap

There's two sides to burning a transfer I think. On one side it's a luxury move many managers can't afford, so you're potentially setting yourself up in a good position overall rank wise; if you're on same amount of points as a player and he/she has done one more transfer than you (or more), you'll go ahead of that person on the rankings. On the other hand, there's often something that could be done with the team – downgrading a bench player to a cheaper option to raise funds, getting an in-form cheap player or similar.

I was sooo close to getting Abraham for a hit this weekend. Decided to wait and see instead. For once it worked out fine.

Well just checked livefpl.net those 6 points from Soyoncu have took me 68000 points up the rankings (with autosubs included), crazy.

We both need a few Greenwood goals tomorrow ;)

I think that game will be like last year 2 - 2

That just shows how incredibly close we are between the points seven gameweeks into the season. Just a few points can make quite the difference.

You know I hope he won't score, haha! I'll settle for a no-show (I have Dendoncker with three points first on the bench), or him playing 90 mins for two points.

Tomorrow could be Greenwood's Rooney moment when he arrives on the big stage with a great goal against Arsenal ;)

Yeah I can understand your point of view, I watched the AFTV pregame discussion it was amusing

I certainly hope not! [-X

What did they discuss on AFTV?

Just the game with a United fan from The United Stand, they discussed combined 11 hardly any United players in the side, DT was on it he was quite chilled.

Troopz was on the other Prematch build up on The United Stand's channel though that was mainly just two United fans arguing whether Ole was sh*t or not ;)) Our team is a joke right now.

Surely the United defence made the combined eleven?

I don't think United are more of a joke than them managing a win against Arsenal tomorrow. Arsenal are very much a joke, IMO; defence is a shambles, midfield is constantly on or off, which also affects the team going forward. If not for Aubameyang and Lacazette (when fit), Arsenal wouldn't have been inside the top ten at this point, I think.
    A lot of FPL managers selling Salah, Sterling and Pukki (tens of thouasands) I think that is a mistake

Pukki is still value I think, and not a priority before a home game. I'm tempted to get rid of one of Salah/Sterling, in order to upgrade elsewhere. Don't know if I'm willing to play that risky though.

Your right back and left back were being argued despite both hardly playing this season and Holding also being argued rather than Lindelof, its a Arsenal channel lol

Pukki has a good fixture next against Villa at home definately hanging onto him, no transfers for me this week I may keep hold of Sterling, KDB and Salah long term as they will score at some point. No transfers for me this week

None from the Arsenal defence would get into my starting eleven on current form, that's for sure. It would be all United.

That's what we all say before a week of midweek games, haha! :))
    To be serious, saving a transfer is always good. Two available transfers is a great advantage, and might come handy in case players are unavailable for whatever reason.

My team has risen again now by a further 0.6 so will hang on to what I have this week, next weeks fixtures I am happy with. Abraham is the player that I will monitor the most as I was not impressed with him using the eye test yesterday, though Chelsea do have a good run.

Definitely agree re. next gameweek's fixtures. They do look more promising (on paper) – which probably means it will be a lot of unexpected results!

Abraham is still very young, so you might have to expect his performances (at least FPL wise) be a bit uneven. The fixtures are great though, so he will surely do well even so.

Abraham will have that inconsistency for sure though he is a player capable of a brace in a game or two that's what I am hoping over the next few weeks

Indeed, and that's why he's currently a very good striker option. I've gone with Wilson for now (and he looks very consistent), but Abraham is very much a player I want to bring in.

I wish I had gone for Callum Wilson early as missed a lot of his points, though his price is a no go for me now

He's only a little bit more expensive than Abraham now (given Abraham's price rises), but it's a tricky price bracket. I'm already seeing that I'm off by 0.1-0.4 from making potential transfers, and that partly comes down to picking Callum Wilson over Abraham.

This also makes me uncertain about which moves I should be doing for next gameweek. Saving a transfer is an option, but there are transfers to potentially look at; some maybe pushed by price changes.

I cant free up cash elsewhere currently, also my defense is very cheap other than TAA cant release money there, plus I need to generate cash to bring in Matip as a second Liverpool defender in four or five weeks

Yeah, there's a limit how cheap the defence can be. One premium is needed, IMO - if not two. Matip is a good example of a player that lets you tap into a team's defence at a cheaper price. I think he can be a really good option should Liverpool manage to keep clean sheets regularly.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,407
    Just woke to see Vardy's haul ~X( typical, at least I am getting Soyoncu cleansheet points

That's FPL for you…

True I got Son and Pieters points I guess, though Van Dyke and Vardy's points are much better. Having two free transfers I feel compelled to use them even when I dont necessarily need to, no doubt most managers fall into the same trap. I may do what a Football Scout host does use single transfers more often keeping a transfer banked

If you don't have any transfers planned, you can just use that one free transfer on one of the cheap players for a potentially better replacement, saving the other one – or if there absolutely nothing you see yourself wanting to change, you can just burn the transfer too.

Since I started playing FPL last season I have never burned a transfer, I need to get out of that habit. I fell into the collective 'we need to get Abraham' in trap

There's two sides to burning a transfer I think. On one side it's a luxury move many managers can't afford, so you're potentially setting yourself up in a good position overall rank wise; if you're on same amount of points as a player and he/she has done one more transfer than you (or more), you'll go ahead of that person on the rankings. On the other hand, there's often something that could be done with the team – downgrading a bench player to a cheaper option to raise funds, getting an in-form cheap player or similar.

I was sooo close to getting Abraham for a hit this weekend. Decided to wait and see instead. For once it worked out fine.

Well just checked livefpl.net those 6 points from Soyoncu have took me 68000 points up the rankings (with autosubs included), crazy.

That just shows how incredibly close we are between the points seven gameweeks into the season. Just a few points can make quite the difference.

You know I hope he won't score, haha! I'll settle for a no-show (I have Dendoncker with three points first on the bench), or him playing 90 mins for two points.

Tomorrow could be Greenwood's Rooney moment when he arrives on the big stage with a great goal against Arsenal ;)

Yeah I can understand your point of view, I watched the AFTV pregame discussion it was amusing

Just the game with a United fan from The United Stand, they discussed combined 11 hardly any United players in the side, DT was on it he was quite chilled.

Troopz was on the other Prematch build up on The United Stand's channel though that was mainly just two United fans arguing whether Ole was sh*t or not ;)) Our team is a joke right now.

I don't think United are more of a joke than them managing a win against Arsenal tomorrow. Arsenal are very much a joke, IMO; defence is a shambles, midfield is constantly on or off, which also affects the team going forward. If not for Aubameyang and Lacazette (when fit), Arsenal wouldn't have been inside the top ten at this point, I think.
    A lot of FPL managers selling Salah, Sterling and Pukki (tens of thouasands) I think that is a mistake

Pukki is still value I think, and not a priority before a home game. I'm tempted to get rid of one of Salah/Sterling, in order to upgrade elsewhere. Don't know if I'm willing to play that risky though.

Your right back and left back were being argued despite both hardly playing this season and Holding also being argued rather than Lindelof, its a Arsenal channel lol

Pukki has a good fixture next against Villa at home definately hanging onto him, no transfers for me this week I may keep hold of Sterling, KDB and Salah long term as they will score at some point. No transfers for me this week

None from the Arsenal defence would get into my starting eleven on current form, that's for sure. It would be all United.

To be serious, saving a transfer is always good. Two available transfers is a great advantage, and might come handy in case players are unavailable for whatever reason.

My team has risen again now by a further 0.6 so will hang on to what I have this week, next weeks fixtures I am happy with. Abraham is the player that I will monitor the most as I was not impressed with him using the eye test yesterday, though Chelsea do have a good run.

Definitely agree re. next gameweek's fixtures. They do look more promising (on paper) – which probably means it will be a lot of unexpected results!

Abraham is still very young, so you might have to expect his performances (at least FPL wise) be a bit uneven. The fixtures are great though, so he will surely do well even so.

Abraham will have that inconsistency for sure though he is a player capable of a brace in a game or two that's what I am hoping over the next few weeks

Indeed, and that's why he's currently a very good striker option. I've gone with Wilson for now (and he looks very consistent), but Abraham is very much a player I want to bring in.

I wish I had gone for Callum Wilson early as missed a lot of his points, though his price is a no go for me now

He's only a little bit more expensive than Abraham now (given Abraham's price rises), but it's a tricky price bracket. I'm already seeing that I'm off by 0.1-0.4 from making potential transfers, and that partly comes down to picking Callum Wilson over Abraham.

This also makes me uncertain about which moves I should be doing for next gameweek. Saving a transfer is an option, but there are transfers to potentially look at; some maybe pushed by price changes.

I cant free up cash elsewhere currently, also my defense is very cheap other than TAA cant release money there, plus I need to generate cash to bring in Matip as a second Liverpool defender in four or five weeks

Yeah, there's a limit how cheap the defence can be. One premium is needed, IMO - if not two. Matip is a good example of a player that lets you tap into a team's defence at a cheaper price. I think he can be a really good option should Liverpool manage to keep clean sheets regularly.

Matip appears to have nailed down that starting place though I will hold off as Liverpool have some very tough games until GW13, then and with Allisson likely back I expect a few clean sheets.

That's FPL for you…

Matip appears to have nailed down that starting place though I will hold off as Liverpool have some very tough games until GW13, then and with Allisson likely back I expect a few clean sheets.

Good point re. Alisson. Wonder how long it is until he's fit? The problem with Liverpool is CL rotation. I fear Alexander-Arnold might be rotated a bit going forward, and I definitely need to strengthen the options at the back in case he misses games.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Greenwood on Bench, Rashford and Pogba starting for United, Wan Bissaka injured

I'm not surprised…

No Tierney or Bellerín as expected; Saka Pépé and Aubameyang up front, and Chambers and Torreira starts as well.

I'm not surprised…

No Tierney or Bellerín as expected; Saka Pépé and Aubameyang up front, and Chambers and Torreira starts as well.

Low expectations on this one, just watching Keano reminiscing about the rivalry probably will be more entertaining than the game

I'm not surprised…

Low exceptions on this one, just watching Keano reminiscing about the rivalry probably will be more entertaining than the game

It will probably be entertaining for United fans. Not sure about the team Emery has chosen tonight…

I'm not surprised…

Low exceptions on this one, just watching Keano reminiscing about the rivalry probably will be more entertaining than the game

It will probably be entertaining for United fans. Not sure about the team Emery has chosen tonight…

Your midfield looks defensive, I expect a Gunners win we are sh*t

I'm not surprised…

No, we are!

Not surprised by the Arsenal midfield though. I kinda expected Ceballos to start, but Emery might want him as an option from the bench.

I'm not surprised…

No, we are!

Not surprised by the Arsenal midfield though. I kinda expected Ceballos to start, but Emery might want him as an option from the bench.

Emery should have set his team up to attack United

I'm not surprised…

No, we are!

He definitely should have.

Chambers booked before ten minutes played. I definitely see where this is going…

I'm not surprised…

No, we are!

Chambers booked before ten minutes played. I definitely see where this is going…

The frailty in your defense is obvious though our attack is not great right now, this has Greenwood from bench winner allover it, gutted Greenwood did not start

I'm not surprised…

No, we are!

The frailty in your defense is obvious though our attack is not great right now, this has Greenwood from bench winner allover it, gutted Greenwood did not start

Written in the stars, mate. Definitely happening :(

My stream is a minute or so behind, so I have text updates via my laptop as well. It covers all games playing right now, so every notification makes me jump (nervously)!

I'm not surprised…

No, we are!

I was thinking of FPL points :))
    The game is as bleak as the weather

I'm not surprised…

No, we are!

I was thinking of FPL points :))

Oh, OK! Still though - it will surely happen. Perfect opportunity for him this.
    The game is as bleak as the weather

Very true!
    What was that freekick
    What was that freekick

I know, right? @-)
    What was that freekick

I know, right? @-)

Both teams are garbage they both deserve to lose
    What was that freekick

I know, right? @-)

Both teams are garbage they both deserve to lose

Horrible game so far. United a bit better.
    Chances for both teams in closing moments
    Get in
    Sh*t…Arsenal with no chance of finishing top six playing like this.

Turned off the game. Playing like this, Arsenal aren't worth spending time on.

Neither have United, that double save from De Gea vital there, good finish by one of our kids

Neither have United, that double save from De Gea vital there, good finish by one of our kids

It's a game that is very tight, yet Arsenal end up on the losing side. Happened so many times before. What will this mean for Emery at Arsenal, I wonder.

It's a game that is very tight, yet Arsenal end up on the losing side. Happened so many times before. What will this mean for Emery at Arsenal, I wonder.

Only half time we messed up against Southampton and Wolves, this could easily be a draw. Greenwood is a match winner hope he gets on

Only half time we messed up against Southampton and Wolves, this could easily be a draw. Greenwood is a match winner hope he gets on

Can't see Arsenal getting back from this. Typical Arsenal performance; some teams never change.

Can't see Arsenal getting back from this. Typical Arsenal performance; some teams never change.

When Bellerin and Tierny return you will be a much better side, excuse bad spelling

When Bellerin and Tierny return you will be a much better side, excuse bad spelling

Both played in the cup (Bellerín only the last ten minutes or so). I think they're a while from starting yet unfortunately.

Both played in the cup (Bellerín only the last ten minutes or so). I think they're a while from starting yet unfortunately.

Ozil on his way out or injured?