The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Gundagon off injured dam! Looks like groin injury.

Did it look serious?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Did it look serious?

He walked off in some discomfort, knowing the injury I would be surprised if he is risked in a few days to be honest.

Did it look serious?

He walked off in some discomfort, knowing the injury I would be surprised if he is risked in a few days to be honest.

Hm, that's not good… Can only hope it's not something that will keep him out for weeks.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Did it look serious?

Hm, that's not good… Can only hope it's not something that will keep him out for weeks.

It could clear up in a few days though if I was Pep I would not risk him and they have the players to come in.

Did it look serious?

It could clear up in a few days though if I was Pep I would not risk him and they have the players to come in.

Pep certainly isn't short for options!
    United were useless again though got points plus bonus from Shaw and Bruno.

Arsenal battering Leeds is also doing me a big favour FPL wise.
    United were useless again though got points plus bonus from Shaw and Bruno.

Arsenal battering Leeds is also doing me a big favour FPL wise.

Never for a minute believed Arsenal would get anything from this game other than a consolation goal. Nice to be proven wrong there!

Digne was a pointless transfer in the end. Tempted to take a hit for a replacement…
    I was genuinely concerned about the Everton game, I did not see a Fulham win in that fixture at all.
    I was genuinely concerned about the Everton game, I did not see a Fulham win in that fixture at all.

Me neither. If anything, I thought that would be the game that Everton picked up form again, even without Calvert-Lewin. What annoys me, is that I had Shaw lined up as my Robertson replacement, but the double fixture for Digne made me pick him instead.

Will need to focus on the transfers I have planned for the upcoming gameweeks, then see if Digne is worth a transfer out. If I can't find a decent replacement, then I'll have to keep him for the Bench Boost.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited February 2021 Posts: 2,353

Me neither. If anything, I thought that would be the game that Everton picked up form again, even without Calvert-Lewin. What annoys me, is that I had Shaw lined up as my Robertson replacement, but the double fixture for Digne made me pick him instead.

Will need to focus on the transfers I have planned for the upcoming gameweeks, then see if Digne is worth a transfer out. If I can't find a decent replacement, then I'll have to keep him for the Bench Boost.

Auba is back ?, could have had 4 goals.
    No bonus Grealish, Watkins, Bamford points this gw. Ouch.....
    edited February 2021 Posts: 23,327

I think my decision to almost ignore this Double GW may cost me, though I just did not want to take hits. Going forward not drastically changing my team hopefully will be a good decision. In other leagues I have noticed some managers literally have every player playing twice.

Can only hope he is! Arsenal are not scoring enough goals, so an in-form Auba is crucial.

Expected Bamford and Watkins to get something this gameweek. Several of my money league rivals got Antonio, so I'm pretty sure he'll deliver tonight.

I think my decision to almost ignore this Double GW may cost me, though I just did not want to take hits. Going forward not drastically changing my team hopefully will be a good decision. In other leagues I have noticed some managers literally have every player playing twice.

The potential upside covering double gameweek players can be huge. At the same time, taking hits is always risky. The general consensus by several top managers seems to be that anything between a -4 to a -12 has potential to reward managers in a double, if covering the right teams.

Some managers have played their wildcards too, in preparation for these upcoming gameweeks.

With the Bench Boost yet to be played, I kinda have to target the doubles. I have an idea when I want to play it, but it will depend heavily on how the injury situation is by that gameweek.

Can only hope he is! Arsenal are not scoring enough goals, so an in-form Auba is crucial.

Expected Bamford and Watkins to get something this gameweek. Several of my money league rivals got Antonio, so I'm pretty sure he'll deliver tonight.

The potential upside covering double gameweek players can be huge. At the same time, taking hits is always risky. The general consensus by several top managers seems to be that anything between a -4 to a -12 has potential to reward managers in a double, if covering the right teams.

Some managers have played their wildcards too, in preparation for these upcoming gameweeks.

With the Bench Boost yet to be played, I kinda have to target the doubles. I have an idea when I want to play it, but it will depend heavily on how the injury situation is by that gameweek.

I played my chips way too early, I have not even looked at the next two GW's not even sure the third Double GW fixtures have been announced.
    Forgot there were games on tonight, Cresswell with a clean sheet, an assist and 3 bonus I will gladly take those points.
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 17,279

I played my chips way too early, I have not even looked at the next two GW's not even sure the third Double GW fixtures have been announced.

There's really no right or wrong time to play the chips though. Those that target playing the chips now might not get the most out of them, with European tournaments starting up again, and the risk of rotation becoming even more of a factor.

We still don't know how all the double gameweeks will look like, but Ben Crellin on Twitter is usually pretty spot on with his predictions.
    Forgot there were games on tonight, Cresswell with a clean sheet, an assist and 3 bonus I will gladly take those points.

You're doing really well this gameweek!

There's really no right or wrong time to play the chips though. Those that target playing the chips now might not get the most out of them, with European tournaments starting up again, and the risk of rotation becoming even more of a factor.

We still don't know how all the double gameweeks will look like, but Ben Crellin on Twitter is usually pretty spot on with his predictions.

I needed those Cresswell points, softened the blow of not having as many Double GW players as others.

I needed those Cresswell points, softened the blow of not having as many Double GW players as others.

Really wish I had Cresswell in my team. I've either not had the cash needed, or enough transfers to be able to make the move. West Ham got some tricky fixtures coming up, so it might be too late to jump on the Cresswell train now.

Really wish I had Cresswell in my team. I've either not had the cash needed, or enough transfers to be able to make the move. West Ham got some tricky fixtures coming up, so it might be too late to jump on the Cresswell train now.

Cresswell as done well for me as have Shaw and Formerly Justin since I brought them in. Hopefully Mee will play tomorrow and be a good replacement for Justin.

Cresswell as done well for me as have Shaw and Formerly Justin since I brought them in. Hopefully Mee will play tomorrow and be a good replacement for Justin.

With many having picked Tarkowski or one of Pieters or Lowton, I really hope Mee plays too!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

With many having picked Tarkowski or one of Pieters or Lowton, I really hope Mee plays too!

I don't think Mee or Gundogan will play.

Hopefully he starts Cancelo cap and Dias.

I don't think Mee or Gundogan will play.

Hopefully he starts Cancelo cap and Dias.

Doesn't look like it, no. Just hoping Cancelo and Dias play!
    Ben Mee not in the match day squad great, points lost there I bet.

Gundagon apparently not ready according to Pep in Manchester Evening news, though with Pep you never know. I really need Dias back now.

Gundagon apparently not ready according to Pep in Manchester Evening news, though with Pep you never know. I really need Dias back now.

Really wish I had picked Lowton over Mee. Could have saved some cash as well.

I think Pep ruled Gündogan out, so I'd be surprised if he plays. At least he delivered in the first game.

I too need Dias back. If he misses out, I'm relying on Calvert-Lewin to deliver against City.

I think Pep ruled Gündogan out, so I'd be surprised if he plays. At least he delivered in the first game.

I too need Dias back. If he misses out, I'm relying on Calvert-Lewin to deliver against City.

I am hoping Fulham score now to soften the blow of losing Mee.

And they did…

And they did…

102 points in the end, though if only those injurys did not occur may have had a really good point total. I can't believe I am made no ground up again, a very small green arrow.

Debating whether to bother getting another Leeds player in or/and a Southampton attacker for the next Double GW.

From Leeds Dallas is a transfer I can do.

And they did…

102 points in the end, though if only those injurys did not occur may have had a really good point total. I can't believe I am made no ground up again, a very small green arrow.

102 points is a very good score indeed, as you ended up as the gameweek 24 winner! Congratulations! =D>

CUIkhwY.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme

Been a bit busy today and will be tomorrow as well, so I'll do a league table standings writeup after next gameweek finishes.

Debating whether to bother getting another Leeds player in or/and a Southampton attacker for the next Double GW.

Hm, that's a tricky decision. There's a huge upside covering any of the two teams, but it depends if you fancy the players you want to do well in those fixtures. Dallas for example, do you expect he will get a clean sheet in the double?

And they did…

102 points is a very good score indeed, as you ended up as the gameweek 24 winner! Congratulations! =D>

CUIkhwY.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme

Been a bit busy today and will be tomorrow as well, so I'll do a league table standings writeup after next gameweek finishes.

Hm, that's a tricky decision. There's a huge upside covering any of the two teams, but it depends if you fancy the players you want to do well in those fixtures. Dallas for example, do you expect he will get a clean sheet in the double?

Dallas clean sheets unlikely though has assist potential in either game and scores the odd goal, because iof upcoming fixtures sold Shaw and got Dallas in.
    Not sure what to do this GW, considering benching City players.

Edited: I bottled dropping Dias and Ederson at the last minute.
    GW26 Double GW
    WvfLp1q.png

GW27 Double GW
    U99Wbc6.png

GW29 Blank GW
    qxaQW1p.png

Thankfully my team is already overflowing with players with Double games in GW26.

That blank GW29 is going to be a problem for many.