The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Both Arteta and OGS were brought in under very special circumstances though. The Liverpool situation isn't that desperate. Arsenal's situation was particularly bad at the time Arteta was brought in, and I doubt any quality manager would have sought out that job at all. Gerrard will probably manage Liverpool at some point, but to appoint him now, might be somewhat like Chelsea appointing Lampard - probably a bit too soon.

A lot of the fans aren't used to losing 6 at home in a row so it's pretty bad.
    If they lose in the CL and don't make the top 4 anything can happen.

Klopp is overrated as manager when it comes to tactics imo. ? Agree or disagree ?

Given the recent titles, I don't think Klopp is in any way in risk of losing his job – even without CL. The injury crisis is another factor. The defence they have to play at the moment is far from a top four defence IMO, and I think the fans know that. If anything, I think Klopp will step down from the job himself at some point. He's been linked with the Germany job too.

As for his tactics, I don't know. I haven't heard many talk about tactics when it comes to Klopp, just that he's known for Gegenpressing.

I think Hans Flick would be more suitable for the Germany job as he was assistant to Löw wasn't he before getting the bayern job.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This week killed my season, I will still play though no chance of top 50k now. I will take hits for fun now lol
    Both Arteta and OGS were brought in under very special circumstances though. The Liverpool situation isn't that desperate. Arsenal's situation was particularly bad at the time Arteta was brought in, and I doubt any quality manager would have sought out that job at all. Gerrard will probably manage Liverpool at some point, but to appoint him now, might be somewhat like Chelsea appointing Lampard - probably a bit too soon.

A lot of the fans aren't used to losing 6 at home in a row so it's pretty bad.
    If they lose in the CL and don't make the top 4 anything can happen.

Klopp is overrated as manager when it comes to tactics imo. ? Agree or disagree ?

Given the recent titles, I don't think Klopp is in any way in risk of losing his job – even without CL. The injury crisis is another factor. The defence they have to play at the moment is far from a top four defence IMO, and I think the fans know that. If anything, I think Klopp will step down from the job himself at some point. He's been linked with the Germany job too.

As for his tactics, I don't know. I haven't heard many talk about tactics when it comes to Klopp, just that he's known for Gegenpressing.

I think Hans Flick would be more suitable for the Germany job as he was assistant to Löw wasn't he before getting the bayern job.

I definitely agree! It wouldn't be surprising to see "Hansi" Flick take on that job at some point.
    This week killed my season, I will still play though no chance of top 50k now. I will take hits for fun now lol

I wouldn't write off the season just yet; you're just 41 points off 100k and 67 points off 50k – that's beating the top 50k average with just over 6 points each gameweek until the end of the season. Some sensible transfers and a few punts can see you take big jumps in the rankings.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ironically since I gave myself a strong bench everything has gone down hill. I thing i gave myself a strong bench way too late and its really not that needed now.
  • edited March 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Ironically since I gave myself a strong bench everything has gone down hill. I thing i gave myself a strong bench way too late and its really not that needed now.

I'm struggling with a strong bench myself at the moment (I benched Fernandes this gameweek!), and I need to sort that out as soon as possible. A strong bench is only needed in special circumstances (bench boost, double gameweeks etc.) For most of the season, the best thing you can do is to have as good a starting eleven as possible, and a cheaper bench.
    No start for cancelo.
    Gündogan finally gets a goal.
    Benching Shaw really hurt it was a chance for me to climb ranks. Hopefully Gundogan get get more goals.
    5-2 and still 30 mins to go.
    Foden and KDB owners will be happy
    Gundogan looks like he is playing as a defensive mid now ? Time to sell him ?

He's now the best-value FPL midfielder of 2020/21 based on points per million, according to FPL's Twitter account. Still though, it's something to monitor. With double City defence I will focus on addressing that first, then maybe Gündogan, should he continue to play deep.

He's now the best-value FPL midfielder of 2020/21 based on points per million, according to FPL's Twitter account. Still though, it's something to monitor. With double City defence I will focus on addressing that first, then maybe Gündogan, should he continue to play deep.

With Kun and KDB back it looks like Gundogan will get less chances on goal.
    I will be getting rid of Ederson soon to get another City Midfielder in. Its very unlikely I will sell Gundagon as Pep changes his line up frequently and Gundagon will play more advanced in some games.

With Kun and KDB back it looks like Gundogan will get less chances on goal.

True. De Bruyne will often be involved, which lessens the appeal of Gündogan as an FPL asset. A fit Kun will no doubt be involved too. For the price though, Gündogan is a great player to have. But there are options around that price; Lingard, Raphinha, Barnes etc.
    I'll be back with the gameweek winner update later. Been a bit busy throughout the week, so I simply forgot to check before the deadline.
    I forgot had five minutes to go before deadline, i did not change anything. Bruno my captain.
    Finally had the oportunity to look through last gameweek's scores, and we can congratulate not one, but two managers on a very good gameweek score of 76 – BAMSI BEYYEM and Para bailar Lallana!. Congratulations! =D>

6Fm2wev.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC
    GW 27: BAMSI BEYYEM/Para bailar Lallana!

I'll be back with the league table standings after gameweek 28 is finished.

_______
    I forgot had five minutes to go before deadline, i did not change anything. Bruno my captain.

Ended up doing nothing either. There wasn't any transfers I had to do this gameweek, and having two free transfers going into gameweek 29 doesn't hurt! Ended up captaining Fernandes too, but it was a close call between him and Salah. Kane was under consideration as well.
    Here are the gameweek 27 captaincy picks!
    Fernandes: 4
    Son: 3
    Salah: 2
    De Bruyne: 2
    Gündogan: 2
    Martial: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Sterling: 1
    Bale: 1
    Kane: 1

In a gameweek with no standout captaincy option, it's no surprise to see the captaincy pick list reflecting that. Fernandes is the most captained player, backed by four managers. Son comes second, with three managers giving him the armband. Good luck everyone!
    Finally got Martínez to replace Hugo.

A shame he missed out on the clean sheet!

With seconds remaining.
    Lascelles got a goal so glad I started him.
    Good player, good pick.
    Good player, good pick.

I was expecting 0 - 0 in that game. Also I have missed out on Lascelles points recently it would have been a risk to bench him again lol

With seconds remaining.

So, so frustrating!
    Surprise win for Burnley though see DCL scored, just sold DCL though Kane was his replacement.

In good shape for the Blank GW currently have 8 players.
    Surprise win for Burnley though see DCL scored, just sold DCL though Kane was his replacement.

Really needed a Digne clean sheet this weekend, but Everton were horrible. I have to find a replacement for gameweek 29.

I hope to field ten players, if there's no injuries. It won't be an optimal team for next gameweek though, so I'm expecting a low gameweek score.

Really needed a Digne clean sheet this weekend, but Everton were horrible. I have to find a replacement for gameweek 29.

I hope to field ten players, if there's no injuries. It won't be an optimal team for next gameweek though, so I'm expecting a low gameweek score.

I did not plan for the blank that much, I just brought in Lingard, Son and Jane over the last few weeks. I woukd have got them anyway so not much of a shock to my team, I already had another five players in my squad for the blank, I may just get one more in and go with 9

I did not plan for the blank that much, I just brought in Lingard, Son and Jane over the last few weeks. I woukd have got them anyway so not much of a shock to my team, I already had another five players in my squad for the blank, I may just get one more in and go with 9

With the wildcard to play, I've planned my transfers for gameweek 29 for some time. I intend to maybe overhaul the team in gameweek 30 or 31, depending on injury news etc.

Planning for a single gameweek isn't necessarily that important though, as there's good fixtures after gameweek 29 – and have been before it.
    Just made one transfer for the blank so have 9 platers now, it was my free transfer. It makes no sense to take hits now with so few games. I will go with 9 unless disaster hits my team.

I have played all my chips been mostly disasters lol I am pretty much on auto pilot with this season now. I am looking forward to Euros 2020 Fantasy Football assuming it goes ahead.