The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Seven goal thriller and all I got was a 4 points due to a Yellow card from Pereira, thankfull for Jiminez's assist

Ouch! Incredible game though; shame Jiménez was only involved in that one goal. Jota had some match!

Did not watch it though sounds eventful will catch it on MotD, it appears Wolves changed there formation, not heard much about Jota prior to today.
    Seven goal thriller and all I got was a 4 points due to a Yellow card from Pereira, thankfull for Jiminez's assist

Ouch! Incredible game though; shame Jiménez was only involved in that one goal. Jota had some match!

Did not watch it though sounds eventful will catch it on MotD, it appears Wolves changed there formation, not heard much about Jota prior to today.

He was very popular at the start of the season, but didn't deliver many points. Maybe he'll be an option for the upcoming fixtures?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

He was very popular at the start of the season, but didn't deliver many points. Maybe he'll be an option for the upcoming fixtures?

Perhaps as a cheaper midfield option though noticed he has gone several games not playing in the team.
    TAA not starting though also not on the bench thankfully as I started with him, so Bamba will come in
    United Penalty...
    Pogba scores... Get in!
    Liverpool down 0-1…
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,388
    Liverpool down 0-1…

I had a feeling about this game, Liverpool don't tend to blow Palace away. Palace beat them at Anfield a few years ago.
    Liverpool down 0-1…

I had a feeling about this game, Liverpool don't tend to blow Palace away. Palace beat them at Anfield a few years ago.

Double 'pool defence not smart, it looks like!
    Liverpool down 0-1…

My defence does not have Liverpool players this week though I don't expect many points from my back line this week. I hope I don't regret benching Wan Bisaka
    Rashford scores 2 - 0 United
    Liverpool down 0-1…

My defence does not have Liverpool players this week though I don't expect many points from my back line this week. I hope I don't regret benching Wan Bisaka

Would be typical of Liverpool to blank with Salah captain!
    Liverpool down 0-1…

I am not convinced by Salah his stats are not as good as his recent points, after today Salah or Hazard is going to help me bring in Rashford, I should have got in Rashford weeks ago
    Salah goal
    Liverpool down 0-1…

I am not convinced by Salah his stats are not as good as his recent points, after today Salah or Hazard is going to help me bring in Rashford, I should have got in Rashford weeks ago

Getting rid of Salah is risky though, given his high ownership in the game. Hazard would be the one to make way, IMO (but that might backfire too!)
    Liverpool down 0-1…

Getting rid of Salah is risky though, given his high ownership in the game. Hazard would be the one to make way, IMO (but that might backfire too!)

Trying variations to try to keep both and keep Aubameyang, what ever I end up doing I'll have to take a hit, my recent transfers have not been good in fact wasted.
    Liverpool down 0-1…

Trying variations to try to keep both and keep Aubameyang, what ever I end up doing I'll have to take a hit, my recent transfers have not been good in fact wasted.

I've had a few of those this season too. Hazard and Richarlison are my priority now. Good fixtures for both, but when options are doing better…
    Salah again, major mistake by myself not captaining him unless Hazard has a blinder.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Red card Milner. Liverpool down to 10 men.
    Salah again, major mistake by myself not captaining him unless Hazard has a blinder.

Pretty happy with that captaincy now. In the first half I wondered whether I should have put the armband on Pogba instead. Need Aubameyang to do well tonight!
    Terrible game week on the cards for me, though at least United won to go into 5th place. 3 - 3 draw with Aubameyang and Hazard scoring will do me
    Terrible game week on the cards for me, though at least United won to go into 5th place. 3 - 3 draw with Aubameyang and Hazard scoring will do me

4-3 you mean? :-D

Don't know what to make of this gameweek. Really happy with Salah, Rashford, Pogba and Jiménez delivering, but feels worried having no City, double Liverpool defence and double Everton. Might be a hit coming up for next gameweek…

Don't know what to make of this gameweek. Really happy with Salah, Rashford, Pogba and Jiménez delivering, but feels worried having no City, double Liverpool defence and double Everton. Might be a hit coming up for next gameweek…

To be honest I have hit a wall with my team, just made some changes. Then I will leave my team alone for two weeks, I wanted to bring in Sane though City's fixtures are not great plus Mendy is returning soon. I'll reassess my team in two weeks. I just hope Hazard can bail me out for not picking Salah as Captain.

To be honest I have hit a wall with my team, just made some changes. Then I will leave my team alone for two weeks, I wanted to bring in Sane though City's fixtures are not great plus Mendy is returning soon. I'll reassess my team in two weeks. I just hope Hazard can bail me out for not picking Salah as Captain.

If in doubt, just saving a transfer can be worth it. Then you have two transfers to sort out the issues. Struggling with my team as well. Will have to wait until tomorrows fixtures are done to make a decision.

If in doubt, just saving a transfer can be worth it. Then you have two transfers to sort out the issues. Struggling with my team as well. Will have to wait until tomorrows fixtures are done to make a decision.

Gunners looking decent, I have conceded defeat in FPL no way I can make ground up so just going to try random stuff in remaining games and hopefully be a bit more clued up for next season. This GW will be my worst, everything has gone wrong since I Wildcarded, I have made errors trying to fix errors :))
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,295

Gunners looking decent, I have conceded defeat in FPL no way I can make ground up so just going to try random stuff in remaining games and hopefully be a bit more clued up for next season. This GW will be my worst, everything has gone wrong since I Wildcarded, I have made errors trying to fix errors :))

That sounds like me last season! I always made errors when switching out players - either keeping them too long, or not long enough. I'd target the blank/double gameweeks when we have more information about these fixtures, and plan transfers accordingly. Always the possibility to climb the rankings if doing well in that period!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This game-week is looking a bit better than recent ones for me. 64 points with 1 player still to play (Ederson).
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,295
    This game-week is looking a bit better than recent ones for me. 64 points with 1 player still to play (Ederson).

With Huddersfield this weekend, I guess those 64 points will increase to include a goalkeeper clean sheet!

That sounds like me last season! I always made errors when switching out players - either keeping them too long, or not long enough. I'd target the blank/double gameweeks when we have more information about these fixtures, and plan transfers accordingly. Always the possibility to climb the rankings if doing well in that period!

I have taken way too many hits also that have not helped, I have some of my players I need for the blank and double weeks, fingers crossed I can get a big haul.

As a side note Chelsea look in trouble going forward

I have taken way too many hits also that have not helped, I have some of my players I need for the blank and double weeks, fingers crossed I can get a big haul.

As a side note Chelsea look in trouble going forward

Good point scores during blank/double gameweeks can turn thing around though. Points are close in this game. If you use this tool – typing in your FPL ID in the top right field, you can see how many points separate your team with 1 mill, 500k, 200k, 100k etc.

https://gargatron.com/

From a non-FPL reason Chelsea not winning games would be great for us Arsenal fans, but I guess they'll get a striker in this transfer window anyway. How a new striker would affect the FPL points of Chelsea players will be interesting to see. Quite surprised Giroud didn't get more playtime against his former club. The red shirt suited him much better!