The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Under 60 minutes means no clean sheet bonus also?

Kicking myself for not captaining Aguero

Yes. One more minute and that would have been one more point for having played 60, and another one for clean sheet. Double that with captaincy.

Still think Sané was a good option this gameweek. No way of predicting he'd be benched/getting reduced minutes. At least you own Agüero!

Almost impossible to guess Pep Roulette, onto next GW.

Hopefully next gameweek will be less unpredictable!

In two minds to stick with Aguero for one more week or get Aubameyang back in.

Yes. One more minute and that would have been one more point for having played 60, and another one for clean sheet. Double that with captaincy.

Still think Sané was a good option this gameweek. No way of predicting he'd be benched/getting reduced minutes. At least you own Agüero!

Difficult one. Would probably wait for the press conferences before making a decision.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,395

Difficult one. Would probably wait for the press conferences before making a decision.

Already took a hit so will probably hold off for a week, Aubameyang against Huddersfield could be a big point Haul though Gr.

Already took a hit so will probably hold off for a week, Aubameyang against Huddersfield could be a big point Haul though Gr.

If you've already taken hits, I'd probably wait. Expect Arsenal to struggle against Huddersfield with current form. Have Aubameyang myself, but don't know if I'm brave enough to putting the armband on him.

If you've already taken hits, I'd probably wait. Expect Arsenal to struggle against Huddersfield with current form. Have Aubameyang myself, but don't know if I'm brave enough to putting the armband on him.

Aubameyang appears to play better at home admittedly, I'll prob just get him back in with free transfer when Aguero blanks
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,297

Aubameyang appears to play better at home admittedly, I'll prob just get him back in with free transfer when Aguero blanks

Yeah, that's true. Great fixture for Arsenal to find some form of course, but I don't think it will be easy.

It's not a transfer that's absolutely necessary to make this week. You can target the following gameweek instead, for example.

A previous FPL winner
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Once again, 1 free transfer + 1 extra transfer (-4 points) to try fixing some dodgy choices in the last couple game weeks: Sané --> Pogba (vs Fulham) & Aubameyang --> Aguero (vs Chelsea).

My team for this weekend:

Ederson
    Holebas, Bednarek, Doherty, Bamba
    Pogba, Son, Salah, Moutinho
    Aguero (C), Jimenez

I can't risk more than 1 extra transfer, so I'll play with an extra defender than usual, hoping to get a clean sheet back in case Man City concedes versus Chelsea (which is likely, I guess).
    Once again, 1 free transfer + 1 extra transfer (-4 points) to try fixing some dodgy choices in the last couple game weeks: Sané --> Pogba (vs Fulham) & Aubameyang --> Aguero (vs Chelsea).

Ederson
    Aguero (C), Jimenez

I can't risk more than 1 extra transfer, so I'll play with an extra defender than usual, hoping to get a clean sheet back in case Man City concedes versus Chelsea (which is likely, I guess).

I am considering Agüero as Captain he has a good record against Chelsea.

A previous FPL winner

Watched this one yesterday. Always interesting to learn how people play the game.

Ederson
    Aguero (C), Jimenez

Looks good! Just remember that Agüero and Ederson have no game to play in gameweek 27.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I know, @Torgeirtrap! I'm trying to use the minimum amount of extra transfers to get both Aguero & Hazard, so I'll use the next 2 game weeks as a test on who I'll sell for Hazard. If Salah or Son are disappointing --> out they go!
    I know, @Torgeirtrap! I'm trying to use the minimum amount of extra transfers to get both Aguero & Hazard, so I'll use the next 2 game weeks as a test on who I'll sell for Hazard. If Salah or Son are disappointing --> out they go!

Planning ahead is smart. Given that Hazard face City and Sp*rs next (with a blank gameweek between those fixtures), you might get away with waiting to get him for gameweek 29 onwards.

Have no clue what to do with my team going forward. Transferring out Richarlison and maybe Laporte for the blank gameweek is one possibility. Don't know which players to replace them with yet though.
    If all else fails, I still have my 2nd Wildcard available, but I'd like to save it for later.
    If all else fails, I still have my 2nd Wildcard available, but I'd like to save it for later.

The second wildcard is a great asset, if available. At some point there will be more blanks, or injuries might force you to play it. It was like that last season for me, if I remember correctly. Think I had four injuries hitting my team at the same time!
    After seeing the line ups FPL has become secondary to United getting a win, a bit of a risk from Ole with that line up
    Ole seems positive come on United... I am pleased I removed Rashford as Captain at the last minute
    After seeing the line ups FPL has become secondary to United getting a win, a bit of a risk from Ole with that line up

He probably has that PSG game in mind. Think there was talks about resting players earlier this week.

Here are the gameweek 26 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 5
    Aubameyang: 2
    Agüero: 1
    Son: 1
    Sané: 1
    Rashford: 1

A more varied set of captains this gameweek, with Salah against Bournemouth the most popular captaincy pick. Good luck all!
    Yeah I know I knew about a few players missing out, Smalling and Jones at the back today is a concern

I went for Salah as Captain, he will probably get a brace against Bournemouth
    Yeah I know I knew about a few players missing out, Smalling and Jones at the back today is a concern

I went for Salah as Captain, he will probably get a brace against Bournemouth

Knowing some players might be benched (but not who), I decided to just sit tight and avoid taking a hit for replacements. There's a good chance Rashford will come on, or play next gameweek instead.

Salah captain here as well. Had my mind on captaining Aubameyang, but with him being sick earlier this week I landed on Salah instead. He's unlikely to get rotated, and usually play full 90 min matches. Son (in for Sané) was also an option I considered.
    Pogba opens the score for United! 1-0 vs Fulham.

Edit: Martial makes it 2-0.
    Pogba has been a great option recently.
    Penalty United, Pogba takes it to make it 3-0 for United.
    Penalty United, Pogba takes it to make it 3-0 for United.

Just noticed a mini league rival in a different league captained Pogba. Very likely he'll take the lead in that league by the end of this gameweek…
    Sorry to those who captained Aubemayang - he is neither in Starting XI or in substitutes for today's game versus Huddersfield. Glad I sold him!
    He was sick earlier this week. This means Laporte on from the bench…

…and Puncheon for Rashford…
    Richarlison subbed. Need to look at options, I think…
    I benched Bamba at the last minute for Duffy... and he just scored the winning goal for Cardiff... 11 points on my bench just from Bamba...
    I benched Bamba at the last minute for Duffy... and he just scored the winning goal for Cardiff... 11 points on my bench just from Bamba...

Ouch! Made sense to bench him with Cardiff playing away though.

Edit: Southampton scores.
    I fell asleep when the United game started, Pogba on fire great to see. Thankfully Bamba will come in for Rashford though could have done without the yellow card. Average points today though have four players left this weekend, I doubled up with Wolves attackers Jimenez and Jota fingers crossed it works out.

I think I'll keep Aguero for the Blank week if Aubameyang is still out.