The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2023 Posts: 23,407
    Salah my Captain at home to Forest not bad, Martinelli scored me some points at least yesterday.

Salah was my captaincy pick as well. Regret not picking Jota for my Free Hit team though.
    Arsenal gifting City the title here. They've completely lost it.

I thought this was going to be a clean sheet.
    Good comeback though to at least get a point.

Unfortunately for Arsenal, that one point wont be enough to compete with City for the title. They really have taken themselves out of the race with recent performances. Expected this to happen, but would have thought that it would have happened earlier. At this point of the season, it's even more heartbreaking…

I know what you're going through as we finished 2nd to man c (who have been charged with breaking financial fair play rules around 100 times over a nine-year period) 3 times.

It's not worth worrying about too much as there are more important things in life.

Indeed there is. It certainly helps that I never really believed they could do it. But it would have felt better if they were failing at chasing City, rather than failing to keep a lead in the title race. The fact that they've been so close to something that – if we are being realistic – probably won't happen again, have probably crept into the players minds. The way they've performed recently shows it.

Man City v Arsenal in a couple of days will be the game of the season.
    Arteta should play for a draw and park the bus, counter attack with martinelli who is a speed machine imo.

What do you think arteta will do ? Normal formation ?

First of all, I think nothing but three points is enough for Arsenal, so they really have to go for it – which could get ugly if it fails. As for the team – with Saliba increasingly likely to miss the rest of the season – they will probably field the same team as they have in recent weeks. I think Arsenal writer James McNicholas (AKA Gunnerblog) wrote something like he'd like to see Partey drop down in defence instead of Holding, with Jorginho taking the midfield spot. It makes sense given Holding's lack of game time this season, but it will be a brand new starting eleven – and do you want to do so against City of all teams? I doubt it.
    Reaction to Premier League Weekend

He must be really happy to have Hodgson, Emery and Dyche back in the Prem. Can't think of a much better group of managers to portray!
    Quick turn over next GW is tomorrow, going to save my transfers for the Double GW after.

Not sure what to do myself. Might save a transfer, but making a few changes to my team is tempting.

Schar is a doubt for me so may have to make a change, my defenders on the bench have tough fixtures.

Made a transfer looking at my team it really is not set up well for the double GW.
    Salah my Captain at home to Forest not bad, Martinelli scored me some points at least yesterday.

Salah was my captaincy pick as well. Regret not picking Jota for my Free Hit team though.

Unfortunately for Arsenal, that one point wont be enough to compete with City for the title. They really have taken themselves out of the race with recent performances. Expected this to happen, but would have thought that it would have happened earlier. At this point of the season, it's even more heartbreaking…

I know what you're going through as we finished 2nd to man c (who have been charged with breaking financial fair play rules around 100 times over a nine-year period) 3 times.

It's not worth worrying about too much as there are more important things in life.

Indeed there is. It certainly helps that I never really believed they could do it. But it would have felt better if they were failing at chasing City, rather than failing to keep a lead in the title race. The fact that they've been so close to something that – if we are being realistic – probably won't happen again, have probably crept into the players minds. The way they've performed recently shows it.

Arteta should play for a draw and park the bus, counter attack with martinelli who is a speed machine imo.

First of all, I think nothing but three points is enough for Arsenal, so they really have to go for it – which could get ugly if it fails. As for the team – with Saliba increasingly likely to miss the rest of the season – they will probably field the same team as they have in recent weeks. I think Arsenal writer James McNicholas (AKA Gunnerblog) wrote something like he'd like to see Partey drop down in defence instead of Holding, with Jorginho taking the midfield spot. It makes sense given Holding's lack of game time this season, but it will be a brand new starting eleven – and do you want to do so against City of all teams? I doubt it.

He must be really happy to have Hodgson, Emery and Dyche back in the Prem. Can't think of a much better group of managers to portray!
    Quick turn over next GW is tomorrow, going to save my transfers for the Double GW after.

Not sure what to do myself. Might save a transfer, but making a few changes to my team is tempting.

I'll probably save a transfer for GW34 too which is the start of the Back of the net! cup.
    Or bring back EH this gw....

Totally forgot about the cup! It will be an interesting competition to end the FPL season.

Schar is a doubt for me so may have to make a change, my defenders on the bench have tough fixtures.

Made a transfer looking at my team it really is not set up well for the double GW.

Not sure how my team looks like, as I might have missed the deadline by a few seconds! Oh well…
    Here are the gameweek 33 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 10
    De Bruyne: 2
    Salah: 2
    Toney: 1
    Watkins: 1
    Estupiñán: 1
    Kane: 1

After a blank last gameweek, City are back with a decent fixture against a struggling Arsenal – and it's no surprise to see Haaland topping the captaincy list, backed by 10 managers. The only other captaincy picks backed by more than one manager is De Bruyne and Salah – both captained by two managers each. Good luck everyone!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    None of my assets did much in tonight's games though I was wise to bench Palace players.
    Haaland delivered the points for me. Not that I wanted him to do so in this specific fixture, though!
    Haaland delivered the points for me. Not that I wanted him to do so in this specific fixture, though!

Disappointing from Arsenal they were defeated before the game started. Arsenal are a very young side though if the league is lost it was not because of the City game last night.
    Sancho and Rashford both scored for United away to Spurs going into half time, Top 4 looking more secure.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited April 2023 Posts: 2,355
    Sancho and Rashford both scored for United away to Spurs going into half time, Top 4 looking more secure.

I don't think we can make top 4 although with dias and jota back recently it looks like there could be a good run till the end of the season, with some luck of course.
    Back of the net! cup starts today for some as there seems to be a few byes.

I don't think we can make top 4 although with dias and jota back recently it looks like there could be a good run till the end of the season, with some luck of course.

It will be difficult despite United dropping points, though Liverpool do seem to have gained some form in recent weeks.
    Debating whether to take a hit though one of my single game players has a really good fixture and may outscore a Double GW player...
    Debating whether to take a hit though one of my single game players has a really good fixture and may outscore a Double GW player...

I'm thinking of doing that too as a Double GW player usually works out better unless they get injured or rested.

Disappointing from Arsenal they were defeated before the game started. Arsenal are a very young side though if the league is lost it was not because of the City game last night.

Have to count in the form in recent weeks and the fixture before the City game as well. They've been playing bad for quite some time, unfortunately.
    Back of the net! cup starts today for some as there seems to be a few byes.

There are many good teams in our league. Expect we'll see some close scores in the cup!

I'm on a -4 currently – which might become a -8.
    We have another deadline in less than two hours, but let's have a quick look at gameweek 33 first! The previous gameweek was a low scoring affair, with just 42 points on average. This was a much better gameweek for FPL managers, with popular players like Rashford, Kane, De Bruyne and Haaland all delivering double digit scores. That was reflected in our league as well, with several great scores. None did better than Goldy’sDreamSquad however, scoring 78 points. Congratulations!

7pFf221.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 23: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 24: MEJICO POWA
    GW 25: AC Miami
    GW 26: ابو كاتم
    GW 27: AC Miami
    GW 28: Cremonese-killen & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 30: Cremonese-killen
    GW 31: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 32: MEJICO POWA
    GW 33: Goldy’sDreamSquad
    _______

Don't forget the gameweek 34 deadline today, at 11:00 UK time! =D>
    I just made the most side ways move ever... for a Hit I brought a Single GW player in for a Single GW player :)) I thought the player I brought in had a double GW :)) I need to wake up!
    Ouch! I hope that player at least have a great fixture!

I just pulled the trigger on a -8. A bit of a gamble, but it buys me the security of additional games this gameweek, as well as setting up my team for the upcoming gameweeks.

I just pulled the trigger on a -8. A bit of a gamble, but it buys me the security of additional games this gameweek, as well as setting up my team for the upcoming gameweeks.

I kind of gave up a month ago or so, I have not been doing the eye test or paying attention to a lot of players form. saying that when i have been obsessive in the past about FPL I have not necessarily been more successful :))

The player I brought in has been doing well and is in a in form side, though I sold Watkins to bring him in :)) I don't now what I am doing :))
    I had my triple captain on Salah though bottled it at the last minute.

I kind of gave up a month ago or so, I have not been doing the eye test or paying attention to a lot of players form. saying that when i have been obsessive in the past about FPL I have not necessarily been more successful :))

The player I brought in has been doing well and is in a in form side, though I sold Watkins to bring him in :)) I don't now what I am doing :))

My investment in FPL changes from time to time too. I've been struggling at making the right decisions this season, so I will probably have to make more of an effort if I want to do better next season!

That's a powerful chip to still have left. There are more possibilities to use it though.
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 17,301
    Here are the gameweek 34 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 14
    De Bruyne: 2
    Salah: 1
    Toney: 1

No surprises in the captaincy list this time around. With a double fixture, the majority are looking at City and Haaland to bring in the points, with 14(!) managers backing the City striker. If you count the fact that De Bruyne is captained by two managers too, all but two managers in our league have captained City players. Good luck everyone!

My investment in FPL changes from time to time too. I've been struggling at making the right decisions this season, so I will probably have to make more of an effort if I want to do better next season!

That's a powerful chip to still have left. There are more possibilities to use it though.

Wish i had the triple captain left....
    You're doing well this season in this guessing game really.

I got kdb and rashford in -4 this gw.
    What changes have you made ?

Wish i had the triple captain left....
    You're doing well this season in this guessing game really.

I got kdb and rashford in -4 this gw.
    What changes have you made ?

Well, I've done more than a few decisions I regret doing this season. But it's been a very difficult decision to predict – more so than last season.

Good moves @007InAction! I transfered in Alexander-Arnold, Salah and Greenwood (as a cheap third striker option) for Aké, Martinelli and Kane. It's a bit of a reshuffle of funds, while targeting this weeks fixtures.
    I think a lot of people make decisions (guesses) they regret, like i did last gw.

You've got some top picks as well. Some great games on today in this long gw.
    It's not just making the right transfers, of course, but making them at the right time. If you have a hunch about a player and can be ahead of the curve, bringing him in early, that could have a massive impact on your overall rank. I hasn't happened in quite some time for me though, haha!

The tail end of the season can be very tricky to navigate, with rotation for injured players or players that still have more than one tournament to play – so making some right decisions until the final gameweek can give anyone in our league a rank boost.
    KDB not playing hopefully it wont stop my Triple Captain Haaland getting a haul. Fulham away is tough, though we are talking about City.
    City penalty after 90 seconds... Haaland steps up not Mahrez.
    Haaland hits 50 goals....
    Fulham can't get the ball, City always look like they have an extra man.
    Wow 1 - 1 great goal by Vinisius.

There goes my Stones clean sheet, Stones is in midfield so may get a goal or assist.
    Alvarez just scored a worldy. 2 - 1 City have way too many elite level players.

United 1 up Bruno gets the goal, get in.