The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited April 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Didn't see the game last night. Did the injury look bad?

Did not see it either was asleep lol

West Ham losing as down to ten men.

3-2 in the end. Got a Lingard goal out of that game, so we can be happy about that.

Yeah Lingard is a FPL points machine right now.

Not only that, he's great value too – which makes it easier to spend money elsewhere!

Thinking of selling Son his firm is not great list patience with him plus a blank GW imminent.

He's got good fixtures after the blank, though with two transfers. I'm toying with the idea of a one week punt for Son. Might need to prioritise other transfers though.

Son just has not delivered for his price since I have had him, there are better cheaper options or I could get another top striker or defender in if I free up funds.

Just checked next week fixtures I am without a keeper so there goes my free transfer. As things stand I may struggle to field 9 players with players blanking and Yellow flags.

Transferred a keeper in just now.

Yes, he's not been delivering lately. I brought him in with the double in mind, and potentially the easy fixtures after the blank. As you mention though, downgrading him and shifting funds into the defence or in the striker spots is also an opportunity.

With Davis unlikely to feature much, I need to make a transfer for the blank as well – either Son, Kane or Dias. Haven't decided who to bring in though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

3-2 in the end. Got a Lingard goal out of that game, so we can be happy about that.

Not only that, he's great value too – which makes it easier to spend money elsewhere!

Thinking of selling Son his firm is not great list patience with him plus a blank GW imminent.

He's got good fixtures after the blank, though with two transfers. I'm toying with the idea of a one week punt for Son. Might need to prioritise other transfers though.

Son just has not delivered for his price since I have had him, there are better cheaper options or I could get another top striker or defender in if I free up funds.

Just checked next week fixtures I am without a keeper so there goes my free transfer. As things stand I may struggle to field 9 players with players blanking and Yellow flags.

Yes, he's not been delivering lately. I brought him in with the double in mind, and potentially the easy fixtures after the blank. As you mention though, downgrading him and shifting funds into the defence or in the striker spots is also an opportunity.

With Davis unlikely to feature much, I need to make a transfer for the blank as well – either Son, Kane or Dias. Haven't decided who to bring in though.

There are a couple of players I want to bring in though if thus week means hits. They maybe forced if my team is depleted.

There are a couple of players I want to bring in though if thus week means hits. They maybe forced if my team is depleted.

Forced transfers are really annoying. On the other hand, it might give you the opportunity to freshen up the team, targeting fixtures etc.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2021 Posts: 23,102

Forced transfers are really annoying. On the other hand, it might give you the opportunity to freshen up the team, targeting fixtures etc.

Not too fussed really just playing out the rest of the season, I will wait until this GW's fixtures have finished to make the transfers.

I wonder is Spurs will play out the rest of the season with a caretaker manager, the sacking seems a bit premature prior to a Cup Final and Top Four is still achievable, things must have got bad behind the scenes.

Does top four even matter now if this Super League cant be halted, everything is in chaos.

Edited: Just heard Ryan Mason been announced to stay in charge of Spurs first team until the end of the season.

I will see how Spurs set up before selling Son.

Not too fussed really just playing out the rest of the season, I will wait until this GW's fixtures have finished to make the transfers.

I wonder is Spurs will play out the rest of the season with a caretaker manager, the sacking seems a bit premature prior to a Cup Final and Top Four is still achievable, things must have got bad behind the scenes.

Does top four even matter now if this Super League cant be halted, everything is in chaos.

Edited: Just heard Ryan Mason been announced to stay in charge of Spurs first team until the end of the season.

I will see how Spurs set up before selling Son.

Agree, the timing of the sacking is a bit strange. It will be interesting to see if Sp*rs get a boost from this, or if they continue their current form.

Mendy not playing tonight means I need to make two transfers this gameweek. Need to think about which goalkeeper to bring in; can't prioritise any more GK transfers this season.
    @Torgeirtrap great week for you again, you would be top of the money league I am in currently by 3 points and there are some well known FPL managers in this money league.

I was hoping for a City clean sheet which did not happen (Ederson and Dias started for me), Watkins and Dunk both got points alas both on my bench and wont come in for Cresswell as Holding was my first sub.
    A bit busy today, so I only had time to do the gameweek winnr update now – with minutes to go until the next deadline! Our gameweek 32 winner was Dinamo Skruknott – scoring 84 points with a successful Triple Captain.

jimHjAK.jpg

Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC
    GW 27: BAMSI BEYYEM/Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 28: Shoots...he scores
    GW 29: Team Extreme
    GW 30: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 31: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 32: Dinamo Skruknott
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 84 - TOT 2097
    2. Team Extreme: GW 65 - TOT 1990
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 67 - TOT 1928
    4. Liverpool Richmond: GW 67 - TOT 1909
    5. Ayew Crazy!: GW 65 - TOT 1897
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 53 - TOT 1868
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 58 - TOT 1803
    8. Honesty FC: GW 49 - TOT 1754
    9. False 9 FC: GW 75 - TOT 1747
    10. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 48 - TOT 1733
    11. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 67 - TOT 1724
    12. Shoots...he scores: GW 53 - TOT 1614
    13. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 40 - TOT 1587
    14. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 57 - TOT 1578
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 33 - TOT 1542
    16. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 28 - TOT 1505
    17. Anfield FC: GW 59 - TOT 1396
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 23 - TOT 1281
    Congratulations to Dinamo Skruknott on a roll, how close to top in your money league are you surely you have closed the gap in recent weeks?
    Here are the gameweek 33 captaincy picks!
    Vardy: 5
    Fernandes: 3
    Salah: 3
    De Bruyne: 2
    Son: 1
    Kane: 1
    Mané: 1
    Calvert-Lewin: 1
    Iheanacho: 1

Some of the captaincy picks shows that we have some inactive teams in our league right now, with De Bruyne, Son and Kane all captained for their blank. Among the players that do play, Vardy is the most popular pick in our league, captained by five managers. Fernandes and Salah are the only other (playing) players backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations to Dinamo Skruknott on a roll, how close to top in your money league are you surely you have closed the gap in recent weeks?

I've actually closed the gap and I'm ahead in the money league right now. I've been fortunate to have my best gameweeks when those ahead of me had bad ones. The main reason is that I've benefited from playing the wildcard later than them – and I was the only one with a chip left when I played the Triple Captain on Kane last gameweek. It's still so close that a few bad gameweeks can put me behind again.

Some of the captaincy picks shows that we have some inactive teams in our league right now, with De Bruyne, Son and Kane all captained for their blank. Among the players that do play, Vardy is the most popular pick in our league, captained by five managers. Fernandes and Salah are the only other (playing) players backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

I've actually closed the gap and I'm ahead in the money league right now. I've been fortunate to have my best gameweeks when those ahead of me had bad ones. The main reason is that I've benefited from playing the wildcard later than them – and I was the only one with a chip left when I played the Triple Captain on Kane last gameweek. It's still so close that a few bad gameweeks can put me behind again.

Great stuff, my chip decision making this season has been poor. Only my bench boost really worked out and that's often seen as the worse chip.

Great stuff, my chip decision making this season has been poor. Only my bench boost really worked out and that's often seen as the worse chip.

The bench boost is the worst chip, IMO, as you need so much luck for it to work – and a lot of planning if you want to maximise the potential. But if you have a good bench with the right players for the right gameweek, it can also be the most powerful chip, wildcards aside.

My closest rivals have better teams than me for this gameweek, so I'm a bit nervous they'll close that gap significantly by the time the gameweek is over. Only made one transfer this gameweek though, so I'll have two free transfers next gameweek that I hope to get the most out of.

The bench boost is the worst chip, IMO, as you need so much luck for it to work – and a lot of planning if you want to maximise the potential. But if you have a good bench with the right players for the right gameweek, it can also be the most powerful chip, wildcards aside.

My closest rivals have better teams than me for this gameweek, so I'm a bit nervous they'll close that gap significantly by the time the gameweek is over. Only made one transfer this gameweek though, so I'll have two free transfers next gameweek that I hope to get the most out of.

I took a few hits this week got nothing to lose, my team had holes in it... Looking at the current score I may have made an error benching Holding.

I took a few hits this week got nothing to lose, my team had holes in it... Looking at the current score I may have made an error benching Holding.

Leno's own goal says otherwise… I'd have benched Holding if I could, but I would have had to use the second transfer to do it.

Leno's own goal says otherwise… I'd have benched Holding if I could, but I would have had to use the second transfer to do it.

Grim week for the Gunners Everton first win away to Arsenal in 25 years. I suspect a few other so called The Big Six may struggle in games with surrounding events.

Grim week for the Gunners Everton first win away to Arsenal in 25 years. I suspect a few other so called The Big Six may struggle in games with surrounding events.

It certainly doesn't help the performances. Just waiting for Villarreal to destroy Arsenal in the EL on top of things, just to make this a complete farce of a season.

It certainly doesn't help the performances. Just waiting for Villarreal to destroy Arsenal in the EL on top of things, just to make this a complete farce of a season.

Jota and TAA doing nothing, though glad Newcastle equalised it was justice the Wilson goal being disallowed.

Willock doing well, one of your players?

Jota and TAA doing nothing, though glad Newcastle equalised it was justice the Wilson goal being disallowed.

Willock doing well, one of your players?

Yes, he is – though I'm not sure if he's in Arsenal and Arteta's long term plans. He's a good player, and it would be great if he could continue that form at Arsenal next season.
    Gameweek 34 is over, and with City and Spurs blanking, we can look back at this gamesweek as a tricky one. Popular players like Alexander-Arnold, Fernandes and Lingard failed to deliver, and we only had an overall gameweek average of 26. The majority of our league managed to beat that average, so even if overall scores weren't that good, we had a decent gameweek. Best in our league this gameweek was Dinamo Skruknott, with a gameweek score of 64.

RMYrGGR.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC
    GW 27: BAMSI BEYYEM/Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 28: Shoots...he scores
    GW 29: Team Extreme
    GW 30: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 31: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 32: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 33: Dinamo Skruknott

League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 64 - TOT 2161
    2. Team Extreme: GW 32 - TOT 2014
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 39 - TOT 1967
    4. Liverpool Richmond: GW 46 - TOT 1955
    5. Ayew Crazy!: GW 38 - TOT 1927
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 57 - TOT 1925
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 40 - TOT 1839
    8. Honesty FC: GW 41 - TOT 1795
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 44 - TOT 1777
    10. False 9 FC: GW 27 - TOT 1774
    11. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 20 - TOT 1744
    12. Shoots...he scores: GW 56 - TOT 1670
    13. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 53 - TOT 1640
    14. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 39 - TOT 1617
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 34 - TOT 1576
    16. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 32 - TOT 1537
    17. Anfield FC: GW 36 - TOT 1432
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 42 - TOT 1323
    _______

We have another Friday night deadline, so make sure to have your teams ready by 18:30 UK time!
    Congratulations Dinamo Skruknott it's safe to say you will be this years league winner =D>

My worst GW points total since I started playing FPL, is the season over yet :)) My team is a mess, I will be limping to a top 300k rank if I am lucky, got another red arrow to 312k rank , been there all season frustratingly. ~X(
    Is every up for doing the Euro 2020 Fantasy Football?
    Congratulations Dinamo Skruknott it's safe to say you will be this years league winner =D>

My worst GW points total since I started playing FPL, is the season over yet :)) My team is a mess, I will be limping to a top 300k rank if I am lucky, got another red arrow to 312k rank , been there all season frustratingly. ~X(

We still have some gameweeks left, so it's still too early to be sure!

A rank drop from 221k to 312k must hurt. On the other hand, it shows how much you can climb in the overall rankings if you get a few good gameweek scores. :-)

I imagine I will be playing it. Is it live already?

A rank drop from 221k to 312k must hurt. On the other hand, it shows how much you can climb in the overall rankings if you get a few good gameweek scores. :-)

Not sure I will have a look later.

Not sure I will have a look later.

Couldn't find one on the official site, but I guess it should be up and running soon.
    Here are the gameweek 34 captaincy picks!
    Kane: 5
    Son: 3
    Fernandes: 2
    Vardy: 2
    Salah: 1
    Bamford: 1
    Wood: 1

With a favourable fixture against Sheffield United, it's no surprise to see Kane and Son topping the captaincy picks list this gameweek. Kane is the most popular captain, picked by five managers, while Son is backed by three managers. The rest of the captaincy picks include always popular players like Fernandes, De Bruyne and Salah, and some interesting differentials in Vardy, Bamford, Iheanacho and Wood. Good luck everyone!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Iheanacho captain for my team, at least he got an assist.
    I was fearing the worst last night when Southampton went down to 10 considering what happened last time in this fixture, plus I had just sold Vardy.

Wood my captain this GW, at this stage I cant get any worse than recent weeks so just taking punts now.
    Iheanacho captain for my team, at least he got an assist.

Iheanacho was a good pick, IMO!
    I'm curious who'll do best out of the captain picks in our league. Tricky fixture for Salah and De Bruyne, and Vardy didn't get anything from the game last night.

I was fearing the worst last night when Southampton went down to 10 considering what happened last time in this fixture, plus I had just sold Vardy.

Wood my captain this GW, at this stage I cant get any worse than recent weeks so just taking punts now.

Southampton was a decent fixture for Leicester, but with United, Chelsea and Sp*rs in the three out of the last four matches this season, selling Vardy might turn out a good decision.

Wood is in good form, and West Ham are prone to concede goals, so putting the armband on him might work out well!
    Holding not making the match day squad and Dias being out paid off got Dunk and his 8 points coming off the bench, also Watkins delivering again so far so good. Maybe time to sell Bamford though.
    Holding not making the match day squad and Dias being out paid off got Dunk and his 8 points coming off the bench, also Watkins delivering again so far so good. Maybe time to sell Bamford though.

Got to love bench points! I sure hope the United game is only moved to a later date and is pplayed this gameweek, as I have six players in that match alone!

Got to love bench points! I sure hope the United game is only moved to a later date and is pplayed this gameweek, as I have six players in that match alone!

Likewise I avoided the result and news to watch the full game now, only just found out it was postponed. The protest won't change anything.